guess i will need to go NYC in Sept,
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 15:57   Link #20682
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
my living room is already like this,:

as of now the only kit i packed away is all my mini RC kits........ and i still need time to cut out all the boxes and make more room for future kits
That is quite a collection, nice job
Old 2011-06-02, 22:08   Link #20683
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
That is quite a collection, nice job
thanks , but that wasn't a picture i took recently, it was 2 year ago, i'm trying to clean up the space a bit, hopefully will take some new picture when i have time
Old 2011-06-02, 22:10   Link #20684
skyboy928

i finally have the time to finish my SD Sinanju, i'm putting them together with my SD Unicorn
as well as their MG version
it look so cool, lol
Old 2011-06-03, 06:00   Link #20685
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

great collection skyboy
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 06:36   Link #20686
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
great collection skyboy
i agree^^ dude, you totally need to upload your full collection! im really curious to see it!
my new shelf is on its way now, too so maybe on monday or so i can get some pics of my own full collection up as well. with currently 23 or so completed kits it really isnt as impressive though XD but then again, i only just started less then a year ago :P

edit: YES! my OO raiser cleard customs this morning afterall! =D so there still is a chance that i get to build it tomorrow^^

Last edited by Appel; 2011-06-03 at 07:30.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 07:41   Link #20687
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i agree^^ dude, you totally need to upload your full collection! im really curious to see it!
my new shelf is on its way now, too so maybe on monday or so i can get some pics of my own full collection up as well. with currently 23 or so completed kits it really isnt as impressive though XD but then again, i only just started less then a year ago :P

edit: YES! my OO raiser cleard customs this morning afterall! =D so there still is a chance that i get to build it tomorrow^^
i start my collection way back, but all these on the picture are my collection since i came to US, my older one have been destroy by my cousin when i ship it over before i actually came here......... his father thought that's the gift for his son

as of now i do have pretty much all the PG grade except those special edition.
i have total of 14 PG, but 4 of them still need time to put it together. ever since i join these forum my mood have been higher than ever, i never know anyone love Gundam model kits as much as me, soi guess it's just a matter of time for me to put them up.
Old 2011-06-03, 07:49   Link #20688
Appel

oh shoot, that sucks pretty badly :T
you have all regular PGs? oh thats nice! i only have one of them, the astray. but i totally love it and im planing to get a different PG later. maybe they announce a new one this year, who knows^^
Old 2011-06-03, 08:40   Link #20689
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

My local hobbyshop just started a sale and I was wondering if what kit you guys would recommend. Here's a list of the kits that I'm currently interested in:
HG 00 Qan[T]
HG Gundam Harute
HG GN Arms Type-D + Gundam Dynames
MG Zeta Gundam 2.0
MG Infinite Justice Gundam
MG Force Impulse Gundam
MG Gundam Mk.II 2.0
MG Hi-nu Gundam

Last edited by Chiu_fan; 2011-06-03 at 09:13.
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 09:00   Link #20690
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
My local hobbyshop just started a sale and I was wondering if what kit you guys would recommend. Here's a list of the kits that I'm currently interested in:
HG 00 Qan[T]
HG Gundam Harute
HG GN Arms Type-D + Gundam Dynames
MG Zeta Gundam 2.0
MG Infinite Justice Gundam
MG Force Impulse Gundam
MG Gundam Mk.II
MG Hi-nu Gundam
that would depend on the price

i would say Zeta 2.0, Mk.II (if it's 2.0 as well) those 2 kits's skeleton quite nicely build you could do a lot of different pose with that. the best part they come with a base, for such old kit it's the best you can hope for.

Impulse wasn't bad too if you don't have any Gundam Striker of any kind, because they basically look the same, with tiny little different on some part.

Hi-Nu is great too, having just finish this kit, it's definitely one of the best out there.

i don't have Infinite Justice yet, i still need to get that to go side by side with my Freedom, lol

i didn't have those HG kit that you mention here so i can't say much about that.

so it's pretty much depend what series you like and the price.
hope that help you a little
Old 2011-06-03, 09:34   Link #20691
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
that would depend on the price

i would say Zeta 2.0, Mk.II (if it's 2.0 as well) those 2 kits's skeleton quite nicely build you could do a lot of different pose with that. the best part they come with a base, for such old kit it's the best you can hope for.

