AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-15, 03:11   Link #1221
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i have a feeling that Misaki & Hei will get together
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2007-07-15, 04:49   Link #1222
Nanami
~ stray wolf ~

Nooo, I want Hei to be lone wolf
Old 2007-07-15, 05:43   Link #1223
ItachiGT
Banned

I also don't think Hei end up with a woman in the end.
Old 2007-07-15, 06:22   Link #1224
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Last Friday I and my friend watch the new OP together and we almost laughed ourselves off the chair. Not only because it's soooo Initial-D-ed, but also because....

Spoiler:

Someone should really do a shot-by-shot comparison ^^haha

And for 10xcopies of Hei in the OP, I found a very funny qoute by a japanese blogger. She wrote this in Big, Bold, Black...
"SO MANY HEI!!!!"
(Hei ga Takusan!!!)

...Let's take one home, shall we >w<~*

Spoiler for For Amber...:

Kino ~Kino no Tabi
Original Illust: Yomo (http://yea.jp/taimando/)
Old 2007-07-15, 11:02   Link #1225
ItachiGT
Banned

Yeah xD, but the car in DTB is a Porsche^^, so no comparisson to those "cheap" cars
Old 2007-07-15, 12:35   Link #1226
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Hei doesn't look that happy in the last scene in the first op with her though.
There is quite a bit of history between them, which is pretty much whats all this series about: Hei's past...

I have to agree with someone's earlier comment about Hei-Amber relationship most likely being similar to Spike and Julia. Love-hate crap going on... Hei probably will blame Amber for Bei's disappearance. etc..
We probably will learn more about them in the coming 2-3 episodes judging from episodes title.

( I actually have pretty low faith in this anime. The ending I guess is that Hei continued working for the same organization by the end; same team... mao, Yin, and that fat guy.. nothing change. Amber disappear again. nothing get resolved.
OR well... Amber dies, Hei dies, and becomes legend, Yin smiles and run around again... not going to happen, since they can't really pull good ending like that.)

(The OP suggests to me that Misaki will be chasing Hei around like aways and he always get away like always till the ending...sigh.., it also features hei fighting his own doll... or they might be only symbolizing Hei fighting with himself in the past.)

Last edited by quina; 2007-07-15 at 12:46.
Old 2007-07-15, 15:54   Link #1227
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Old 2007-07-15, 16:31   Link #1228
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Well.. i think that the Hei vs Heis fight its about an intern fight with him self....i dont think that they will use the clon plot (it´s not original anymore) so.

And about love, i want to see a love story, i think that it will be between Amber and Hei (i mean, hei loves/hates Amber, even when all the girls in the show loves him) And i think that his love story will be more sad that the one in Romeo x Juliet jejeje. And yes.. talking about specutation.. i think that Hei will die in the end.... i am preparing myself for that moment..
Old 2007-07-15, 16:40   Link #1229
Nanami
~ stray wolf ~

Yeah, something like Spike in CB "you must carry this weight" Why do they like so much to kill so gorgeous heroes? Don't forget that contractors don't have feelings or at last they're a bit different in emotion matters, I though. I wonder who'll die in the end, if not Hei.
Old 2007-07-15, 17:05   Link #1230
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Quote:
I have to agree with someone's earlier comment about Hei-Amber relationship most likely being similar to Spike and Julia. Love-hate crap going on... Hei probably will blame Amber for Bei's disappearance. etc..
We probably will learn more about them in the coming 2-3 episodes judging from episodes title.
Hey Quina, do you know the future arc title? i hope that it says something like... the black and white past or something.. jeje..

And yes Nanami, they love to kill gorgeous heroes because they love to make us cry!!!!!
Old 2007-07-15, 17:16   Link #1231
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Has anyone noticed the show has become a little more comedic, a little more apathetic, a little more slice of life?? The earlier episodes seemed more serious and focused, but now the show seems to have become more..I don't know, formulaic...The fights are so quick and decisive in the last few episodes (anit-climatic really)...I still very much like the show but ever since that quirky detective and his assistant entered the show I don't feel the "darkness" in Darker Than Black like I felt early on...Ep preview to 15 looks promising though...
Old 2007-07-15, 17:19   Link #1232
ItachiGT
Banned

Yeah absolutley correct!

Eps. 1 and 2 were cool, and the Havoc-Arc, that's noir!
When i watched the first 2 episodes, i got that "thrilling-feeling" because of the atmospheric setting.
It was like a thirller or a film noir. But now somehow it lost this characteristic.
However i am sure, that it will those episodes will come back again, when the story is about Hei's sad/tragic whatsoever story about his past etc.

Btw: Now i get attached to the new op. after having watched it the 50th time now^^; Illegal street-races ftw.
Old 2007-07-15, 17:21   Link #1233
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Nooo!!!!!Hei won't die!!!! He will forget everything and he will live happily with Pai and...with a woman (misaki?Yin? Not Amber because I already hate her!!!!) please don't make him die!!!!
Old 2007-07-15, 17:21   Link #1234
herbert

Wow, Maids! X 3. Thank you very much. These fanart are so great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
Yin looks very cute in childish swimwear while keeps the expressionless face.
Old 2007-07-15, 19:08   Link #1235
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiGT View Post
Yeah absolutley correct!

Eps. 1 and 2 were cool, and the Havoc-Arc, that's noir!
When i watched the first 2 episodes, i got that "thrilling-feeling" because of the atmospheric setting.
It was like a thirller or a film noir. But now somehow it lost this characteristic.
However i am sure, that it will those episodes will come back again, when the story is about Hei's sad/tragic whatsoever story about his past etc.

Yeah that atomosphere is totally lost to me now...I mean I was ridiculously excited early-on...The coldness of the characters..., The fusing of those awesome Jazz rifts to the action was delicious...The fights had an air of sensory overload to them..But now Hei is just a one trick pony beating (forgive me as their names escape me, but) Opera-lady, Doctor guy, and that Elf-eared psycopath with relative ease...Hei is also kinda turing into this super-loner cliche even morso..When the goofy detective grabbed him by the collar in ep 14 (and his reaction to it), I was like "Haven't I seen this scene 500 times before..." As for the girl I just didn't get caught up in her emotional story, I felt as apathetic as her character seems in the story while watching it...

I've gotten used to the shows' superb animation so I'm now looking for a little bit more in the fighting sequences beyond it just looking crisp...I want to see some creativity in the fighting...The "win by a quick electric shock no matter the circumstances" is getting a bit stale to me...I thought Opera Lady would do something like emit sonic waves that blow up territory or something with Hei dodging them and having to use some skills, but it was just a desperate quick shock (zapping his heart was cool though)...Since we non-japanese speaking peeps have to wait to watch ep 15, atleast the best rival characters IMO in the series are in this next ep...Hopefully they get the series back to it's darker atmosphere despite that goofy detective subplot...
Old 2007-07-15, 19:25   Link #1236
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Yup, i agree with you guys, before the Havoc arc everything get a lot more lighter..(the Hells gate arc and the Yin arc were more balanced) but i have the feeling that we are going to go back to the dark territory, even when Amber looks soo silly (i think that she will be like in the flashback but she just smile to everyone... ) i think that if she can make a difference in Hei´s fights. we all will be very thankfull with her... (or she can give him good sex to make him happy too jejejejeje)
So, even when the show is great, and it always been, i think that we havent watch the best part yet!
Oh, and the part in ep 14 when Hei makes his own hearth beat.. was the coolest scene ever! that was original i think., he use his stronger skill, his brain.
Old 2007-07-15, 21:22   Link #1237
JiggleJiggle
Master of the Universe

hei is just cool, period.
Old 2007-07-16, 04:34   Link #1238
Nanami
~ stray wolf ~

I bet that closer to the end, darker the atmosphere It works even with comedy anime. Ah, I hate this Amber's clothes, pink suit with furry something or this shirt with baseball hat, wtf. She looks so childish. In flashback she looks a lot better.

Anybody counting how many times was "pizza hut" adv?
Old 2007-07-16, 11:18   Link #1239
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
my opinion about new OP and ED
OP: the first i watch it suddenly car comes out i said in my mind "i watch darker than black right?? not Initial D right??"
i like the songs and the scenes but i'm prefer Howling
my favorite scenes is where Hei fight with his clones "am i right?"
and amber at OP soo much like C.C (code geass)

ED: hmm i'm more like high and mighty color singing a rock type than slow type
so i'm prefer Tsukiakari

for me Hei/Li will not end with Misaki
i like Hei/Li just alone
Old 2007-07-16, 15:44   Link #1240
tresor

Very High on Darker Than Black

Dreams Closing Sounds Like, a dream it literally disappears if you do not listen carefully, but like when one pays attention to dreams one can see...

First Piano Lead In The Way It Is Bruce Hornsby
First guitar lead in Power Line Husker Du
Opening Bass Line The Real Me John Entwistle The Who
First Synthesizer Hoshi No Koe Far Away
First Singing Melody, I'm A fool to DO your Dirty Work Steely Dan
second & third?? lyrics melody???
mellotron strawberry fields Forever
violen Elenor Rigby
Last Singing/Chorus Melody first part Sayanora
Guitar Part Second Lyrics Melody Cowboy Bebop Blue
The Last Word Tail Off into the echo machine sounds like the last word end of You Left Me Standing In The Rain By Husker DU

The animation for the Dreams song looks like an album cover, it hit me right away. Can't say, as his been pointed out it might give it all away (maybe, I don't know actual the ending). It's from the same artist (this is from ~1975) who has a song I now think Life is Like A Boat sounds like. Importantly, in the album cover there are a pair of boots taken off and a man in a suit without boots on, which indicates that Nick taking the boots off renumeration was most likely an act of kindness rather than for pure atonement etc, "kindness. She can never go back" was Nick's rationale for killing Corine, which throws out another question that I know will never be answered, or maybe the question is the answer, your actions are what really make up who you are?

I really like this ending song, it's sad and weird like the show its in is Sadder Than Sad. Bai, Hei, Yin and then Mao on the beach like children, is beatiful and sad and hopefully happy.

They should throw in Why Do Contractors/Fools Fall In Love (Maki/Desu) and Again/Janet Jackon(Hei) for Episode 16, my guess is this will be the theme of the next episode (from those eyes in the preview).

Spoiler for Very Small Spioler Episode 15:

I spoke with my friends and this is our consensus (not unanimity, I have another totally different one as number one) list for the top 2 all time.
Revised List
Most Favorite All Time
1. 5cm
2. Darker Than Black

Tags
action, supernatural