AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-02, 23:38   Link #61
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

General consensus is that the demo is good.

I gotta get to my PS3 and or 360...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 11:37   Link #62
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well there was still the opinion stating that you can basically still dodge every bullet sent at you with a certain button, also atleast they balanced that.. It would have been God-Mode either way without cheats if you can use it alot.
You can't do that forever, the power suit overheats pretty quickly and it takes time for it to stabilize. Still it's a good power that allows you to either dodge or run away from rain of bullets (or missiles, like in the demo boss fight ) and take cover somewhere safe.

I really like the gameplay, it's like a fast paced Gears of War with more freedom of movement and bullet time.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 12:05   Link #63
Dobby

When the slo-mo matrix style kicks in after doing a roll, oh my god, that was total enjoyment factor for me.

Now, if only Sam can do moves like Zephyr or Vashyron in End of Eternity... Damn, what a game that would be.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 13:53   Link #64
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Awesome boss fight is awesome. One of the very few shooters that still has a boss fight, these days the end levels are usually escapes, taking out large amounts of enemies, nice to see a boss, this game just became a must buy, its so smooth and beautiful as well as fun and well good.

Hope they nerf the sliding thing a little bit it makes things a bit too easy, I'm definitely playing the game on it's hardest mode to see if the sliding still makes it easy.

I chuckled a bit when the guy carrying a minigun says "I'm gonna need a bigger gun"

Feels like a fast paced Gears of Wars and plays like a better gears of war, if there is online multiplayer I will love this game with all my heart.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 16:16   Link #65
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
You can't do that forever, the power suit overheats pretty quickly and it takes time for it to stabilize. Still it's a good power that allows you to either dodge or run away from rain of bullets (or missiles, like in the demo boss fight ) and take cover somewhere safe.

I really like the gameplay, it's like a fast paced Gears of War with more freedom of movement and bullet time.
So there is an extent to how much times you can dodge a bullet, and the times you can spam press the dodge button?
Old 2010-09-03, 16:23   Link #66
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Story trailer :

Well basic plot with Bad guy = Russia vs Good guy = USA .

Gameplay kinda remind me Lost Planet tough .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 16:25   Link #67
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
So there is an extent to how much times you can dodge a bullet, and the times you can spam press the dodge button?
No, I don't think he discovered the 'x' button (or its equivalent on the 360). You can continue dodging (duck 'n rolling) even when your meter has run out. Whenever I got in a jam, it'd instantly kick into slow-mo, I'd knee slide out of the chaos area, then kept mashing 'x' until I got to cover and recharged my health.

I have full confidence in Platinum Games to make it a helluva experience though, mashing 'x' or no.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 16:30   Link #68
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Story trailer :

Spoiler for Video:

Well basic plot with Bad guy = Russia vs Good guy = USA .

Gameplay kinda remind me Lost Planet tough .
Russia vs the USA... Well its not surprising anymore since a lot of the games involve these 2 superpowers facing off. But once again, like in Ace Combat: Combat Horizon. Are we just fighting over "1" city? New York, or are the Russians inflicting a USA-Wide invasion? Because if it was over just 1 city that even if its highly-populated, it would be somewhat awkward..

Quote:
No, I don't think he discovered the 'x' button (or its equivalent on the 360). You can continue dodging (duck 'n rolling) even when your meter has run out. Whenever I got in a jam, it'd instantly kick into slow-mo, I'd knee slide out of the chaos area, then kept mashing 'x' until I got to cover and recharged my health.
Someone can become a god in the game with these skills
Old 2010-09-03, 16:35   Link #69
Dobby

Quote:
Russia vs the USA... Well its not surprising anymore since a lot of the games involve these 2 superpowers facing off. But once again, like in Ace Combat: Combat Horizon. Are we just fighting over "1" city? New York, or are the Russians inflicting a USA-Wide invasion? Because if it was over just 1 city that even if its highly-populated, it would be somewhat awkward..

Someone can become a god in the game with these skills
If I remember correctly, San Fran was arleady wiped out, and they are moving to their next target(s).

But Sam ain't gonna stand for that.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 19:02   Link #70
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Okay, time to drop some speculation based on the trailers seen so far and info from the Japanese site (dear developers: there is no excuse for one version of a site to lag behind the other in terms of content)...

Zaitsev's organization has taken up the reins of power in Russia and declared war on the United States; the seizure of the Providence colony via surprise attack and devastation of San Francisco is just the opening act. In addition to the Marine response (with accompanying battlesuit operator), one Professor Candide is also heading up the gravity well on a secret mission of his own.

Between the skinsuit and what appear to be interface points gracing his skull, I suspect Zaitsev might have a battlesuit of his own (the Soviets are sure to have their analogue of DARPA up and about), and therefore qualifies as a possible boss fight at or near endgame.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 10:37   Link #71
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Just played the demo. I guess it was ok, but I wasn't particularly overwhelmed.

Though maybe I didn't quite grasp all the controls...
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 11:57   Link #72
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Okay, time to drop some speculation based on the trailers seen so far and info from the Japanese site (dear developers: there is no excuse for one version of a site to lag behind the other in terms of content)...

Zaitsev's organization has taken up the reins of power in Russia and declared war on the United States; the seizure of the Providence colony via surprise attack and devastation of San Francisco is just the opening act. In addition to the Marine response (with accompanying battlesuit operator), one Professor Candide is also heading up the gravity well on a secret mission of his own.

Between the skinsuit and what appear to be interface points gracing his skull, I suspect Zaitsev might have a battlesuit of his own (the Soviets are sure to have their analogue of DARPA up and about), and therefore qualifies as a possible boss fight at or near endgame.
Ok so after destroying San Fransisco in a surprise attack, they are still specifically targeting New York, even when the trailer said that if they wanted to prevent the devastation of New York. They would have to surrender to Zaitsev's organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
it's still possible to get hit while evading (pressing X), i tried evading consecutively and still took a hit during the animation's roll on the floor.

so evading doesn't technically make you immortal to bullets, just less likely to get hit.
Ok that atleast balances the immortal dodging ability somewhat.
Old 2010-09-06, 21:59   Link #73
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Just thought I'd let folks know that the OST is planned for release in late October, according to the VGMdb entry.
Old 2010-09-16, 08:02   Link #74
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

TGS Trailer :

As usual , very dynamic gameplay . I feel like playing Cassherns
Old 2010-09-16, 08:39   Link #75
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
I changed my mind abouth this title: Totally want.

Too bad I'm rather poor atm and only have enough for Enslaved. Ah well money and time will come!

But jeez looks like a really fun game, all shiny and BOOM.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 08:44   Link #76
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , with all those great games i won't buy them all . Just buy one or two and wait . Price might drop later
Old 2010-09-16, 11:38   Link #77
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

"SAN FRANCISCO IS GONE NOW!"

I see the voice acting is top-notch as always :3
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 12:17   Link #78
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
TGS Trailer :

-video redacted-

As usual , very dynamic gameplay . I feel like playing Cassherns :D
Gamersyde has a pair of videos (no audio) covering the first battle with Zaitsev:

And just look at all those DEWs and cluster bombs.

Also watch for a threatened colony drop...
Old 2010-09-16, 16:36   Link #79
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

To many great games to consider I don't know what to spend my money on
Old 2010-09-17, 02:45   Link #80
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

2nd Demo confirmed :

Quote:
Capping off a stage show presentation at this year's Tokyo Game Show, Vanquish director Shinji Mikami and producer Atsushi Inaba announced that they will be releasing a second downloadable demo for the fast-paced shooter. Called the "Vanquish Challenge Mode Demo," the idea is that this slice of the game will be more difficult than the first demo, and designed to let hardcore fans see what the game will be like when they get accustomed to its tricks.

Given that this was announced at TGS, the duo didn't say anything specifically about a U.S. release, but such a thing seems like a pretty safe bet. The demo is scheduled for a September 22nd release in Japan.

Tags
platinumgames, science fiction, third person shooter