Impulse wasn't bad too if you don't have any Gundam Striker of any kind, because they basically look the same, with tiny little different on some part.

Hi-Nu is great too, having just finish this kit, it's definitely one of the best out there.

i don't have Infinite Justice yet, i still need to get that to go side by side with my Freedom, lol

i didn't have those HG kit that you mention here so i can't say much about that.

so it's pretty much depend what series you like and the price.
hope that help you a little
I forgot to type the "2.0" there.

This list was supposed to be longer but I just had to pick the ones I really liked, which are those in my list and I really like all of them(currently equally). As for the price, it wouldn't even bother me how high or low it is right now but I can only buy either 1 MG or 2HGs. I just want to know which kit will wow me more, know what pros and cons each kit has and a few heads-up on what I need to watch out for in those kits.(I've seen a lot of reviews already but I still can't choose which)

I going to add MG Deathscythe Hell EW ver. to the final list but I'll just wait for the re-release. Maybe they fixed the faceplate by then.

Thanks for your insight. I need the information so I can weigh in which kit will impress me more so I can buy it. The sale goes on for a month, so I still have time to decide.

BTW. Nice collection. You paint them or just panel lining or OTB build?
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 11:43   Link #20692
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
I forgot to type the "2.0" there.

This list was supposed to be longer but I just had to pick the ones I really liked, which are those in my list and I really like all of them(currently equally). As for the price, it wouldn't even bother me how high or low it is right now but I can only buy either 1 MG or 2HGs. I just want to know which kit will wow me more, know what pros and cons each kit has and a few heads-up on what I need to watch out for in those kits.(I've seen a lot of reviews already but I still can't choose which)

I going to add MG Deathscythe Hell EW ver. to the final list but I'll just wait for the re-release. Maybe they fixed the faceplate by then.

Thanks for your insight. I need the information so I can weigh in which kit will impress me more so I can buy it. The sale goes on for a month, so I still have time to decide.

BTW. Nice collection. You paint them or just panel lining or OTB build?
i c, in that case i would suggest to go with Hi-Nu
for all my kits i only panel lining, since i'm really suck at painting, and lately Bandai been doing a great job on the paint itself, so i'm pretty satisfy already. i do wish to learn how to paint them or even do some small scale modeling, but again.... the painting is the part where i hate the most......
Old 2011-06-03, 11:59   Link #20693
Appel

Quote:
i c, in that case i would suggest to go with Hi-Nu
for all my kits i only panel lining, since i'm really suck at painting, and lately Bandai been doing a great job on the paint itself, so i'm pretty satisfy already. i do wish to learn how to paint them or even do some small scale modeling, but again.... the painting is the part where i hate the most......
painting really isnt that difficult. just get some proper spray paint from tamiya and you are good to go^^
i painted my freedom and im really satisfied with the result!
http://h-3.abload.de/img/foto07553hkk.jpg
its painted and top coated.
but in the future i dont think ill paint models completely anymore. like you said, bandai is doing an awesome job with the color of the plastic so i will probably just top coat them from now on.
but if there are some parts where i dont like the color i will paint those. for example, the freedom had some parts that were in a very off-black color, somewhere between black and purple. so i painted those black.
Old 2011-06-03, 13:54   Link #20694
skyboy928

Quote:
painting really isnt that difficult. just get some proper spray paint from tamiya and you are good to go^^
i painted my freedom and im really satisfied with the result!
http://h-3.abload.de/img/foto07553hkk.jpg
its painted and top coated.
but in the future i dont think ill paint models completely anymore. like you said, bandai is doing an awesome job with the color of the plastic so i will probably just top coat them from now on.
but if there are some parts where i dont like the color i will paint those. for example, the freedom had some parts that were in a very off-black color, somewhere between black and purple. so i painted those black.
ic, a question tho, do you spray paint it before you cut it the pcs out or after?
i heard from one of my friend said that he spray paint the whole thing. but sometime if you want specific part in different color it's kinda hard to tell which part to paint.
also another thing prevent me from even trying is...... i live in a basement, so spray paint's smell gonna stick around for quite sometime.....
Old 2011-06-03, 15:19   Link #20695
Appel

