AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-26, 19:47   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't know what made me laugh the most. The Tanigaki faces posted above, Koito being super petty, Sugimoto's reaction to the circus guy's nipples, or the ending.
Old 2020-10-26, 20:58   Link #42
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Otonoshin really have a lot of talent for the circus if it dosnt work out with Tokushirou he all ways got a fallback career

Genjirou really did a good job as a dancing girl
Old 2020-10-26, 21:33   Link #43
Wandering Soul

There were so many hilarious moments here that's it hard to pick one in particular that stood out as the funniest. The ending was probably the one that got me the most (though I should have expected it considering this series).
Old 2020-10-27, 02:44   Link #44
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder what's going to happen to the girl they left behind. Will she be alright?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-27, 09:32   Link #45
WingedAccelerator

They covered 4.5 chapters this time around, so some jokes got cut out, but nothing major. It was still an absolute riot, and they have even kept THICC Tanigaki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Any ideas why Kiroranke is headed toward that prison? More tattoos? Something else?
Tsukishima was spot on. It's an old comrade, who appears in the OP next to Kiroranke before he throws the explosive.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-02, 18:04   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've been waiting for an episode focused on Asirpa's group, and it did not disappoint one bit, quite the opposite. They may not be as funny as Sugimoto's group (Shiraishi being the only bokke among them), but they're just as interesting. This episode brought more nuance to Kiroranke's character. He can be cunning and ruthless, but he does have a heart. I was surprised to see him jump in to save the son, and even more surprised to see him walk toward almost certain death to save the old man he wasn't even sure was alive.

I love sniper battles, so seeing Ogata getting into one of those with another skilled sniper is a treat.

This episode also featured some long awaited brain eating.
Old 2020-11-02, 21:33   Link #47
Wandering Soul

You don't get to see too many sniper battles these days so I'm thoroughly enjoying Ogata's face off against those Russians.

Kiroranke is turning out to be one interesting character. Despite his earlier betrayal of Sugimoto and the group they were with, he still tried to save the son here and even went back for the old man.
Old 2020-11-02, 22:09   Link #48
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Ogata really is a quick shot taking out all those reindeer before they all bolted

About time for more brain eating
Old 2020-11-02, 22:42   Link #49
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Poor Shiraishi...

Asirpa gets to make him a butt monkey.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 08:35   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Poor Shiraishi...

Asirpa gets to make him a butt monkey.
When has Shiraishi not been a butt monkey?
Old 2020-11-03, 12:30   Link #51
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Ogata really is a quick shot taking out all those reindeer before they all bolted
I found that scene a bit surprising. I thought they were supposed to replace the initial reindeer that Ogata shot with a new live one. Instead the reindeer herders get a bunch of food for the larder. It makes sense given Ogata's personality that he'd just keep shooting, but I thought someone would stop him before he killed them all.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 14:45   Link #52
AntonKutovoi

I have to say, I'm pretty damn impressed by Umehara Yuichiro's Russian in this episode.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 17:57   Link #53
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Damn that skirmish in the second half was intense. I particularly loved the moment when Ogata muses how easily the Russian sniper can ignore the screams of agony from his own comrades. Cold as heck.

Was also quite surprising to find Kiroranke have such a deep history in Russia. I can only assume his link to Wilk means Wilk was similarly involved in Russian revolutionarism.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-05, 13:08   Link #54
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Ah, I missed this show so much. Every episode has been pure gold. I think Guardian Enzo mentioned something like this before, but it's great when every character feels like their own character. This show just has layers upon layers.
Old 2020-11-05, 18:10   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, my take is that every character in GK acts like the protagonist of their own series and that makes the cast incredibly vibrant.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-09, 18:05   Link #56
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Figured it was really Ogata under the sheet. He'd never leave his rifle behind. He got that russian guy good, although I'm not sure he really killed him since it seemed like the bullet passed through his mouth.

My memory is hazy but I'm pretty sure we already got an episode about Ogata's past (ending with his father's death), but the reminder made me wonder if he's going to try to corrupt Asirpa like with his brother. Asirpa has also never killed anyone before, and it's a big part of her character.

Glad Shiraishi remembered Sugimoto's words and stayed with Asirpa. Leaving her with those two psychopaths would have been criminal.
Old 2020-11-09, 18:25   Link #57
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The assassins of Tsar Alexander are well-known, were tried, and executed, so that part of the story falls into the same category as the remarkable durability of Hijikata Toshizou.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assass...r_II_of_Russia

I agree with Enzo that many of the characters could be protagonists in their own stories, Kiroranke and Wilk, for instance, when they plotted the assassination. I will say that Kiroranke did not look fifteen in the St. Petersburg sequence.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-09, 19:30   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Speaking of Hijikata, what is he up to? He didn't even show up once this season.
Old 2020-11-09, 22:11   Link #59
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Ogata is one hell of a sniper really knowing all the tricks but just really cold hearted
Old 2020-11-09, 22:57   Link #60
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

My memory is hazy but I'm pretty sure we already got an episode about Ogata's past (ending with his father's death), but the reminder made me wonder if he's going to try to corrupt Asirpa like with his brother. Asirpa has also never killed anyone before, and it's a big part of her character.
Yeah, we got an episode about Ogata's past before. This episode mostly expanded on his relationship with his brother and how he eventually killed him. Asirpa actually does seem to bring out a lighter to Ogata, so I can see him trying to affect her in his own way.

Tags
action, historical