AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 31 39.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-02, 11:05   Link #41
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Episode was hilarious. Sena's dad was great, Stella was extremely amusing, and Kobato was cute.

Though, does anyone know what the whole "Universe!" thing was about? It was extremely funny because it just felt so random.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:16   Link #42
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Though, does anyone know what the whole "Universe!" thing was about? It was extremely funny because it just felt so random.
Infamous battlecry that originally comes from Harry Ord from Turn A Gundam.

It's pretty popular at least on mecha fandom since it's constantly used (almost) everytime Harry Ord appear on Gundam or Super Robot Taisen game. Even other Tetsu Inada (Harry Ord's seiyuu) character, Ratsel Feinshmaker from Super Robot Taisen also shout "UNIVEEEERSAL" as seiyuu joke on the SRW OGs.
It was once used by Gintoki on Gintama & Sket Dance cross over too (Sket Dance side).

I was hoping Tetsu Inada will voice Pegasus so he could say it again (on Rika's debut episode). Turned out it's Ryotaro Okiayu who voice Pegasus. Coincidentally, Ryotaro Okiayu voiced Raidese/Rai, Ratsel/Elzam's little brother from Super Robot Taisen OG series, that as I wrote above, Ratsel is voiced by Tetsu Inada

*turn off mecha otaku mode*
Old 2011-12-02, 11:16   Link #43
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

For those of you patient enough to sit ALL the way after the credits and the next-episode preview (where Pegasus does an ADORABLE post-molestation moe-girl impression), you'll see official artwork by the staff that shows what Sena REALLY did to Traumatize Kobato-chan.
Spoiler for Too Sexy and too CUTE For Work:

I trust you'll make a reproductively-correct version of this pic that we'll see one day on Sankakucomplex, yes, Mighty Mangatron?
Old 2011-12-02, 11:21   Link #44
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
For those of you patient enough to sit ALL the way after the credits and the next-episode preview (where Pegasus does an ADORABLE post-molestation moe-girl impression), you'll see official artwork by the staff that shows what Sena REALLY did to Traumatize Kobato-chan.
Spoiler for Too Sexy and too CUTE For Work:

Kobato is one lucky girl....or is it the other way around?
Old 2011-12-02, 11:26   Link #45
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

And WHOA who would have thought Yuzuki Ryoka, the tough-and-bitchy voice of Suzushiro Haruka from Mai Hime 8 years ago would now be voicing mature-and-sexy yet innocent-and-cute women like Stella the Butler and Arcueid of Carnival Phantasm.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:31   Link #46
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
The real reason she is unwilling to show anything is that she is fully aware she can't compete with Sena-sama's divine body. No point in fighting a losing battle.
aside from her big chest what else is there?, sena has nothing on the others in the feminine charm category.

yukimaru, stella, yozora and rika have a more feminine charm to them than she does.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:36   Link #47
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
god bless you sena!!!!

And does pegasus look like sakai yuuji to anyone here???
He looks like Fei from Xenogears.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:48   Link #48
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Yozora is feminine and charming in the same way that a rattlesnake is a kind and gentle creature.
Old 2011-12-02, 12:06   Link #49
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
And does pegasus look like sakai yuuji to anyone here???
Yeah, check the image thread, in fact Sena's mother could be Margery .
Old 2011-12-02, 12:22   Link #50
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
aside from her big chest what else is there?, sena has nothing on the others in the feminine charm category.

yukimaru, stella, yozora and rika have a more feminine charm to them than she does.
You can't be serious And Yozora more feminine than Sena ? WTF
Old 2011-12-02, 12:25   Link #51
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Btw,

UNIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERSEEEEE

Sum up the episode quite well.
Old 2011-12-02, 12:49   Link #52
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
"Here Comes The Bride~"

It's the wedding melody.
Nope - it was Mendelssohn's "Wedding March". Typically played right after the vows are done.
Old 2011-12-02, 12:51   Link #53
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It's more of a personal preference I guess. Yozora is endearing in her own way, be they in physical appearance (tat @ss! @5:50) or personality wise, as is Sena.

Some people just don't find blondes with large breasts attractive, that's all.