Quote:
ic, a question tho, do you spray paint it before you cut it the pcs out or after?
i heard from one of my friend said that he spray paint the whole thing. but sometime if you want specific part in different color it's kinda hard to tell which part to paint.
also another thing prevent me from even trying is...... i live in a basement, so spray paint's smell gonna stick around for quite sometime.....
i cut off the pieces from the runners, put them on sticks with tape and then i spray them with pait and stick that into a styrofoam block to let it dry.
the white pieces i didnt paint though. i left them on the runner and sprayed them with the top coat only. worked like a charm^^

the smell wont be that bad. spray everything outdoors and you will be fine. tamiya colors and top coat dry quickly. my house didnt smell at all^^ just leave a window open and you iwll be perfectly fine.
Old 2011-06-03, 15:33   Link #20696
Appel

i do have a question about seals though:

in the top right corner he is immersing the seal in something before applying it. since there are no official water slide decals for the OO yet i suppose those are the regular sticker seals that come with the kit. is there a trick to it to apply them so that it doesnt look that horrible anymore and make them look as good as water slides?
being able to read japanese would be awesome now^^
Old 2011-06-03, 17:28   Link #20697
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
i cut off the pieces from the runners, put them on sticks with tape and then i spray them with pait and stick that into a styrofoam block to let it dry.
the white pieces i didnt paint though. i left them on the runner and sprayed them with the top coat only. worked like a charm^^

the smell wont be that bad. spray everything outdoors and you will be fine. tamiya colors and top coat dry quickly. my house didnt smell at all^^ just leave a window open and you iwll be perfectly fine.
What about the leftover piece of plastic from the branches? Do you do something to clean them off, or do you just leave them there?
Old 2011-06-03, 17:52   Link #20698
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
What about the leftover piece of plastic from the branches? Do you do something to clean them off, or do you just leave them there?
you mean the little bit of excess plastic thats left when you cut off a piece from the runner? the way i cut them off i usually dont have a lot of that. and if i do i just trim it off with my hobby knife.
the white pieces which i top coated i just leave like that. i trim off the excess plastic and thats it. its just top coat and not a paint nub, you dont see that when the kit is finished on the white pieces^^
the colored and black pieces i cut off the runners, trimmed off the excess plastic and then painted and top coated them. that way you dont see anything at all. no nubs no nothing^^ i was very pleased with the results.
just be careful that your clear pieces dont come into contact with top coat! because if they do they wont be clear anymore XD they look milky afterwards.
Old 2011-06-03, 19:35   Link #20699
skyboy928

Quote:
you mean the little bit of excess plastic thats left when you cut off a piece from the runner? the way i cut them off i usually dont have a lot of that. and if i do i just trim it off with my hobby knife.
the white pieces which i top coated i just leave like that. i trim off the excess plastic and thats it. its just top coat and not a paint nub, you dont see that when the kit is finished on the white pieces^^
the colored and black pieces i cut off the runners, trimmed off the excess plastic and then painted and top coated them. that way you dont see anything at all. no nubs no nothing^^ i was very pleased with the results.
just be careful that your clear pieces dont come into contact with top coat! because if they do they wont be clear anymore XD they look milky afterwards.
good tips, definitely will give it a try. maybe get some cheap kit to try tho.
Old 2011-06-03, 19:48   Link #20700
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
in the top right corner he is immersing the seal in something before applying it. since there are no official water slide decals for the OO yet i suppose those are the regular sticker seals that come with the kit. is there a trick to it to apply them so that it doesnt look that horrible anymore and make them look as good as water slides?
being able to read japanese would be awesome now^^
The preceding pages certainly don't display any special solutions, hence I'm assuming they're just dipping it lightly in water, though I can't be certain.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy