Oobleck - Me

Ruby - Kai Porter
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 07:25   Link #2623
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palsa-San View Post
That Kagome cosplay from Alodia is very nice, which reminds me that I still haven't finished the Final Act.

Regarding Liddu-Kun's report, simply epic.
The amount of details on the costumes are extremely impressive, and they're all excellently done. ^_^
I can't pick any particular cosplay out, because I think they're all outstanding.
By the way, Blessie's costume is of Eureka from Eureka Seven.
There are so many Love Live cosplays at this event, it must be related to the movie since it just came out not too long ago. ^_^
I've actually been thinking of drawing μ's in original costumes, based on Alice in Wonderland, but it will have to wait until I get a new computer.
Overall, it looked like a fun convention, great cosplays and great pics.
Oh, Eureka 7? That's an anime, right? Guess I made a mistake then. Thought her cos came from a game.

Well, there's been a massive influx of Love Live cosplayers in our cosplay community. It has become the dominant idol anime in cosplay conventions here. Idolmaster and AKB0048 cosplay has become literally extinct. O_O

@Flower

Message to you from Mae-chan (the Morgianna cosplayer). She's already seen your comment about her cosplay.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-01-03 at 08:04.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 06:07   Link #2624
MoonBeam

Not the best, but the effort is there:
MoonBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 05:49   Link #2625
Ulin

It's very original I love it!
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 18:24   Link #2626
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Triple R

Have a message for you from my friend Haruna Kazumi. The Nozomi cosplayer. She already saw your comment for her at the Love Live thread.

Anyway, here are some more of her pics last Christmas season.

Disclaimer: Pics not shot by me. Given by my friend to share here.

. . . .
Old 2016-01-19, 05:56   Link #2627
MoonBeam

Oh, Alodia!

MoonBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 08:31   Link #2628
Liddo-kun
is this so?

EDIT: Voting is now over, my friend got third place. Thanks to all those who helped.

Hi. Just sharing the Akame cosplay of my friend Anika Celestine.

Disclaimer: photo not shot by me.

If you have spare time, and have a facebook account. We would appreciate if you give a Like to her pic (FB link inside spoiler tag). We need your help, she's in a contest right now. Thank you.

Umm, and on another thing. I will be posting another anime convention writeup in a few days from now. Just need a few more days to finish it. ^^

EDIT: Voting is now over, my friend got third place. Thanks to all those who helped.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-02-20 at 06:13.
Old 2016-02-19, 12:45   Link #2629
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Otaku Expo 2016 (day 2)

Well, it's now 2016. And here is the first anime convention for this year. Otaku Expo 2016 was held last Jan 23-24 at Sm Megamall megatrade hall. Have a few complaints about this convention, particularly the large ticket price increase and the "free" meet and greet that is not actually free. But still a decent enough convention, since I had a good time with friends there.

Without any further delay, here are the pics.

Arrived at SM megamall in the afternoon.

First cosplayer that I met is Keizee cosplaying as Nyaruko from Haiyore! Nyaruko-san. Seeing the crawling chaos is a great way to start the day. ^^

. .

Time: approximately 2:30 pm

Well, I saw Keizee inside the hall.. and unlike the report I made last year. This time there is no ticket to show. They just stamp your arm and that's it (will elaborate on this later). For now let's walk around outside. :3

First pic outside the megatrade hall is Feliz, cosplaying as .. hmm.. sorry, can't understand what she wrote in my notebook. Anyone know this character? Will edit this part later once I talk to her.

Next is a Nico Yazawa cosplay by Patpat. With her is her friend Heartly, cosplaying as Rikka.

. .

And walking just a little, I see Yume, also cosplaying as Rikka. Chuunibyou is still very much alive in the cosplay community. Saw a lot of them this convention.

Stocking Anarchy cosplay by Miyuki Mami

Time: approximately 3 pm

Back inside again. Just passing time inside. :3

Angelica cosplaying as Nao Tomori from Charlotte

Shana-chan cosplaying as school girl version of Miku.

. .

Saw Nyaruko-chan (Keizee) again.

Let's take a look around at some of the things for sale at the convention area.

Saw Kate near one of the booths. Told me that it's her first time to cosplay. Well, she did a nice start in my opinion.

Ok, that's enough time inside for now. Explore again outside.