I wouldn't be surprised even if there were claims on Rika/Yukimura being more feminine than everyone else. It's not weird or unfathomable, compared to those posts of what they'd do if they ever got their hands on Kobato.

As for Yozora listing Kodaka's name as Taka in her cell...erm, sure, it's endearing for a KodakaxYozora fan such as me. I'm just not sure how that'd fit with the novel that's all (beginning of volume 4, to be exact).

And thank god that no one else from the Neighbours Club went along. Rika would probably start shipping KodakaxPegasus after that.

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-12-02 at 13:11. Reason: Let's save that for when the anime reveals it.
Old 2011-12-02, 13:26   Link #54
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Loved this episode, I couldn't stop laughing. Seems like Sena's dad use to be a delinquent along with Kodaka's dad. I would've love to see a flash back on that

I think the series is gonna end with Kodaka and Sena being in a BFxGF relationship while Yozora being his BFF. But that's just my theory based on the hints so far.
Old 2011-12-02, 13:36   Link #55
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That random horse head moment totally caught me off guard. XD

Also Senna was awesome this episode. Especially when she ran past Kodaka naked annd screamed universe (Though she could cut down on her Kobato obsession). Kodaka was one smart guy covering the whole thing by saying he was drunk.

And although this has likely been mentioned already i'm pretty sure Stella is Senna's mom. And plus she's hilarious.

And Senna's dad is one incredible drunk, tip toeing to the bed like that.

Anyway, the preview suggests Yozora is going to continue being an ass to Senna. Let's just hope it's not as bad as it looked...
Old 2011-12-02, 13:44   Link #56
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol only Yozora would wear that as a swimsuit. The horse head was ridiculous, but like how they teased Maria. Pegasus and Stella were great. Sena and Universeeeeeee! Poor Kobato.
Old 2011-12-02, 13:54   Link #57
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Started well, but the pacing of the second part was slowish... granted it was suppose to convey the awkward atmosphere at Sena's mansion, but succeeding in it does not up for boredom only broken thanks to Kobato leading Sena to a shortcut for her objective

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Hate tosay this, but Pengasus definitely gives me the vibe that he was in love with Kodoka's father.
[Shindou Eru] TSF Monogatari -> PROBLEM SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
And WHOA who would have thought Yuzuki Ryoka, the tough-and-bitchy voice of Suzushiro Haruka from Mai Hime 8 years ago would now be voicing mature-and-sexy yet innocent-and-cute women like Stella the Butler and Arcueid of Carnival Phantasm.
OMG! indeed it's 7+ years... I am getting old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
An exuberant ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Yozora has her charm, trying to be a Yamato Nadeshiko, but having a bitchy/trollish nature ruins her attempts.

Personally, when judging femininity I go by:
  1. Yukimura, he is the most feminine member of the cast
  2. Sena, for her ドM and dere moments
  3. Yozora, see above
  4. Rika, verbose sex maniac != feminine
  5. Kobato, rather cute, as children are supposed to be
  6. Maria, rather annoying, as children are
Old 2011-12-02, 13:54   Link #58
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Stella does look a lot like Sena, but then again, so does Kobato, yet they are not related at all. Apparently, the author thinks foreigners all have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anybody who doesn't know them would think they are sisters. They look so adorable together <3
i'm fully expecting a reveal that Kobato isn't actually his blood related sister. With how much she loves him it wouldn't be the least bit surprising to me. Maybe she IS sena's sister but was instead raised by Kodaka's family from some reason only rich people can understand.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2011-12-02 at 14:08.
Old 2011-12-02, 16:30   Link #59
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Well, it looks as if they're all going to the Beach next episode.

Hopefully Rika and Yozora don't get sick this time, I want to see more of their swimsuits

Well...actually...not Yozora's, a horse mask and zebra striped clothing isn't something I'm looking forward to

But please, more Maria in swimsuits!
Old 2011-12-02, 16:55   Link #60
ookamigirl

The horse head thing was pretty funny.
Swimsuit day... Kinda surprising though.
Sena's family was pretty weird, but so many LOLs

My Blog --> ookami
Closed Thread