4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-14, 16:49   Link #41
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Great episode as usual. I was hoping for a reappearance of "shy Mion" but
instead we've got one acting almost like an adult.

More in my comments on Ep 10.
Old 2006-06-15, 11:29   Link #42
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Finally the start of the (at least by me) most awaited of the question chapters, Tatarigoroshi.

Out of the three first parts for each chapter we've seen so far (episodes 1-5-9), this is the one I've rated the highest.
Basically because it's the one giving out more substance. While it keeps its appearance of calm and peaceful rural environment at the very beginning, that's just more that we get later.
And that's when Shion gives that hint of semi-madness, though it's just for a couple of seconds, but especially in Rena's deep shocking mode near the end. Those insane eyes we've seen a lot in Onikakushi, but that I personally didn't expect to meet in chapter 1 of Tatarigoroshi. Also because it was quite a long scene, with some important subjects mentioned.

Maybe it's because at this point we are, all in all, more acknowledged about the whole show, that Rena's outburst made some sense.
But at the end of the episode I felt like having clues on my mind already about this chapter, which didn't happen on ep 1 and 5. Basically the comedy took about just a little more than one half of the episode, while the purpose of the remaining was informative.

Plus for having sweet Satoko on the spotlights. I agree, who wouldn't want a little sister like her? ^^

Oyashiro-sama's curse is mentioned more than once, and I tend to associate it with the "supernatural", which is the path I'd be more oriented as for now, though I admit the rational explanation path is more or less equally worthy.

9/10 to the episode, by the way.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-06-15 at 13:33.
Old 2010-02-06, 02:11   Link #43
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, a great start to a great new arc, good to see some focus on Satoko now, Wow, this story went from 0 to psychotic again really quick, with the scene with Shion,