Time: approximately 4 pm

Saw a friend. Rijin cosplaying as Nyaruko-chan. Hmm, she's not yet wearing the wiggu. Will meet her again later this day. She did a kawaii Chitoge cosplay at Christmas Toyfair. :3

Next, I encountered another friend. Ichi Goku cosplaying as Rin Hoshizora (awakened cheongsam version) from Love Live.

And walking a little bit more.. I see Alyza in a maid costume. Asked her if it's Nico from Love Live, but she said it's just a maid costrip. Still cute though.

Well, just keep walking at the hallway. I meet Rijin again - she now has the Nyaruko wig on. Can't resist smile a little while we were shooting the pics, because the anime of Nyaruko-chan is really funny.

Anyway, Rijin-chan plans to costume a Love Live character next (Kotori or Nico). Hmm, LL is still very popular over here.

Now waling back to the megatrade hall. I meet two more Love Live cosplayers. These two costumes are the same character and look similar, but they are different version.

Maki Nishikino (Idolized Ninja version) cosplay by Bea, and Mina cosplaying as Maki Nishikino (awakened cheongsam version).

. . .

Time: approximately 4:30 pm

Meet and greet + entrance fee price increase: back inside the megatrade hall again. Hmm, I've now heard about the "free" meet and greet. However, I think this meet and greet is not really free because it's one of the causes in increasing the entrance fee. Even those who are not interested in the meet and greet are forced to shoulder paying the larger entrance fee cost ( I'm fairly sure that not everyone who went inside lined up like crazy to meet the foreign guests Luffy and Tsubasa). And one more thing, the organizers... did not even print tickets this time, last year they have tickets. Maybe the organizers have watched Spice and Wolf, because they're getting better at cutting down on costs and earning a bigger profit. xD

Well. let's now again take a look at some of the booths inside.

Maid cosplay by Tiffany. It's kawaii. :3

Patricia cosplaying as Bishamon from Noragami. I wonder if she practiced the poses before going to the convention, because they are done well imo.

Regine cosplaying as Azuki Azusa from HenNeko. First time to see someone cosplay a character from this anime.

Hmm, have heard that there's another megatrade hall (freedeom hall) being opened for those who paid ticket. Let's go there for awhile. ^^

Time: approximately 5 pm

Hmm, there's no stalls here. This hall is specifically opened for cosplayers to have photoshoots, and get a little rest for those who are tired.

Taiga cosplay by Robin

Went out again.

Saw a cosplay that I did not expect to see. Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka? cosplayers. Shino Kim as Chino and Erie as Cocoa. Oh, and they told me that grandpa bunny became small because he is on a diet.

. . . .

Yuki Nagato cosplay by Lurie-chan

Well, let's walk a bit more.

Next, I see another friend. Blessie cosplaying as Miyo from K-On.

Ibuki from Danganronpa 2. Cosplay by Mai Robles.

. .

Elaine cosplaying as Honoka from Love Live (unawakened cheongsam version).

. .

Anj cosplaying as Umi from Love Live (unawakened cheongsam version).

And just walking a bit more. I see Shing as Nico Yazawa and Hirata Satsuki - well, you already know, both from Love Live. Plenty of nice LL cosplays in this convention. :3

. .

Lee Anne Mae as Mirai from Kyoukai no Kanata, and her friend Crishane as Izuna from No Game No Life.
Sorry for the slight blur on their kawaii pose on the second pic, my hands are already a bit tired.

. .

Krystien as Taiga Aisaka from Toradora. She seems angry at something... just kidding. xD

Entered freedom hall once again.

Time: almost 6:30 pm

Met my friend Jin Desalisa (Himeko from Sket Dance and also there is her friend Scarlet (Kurumi Tokisaki from Date A Live)

. . .

John Lester as Yato from Noragami. Just have to take a shot of this.

Patricia (Bishamon cosplayer I met earlier) is also at freedom hall. Asked her if it's ok to take a shot with Yato-san. Well, Bisha is no longer angry at Yato in the anime.

Oh, and met another friend. It's Grace - well, she's just doing a costrip today. But there's a costume that she's making and we would probably see it at the next convention that I meet her. :3

Went outside the freedom hall.

Unexpectedly met another friend outside. Camille cosplaying as Zatana from DC. Haven't seen her for more than two years. Glad to know that she's still active at conventions.

Let's take one last look inside the megatrade hall.

Time: almost 7 pm

Booths are still open.

Isabelle Seno as Kotori Minami from Love Live (schoolgirl version)

Alpaca stuff toys

I almost bought this Maki Nishikino towel. Was able to control myself at the last moment. Bought some much cheaper posters instead. XD

Pauleen cosplaying as Doma Umaru from Himouto Umaru-chan. She looks so happy with the game.

. . .

Well, and that's it for the megatrade hall. Time to make a last walk outside.

Cyndy cosplaying as Shino Hiiragi from Owari no Seraph

Rinko Yamato from Ore Monogatari. Cosplay by Shieshie

Still plenty of cosplayers even at this time. Let's explore a bit more before going home.

Bea as Rize Kamishiro Tricia as Touka Kirishima. Both characters are from Tokyo Ghoul.

Went back inside the freedom hall. The reason I'm moving around a lot is because there are still some friends that I haven't located. Trying to find them.

An Caymie cosplaying as Mirai Kuriyama. Another cute Mirai cosplay. ^^

. . .

Not here... let's go outside again. xD

Charise Doblada cosplaying as Nozomi from Love Live (candy version)

Saw some Kill la Kill cosplayers just outside the megatrade. Tabitha as Ryuko (in Junketsu uniform) and Ariz as Satsuki Kiryuin.

. . . . .

Take a look inside the megatrade.

Hmm, souvenir shirts and cat wallet. But the people that I'm looking for are not here..

And out again.

Found one of the persons I'm looking for. Donna-chan cosplaying as Nakiri Alice from... _____ oh my, so tired that I forgot to ask her what anime is this. This part will be edited later. Other cosplayers in the group are.. Yukihira Soma = Kenneth, Estalane Nakiri Erina = Abegail Layosa, Tadokoro Megumi = Clarence Decena Aldini Takumi = Ivan Salvador, Kurokiba Ryo = Marvin Tayong Nakiri.

And woah! Another person that I'm looking for is there. Jochelle cosplaying as Taiga. Well, her Taiga doesn't look angry.

. . . .

Well, now said goodbye to my friends. It's really time to go home now.

Time: almost 7:30 pm

Some last shots while walking to the escalator.

Lolita cosplay by Lanilyn Ishihara. This is the first time I've seen her in person. But her name is familiar to me, because I often see her at Cosplay Market's page.

. .

And the last pic for this convention is a Shimakaze cosplay by Aire Xie.

Goodbye Otaku Expo 2016. Thanks, and I hope the ticket price doesn't increase too much on the next year. ",)

Pics from friend:

These pics are from my friend Krisha. Note, these pics were not shot by me. Credits goes ot her photographer. We were not meet at the convention, so she just gave me these.

Shibuya Rin from IdolM@aster Next Generation. Cosplay by Krisha Montano

. .

Pics taken at home:

No ticket as souvenir. The only things that I got from the convention are these Love Live posters. Well, they're cute and some of the pics used are pics that I haven't seen yet. The fold in the middle have been fixed by placing them under as heavy book. :3

. .

__________________________________________________ ___

And here's some extra stuffs. xD

Cosplay Encore 2016

- I did not record this video, sharing it with permission from the owners -

Since I did not have any video from Otaku Expo 2016... I would just want to share this performance by Ivy Musume at Cosplay Encore 2016. This anime convention happened last Feb 13 at Stardome. The video would also be uploaded later at their youtube channel. :3

https://www.facebook.com/ivymusume/v...message_bubble

Their youtube and FB page:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ivymusume

https://www.facebook.com/ivymusume/videos?fref=photo
__________________________________________________ ________________

Well, that's all. Thank you for reading. A song valentines gift from a friend living far away helped me to finish this. Thank you tomodachi. ",)
Still not decided on what convention to attend next, but I might Cosplay Carnival 2016 on Feb 21.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2022-11-25 at 09:36.
Old 2016-02-22, 02:53   Link #2630
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Another awesome report Liddo-kun!
Sorry I'll have to keep my comment short, as it's 2:45 in the morning (busy with a drawing).
Angelica's Nao Tomori from Charlotte as well as Shino Kim and Erie's Gochuumon cosplays were a pleasant surprise.
I'll have to cut the rest short though, but all of the cosplays at this convention were excellent, I'm happy to see that Love Live and Kyoto-ani are still quite popular, and the same goes with Tora Dora and Haiyore.
Old 2016-02-22, 11:35   Link #2631
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Thanks friend. Anyway, Toradora is an immortal anime in conventions here. The anime has made an appearance in a local channel here, which probably contributes to it's popularity.

