Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-16, 10:55   Link #241
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
This manga is awesome
the disease at first i thought was irrelevant to the story but it made pretty important role indeveloping his martial arts skills

i want to know more of his father, he's a freaking monster
i don't even if the disease will be cured because that is irrelevant to the story

forever alone i see
I still wonder why people are taking Rintarou's condition seriously. The mangaka intentionally shortened it to Hentai Syndrome.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 17:26   Link #242
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Probably because thanks to it, he has gained awesome martial art powers.
Old 2013-08-16, 21:05   Link #243
Shadow5YA

So how does that translate to him being at risk of actually dying from the disease?

If anyone hasn't noticed, Rintaro hasn't expressed any heart problems over female TnA since his childhood. None of his panicking in high school so far involved chest pain like what happened when he was a child.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm fairly certain his "condition" was never a carefully written plot point as much as it's a device for ecchi fanservice.
Old 2013-08-16, 21:15   Link #244
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So how does that translate to him being at risk of actually dying from the disease?

If anyone hasn't noticed, Rintaro hasn't expressed any heart problems over female TnA since his childhood. None of his panicking in high school so far involved chest pain like what happened when he was a child.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm fairly certain his "condition" was never a carefully written plot point as much as it's a device for ecchi fanservice.
Well i'm 100% certain that this was because in order to keep this at a decent rating they had to have something that prevents the MC from being perverted towards the girls in this school. If you get a guy in an all girls school who can actively do erotic activities its an 18+ manga. Fact is most of the time something is needed in order to actively prevent what would be a classic erotic manga situation. Just think about it its a disease that prevents a guy from getting aroused. If that isn't an absolute buzzkill to keep a manga under manageable levels idk what is.

Hey franky I bet if you look real hard they probably have quite a few doujins of this manga look and tell me if you can find some. Don't link them just see if you can find em.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 10:19   Link #245
Lummie

Quote:
I still wonder why people are taking Rintarou's condition seriously. The mangaka intentionally shortened it to Hentai Syndrome.
Didn't Meru envision a Grim Reaper ready to take Rintaro's life when Rino approached him? I don't think the author threw that scene in because of Rintaro fearing Rino but rather his condition.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 11:43   Link #246
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Well i'm 100% certain that this was because in order to keep this at a decent rating they had to have something that prevents the MC from being perverted towards the girls in this school. If you get a guy in an all girls school who can actively do erotic activities its an 18+ manga. Fact is most of the time something is needed in order to actively prevent what would be a classic erotic manga situation. Just think about it its a disease that prevents a guy from getting aroused. If that isn't an absolute buzzkill to keep a manga under manageable levels idk what is.

Hey franky I bet if you look real hard they probably have quite a few doujins of this manga look and tell me if you can find some. Don't link them just see if you can find em.
How about some bloody morals, rudimentary self control, and a damn spine?
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 11:58   Link #247
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Most MC's that have that end up being called wimpy and gutless.
Old 2013-08-17, 13:27   Link #248
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Most MC's that have that end up being called wimpy and gutless.
Isn't that why the few rare types of MC's are strong enough to kick the idiots' asses?
Old 2013-08-17, 14:47   Link #249
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
That's exactly what most guys don't want a harem MC to have because most guys have the mentality that if u have a bunch of cute chicks who like you boink them. Those MC's are usually grilled for it. A perfect example of that is ichika from inifite stratos because he has those morals as you say he doesn't take advantage of the situations that everyone wants him to
Old 2013-08-17, 14:51   Link #250
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
That's exactly what most guys don't want a harem MC to have because most guys have the mentality that if u have a bunch of cute chicks who like you boink them. Those MC's are usually grilled for it. A perfect example of that is ichika from inifite stratos because he has those morals as you say he doesn't take advantage of the situations that everyone wants him to
lol

Ichika doesn't even realize that girls like him.
Old 2013-08-17, 15:15   Link #251
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
lol

Ichika falls under a harem category where he has somebody he likes and only that girls opinion matters to him. unfortunately for the girls that girl is his sister. Ichika is a sis-con and is clueless to the other girls feelings. Granted we know he's affected because he notices the girls changing and he's embarrassed by that but he's a siscon to his core
Old 2013-08-17, 17:12   Link #252
F10

Quote:
lol

that is exactly what keeps IS under manageable conditions...
otherwise much like dragons rioting and the majority of of ecchi... it would be plain out HENTAI.

every Male protagonist needs a restrainer to keep the plot manageable.

if not imagine Ichika or in this case Rintaro...
he would end up impregnating every girl he stumbled upon.

if you'd like to see what Dragons rioting would be without the HENTAI SINDROME... watch this hentai:

HARAMASETE SEIYUU KUN... is right up this same alley... and the MC doesn't have any probs with the opposite sex and even "traps" LOL.
Old 2013-08-17, 17:16   Link #253
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10 View Post
that is exactly what keeps IS under manageable conditions...
otherwise much like dragons rioting and the majority of of ecchi... it would be plain out HENTAI.

every Male protagonist needs a restrainer to keep the plot manageable.

if not imagine Ichika or in this case Rintaro...
he would end up impregnating every girl he stumbled upon.

if you'd like to see what Dragons rioting would be without the HENTAI SINDROME... watch this hentai:

HARAMASETE SEIYUU KUN... is right up this same alley... and the MC doesn't have any probs with the opposite sex and even "traps" LOL.
... the hell is with this "either-or" fallacy? Since when do male protagonists have to be either spineless asexuals or complete rapists?

Have you ever considered that a male can be attracted to a female's body without freaking out over it like she has cooties or jumping all over her?
Old 2013-08-17, 17:34   Link #254
F10

Quote:
... the hell is with this "either-or" fallacy? Since when do male protagonists have to be either spineless asexuals or complete rapists?

Have you ever considered that a male can be attracted to a female's body without freaking out over it like she has cooties or jumping all over her?
Are you serious?
would you? really? would YOU be able to pull that off?
i know i wouldn't...
Old 2013-08-17, 17:41   Link #255
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Are you serious?
would you? really? would YOU be able to pull that off?
i know i wouldn't...
There is going to be more than one attractive person in your high school and/or college years. Are you telling me you'll voice your desire to tap all of them or freak out otherwise?
Old 2013-08-17, 17:58   Link #256
F10

Quote:
There is going to be more than one attractive person in your high school and/or college years. Are you telling me you'll voice your desire to tap all of them or freak out otherwise?
dude, you are going astray now... that's not the point but i'll answer you anyway but i'll do it intopic.

i wouldn't rape a girl... but let's be honest... if a girl showed the least interest in me, i wouldn't think twice to go and tap the lights out of her...
rintaro would be in the same page...
without his illness he would end up tapping every willing girl in the school... starting with one of the twins... at some point that kyouka will also offer herself to him, rino and ayane will be no different...

without his "illness" that would end up in a major pregnancy contest... that is what we are talking about... if you want a more realistic story... then this story would feature at the very least a romantic pentagon. "ikkitousen(?)"

in fact... thats a good example, ikkitousen is much more realistic in some areas, and well... you see what happens... sex, rape, drama, pretty much an animated soap opera. maybe lol
Old 2013-08-17, 19:01   Link #257
ImperialFlameGod8190

of course the ironic thing about everything is that the only character that actually went after the girls got grilled for it whose akatsuki
Old 2013-08-17, 19:07   Link #258
for3ver
The Lost Child

ehh...

i feel disgusted (and im male..) reading these comments...

also, the disease is something that only happens when he feels something akin to lust correct?

then romance is not out of the question, a relationship without skinship is very plausible.
Old 2013-08-17, 19:29   Link #259
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
ehh...

i feel disgusted (and im male..) reading these comments...

also, the disease is something that only happens when he feels something akin to lust correct?

then romance is not out of the question, a relationship without skinship is very plausible.
He is a teenage male. I don't know anyone pure enough to not even think about it after living in close proximity to girls (especially if he actually likes them!). This doesn't make them perverts... Thinking about it is different than actually acting on it.

Hence its easier for Rintarou to keep them at a distance.

Last edited by bludvein; 2013-08-17 at 19:55.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 19:49   Link #260
Shadow5YA

Quote:
dude, you are going astray now... that's not the point but i'll answer you anyway but i'll do it intopic.

i wouldn't rape a girl... but let's be honest... if a girl showed the least interest in me, i wouldn't think twice to go and tap the lights out of her...
rintaro would be in the same page...
without his illness he would end up tapping every willing girl in the school... starting with one of the twins... at some point that kyouka will also offer herself to him, rino and ayane will be no different...

without his "illness" that would end up in a major pregnancy contest... that is what we are talking about... if you want a more realistic story... then this story would feature at the very least a romantic pentagon. "ikkitousen(?)"

in fact... thats a good example, ikkitousen is much more realistic in some areas, and well... you see what happens... sex, rape, drama, pretty much an animated soap opera. maybe lol
I can't really say anything other than you're wrong and not everyone thinks the way you do.

Thinking about sex is one thing, but acting on it is another. It doesn't take a supposedly life-threatening disease for a guy to have some self-control, but apparently you don't think so.

Tags
brawling, harem