AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-14, 04:52   Link #12901
Eratas123

@ Box - Who would trust a 14 year old to build super machines?

@ Demi and Senpai -

1. Despite the fact that losing that unit means France's standing is crippled? It may be a crappy unit gen wise, but it's France's top unit for now so if they lose it bad things happen.

2. Alright then, next question: How and why is Tatenashi the leader of a secret org? Did her parents die and just leave her in charge? Just say fanon answers if you want, it's not like these questions will ever be answered in canon.

3. I'm asking where Chifuyu got the skill to be good enough to take down 2000+ missiles, tanks, jets, and submarines without hurting anyone at the age of 14-16.

Side note - Not really, it's common to see OC's that are foreign since you can just say that they're transfer students. This makes double sense for IS academy since it's an international school that actively welcomes foreigners.

The naming problem I avoided by giving the only possible westerner an improper name. Seriously, he's called "Irish" even by people he knows. It's not cool, but at least it's unique.

@ Senpai - Nice~

@ Meistah - Celeste still seems to have the concept of loyalty since she follows Karon around and feels protective of her. The Bridge bunnies seem to be energetic from what we've seen of them.
Old 2011-12-14, 04:52   Link #12902
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Anyone here a psychologist? I want an opinion if there is such a condition that may cause a person to have "berserker" mentality.

1. Eratas: Fact that a 15 year old girl got through the screening is embarassment enough + the fact that your latest military hardware isn't on the level of other countries. I'd be amazed if they even believe they have any dignity/standing left. Plothole ignores this COMPLETELY!

2. I assume her parents died and she was left in charge.

3. I already said she was basically the pilot version of Tabane. Prior training, direct contact with the person who made the IS and excessive talent.

Well whatever works
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 04:55   Link #12903
Eratas123

@ Demi - Schizophrenia is a frequent case along with pent up rage. Irish suffers from the latter in Shadow. There's also just being insane which causes you to lose control of emotions.
Old 2011-12-14, 04:56   Link #12904
HasuMasu
*Artist

Who wouldn't?

2. She isn't the leader yet you know, unless her parents are dead then we have to assume that she's just in line for it.

3. Would it be more believable is she was older? I don't think it makes a difference.
Old 2011-12-14, 04:59   Link #12905
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
1. Despite the fact that losing that unit means France's standing is crippled? It may be a crappy unit gen wise, but it's France's top unit for now so if they lose it bad things happen.
They also don't want to ruin their own reputation in front of other countries (still Char revealing her gender is a plothole, what stop other cadet reps from report it to their respective countries?)

Quote:
2. Alright then, next question: How and why is Tatenashi the leader of a secret org? Did her parents die and just leave her in charge? Just say fanon answers if you want, it's not like these questions will ever be answered in canon.
Because she's hypercompetent? On darker side of my fanon, she carries too much stuff on her shoulders and it's only time until she a. Snap b. Shared it with others.

Edit: Or if we took Box's answer, she's the candidate that expected to win. And will try to fulfill that expectation....

Quote:
3. I'm asking where Chifuyu got the skill to be good enough to take down 2000+ missiles, tanks, jets, and submarines without hurting anyone at the age of 14-16.
hence my fanon that ShiroKishi is a super prototype. Chifuyu is damn good, but not God Mode Sue. She accomplish all the stuff from experience.

Quote:
Side note - Not really, it's common to see OC's that are foreign since you can just say that they're transfer students. This makes double sense for IS academy since it's an international school that actively welcomes foreigners.
Male transfer student = fans suspicious of marty studom, unless proven otherwise.

Quote:
The naming problem I avoided by giving the only possible westerner an improper name. Seriously, he's called "Irish" even by people he knows. It's not cool, but at least it's unique.
You know, Joshua O'Brien is the name of a recurring pilot in Armored Core 4.

Quote:
@ Senpai - Nice~

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Anyone here a psychologist? I want an opinion if there is such a condition that may cause a person to have "berserker" mentality.
As a nurse, my opinion is... PLENTY. Hormonal, genetic, mental condition, trauma of all forms etc.
Old 2011-12-14, 05:01   Link #12906
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I want the symptoms of this "berserker" state to be "complete awareness of the situation", "uncontrolled disposition for violence" and possibly "intense focus". Do they fall under schizophrenia?
Old 2011-12-14, 05:02   Link #12907
Eratas123

@ Demi - Speaking of which, why is he named "Rong", anyway? Did he name himself?

@ Box - Except White Knight was unallied with Japan and they themselves admit they don't know what it was. So she couldn't have gotten funding from any of the countries since no one knew about it.

2. Really? Didn't she mention she was the head?

3. What's more believable? A 16 year old squad captain or a 25 year old one?
Old 2011-12-14, 05:05   Link #12908
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: Kinda He was a smart kid to start with. When he recognized the people who killed his parents, he gave them a fake name: "Rong"

If Chifuyu isn't god-mode sue then I don't know who is anymore. The woman blocked an IS with an Uchigane's sword, without being in an IS!

2. I have no idea. Still on V4 Houki's chapter.

3. depends on the background. Most people would feel more comfortable with the 25 year old though.

EDIT: @detective: Something like that but it doesn't mean the person gets better reflexes or has better overall judgement. Disposition for violence meaning they fight until everything that can move can't anymore. Awareness of the situation is that they know it's happening and will retain memories of it. And intense focus is that it feels like all faculties fail and become devoted to the act of combat.
Old 2011-12-14, 05:05   Link #12909
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I meant the other non-male pilot OC's. Most of them are Japanese as well even if a lot of the staff of IS academy is supposedly foreign.

@ Demi - Schizophrenia involves mad rage and loss of focus while pent up rage usually results in intense focus on one thing while ignoring damage or pain to yourself is drastic.
Old 2011-12-14, 05:09   Link #12910
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
No, this might be what you're referring to.

2. She mentioned that her name is one that is given to the head, they had to give the name at birth, right? It's not like they could give it to her after they're both dead you know.

3. There's something you have to remember about me, and that's I don't judge people regardless of age, gender, height, weight, race, and beliefs.

About the White Knight, it was the first completed IS, it's not like Tabane couldn't show them something else entirely and work on the White Night behind their backs, right?
Had to repost this due to being ninja'd.
Old 2011-12-14, 05:11   Link #12911
Eratas123

@ Box, Demi, and Senpai - So you're saying Tatenashi is the only one with good relations to her parents? That's new. I'd love to write about her parents in Shadow, but I need one thing: Should they be strict as hell or goofballs?
Old 2011-12-14, 05:12   Link #12912
HasuMasu
*Artist

Couldn't it be a bloodline thing?
Old 2011-12-14, 05:13   Link #12913
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - I meant the other non-male pilot OC's. Most of them are Japanese as well even if a lot of the staff of IS academy is supposedly foreign.
Uh, you forgot Louise and Amalia, but you can be forgiven because I haven't put them into detail yet.

Isn't Meister put a LOT of foreigners?
Old 2011-12-14, 05:14   Link #12914
Eratas123

@ Box - Eh? What do you mean?

@ Senpai - Posted a question above.
Old 2011-12-14, 05:14   Link #12915
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah - Celeste still seems to have the concept of loyalty since she follows Karon around and feels protective of her. The Bridge bunnies seem to be energetic from what we've seen of them.
That's what I'm pinning on. Celeste lost the least, but everyone else lost chunks. That difference helps set her apart and sets up my story.

I suppose this spoilerific line could hint at the answer:

"In this age, instead of perfection, perhaps breaking from the past is exactly how we move forward."

Spoken by a man named Bodewig.
Old 2011-12-14, 05:15   Link #12916
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: Good relations has nothing to do with it. Considering how the two are, it can be anything.

I'd like to imagine the parents were militaristic, borderline uncaring but are affectionate when it's needed(read Chifuyu-like).
Old 2011-12-14, 05:16   Link #12917
HasuMasu
*Artist

Like, I thought Tatenashi's organization was a family thing.
Old 2011-12-14, 05:19   Link #12918
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@bout Tatenashi's parents... well, if anything, they're either very busy, aloof, or both. How else they did not notice the rift between the sibling?
Old 2011-12-14, 05:20   Link #12919
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Half of the ISA is canonically from the rest of the world. Half is Japanese. So technically, anyone can be from both Japan or everywhere else.

I made Class 1-2 as the "gaijin" class metafictionally, though the real reason was the early OCers went the other way and made tons of Americans (because they were Americans themselves). So what SaintX and I and Termie and the other SEAs did was compensate with everywhere else.

Then the USoA left. So I had my way with everyone's OCs...

...then you guys arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@bout Tatenashi's parents... well, if anything, they're either very busy, aloof, or both. How else they did not notice the rift between the sibling?
Or you know, dead. In this anime, adults have a life expectancy of about 35.
Old 2011-12-14, 05:22   Link #12920
demino_hellsin
That one guy

weird crossover plot megamanXinfinite-stratos:

In another time and space. There are cyber beings that have long left the physical plain. Some even cease to exist on this cyberspace and have scattered into fragmented data. A clash between two exceptionally powerful data entities once broke a hole in the very dimensions that held their world together and sucked in the surrounding cyber space. This hole sealed itself in time but much data was lost, including the fragments of those powerful entities that fought.

When Ichika Orimura activated that Uchigane with Tabane Shinonono's intervention, a new code was born...

That same Uchigane Ichika piloted was no longer useable by anyone. When somebody inspected the core's data, a new strain(I forgot what they called the IS core's DNA like growth chart) was listed on it despite the evolution function being disabled. The name of this strain was Zero-Omega...

oAo

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest