AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-02-17, 15:25   Link #55961
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm-here-present View Post
Much better, better than anything I would write since you are much more close when writing Ichika and Chifuyu's interaction.

Despite the tragedy, this scenario is pretty good, but I wonder who will play Ky Kiske? Obviously not Maya.
But I'm bitter about killing Ichika permanently, since you're twisting the story a little bit, maybe we can make Ichika come back somehow.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
meh, I really didn't think that far... lol Besides, I wasn't set on following the Guilty Gear script, more of putting them in the Guilty Gear world. Past a certain point, the Fog of Inspiration hits. 99% of IS cast is female vs the 60 - 70% male cast of Guilty Gear - there is no easy character conversion. From there on, it's 'whatever works, even if its crazy'.

But if I had to, I'd give the position of Ky Kiske to Houki. With all that has happened, Houki for Ky just makes sense. And as for the inheritor of Justice, a successor doesn't have to be a descendent. It could very well be... oh, I dunno... a backup/clone maybe?
Old 2015-02-18, 01:01   Link #55962
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

My laptop decided to screw with me last week and luckily I found a replacement for the Hard Disk at the Repair Shop. They said it will take around 7 days to get the hard disk
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 02:20   Link #55963
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Data recovery I presume? Hope it wasn't too important...
Old 2015-02-18, 04:41   Link #55964
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@hawke
Fastest I.S.? Definitely faster than Ballistic missile (aka >Mach 5.0), possibly escape velocity even (>Mach 27)

It all depends on altitude, I.S. are greatly affected by air resistance.
Old 2015-02-18, 12:27   Link #55965
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ Wouldn't that also be pilot's resistance to cold as well? While it was designed for space operations, does that mean that Absolute Defense keeps an environmentally sound bubble within it?
Old 2015-02-18, 18:48   Link #55966
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

I think that that the shield would contain a bubble of stable air. Then again, if that were true, you could maneuver in whatever stance you wanted to, because you could manipulate the shield to an aerodynamic shape that pointed in the direction of your relative velocity. Also, I don't think anyone is quite that insane to fly around high atmosphere without any system of regulating both the heat of the IS (unless IS are able to radiate collected heat via good 'ol "nanomachines") and of the pilot.

Also, if anyone gets the idea of saying that one of the harem actually ends up past Armstrong's measurement intentionally, then whoever gave them clearance to is certifiably insane.
Old 2015-02-18, 19:31   Link #55967
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Bubble shield is easier to handle due to distributed pressure and burden (angled parts receive bigger strain), it's also perfect for atmospheric reentry.

The hardest part of creating something fast is to make it maneuverable AND has great endurance. For example, a ballistic missile is fast and can reach really far, but can't evade anything. Likewise, a jet fighter is slow, but can maneuver like no one business. Anti air missile is both fast and maneuverable, but has shit for durability and endurance.
Old 2015-02-18, 22:13   Link #55968
demino_hellsin
That one guy

In the vein of persona 4 dancing all night. Can you guys imagine the IS cast dancing? And what style would their dance be?
Old 2015-02-19, 07:16   Link #55969
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
How fast is the fastest IS capable of moving?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if it's as fast as Koro-Sensei from Assassination Classroom (Mach 20).

If not, Faster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@hawke
Fastest I.S.? Definitely faster than Ballistic missile (aka >Mach 5.0), possibly escape velocity even (>Mach 27)

It all depends on altitude, I.S. are greatly affected by air resistance.
Why am I not surprised?....
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 09:58   Link #55970
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

speaking of IS magic, it kinda bums me a little that an IS has anti-grav features which is supposedly passive yet they are still affected by gravity itself. Case in point: Falling.
Old 2015-02-19, 17:37   Link #55971
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Darkjak
As long as they have energy, they can always accelerate ad infinitum until they reach maximum Delta-v in space.

All spacecraft do this, except they don't have unlimited supply of regenerating fuel like I.S. do. So they save half the fuel for braking.

The advantage of Infinite Stratos over traditional vehicle is, again, as much as about it's bullshit performance as the lack of logistic trail.

@ Stratos
I.S. just like any delicate machines does have limitation, namely they have to use PIC to maximum to protect pilot instead of avoiding impact.

It's really a matter of priority.
Old 2015-02-19, 23:32   Link #55972
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Indeed.

You have two choices: possible death (barring "nanomachines" or deus ex Byakushiki) or more power usage.

You would think they would go with more power usage...
Old 2015-02-19, 23:35   Link #55973
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
In the vein of persona 4 dancing all night. Can you guys imagine the IS cast dancing? And what style would their dance be?
Houki - Traditional Japanese, with the swords turning into gigantic holographic fans. With the Fold-Out Armor, it can allow for Skinning (in the Meisterverse ). Song? Akai Akai of course.

(hides copypasta from Idol Houki production notes)

Moving right along...

Laura - I actually don't see much dancing her, but strong vocals, Gregorian chants, and the Schwarzehase being front and back members. Kind of like this. Song I would have to say is [Mein Feeling ~Watashi no Kimochi ver Schwarz~]. Please forgive their producer, this is a leaked preproduction version of the single release, which had a much more of the Gregorian signature feel.

(wait a minute, this is also from the notes!!)

Although, if Laura loads the protocols from Celeste's databanks, then she and a few others can do some serious Trance. But hey, I really didn't think the German engineers built the Valkyrie System to be used for this purpose!
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 00:09   Link #55974
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I forgot that someone had to get the Kurumi lockseed. It'll probably be with Autumn.

Details on Tatenashi's custom rider gear.

- The gear is in all metallic gray, almost silver in luster. This is the same color as the sunfower lockseeds. Unlike other riders who gains arms with a very ornate exterior armor, Tatenashi's is very simplified into a vest like breastplate with pauldrons and bracers that trace her arms. This is to show the limited powers of the sunflower lockseed.

- Unlike other rider gear, Tatenashi's driver and weapons have very little to no automated features. This includes her driver belt not having a self-strapping, nor do her weapons materialize as included with the Arms provided by other lockseeds as per the limitations of the sunflower lockseed. Instead, Tatenashi has to carry her own personal arms that she developed to take advantage of the dormant energy in the sunflower lockseeds.

- Tatenashi's first personal weapon is Pleasant Air also known as the Sealed Demon. It's a sword that's locked in a large scabbard like container that has its own handle. The sword itself is not dangerous but instead the scabbard is the key component. The scabbard has eight lockseed slots on each side making up a total of sixteen. The sword itself has a lockseed slot on its right blade guard bringing up the weapon's total slots to seventeen. The scabbard itself offers a gun mode firing at various rates and output depending on the position of the selector handle: cannon(consumes four lockseeds per shot), rifle(one lockseed per shot, scatter(one lockseed per shot), repeater(no cost), rapid(no cost). Only repeater and rapid fire modes are not powerful enough to destroy evolved inves nor take down other riders in one shot. The source of the name this weapon comes from when the sword inside the scabbard is drawn. All sixteen lockseeds are opened before the blade can be pulled out, as if to unseal it. In fact, the purpose of the opening lockseeds is to feed their power into the sword in the scabbard. The way the scabbard is sealed tightly is also not for the sake of being unable to draw the sword normally but to seal in the power being forced into the sword. When drawn, the sword gives off a silvery blue glow and a lockseed can be placed on the handguard slot to release a fruits charge attack. An Iai finisher can also be activated by depleting all sixteen lockseeds when activating a fruits charge while the sword is still in the scabbard. Due to the nature of the weapon being man made, it can be used even outside of rider form, but the strain from doing so makes use in human form ill-advised.

- Tatenashi's custom driver sports multipled lockseed slots. In fact, one can say that the whole belt itself is made of lockseed slots. It is a design chosen to lessen the burden on each sunflower lockseed because previous designs which used fewer numbers resulted in a limited transformation time. This time the buckle which contains the master lock is supported by the slave drivers that make up the belt. When transforming, all the locks open and cause many cracks to Helheim to appear to deliver the many pieces of Tatenashi's inner ride wear before the Sunflower arms descends to be worn by her. The side effect of such a transformation though is that it allows a massive amount of Helheim spores to enter the combat zone and immediately grow many Helheim fruit plants.

- With the advent of energy riders, Tatenashi would soon discover that her base rider form is too weak to keep up despite being stronger than the average rider so she tunes up her custom driver. It would gain access to something called an Eve Mode. When accessing Eve Mode, wires extend from the bottom of the master driver and the slave drivers in Tatenashi's belt. These wires would attract Helheim fruits which transform into sunflower lockseeds and place themselves along the length of each wire before opening, forming a sort of skirt. This causes Tatenashi's armor to grow more angular and ornate in design, notable is a pointed crown design growing on her helm.

- the boost in power is also enough for the gear to create its own arms, a ceremonial bow weapon taller than Tatenashi. She affectionately names it the Hypersonic Arrow as a sort of mocking homage to the Sonic Arrow weapons used by energy riders. This bow also uses a draw pump to fire its energy arrows and features a blade along the bow length up to the tips making it well-suited for meelee combat as well as ranged combat. However, due to its bulk. The Hypersonic Arrow cannot be used as an effective in fighting weapon nor as a ranged weapon in motion. Its power more than makes up for this though as it can slot in up to four lockseeds with two slots on either side of the bow adjacent to the grip areas away from the arrow shooting mechanism. Despite using less lockseeds, it is only slightly less powerful than Pleasant Air with both at maximum power but grants better ease of use.

- Eve Mode would eventually begin causing Tatenashi to physically degrade as the energy from all those lockseeds begins to smother her own life force during transformation. This becomes detrimental to her when she first encounters M in Overlord Inves state, a higher evolution than M's normal evolved Inves state. Tatenashi would be beaten in a moment of weakness caused by the degradation and left for dead by M much like the Inves herself was. Left as a broken mess, Tatenashi came to a realization that it wasn't her stumble but just the gap in the powers between Eve mode and the Overlord state that ended in her defeat. An unbridgeable gap that could not be blamed on fate or chance. So she wished for power. For the first time in her life, Tatenashi had wanted to be stronger desperately. She had never felt such humiliation as with any other rare defeat than this. As she gave tortured screams of frustration, Helheim seemed to scream with her. The plants grown from her transformation began to resonate with her rider form and grew Helheim fruit once again. This time they turned into other fruit lockseeds before merging into Tatenashi. Her screams of frustrations became screams of pure pain and what emerged after was her original armored form themed in iridiscent colors mainly red, green and blue. This would be the completed Eve Mode or Complete Eve

- After obtaining Complete Eve, Tatenashi would begin to show signs of mental degradation. Becoming more reckless, psychotic episodes, quirks becoming more neurotic issues. Though she notices this herself, she can't control it as it surfaces like a split personality but with her in full control and knowing of her actions. She also displays the power to telepathically control Inves, Helheim plants and even lockseeds at will now, showing that she has evolved into an overlord. But even then, she has no overlord form.

- Complete Eve is on a completely different level than Eve Mode. Now instead of using an innumerable number of Sunflower lockseeds, it uses an innumerable number of any kind of lockseed barring energy lockseeds. She can use any of these lockseeds in any number for a fruits charge on her upgraded Hypersonic Arrow, now with more ornaments and lock slots almost double that of Pleasant Air.

- Tatenashi would become the first ever truly human overlord as she was blessed by Helheim itself. Unlike Ichika who holds the golden fruit, Houki who becomes an overlord from having a fragment of the golden fruit, Tabane who created something to exceed the golden fruit, or M who conquered the Trial of Helheim by eating a Helheim frut and retaining her sanity; Tatenashi becomes imbibed with the power and will of Helheim itself. This would be the cause of her mental degradation as the will of Helheim makes her seek conflict and evolution.
Old 2015-02-20, 01:07   Link #55975
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

....man I really have to get off my butt to watch the rest of Gaim. I think I have like 30 episodes to catch up on and boy has there been CONTENT!!
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 04:42   Link #55976
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Not only am I having more bad fanfic ideas because of things I read online, I think one of my fanfic characters is rolling in her grave...
http://kotaku.com/ninja-day-is-an-ac...pan-1686488299
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 05:00   Link #55977
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The new Ninja Sentai is also starting on that day. It follows the Naruto principle of Ninjas that don't hide and openly assault their targets instead. Your ninja OC is likely having a heart attack despite the fact it's no longer beating.
Old 2015-02-20, 23:25   Link #55978
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Also, I think I should have clarified my earlier question. How fast/how short is the fastest ACCELERATION of an IS? Because I guess all of them can reach suborbital speeds. But juts like an airplane or rocket it needs to have a start-up or take-off distance before hittign that.

And that opens up a lot of trouble as well. A few IS like Byakushiki can accelerate really quickly to close in but can't really sustain that speed. Or else they can manage a high speed but need quite a bit of distance (from a standing start). There isn't an Is that can go 0 to 785mph in .00035/second from the ground AND keep up that speed or build it in a very short span of time and distance?

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-02-21 at 00:37.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 03:48   Link #55979
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not that I know of :|

Hmm looking through Drive, I think something interesting can be made of it when Xing with IS.

Ichika(Driviaverse): During the events of the Roidmude Revolt or Global Freeze, he lost his direction in life and goes through the motions of everyday as a second year highschool student. He is looking for his place in life until classmates of his start to disappear one by one. At that time, he felt his gears begin to turn. He would eventually be Kamen Rider Drive.

Dan(Driviaverse): Ichika's best friend and usually the one pushing Ichika into doing things especially since the Global Freeze. He looks out for his buddy and joins Ichika in investigating the disappearances of their classmates along with some other friends. He eventually urges them to formally tur the group into a school club, the Junior Criminal Investigations Club. He eventually becomes Kamen Rider Mach.

Rin(Driviaverse): Ichika's classmate and the third member of the investigation Club. She's been friends with Ichika and Dan every since they helped her out of being bullied for being a foreigner. One can't really call her the muscle of the group but in any combat situation they encounter, she's always the first to take charge.

Ran(Driviaverse): Dan's little sister and the only first year in the Junior Criminal Investigation Club. She likes Ichika and hangs around her brother whom she is annoyed with. She doesn't have any interest in the incidents or the club at all but she is always depended upon as the brains of the whole operation.

Maya(Driviaverse): Former police trainee, current teacher fresh recruit and Ichika's homeroom teacher. She's the Junior Criminal Investigation Club's adviser. She is surprisingly athletic for someone of her figure and despite her slender but curvy figure, she is good enough that not once has she ever been lain to the mat by her students when she teaches them self-defense.

Tabane(Driviaverse): The reason why global freeze occurred. When Japan learned that other countries were beginning to develop the next stage of their military like America with exo-suits, Germany with supersoldiers and Britain with its optical weapons, Japan decided it needed a next generation weapon as well. The top researches being done at the time were the IS, Roidmude and Core Drivia research. IS research was initially given top priority but the heads of the roidmude and Core Drivia Research decided to merge and so the military saw more profit from having automated army with unlimited operational time rather than weaponizing a next generation space suit. Tabane was forced to join the roidmude joint research as the software development head. There, she improved the AI learning capabilities of the Roidmudes to the point they could self override the 3 basic robot laws and leaked to them the purpose of being manufactured as weapons in wars.

Chifuyu(Driviaverse): Formerly a test pilot of the Infinite Stratos and Tabane's classmate. She was later reassigned to the Joint Roidmude project where she was to test their capabilities as combatants and companions. She was to interact with the test model roidmude codenamed Proto-zero. During the Global Freeze, she would assist in combating the Roidmude Revolt but be injured saving her little brother who was kidnapped by the roidmudes. She currently lies in a hospital bed in a comatose state, frequently being visited by her little brother who felt responsible for her state after watching her be injured in front of him.

Krim Steinbelt(Driviaverse): It's his research that catalyzed the events that would change the course of history. It is because of the energy source that Krim discovered that IS research was tossed aside and it powered the roidmudes who were destined to revolt. Knowing that there was a chance of automated weapons going haywire, Krim devised a system to assist humans in battling roidmudes in secret. This would be the Drive System. Krim knew that as the core of th research, his life was always in peril so he created a system to back-up his memories into the Drive System itself. He now lives as a sentient belt, advising Ichika and the Investigation club on roidmudes and managing the garage of shiftcars and Tridoron.

Houki(Drivia): Taken into custody by the government after her sister was suspected of assisting in the Roidmude Revolt. She was taken away from her childhood friend and first love. During the course of her childhood, she was forced to move multiple times, not allowing her to make any new friends even if she wanted to. This caused her to grow up into an ill-tempered and unstable young lady. With the government's intervention and her athletic abilities earning scholarship, Houki now attends a private all-girls school for privileged young ladies.

Cecilia(Driviaverse): Resident queen bee of the private school Houki attends and is the heiress to a large British estate. Proud in nature and scathing in her words, she is a force to be reckoned with in battles of social engagement. She and Houki are generally at odds but it is only with Cecilia's intervention behind the scenes that Houki is not bullied. Cecilia hates men and admires women like Houki who don't backdown from everyone. Though that bull-headedness causes them to clash, Cecilia has a one-sided admiration for Houki as well. She would be kidnapped along with Houki by a roidmude an saved by the Junior Criminal Investigations Club.

Charlotte(Driviaverse): Also attending the same private school for young ladies as Houki. She is not actually rich but is the illegitimate child of a French Company head. She was sent in as a corporate spy due to the nature of the school as a popular center of education for well off corporate heiresses. Charlotte herself is not so much skilled in talks of business but more focused on skills of espionage and infiltration with only the necessary points of economics in knowledge for understanding the stolen information's relevance. She is able to avoid detection by the roidmudes and tails them when the roidmudes kidnap Houki and Cecilia.

Laura(Driviaverse): A product of the supersoldier program and sent over to Japan. On the surface, it is for the purpose of helping combat the roidmude threat that remains after the successful repulsion of the Roidmude Revolt, underneath it is a show of force by Germany to show that their supersoldier program is superior to the roidmude program initiated by Japan. Laura and her elite SchwarzerHase would be caught unawares by a roidmude and then saved by the Junior Criminal Investigations Club.

Tatenashi(Driviaverse): Head of Japan's Undercover Agencies. She spearheads Japan's immediate countermeasure against the roidmudes, operating in the shadows. She becomes aware of the Junior Criminal Investigations Club and takes an interest in them more so than the meddling Kamen Rider everyone has their focus on.

Kanzashi(Driviaverse): Second in command of Japans Undercover Agencies and right hand to Tatenashi. She is unhappy with her position but keeps to her station because of her rigid belief in her purpose. She is also the younger sister of the Agency Head. Though her elder sister is the commander. Command is usually relegated to her.

Squall(Driviaverse): One of the first model Roidmudes that evolved and took a human guise. Squall is a powerful roidmude capable of entering a state of overclock known as the Dead Zone. It is this power that was awoken and used to defeat the first Kamen Rider Drive, Proto-Drive. Squall is a calm and whimsical roidmude taking the form of a woman. She likes to live in decadence but relishes any challenge to take away her easy life then crush it.

Autumn(Driviaverse): A roidmude that is oddly attatched to Squall. She is sadistic and protective of Squall. A powerful roidmude in her own right despite not being able to enter the dead zone. She is still Squall's second in command making her formidable in more ways than initially thought.

M(Driviaverse): A roidmude in the service of Squall. She is the guard dog of the roidmudes. The one tasked with resetting them if they stray too far into agitating the humans before roidmudes are prepared to rise up again. She transforms into Mashin Chaser in order to perform her executions. She oddly resembles Chifuyu during her younger days as a test pilot.

Proto-Drive(Driviaverse): The first Drive, thought to have been killed/destroyed during the Global Freeze incident by Squall. He turns up alive and well, saving Drive in a battle against multiple evolved roidmude. When forced to detransform, he shockingly resembles Ichika as a child.

Spoiler for proto-zero:

Hopefully I'm not missing anyone else important.
Old 2015-02-21, 05:05   Link #55980
The 48th Ronin

^ Wow, that's a nice idea.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest