AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-29, 06:44   Link #2021
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.

Reading this might help you understand better. Pure immortality sucks. In Yoruno's case, though, it wasn't that bad, since he had the cutest little necromancer by his side.
oh, I can understand such extreme situations like surviving the earth being burned to a crisp by the sun, or the end of universe itself...
but with earth still fine and going? ... doesn't make much sense to me. isn't it a bit too soon, perhaps?

He said the 'world has lost its colors'. but wait, how much time took him to say that exactly? He gets bored pretty fast, uh?
then again, looked like he was "having some fun" with Ayumu... why throw that away?
Old 2011-03-29, 07:16   Link #2022
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
By the way, is anyone interested in uncensoring the DB/DVD releases? I think it should be legal under fair use... I can do some key frames, encoding, certainly host... and since I played around with HTML5 video, I'm itching to go back to it
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 07:21   Link #2023
Dahak86
Classics never age

whaddya mean? Something akin to that "infamous" Strike Witches ep7?
Old 2011-03-29, 07:27   Link #2024
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Let me elaborate a little... we can take the scenes with that radioactive sunshine and redraw what should have been there, encode it, and make the short videos available on-line, since they are just altered scenes depicting our take on how things should be done, without making a dime (later part to fall under the fair use clause); dunno, just a thought that seems feasible
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 07:31   Link #2025
Dahak86
Classics never age

sounds like a good idea. color me interested.
Old 2011-03-29, 07:33   Link #2026
Eight_wonder
Cirno <3

Jesus, You don't even know when to laugh or get serious.
This show just can't take itself seriously can it?...and that what makes me love the show.
It's gonna end eh?too bad the main plot ended.but we're going to see the other "plot" this show has in store for us.
Old 2011-03-29, 07:54   Link #2027
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja

Other than Yuu speaking of course, my favorite scenes all involved Haruna as usual. The beginning was hilarious! Not to mention, way to use the enemy's magic to go on a trip around the world? Only you Haruna...
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 08:23   Link #2028
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Dual masou shoujo transformation and ninja meido orchestra was win. Loved this episode.
Old 2011-03-29, 09:05   Link #2029
Seihai
スマイリウム

O dat beach! Kyoko...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
That part was just speculation, don't drool too soon
Damn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I think KOTN is pretty lame for the 'big boss'.
That's true. Though then again I didn't treat him as a big boss anyway, more like some guy that was defeated in a Touma-Preach-Punch battle. For that level I found it rather good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Penguin eh? The one that Eu is playing with all the time?
It's supposed to be a cucumber (I think).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
but with earth still fine and going? ... doesn't make much sense to me. isn't it a bit too soon, perhaps?

He said the 'world has lost its colors'. but wait, how much time took him to say that exactly? He gets bored pretty fast, uh?
then again, looked like he was "having some fun" with Ayumu... why throw that away?
Doesn't he come from the underworld? I mean, he apparently killed one of those Abyssal ones or whatever (maybe those shadows in that one frame which probably is less than insignificant at this point?) and his deadpan face really makes him seem like he's lived for quite some time now. Plus consider all the people who would keep dying around him while he outlives everyone ever important to him. All in all the wish to die after having lived through a long enough immortality (that's quite subjective anyway, right?) is fine no matter how you look at it. That's one part where I think Ayumu is being a bit too carefree about although it's really fine right now since he hasn't actually experienced any negative side effects yet (besides the sun).
Old 2011-03-29, 09:18   Link #2030
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Doesn't he come from the underworld? I mean, he apparently killed one of those Abyssal ones or whatever (maybe those shadows in that one frame which probably is less than insignificant at this point?) and his deadpan face really makes him seem like he's lived for quite some time now. Plus consider all the people who would keep dying around him while he outlives everyone ever important to him. All in all the wish to die after having lived through a long enough immortality (that's quite subjective anyway, right?) is fine no matter how you look at it. That's one part where I think Ayumu is being a bit too carefree about although it's really fine right now since he hasn't actually experienced any negative side effects yet (besides the sun).
The "tired of living" argument doesn't work. He isn't sick of being alive; he is just sick of being forced to live with the choices he made in the past.

If death is all he wanted, he wouldn't have asked to be reincarnated. What he wanted was a blank slate; the blessing of starting his life over. Even if that means becoming a flightless bird catching fish in the ocean.

Keep in mind that all of the major characters in this show are all technically capable of living forever. An indefinite lifespan isn't a curse, but a way of life for them. It's just that if you did something you regret, and you couldn't live with yourself afterwards, you are stuck, It's a self-created hell. Immortality is not the bogeyman here.

And of course, what with the afterlife being confirmed to exist, immortality appear to be of rather limited use. Then again, you can have your soul destroyed and suffer true-death. But I don't think anyone likes that.
Old 2011-03-29, 09:35   Link #2031
Sixth
Hu Tao

King of Night, before you die, tell me where you hides Kyoko? Damnit!
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 09:58   Link #2032
eiyuu99

Vampire Ninja Orchestra was quite interesting.

Spoiler:
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 10:09   Link #2033
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Vampire Ninja Orchestra was quite interesting.

Spoiler:
Once again, you are not making sense.

He wants to die because he doesn't HAVE any friends. He made himself alone. If you did something so despicable that you couldn't live with yourself, I say you deserve the suffering of living with that decision.

You need to wrap your head around the fact that to live thousands of years is NORMAL in this show. There is no such thing as generations of friends dying, because no one dies from old age. You die from accidents or being killed, not from anything like cancer or kidney failure.
Old 2011-03-29, 10:46   Link #2034
eiyuu99

"You die from accidents or being killed" is still dying.
You should get that into your head instead.
Old 2011-03-29, 10:59   Link #2035
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
"You die from accidents or being killed" is still dying.
You should get that into your head instead.
I am used to people being hostile in protecting their illusion that it is okay to die. No big deal.

But I do have to remind you of the penguin. If he really wanted to die, he could have asked to have his soul destroyed.
Old 2011-03-29, 11:22   Link #2036
eiyuu99

Then you should tone down your unnecessary aggression.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-29, 11:32   Link #2037
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The "tired of living" argument doesn't work. He isn't sick of being alive; he is just sick of being forced to live with the choices he made in the past.

If death is all he wanted, he wouldn't have asked to be reincarnated. What he wanted was a blank slate; the blessing of starting his life over. Even if that means becoming a flightless bird catching fish in the ocean.

Keep in mind that all of the major characters in this show are all technically capable of living forever. An indefinite lifespan isn't a curse, but a way of life for them. It's just that if you did something you regret, and you couldn't live with yourself afterwards, you are stuck, It's a self-created hell. Immortality is not the bogeyman here.
That's what I also meant except that I didn't spell it out. lol I said it's subjective, that also implies that everyone has their own reasons for dying (at least in this case), be it something you did wrong or something tremendously bad that happened to you in the past.

You got a point, my focus on immortality being the bogeyman for everything isn't too right. Even so, I'm not sure how much significance that penguine line had, honestly. Of course he didn't say it without any reason but the immortality's consequences themselves still add to the passive torment anyway.

So there's this reason you definitely can't live with. If we assume that he also won't be able to live with it even in the distant future then as long as he lives on through the effects of immortality his situation will most likely worsen. Btw. I really think we shouldn't judge his faultiness of reasoning and tell him to live on and keep suffering as some kind of punishment, we don't even know his reasons to begin with. All we know is that he turned mad after he was revived as a zombie and then killed one of the higher-up devils. Which resulted in being told to disappear (which might be just part of the reason).

Oh and if you really mean that he wants to die because he doesn't have any friends, I beg to differ. He does have friends: Yuu considers herself one, so does Kyoko or at least there's gotta be some kind of relationship between them, and the humans he's interacted with are also being nice to him. Well, if you say that regardless of those people he still thinks he's alone and he can't live with himself, that's another thing (which I agree with).
Old 2011-03-29, 12:57   Link #2038
AzureWrath

You guys have a good point about this immortality business. I'm pretty sure that it is touched on again because most of the main cast is very long lived. Plus, there are certain LN spoilers about a certain crazed masou shojou that didn't want to lose all her friends after being locked up for a few centuries.

Animes these days like to have some central theme. Maybe this one's theme is mortality/ immortality?
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 13:24   Link #2039
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
I really like the music in the anime. Does anyone know when the OST for kore wa zombie desu ka will be release?
Old 2011-03-29, 13:30   Link #2040
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
Animes these days like to have some central theme. Maybe this one's theme is mortality/ immortality?
Korezom handles some things pretty randomly so you can never be sure... but that's one possibility. Can't spell immortality without mortality at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
I really like the music in the anime. Does anyone know when the OST for kore wa zombie desu ka will be release?
March 9th, or that's what came up on cdjapan when I googled it. In other words, it's out.
edit: A drama CD was released February 9th. Some radio CD (I guess there was a radio cast or so?) will be released April 13th. There is also a pair of insert songs for Korezom that will come out on April 20th. Don't bite me if the dates were changed due to delays.

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen