AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-30, 16:49   Link #1061
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Kyonko is gaining ground because she's made to be the centerpiece of Seitenkan.

As for the other thing... It's pointless for this to keep going, as neither of us is really willing to back down(there's a strong possibility that there was a misunderstanding or two somewhere along the lines, as well), so I'm just dropping it. You win, Vallen, I'm wrong.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2008-05-30, 21:01   Link #1062
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I'm going to throw my oar into this debate only to give my idea of "Sighs:"

All or part of it should be animated, if only a part then the two most important parts of it should be included:
  1. Where the cat came from, why and how it talked, and how it became a part of Kyon's household.
  2. The crucial character interactions of Kyon and Haruhi: what led up to and why Kyon came this close to doing something completely out of character (and how Itsuki saved the world as we know it).
Old 2008-05-31, 06:22   Link #1063
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It depends. Who is or will be the favorite heronine of the series? The Haruhi-Yuki debate is large and widespread. Poor Mikuru generally gets left behind in the debate. Plus Haruhi won't be gone the entire time. I'd say just maybe two episodes. More if they make it longer than five episodes for the story.

(Though Kyonko is gaining ground even without being a canon character.)
Damn forgot that Yuki plays a very big role in the disappearance story. Which really does question about who is the true heroine of the series? Mikuru is already lagging behind as we all know it but lets hope for something that will make her compete with Yuki and Haruhi.
hmm judging by how things are going it seems that Haruhi is always recking things up but Yuki tends to patch things up afterwards...which really puts her in the true Heroine title of the series but Haruhi is the center of all things...so I guess it really is hard to tell.
All this thinking is starting to make me impatient and wanting more details on how they are going to do this second season...I haven't really given much thought about the second season until now and when I found out more about the Seitenkan.
Old 2008-05-31, 06:59   Link #1064
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... Mikuru gets significantly more "screentime" in Volume 7 than either Yuki or Haruhi...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2008-05-31, 07:15   Link #1065
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... Mikuru gets significantly more "screentime" in Volume 7 than either Yuki or Haruhi...
And for Itsuki, he got the "Snow Mountain" arc. Sure, it's just a short story, but that's the best he can get without revealing too much of his secret background. The entire story practically revolves around him talking to Kyon, with the other characters pushed to the background.
Old 2008-05-31, 07:19   Link #1066
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And for Itsuki, he got the "Snow Mountain" arc. Sure, it's just a short story, but that's the best he can get without revealing too much of his secret background. The entire story practically revolves around him talking to Kyon, with the other characters pushed to the background.
Thats pretty interesting to hear, its like each character in the SOS brigade is fighting for the title of the main hero/heroine of the series. Although its already a given that Kyon is the main hero of this series, the girls seem to be taking equal amount of hits from each of their stories in the novels.
Old 2008-05-31, 07:23   Link #1067
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Well, the only reason I had brought it up was because of the Yuki vs Haruhi thing and how Mikuru is always left out. I was merely stating that Tanigawa has at least tried to give her a chance to keep up. If we're really including Itsuki, his little "story arc" actually continues all the way to Editor in Chief ★ Straight Ahead!, provided you ignore the fact that Melancholy of Mikuru is pretty much entirely Mikuru and Kyon.
Old 2008-05-31, 17:05   Link #1068
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That is so a mis-statement. They could very well be doing tweening for other shows while they have their own show in production, while other companies are doing the tweening for their shows. It's just the way scheduling and contracts work. It definitely doesn't prove anything regarding what is or isn't happening this summer.
*snip*
All in all, it's like anything for more negativity.
*snip*
Big companies could do, and actually do. However smaller companies can't take outsourced jobs while they have their own show in production, because they don't have available workers. Very KyoAni is an instance; they haven't been outsourced since they came to focus their own shows. Always all hands on deck.

For the rest, you have a point there since I have a strong belief that season 2 never comes out this summer.
Old 2008-06-04, 16:05   Link #1069
typhonsentra

Aaand less than a week to go for the big news!
Old 2008-06-06, 03:41   Link #1070
mugener

so the uniform change...

Old 2008-06-06, 03:45   Link #1071
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener View Post

so the uniform change...

YES IT'S FINALLY OUT!

Man, seeing that uniform is like, a dream come true.

Now for actual content, plz.
Old 2008-06-06, 03:48   Link #1072
mugener

just saw that pic in accident, so you may need to wait someone else
Old 2008-06-06, 03:49   Link #1073
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener View Post
just saw that pic in accident, so you may need to wait someone else
That's fine.

As long as I get a release date, I'm happy. I don't even care when it is.
Old 2008-06-06, 05:08   Link #1074
Kokoro-chan

LQ camera pics from /a/:
Image 1
Image 2
Old 2008-06-06, 05:10   Link #1075
Vespa

More NewType pics including cover
Old 2008-06-06, 08:24   Link #1076
max2k

I hope is not only promotion for the game, with some small 2nd Season Infos for a better effect.... My wish: "Is Promotion for both, with a Air Date for the Series."

I can not stand it any longer. If this report has no important infos on the workprogres of the SHnY2nd, it will be the best for me if i forget this Series for 2 kurs, and dont try to find any infos of a Air Date.
Old 2008-06-06, 10:19   Link #1077
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

No release date? Not even a hint to S2?
Old 2008-06-06, 10:39   Link #1078
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Long hair haruhi a massive turn on...

Looks like we wont be getting haruhi for a while since Kurogane posted in his blog that they are replanning haruhi S2.
Old 2008-06-06, 11:34   Link #1079
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Congratulations, KyoAni. You're officially the worst studio ever.

Not content enough for a second season, eh? Rather remake the first?

Goodbye, KyoAni. I've had enough of your bullshit. I quit.

Ooookay, that was unfair. Still, KyoAni really should stop teasing us like that.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2008-06-06 at 12:28.
Old 2008-06-06, 12:15   Link #1080
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Congratulations, KyoAni. You're officially the worst studio ever.

Not content enough for a second season, eh? Rather remake the first?

Goodbye, KyoAni. I've had enough of your bullshit. I quit.
Ever heard of Viral Marketing?

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen