AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-13, 09:40   Link #221
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff
On that note, who thinks that those two are going to hook up? Maybe a manga reader can spoil us here
Spoiler for the manga:

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's

Last edited by jfs; 2006-04-13 at 09:55.
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 10:29   Link #222
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

On Topic: I can't vouch for the the Manga, but I don't think it's unlikely that they're doing a little Horizontal Mambo. You don't have to SHOW people doing the nasty for them to be nastifastying, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
p.S: where did the Suzumiya Haruhi thread go? it's been moved, but where to? i can't find it anywhere
I dunno! There was a new sub-forum earlier, but that's gone now (too bad too, I wanted to maybe get a discussion going about paranormal phenomena).
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 20:45   Link #223
Niamh

Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh
I just finished watching this series today. I loved it! I've never really thought much about how hard it must be to have a job as a seiyuu.

I like how this series was pretty fast-paced. I hate it when the two main characters have a fight and it's dragged out for eternity. *blah*

In my opinion, the animation was fairly decent. Some of Matsumaru's faces were absolutely hillarious and kind of reminded me of Golden Boy.

The only problem I had was the opening theme seemed a bit long. I think it should have been a bit shorter to be proportional with the twelve minute episodes.
Niamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 06:39   Link #224
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Also finished the last episode today, and have to say that it' was a very weet show to watch, liked it pretty much.

BTW, this is for the one who have read the manga,

SPOIL US WITH THE STORYLINE AFTER THE EVENTS OF THE ANIME!!!!
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 09:33   Link #225
Mephisto2k
anime4life

I collected all the episodes, but i got stuck watching somewhere at episode 4 or whereever. With all those upcoming animes i got to bored to watch the anime to the end so i zapped through it. I know i dont really have the right to say it because i havnt watched it properly, but i think rec is kinda boring. There are a few comedy scenes, but not enough to call it a comedy. There are few dramatic scenes but its not like its really deep or sad or a drama. There is a little love story but its not as touching to call it a romance. The girl might be cute and thats all there is to it. Its not that im not into those lighthearted stories like da capo, lamune or toHeart, but i got kinda bored by some of those series, and rec is one of those.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 12:13   Link #226
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto2k
I collected all the episodes, but i got stuck watching somewhere at episode 4 or whereever. With all those upcoming animes i got to bored to watch the anime to the end so i zapped through it. I know i dont really have the right to say it because i havnt watched it properly, but i think rec is kinda boring. There are a few comedy scenes, but not enough to call it a comedy. There are few dramatic scenes but its not like its really deep or sad or a drama. There is a little love story but its not as touching to call it a romance. The girl might be cute and thats all there is to it. Its not that im not into those lighthearted stories like da capo, lamune or toHeart, but i got kinda bored by some of those series, and rec is one of those.

Damn, you haven't got to episode 5 yet which is by far the most hilarious episode yet! Too bad.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 18:04   Link #227
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Great little series, it's nice to watch something that can finished in a couple of hours instead of a couple of weeks!
zrdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 03:30   Link #228
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wewt! Raw for episode 7.5 released! Unbroadcasted episode!
Old 2006-07-06, 04:23   Link #229
uris
Reflector of thy Souls

Oh wow, this taught me not to burn my shows out too fast -_-
uris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 20:15   Link #230
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 7.5 actually has to be one of my fav' episodes. What happens is actually something i was shocked not to see in the series.

Gawd.. i actually forgot how much i love this series. <3
Old 2006-07-06, 20:42   Link #231
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Care to spoil that unaired episode?
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 01:00   Link #232
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I agree, 7.5 is probably my favorite episode.
Old 2006-07-07, 03:11   Link #233
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
I finished the anime a while back and i loved the story. Cute, sweet, and short is how i would describe it. I dont read the manga but are there stories after the anime ends?
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 06:32   Link #234
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Care to spoil that unaired episode?
The main story of the episode is just Matsumaru's past love interest from the first episodes back..

I'm sure you can understand what its about. ^__^
Old 2006-07-07, 06:49   Link #235
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Damn. This new trend of not airing all the eps on TV, just so they can make more money on the DVD releases...
it just sucks.

Now I have an "incomplete" burnt DVD of REC...
Old 2006-07-07, 12:05   Link #236
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Somehow I couldn't really get into 7.5, much as I enjoyed the series. Maybe because I'd read the manga. Maybe because I'd lost the emotional connection to the characters that I built up then. I can't say I ever really liked Matsumaru, well-conceived as the character is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tug
Damn. This new trend of not airing all the eps on TV, just so they can make more money on the DVD releases... it just sucks. Now I have an "incomplete" burnt DVD of REC...
I know exactly how you feel, but it's kind of hard to expect the companies to gear their releases for the convenience of people who download them for free rather than buying them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychItsMike
I finished the anime a while back and i loved the story. Cute, sweet, and short is how i would describe it. I dont read the manga but are there stories after the anime ends?
There certainly are, and very interesting ones at that. Some are probably even more interesting than the ones they showed. There is more that is similar to the events at the end of episode 1.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 04:46   Link #237
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I know exactly how you feel, but it's kind of hard to expect the companies to gear their releases for the convenience of people who download them for free rather than buying them.
My statement wasn't geared towards the "download instead of buying" concept.
Shouldn't the japanese people who watched it on TV be annoyed as well?
Old 2006-07-23, 16:36   Link #238
Semaj

Is EP 7.5 only in the DVD? Is there a raw or a sub released somewhere?
Semaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 16:46   Link #239
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As long as the *aired* series episodes tell a complete story... I suspect the japanese viewers are okay with the concept (I'm thinking for example of kasimashi's "false ending" with the bit of a teaser in the credits or Kamichu!'s insertion eps on their DVDs).

I suspect more annoyance will rise if they start telling part of the story, ending with a cliffhanger and then saying "buy the DVD" ... thats a good way to piss off customers but again... it'll depend on how easily the otaku bend over.

We'll see if the usual subbers decide to take it on.
Old 2006-07-24, 00:50   Link #240
lavielove

Onda Aka

on company's website

on anime news international
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen