AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 12 26.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 32.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 36.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-09, 16:31   Link #21
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Totally didn't expect that newspaper guy's real identity.

Why Nui removed that band from her neck?

And if Nui is scared of Satsuki, does that mean she's stronger? Or Nui just faking it? She doesn't even have a Kamui and can beat almost everyone.
Old 2014-01-09, 16:48   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was suspicious of the new guy from the beginning, but I never would have expected him to be Nui in disguise. She got me good. Ryuko was soundly defeated because self-doubt still lingered in her mind. I'm not too worried about Senkentsu but I'm very curious to find how he's going to come back from this.

The Satsuki and Ragyo scenes were very intriguing. REVOCS is using Satsuki to draw out Nudist Beach, but it looks like Satsuki has her own plans in mind (involving Ryuko). She's not the kind of girl who would willingly be a puppet. However, I'm not sure she'll be able to outsmart her mother. She seems like a very tough opponent. She's complete final boss material.
Old 2014-01-09, 17:05   Link #23
Breimoon

she is tryng to have Ryuko lvl up . Next episode we will have fight for taking Senketsu remains and bring it to life again.will she have to fight the elite four in an incomplete kamui?
Old 2014-01-09, 17:51   Link #24
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Totally didn't expect that newspaper guy's real identity.

And if Nui is scared of Satsuki, does that mean she's stronger? Or Nui just faking it? She doesn't even have a Kamui and can beat almost everyone.
She is using raw Life Fiber, so in a way she does have a Kamui.
Old 2014-01-09, 18:17   Link #25
Dop
Mmmm....

Wow! Well that just turned the show around and in a good way.
Guess that red scrap Ryuko is holding is going to be a key piece.

Awesome!
Old 2014-01-09, 19:00   Link #26
MCAL

Kill la Kill... Bringing in a twist an episode.
Old 2014-01-09, 19:11   Link #27
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Maybe it was a voice changer.

Anyway, imagine if one of those scraps of Senketsu fell into Mako's hands? I mean, she's there...

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2014-01-09, 20:02   Link #28
ChampDream
Alive

that was twist, new guy was Nui in diguise and now Ryuko lose Senketsu and have to get it back, and it look like Mako is having that field trip she always want it.
Old 2014-01-09, 20:03   Link #29
GreatTeacherKen

This episode definitely came as a surprise to me. I thought it was going to be more of a breather after all the action from the previous one and for the first 2/3rds of the episode it did seem like a semi-breather.

Spoiler for episode 13:
Old 2014-01-09, 20:57   Link #30
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
So it appears the domination plot is a way of getting REVOCS to drag Nudist Beach agents out into the open by forcing REVOCS uniforms onto all of the schools in the country. At least that's from what I understand. There's another couple of things that I'm curious about too that's not very obvious though; like what the "clothing is sin" statements mean, what COVERS is, and just what Satsuki's "plan" really is.
She's referencing the story of Adam and Eve from the garden of Eden from Christian and Jewish teachings. As she mentions after the original sin when Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit they become shameful of their nudity and clothed themselves with the things around them. So she equates clothing to sin since that's why humans started to wear them, biblically speaking.
Old 2014-01-09, 21:00   Link #31
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Welp, I was ever wrong about this going in a direction like TTGL.....'cause it just did.

As for Satsuki, I'd classify her more as a grey character..or maybe an anti-hero.
Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-09, 21:07   Link #32
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Looks like they went with the power reset twist in this episode which i didn't really expect eventhough it's a commonality with shounen stories. Mostly an exposition episode which isn't surprising after the action/budget dump in the last few episodes.

Just a few speculaion from what was shown this episode
- the Nudist Beach HQ is located in the kansai region
- Ragyou have an interest in using Nui to provoke Satsuki (probably with Kamui on as well)
- more Frenemies vibe from Satsuki ( Ryuko & Satsuki vs MILF last boss)
Old 2014-01-09, 21:52   Link #33
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

So in my opinion... that was an excellent episode...

For some reason, I have this feeling that the clothing is 1. symbolic of knowledge/power and therefore will be used by Satsuki's mother to try to mind control most of the world... I just feel like that's true... and 2. something much much deeper than it first seems. Poor Ryuko/Senketsu...
Old 2014-01-09, 22:01   Link #34
HandofFate

damn, things are escalating.
Liked Mako's pouting about being left behind, then joining in later in the episode anyway.

Didn't expect Nui to be behind anything, and also didn't expect a power level reset, and now she has to go thru all japan gathering back up her kamui.

I like how they handled Ryuko's regret at losing control, and the reconfirmation of the trust between the two right before the kamui got shredded.
Old 2014-01-09, 22:01   Link #35
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

After that whole "clothing is sin" thing, I realized that meant that the Abrahamic God is naked…that means heaven is spending eternity with some buff naked dude with a beard...

Moving on to something more relevant…In the words of M. Night Shyamalan, what a twist! I'm not referring to the newspaper dude being Nui…that was obvious. I'm talking about Senketsu's "death". I wonder how she'll recover from this…

Really, though. I can't get enough of Nui Harime. Yukarin's Voice Acting as her is quite fun.

Also…the Nudist Beach Cell Phone…where can I get one?
Old 2014-01-09, 22:06   Link #36
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
After that whole "clothing is sin" thing, I realized that meant that the Abrahamic God is naked…that means heaven is spending eternity with some buff naked dude with a beard...

Moving on to something more relevant…In the words of M. Night Shyamalan, what a twist! I'm not referring to the newspaper dude being Nui…that was obvious. I'm talking about Senketsu's "death". I wonder how she'll recover from this…

Really, though. I can't get enough of Nui Harime. Yukarin's Voice Acting as her is quite fun.

Also…the Nudist Beach Cell Phone…where can I get one?
Well the Abrahamic God doesn't have a body so he can't really be naked in that sense because he's a spirit, but funny visual anyway.
Old 2014-01-09, 22:24   Link #37
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ehhh, so how did God create humans based off of His own likeness when He doesn't have a body...? That part should be in virtually every Bible, I don't care what sort of translation or version they use. I know some don't care about it but honestly, that's in there. Extra knowledge. And to add a bit more to it, some Christian circles believe that Adam and Eve had garments of light covering them as well before they ate the fruit. Since they broke the contract, the light garment was revoked and 'omg - I'm naked' happened.

As for the actual episode and story, I don't know if Satsuki is effectively grooming her or not - it just seems that she finds the idea of someone capable of opposing her near to her own level to be somewhat 'refreshing'. So far, everything has been handed to her pretty much and/or been too easy to obtain. To add to her awesomeness, she seeks to use her rival to further her own ends, thus proving that she's indeed the best. Faced with that, Matoi will be 'awed' into working alongside her as more of a trusted rival than any of her Top Four. Someone like Satsuki wants another who can oppose her of her own volition and willpower and actually make headway.
Old 2014-01-09, 23:44   Link #38
Esclair

The only reason why I suspected newspaper guy might be Nui was because he only showed one eye. You know those kind of characters are always hiding something back there.
Old 2014-01-09, 23:51   Link #39
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
She's referencing the story of Adam and Eve from the garden of Eden from Christian and Jewish teachings. As she mentions after the original sin when Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit they become shameful of their nudity and clothed themselves with the things around them. So she equates clothing to sin since that's why humans started to wear them, biblically speaking.
I know about Adam, Eve and the Fruit of Knowledge. What I'm curious about is why clothing is considered "sinful" by Ragyo. If you ask me, most people would probably say nudity is the more sinful thing.
Old 2014-01-10, 00:13   Link #40
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Ehhh, so how did God create humans based off of His own likeness when He doesn't have a body...? That part should be in virtually every Bible, I don't care what sort of translation or version they use. I know some don't care about it but honestly, that's in there. Extra knowledge. And to add a bit more to it, some Christian circles believe that Adam and Eve had garments of light covering them as well before they ate the fruit. Since they broke the contract, the light garment was revoked and 'omg - I'm naked' happened.
Not to go to off topic but it's speaking metaphorically. It's referring to God's qualities and not his appearance. The fact that humans have and can display the various qualities of God. In the bible there are two different types of bodies, physical and spiritual (1 Corinthians 15:44). God is a spirit and has a spirit body (John 4:24). If physical and spiritual bodies were the same there would be no need to make a differentiation between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I know about Adam, Eve and the Fruit of Knowledge. What I'm curious about is why clothing is considered "sinful" by Ragyo. If you ask me, most people would probably say nudity is the more sinful thing.
It's probably suggesting that clothes are the visual representation of that sin that took place.
Closed Thread