Yep, gochuumon is a very rare find. ^^

Hmm, and here are two more cosplay pics from Cyndy. The background lighting is darker on this one.

Old 2016-03-01, 01:36   Link #2632
judasmartel
*Author

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you, a REAL-LIFE ANIME TRAP!

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/03/0...s-own-student/
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 17:05   Link #2633
RichardFromMarple

Taken at a recent cosplay meet at Manchester's Bar Pop.

Not my photo, I'm cosplaying as Dr Oobleck from RWBY in the top right.
Old 2016-03-05, 05:06   Link #2634
judasmartel
*Author

If anyone's interested, the 2016 Philippine Otaku Convention will be featured in GMA-7, one of the major TV stations in the Philippines, tomorrow at 8:30 am Philippine Standard Time.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 09:04   Link #2635
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Cosplay Carnival 2016 (day 2)

Hi, sorry for being late again. Here's one anime convention that we've attended last February. Cosplay Carnival is a 2 day event (Feb 20-21) held at SMX Convention Center at MoA. We attended the second day.

Without further delay, here are the pics:

We arrived there at approximately 1 pm in the afternoon.

First cosplay pic for the day is Cat cosplaying as Shigure from Kancolle

Jec cosplaying as Erza from Fairy Tail

Walking a bit more, we see Audrey. She's cosplaying as Nia. And she's also working as a booth girl for Cospray - they sell hair spray. the dye can easily be washed off with water.

If you're interested in their product, please contact miss Marjorie.

. .

Time: 1:30 in the afternoon
Place: inside function 4

Ok, let's walk a bit more. Next we meet Mizu Kimi and Yuno Yuzuki cosplaying as Chitege and Marika. Hmm, I didn't know that a wig like that is available for Togechi... err... I mean Chitoge-san (I'm just joking ok xD). Sorry, the photo is a bit blurred.
Oh, and this is one of the best Marika I've seen. Her facial expression seem to match the real character. ^^

Now we walk at the stalls, just window shopping because not much extra cash. We see a maid costrip by Rica Mae.

Pic together with cat bag. :3

A-Rise cosplay by Rhea (Erena), Alvie (Anju) and Cielo (Tsubasa)

Hmm, and walking a bit more.. we now see some Love Live items. This anime is still very famous in conventions in our country. Will probably stay that way for many more months to come, since a season 3 is coming. The book looks nice, but no money to buy it. ;__;

Anyway, moving on we see Arisa cosplaying as Nurse Joy. Hmm, first time to see this character cosplayed in a convention here. And nice smile. ^^

Time: approximately 2:30 in the afternoon

We have been walking for a long time now. Time to take a short break, so we go to the snack section to buy some drinks and takoyaki.

And at the snack section, we also see Pammy cosplaying as Homura Akemi. Looks like she caught a Kyubey.

Oh, and also near the snack area is the stage. They are having a contest on who can drink Mogu Mogu the fastest. Contest looks fun. ^^

. . .

The takoyaki is delicious. Let's walk again. xD

But wait.. the mogu mogu drinking contest had 2 winners, a girl cosplayer and a guy who crossdress as a character from Love Live. @.@

Now walking near the stalls again. We meet Patricia cosplaying as Umaru-chan. I wonder what she wants to buy in this convention. More games or patayto chips? Just kidding ok.

We saw what looks like a mini cherry tree. Take a souvenir pic with it. :3

Gale C as Temmie from Undertale. At first, I thought she was really selling something. o.o

Most conventions have nice figurines on display. And of course, this conventions has one too.

We meet Rica Mae once again. She's rather tall.

Vina Miyazaki cosplaying as a character from Dynasty Warriors. Sorry, have not heard properly the name of her character. a bit hard to talk to her since she's taiwanese. This part might be edited later with character name. **

Some more items on display.

Miku Hatsune (Love Philosphia version). Cosplay by Mary Rose. Hmm, the costume looks a bit big on her, but still looks good imo.

I remember seeing a larger cosplayer in another con wearing a similar cos, maybe she bought or rented it from that person.

Mira Jane cosplaying as Rin Hoshizora (white day version) from Love Live

We bought some anime posters from one of the tables. I'll show later.

Well, there might be more cosplayers outside. So let's go outside for awhile.

Place: 2nd floor, outside Function Room 4
Time: almost 4 pm in the afternoon

And it's the right thing to go outside, because one of my friends is there. Charlene cosplaying as Chitoge. Kawaii desu.

. . . .

Walking a little, we see a Love Live (Wonderful Rush version) group cosplay. It's nice seeing a group effort like this one.

Yuriko Lee (Umi Sonoda), Rim (Hanayo), Yumichan (Kotori), Nachan (Eli Ayase), and Shaira Cabangbangan as Nico Yazawa.

. .

. . .

Shinoa Hiragi cosplay by Aydie. The pic above her head is a joke done by her friends. I'm not the one who did it. :O

. .

It's getting a bit late. So let's take one last stroll inside the function room before going home. Already got souvenirs, and I've taken a a lot of pics already.

Place: inside Function Room 4

Going inside again, we meet miss Yvette at the Unmei Nihongo Learning Center booth. If you want to learn japanese, this is the place to go. They have some fun games too, like a wheel and origami sumo (I think we won this xD).

. . . .

Ahoho, we found a cat tail! :3

And a bit tired now. so we sit for a bit. This is the first time we sit since we arrived. Tired, but stil having fun.

After the short rest, take a shot of the cosplayers that are near us..

Nielscze Anne as Kotori Minami from Love Live (Cotton Candy version)

Jasmine Chan and Monica Ramos, cosplaying as Hatsune Miku and Maki Nishikino (cheongsam version). Even in the afternoon when most people are tired, cosplayers still have a good smile.

Shops are still open and active.

And this is the stage where a cosplay competition was done.

We went to the area of the function room where they draw stuffs. The girl with the scarf goes by the nickname "Nightmare Syrup". She draws really well, the Marisa pic that I will show at "pics taken after getting home" was drawn by her. :3

. .

This is the schedule for the meet and greet. unfortunately, didn't have time to fall in line for this. We did see one of them walking around during the afternoon, although was not able to take a pic. desu ><

Takumi Akatsuki cosplaying as Mirai Kuriyama. She's tiny and cute. We played a scene where Mirai is happy to receive money. xD

. .

. .

Just before going out we meet Sho. He's a crafstman / props maker in the cosplay community here. Some props used by my friends have been made by him.

And just before we go out the exit.. we met one more of my friends. Donna-chan cosplaying as Kayo Hinazuki from Boku Dake Inai Machi. Hmm, first time, I've seen this character. Might be a good anime.. anyway, received a b-day gift from Donna-chan (will show later). Arigatou.

Goodbye Cosplay Carnival 2016. Had some good memories from this event. Hoping to come back again next year. ",)

Pics taken after getting home:

Received cat stuff toy from Donna-chan. Makes sound when you press it. ^__^

Some of the posters that I bought there. Date A Live, Akame Ga Kill. Kancolle and Himouto Umaru-chan.

. . . . .

Drawing by Nightmare Syrup

Brochure / fliers from Unmei Nihongo Learning Center

. .

Kotori pin. Bought three of these, but I gave the others away to Aiza and MJ-cat (she was not able to attend this convention).

Well, that's all. Thank you for reading. ^^
Next convention writeup will be about Tagcom on April 17.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-04-08 at 06:23.
Old 2016-04-05, 22:29   Link #2636
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Richard, cool shot.

Liddo-Kun, awesome report as usual.
The Dynasty Warriors character is Daqiao.
Old 2016-04-07, 08:13   Link #2637
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Palsa-san.

Thanks. Hmm, you do know some stuff about that game. XD
Old 2016-04-07, 14:47   Link #2638
RichardFromMarple

This was taken at Manchester Anime & Gaming Con, featuring me as Slash.
Old 2016-04-08, 01:27   Link #2639
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
@Palsa-san.

Thanks. Hmm, you do know some stuff about that game. XD
I've read the book it was loosely based on, but the game led me to it.
Old 2016-04-10, 23:27   Link #2640
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Nielscze Anne as Kotori Minami from Love Live (Cotton Candy version)

Were a few other nice ones, but Her Cotton Candy ver. Kotori was easily my favorite from this one, a very cute cosplay .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosplay, photo