AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-05, 04:25   Link #241
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
He was all over Emilia anyway, in their one encounter. I guess finding out that she is Mylenes sister scared him off. ^^
That possibly their mom who he calls old lady. Guess what reaction Millia would have if two of her daughters fight over one guy.
Old 2008-09-05, 04:26   Link #242
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Cheese's analysis of that scene in Ep 22 is I think fairly accurate. I also believe that Alto really doesn't have a clue as to how to comprehend women's feelings towards him. After all the signs and hints and everything he's as dense a rock. Sad really. Great analysis. Looking forward to the fansubs to catch what I missed.
Old 2008-09-05, 07:00   Link #243
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Did you guys notice that Macross F introduces the cutest little critters? First Ai-kun the baby Vajra and now baby whatever cat like thing from Ep 10.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-05, 07:05   Link #244
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

soft toys potential!
Old 2008-09-05, 07:07   Link #245
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
soft toys potential!
You know, I'd actually buy one of them if they ever came out on the market.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-05, 07:28   Link #246
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
You know, I'd actually buy one of them if they ever came out on the market.
no worries, i might too!
Old 2008-09-05, 08:04   Link #247
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
I remember about you and your post. No offense, but how old are you ?
Asking for one's age is a sign of your own immaturity.

That was uncalled for. Of course, you claim to state that you meant no offense. But what if I was to ask you if you were a witless fucking idiot? Then state I meant no offense at the end. I am sure you will most certainly take that as a personal attack, and if you don't, I suspect there might be something wrong with you.

Quote:
This has nothing to do. It's better for her to live even if alto loves Ranka no ?
You've based all your prior arguments about AxR based on pretty much one episode of the entire series. While Sheryl and Alto had been on a marathon, Ranka and Alto have yet to even begin a stroll in the park!

Quote:
Now that they made Alto finding out about sheryl's illness before choosing the girl... this is pretty obvious Alto and sheryl will not happen.
I think you are not only misunderstanding Sheryl's intention for withholding her illness but you are also completely missing the point.

Sheryl pushed Alto away previously because she had a disease which the best of human technology could not cure. She did not want him to be burdened with her. That was her love for him, her own selfless love for Alto.

When Alto knew about Sheryl's illness, everything clicked for him. He may be dense, but not that dense. Learning of Sheryl's illness allowed Alto to finally realize what Sheryl had actually done, emotionally, for him.

In contrast, what was Ranka's sign of affection? Calling Alto at 3am in the morning to fold airplanes, then suddenly summoned her Vajra and Cyborg bodyguards to threaten Alto's life while confusing the crap out of him at the same time. You call that love? Seriously, if you think that is love, then I begin to wonder about your concept of hate.

Giving us a AxR ending would be the most inconsistent conclusion in Macross, if not anime history. By forcing an AxR ending, the series would have completely destroyed any support (from Klan and Mike) that had been placed upon Alto's understanding of Sheryl and their eventual companionship.

Never mind that you'd destroy the fandom that way.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-05, 08:42   Link #248
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

This is like Digimon all over again for me o.0 Even though it wasn't a romance anime, there were LOTS of hints to Sorato (Sora x Yamato/Matt) but the Taiora fans (Tai x Sora) kept saying there was nothing between them and just because it looks like Sora was more gentle with Tai that she would end up with him. (c'mon... Matt's crest was Friendship and Sora's was love, put 2 and 2 together...)

Then in season 2 came along and who ended up with whom? Yamato and Sora ended up together and to throw salt on the wound, they had 2 kids at the end of Digimon Season 2.

So this is why I am rooting for Sheryl x Alto, beat the cliches man!
Old 2008-09-05, 08:46   Link #249
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'm actually thinking "tragic ending" now, after seeing the episode (seeing, alright, as I can't understand almost any of the words, anyway). You know, kinda like those korean dramas?

Old 2008-09-05, 08:53   Link #250
Key Board
Carbon

next episode preview confirms that Alto makes his "saigou no ketsudan"

final determination

judging by how he looks at the sky makes me think that he really wants to go with Frontier because their path embodies the "true sky"namely, freedom that he was yearning for all along

if this happens I think Sheryl will understand and let him go

Sky End +1

That's it's also possible that he will solidify his result to stay by Sheryl

It's the dreams vs reality angle all over again! Boy, every love triangle has one of these, lately.
Old 2008-09-05, 08:55   Link #251
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

is next episode the "cooking porridge" episode? if so, maybe he will tell Sheryl his decision while cooking?

Ah! I am hungry.
Old 2008-09-05, 08:55   Link #252
AlaAlba

I ve just watched the eps, and it s a perfect 10 from me
but still, I ll wait until the very end of it to see if this really will be a sheryl ending
Old 2008-09-05, 09:00   Link #253
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
next episode preview confirms that Alto makes his "saigou no ketsudan"

final determination

judging by how he looks at the sky makes me think that he really wants to go with Frontier because their path embodies the "true sky"namely, freedom that he was yearning for all along

if this happens I think Sheryl will understand and let him go

Sky End +1

That's it's also possible that he will solidify his result to stay by Sheryl

It's the dreams vs reality angle all over again! Boy, every love triangle has one of these, lately.
I think if that happens and he does go, maybe that is where Sheryl's illness will take a turn for the worse and by the time he gets back..... Sheryl where art thou?
Old 2008-09-05, 09:35   Link #254
arkxkra
全力全開

good episode, i wonder why Klan didnt follow the big team, and few of them leave behind also, I want to know what Alto want to do from now on, he seem like lost.
Old 2008-09-05, 09:47   Link #255
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
It is pretty obvious that AltoxRanka will be a shocker and AltoxSheryl is the predictable path.
Now we have to see if they kill Sheryl or not. There has to be more casualties in this show.
You really can't say x and x is predictable and x and x isn't with 3 episodes to go, it's like saying Buster Douglas is the obvious eventual winner of the fight in round 10 of the Tyson Vs Douglas fight when no one gave him a chance at the start of it. Also a Ranka ending is just throwing down the drain the parallels that Alto and Sheryl share with Alto and his mother and Klan and Michael. Not to mention that this couple has been far more developed (especially in 16-22) in the pretty much the entire show, episodes 12-14 aside.
Old 2008-09-05, 09:48   Link #256
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
but still, I ll wait until the very end of it to see if this really will be a sheryl ending
I'll bet my peanut butter sandwich that there won't be a Sheryl ending. Before the Sheryl-fans launch a coordinated attack on me and my sandwich, I'll say the same thing to the Ranka-fans. Seriously, we lucked out on the pairing issue as soon as Ranka declared Alto-hime is the prettiest "Man" she has ever come across at the beginning of the series.

Old 2008-09-05, 09:50   Link #257
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Seriously, we lucked out on the pairing issue as soon as Ranka declared Alto-hime is the prettiest "Man" she has ever come across at the beginning of the series.

So you shipping for an Alto + Yasu ending or an Alto + Garby ending?
Old 2008-09-05, 09:51   Link #258
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well someone's gotta stay behind to watch things. They can't just all ditch Frontier and leave them to hang and dry.
Old 2008-09-05, 10:00   Link #259
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Spoiler for questions:
Old 2008-09-05, 10:05   Link #260
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
So you shipping for an Alto + Yasu ending or an Alto + Garby ending?
Nope! It's the fifth one: Alto and his mirror.

"mirror mirror on the wall.... " and so on.
Closed Thread