AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-03-17, 16:03   Link #21
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
For reference purpose only:

I'm considered "average" as I only spend 100,000 yen per Comike.

Hope that helps.
I was about to say "oh, that's not too much then." That's because I misread 100,000 as 10,000 yen!

And that's considered average? I think I've underestimated how big of an event comiket is.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 20:30   Link #22
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Scribble, if they have them in your country, have you ever been to a Farmer's Market? Go to buy two porkchops and a bag of potatoes but damn that apple pie looks good. And those almond tarts. And ooh, fresh apple cider!

I figure it's like that only a bazillion times bigger. Wouldn't take long to burn a hole in your pocket.

The only big thing that'd save me is that I wouldn't buy anything H because when I got back I'd know the guy who had to look through my bags
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 21:12   Link #23
sorvani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
I was about to say "oh, that's not too much then." That's because I misread 100,000 as 10,000 yen!

And that's considered average? I think I've underestimated how big of an event comiket is.
that's not too out of the ordinary for a large con expense. there was a thread on the GenCon LLC forums before they switched to their new software listing how much everyone spent at the con. i believe the average was $600. i know my personal average is $800 every year. that is not far under ¥100,000. and gencon is not as much of a merchandising event as something like comiket.
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 06:45   Link #24
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Tora no Ana is one of the specialty chain stores in Japan that specializes in Otaku goods. The range of goods sold in these stores go from Anime DVDs, CDs, mangas, PC/bishojo games, to misc goods including figures and collectible items.

Most importantly, they also deal with doujin goods: you can find doujinshis, doujin games, doujin musics, etc. sold in these stores, many of which are the same ones you'd find in Comikes. Doujin creators often consign their leftover stocks (or reprints) to these shops so that their fans who weren't able to make it to Comike/weren't able to obtain the doujin product can get them here. The price is usually slightly higher than the event price.

Other stores that are similar to Tora no Ana include Melonbooks, Animate, White Canvas, Sofmap, etc.. All of them have multiple storefronts inside Akihabara, some specializes in a particular type of product over others.
could you tell me in what area in Tokyo those chain stores are, i want to go there someday

but after seeing the prices in dollars i think it will have to wait for another 5 years untill i finish my educaation and make some more money
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 13:05   Link #25
sorvani

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
could you tell me in what area in Tokyo those chain stores are, i want to go there someday
he did......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
All of them have multiple storefronts inside Akihabara,
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 18:01   Link #26
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
Just make your way to Akihabara station, get out and walk down the central street, and you'll run into them eventually.

Here's a "virtual walkthrough" website that let's you "walk" down Akihabara, try it out.
http://www.akibatown.com/
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 06:26   Link #27
icf20405

there is hero go to comike ?

I will go to comike ,100,000 Yen having

icf20405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 20:45   Link #28
Cardcaptor

I'm going there tomorrow, and not I'm pumped beyond words!

I'm trying to limit my expense to 50,000 Yen (75,000 Yen last year), but I guess that's kind of impossible considering that I'm planning to get this along with tons of doujinshis. T_T Aww... my poor pocket.
Cardcaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 20:57   Link #29
luchamasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by icf20405
Damn... how much money moves around in the Comiket? If an average Comiket goer spends 100,000 yen ($860 US) and 100,000 visitors are assumed, then that's $86 million spent on anime/manga goods in just two-three days in one place. Damn.
luchamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 10:43   Link #30
icf20405

Talking The largest Celebration of japanese anime

this event starts in 1975

presently 11,000 groups entry this festival

The number of preparing during opening period attendance counts about 400,000 in 3 days

Number is the small cities Population

As for economic result exceeding 10,000,000,000 Yen (83,000,000 dollar )

Two days after it has held

http://mousou2006.radilog.net/image/4.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...arket62_00.JPG

If you have mach money and time ,please come to japan

maybe this festival is biggest in animation field

Last edited by xris; 2006-08-11 at 10:54.
icf20405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 10:45   Link #31
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

http://www.comiket.co.jp/info-p/

That link I found contains interesting guidelines and information for the people who want to cosplay at Comike 70.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 08:07   Link #32
Cloudy

I wish I were there-_-.
Old 2006-08-12, 10:14   Link #33
wao
OK.

Maybe this litle report on the massive number of people at Comiket would be interesting. It's crazy, the humongous number of people.... but at some point in my life I'd love to go. Even if it sucks... it's almost like a religion >_>;;; Before I get too old and unable to handle the crowds!! (That's admittedly far away, but my chances of going are so slim.)
Old 2006-08-18, 10:54   Link #34
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Comike 70 Cosplay photo gallery

http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/event/comiket06/

Gallery full of pics dedicated to the cosplayers of the past Comike.

It's interesting that about a fifth of the total photos went to Haruhi Suzumiya cosplayers.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni cosplayers gain adherents as well.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 19:26   Link #35
haninjjang

Summer Comiket 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on visiting Tokyo this summer and attending Summer Comi while I'm there, but I don't know anybody that lives there and nobody I know who would go wants to shell out for the plane tickets to go with me.

So I was thinkin maybe some random people on the internets would like to go with me. Would anyone that lives in or is planning to go to Tokyo meet up and go together?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask... didn't know anywhere else to post a request like this.
haninjjang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 18:38   Link #36
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Needs moar Shugo Chara hentai doujins.
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 13:29   Link #37
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
Needs moar Shugo Chara hentai doujins.
Yes yes yes. Keep that to yourself.

There's nothing better than to see the rare doujin illustration books ^^ (too bad I live a bit too far away to get my hands on any >.<)

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 10:49   Link #38
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Yes yes yes. Keep that to yourself.
Hey, that's a very popular point of view.
It's not uncommon to see people in other boards talking about how they can't wait for C74 because of that.
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 15:20   Link #39
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
Hey, that's a very popular point of view.
It's not uncommon to see people in other boards talking about how they can't wait for C74 because of that.
I know. There's more to Comiket than just my love of Artbooks and Illustration books. But when I think of Comiket, that's usually the first that comes to mind.

but I understand your thinking ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 13:29   Link #40
mandarb916

Comiket question for those who have gone before...

I have a few (quick?) questions for those who've attended prior comikets...

Thinking of possibly attending C75 this winter since I'll be in the Tokyo area for about month. If I understand correctly, it sounds like it's primarily for buying from various doujin circles (which in and of itself I have no interest in...the buying part). Is it worth going to, just to mosey around or am I better off just meandering around akihabara if I have no intentions of purchasing doujin from the various circles attending?

Also, anything I should expect/be aware about? I know it's during peak winter travel in Japan so public transportation will be chock full of people, but any general input would be greatly welcome.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote