AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-04-06, 06:26   Link #61
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
I personlly prefer Rie, Horie Yui would be great as Maria through, just think back to all the Maid type roles...
Yui Horie and Rie Tanaka works for different companies. So the possibility of this happening is not really possible.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 19:10   Link #62
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
Edit: Thinking about it, Maria's the only one who really deals with his moments of weakness. With everyone else he's just that nice and friendly super-butler. With Maria he becomes a bit more human. Well, that's probably overanalysis.
I think Hayate is like that because he doesn't want to be a lolicon.
I mean thats so different from what characters say in other series where they kind of promote it.
But it's obvious that he does have feelings for Nagi.
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 19:40   Link #63
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
But it's obvious that he does have feelings for Nagi.
I actually think it's not that obvious. She is important to him, that's for sure, but not in a romantic way. He has looked at her body before and did not "react", for the lack of a better term. He has also shown numerous times that he sees her as her superior, her friend, and a child, but nothing like a potential lover.

Maria, on the other hand, he has shown affections for. Hinagiku will probably be a part of the mix too as the story develops, or at least I hope.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 20:00   Link #64
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
I actually think it's not that obvious. She is important to him, that's for sure, but not in a romantic way. He has looked at her body before and did not "react", for the lack of a better term. He has also shown numerous times that he sees her as her superior, her friend, and a child, but nothing like a potential lover.

Maria, on the other hand, he has shown affections for. Hinagiku will probably be a part of the mix too as the story develops, or at least I hope.
I agree, his relationship with Nagi seems more like Bro/Sis. To this point, he's only shown interest towards Maria. And also...

Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 20:13   Link #65
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
I agree, his relationship with Nagi seems more like Bro/Sis. To this point, he's only shown interest towards Maria. And also...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-08, 20:22   Link #66
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by KoroshiyaX; 2007-04-08 at 21:00.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 21:20   Link #67
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-09, 06:05   Link #68
Mentar
Banned

About romance and volume 10 ...

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 09:02   Link #69
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Popularity contest was in Ch.110 I think...

Since I forgot whether this is licensed, so I won't post the images.
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 15:43   Link #70
Fruitfly

Quote:
I was thinking of the hayate's thought in volume 4 during the confession.
But then again, you can look at it of a remembrance of his duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
Popularity contest was in Ch.110 I think...

Since I forgot whether this is licensed, so I won't post the images.
I think popularity contest pages are only printed in the weekly or whatever magazine. Volume books don't have those. So maybe it'll be okay if you do post it cuz i don't think it is printed in neither of viz's magazines.
Old 2007-04-09, 18:33   Link #71
LCeh

I would love to give you guys the list of the characters, but unfortunately I don't know the english names of the characters.

It says in the first post that it's licensed, so I am not too sure whether posting scanslations of it is within the rules anymore. I however gave Mentar info about the poll, so if he knows the english names of the characters, maybe he can give us the results of the poll in english.
Old 2007-04-12, 12:10   Link #72
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
About romance and volume 10 ...

Spoiler:

I think you are just wrong here; being nagi's maid is superficial at best. There are any number of things that could be done to avoid this obscale. You are just trying to negate marie's potential because you want Hinagiku; theres nothing wrong with that. You are welcome to your opinion. But saying that maria chances are out the door because Hayate is Nagi's butler is very foolish. If you notice the relationships in harem type anime that ahve the MOST obscales are often the ones that comes to pass. (DC.Dapo, Magikano, Suzuka) Of course this is assuming there isn't a vague ending which you often get in these types of anime.

I won't comment on the current relationship dynamic (i am a maria fan) but i have only read up to vol 7. So that could change.
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 01:28   Link #73
Fruitfly

I have to say volume five's artwork is a lot better than volume four. I wonder if it does get even better in later volumes.

After reading chapter 52, if Hinagiku keeps that smile and those sparkles up, she might end up being my favorite too.
Old 2007-04-13, 05:20   Link #74
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I think you are just wrong here; being nagi's maid is superficial at best. There are any number of things that could be done to avoid this obscale. You are just trying to negate marie's potential because you want Hinagiku; theres nothing wrong with that. You are welcome to your opinion. But saying that maria chances are out the door because Hayate is Nagi's butler is very foolish.
Oi oi, peace in our times ^_^

Personally, I believe that Maria has an extra handicap, because if she were to end up with Hayate, Nagi would lose BOTH of the most important persons in her life at the same time. That's quite a hurdle, and it's slightly tricky for me to see this happen. Not impossible, but very hard.

I _could_ see a very very longshot possibility that Nagi might develop an interest in someone else, especially when she realizes that her crush has been one-sided over a very long time without her noticing. Almost impossible, but - well, a spark to keep the interest alive.

Maria is her surrogate mother. We remember Nagi's outburst for thinking for just a second that Hayate might develop an interest in her. And Maria herself continually prods Hayate to better himself for NAGI'S sake...

Bottomline, it's still a comedy, albeit with developing romance elements. A Hayate-Maria pairing would be a terrible double blow to Nagi and would require ALOT of preparation. Even more than a Hinagiku-Hayate linkup. That's what I wanted to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly
After reading chapter 52, if Hinagiku keeps that smile and those sparkles up, she might end up being my favorite too.
Well...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mentar; 2007-04-13 at 08:27.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 10:35   Link #75
Erawyn

Hi, longtime lurker of this thread (and forum ) here. Just finished reading volume 10, and some of my thoughts:

Although Nagi is yearning for something more, she is totally out of Hayate's radar , like said above, she's important to him, but Hayate doesn't see her in that way. She is more like his sister the way i see it. I don't think Nishizawa stands a chance either, so far she's been more of a side character purely for comedy (perhaps except the scene on valentines day) At first i did actually think it was going to be Hayate/Nagi, but now i doubt it. In the later volumes it seems much more time is spent more on other characters, while Nagi is portrayed somewhat like a child

So far i think Hinagiku is leading the race (with Maria tailing close behind) especially after that scene where they are both overlooking the scenary on her birthday. Is it me or does everyone except for Hinagiku seem a bit quirky in their own way. Hmm perhaps it's my bias view Anyway, can't wait till volume 11
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 18:06   Link #76
Sakuyakun

Hinagiku indeed has the upper hand, specially with that beautiful scene.
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 23:49   Link #77
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Oi oi, peace in our times ^_^
Maria is her surrogate mother.
At 4 years older? Stranger things have happened...

...but I saw the relationship more as a big sister.
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 12:21   Link #78
LCeh

Chapter 123

That was purely a Hayate x Nagi chapter. It does make me wonder whether the mangaka is going to go with the original pairing or some other ones. IMO Hayate's feeling for Nagi still hasn't changed, and Nagi surely is very important to him, but how much of that is a sense of duty, or brotherly love, or romantic feelings, we are still not sure yet. It will be interesting to see how the mangaka develops the relationships later on.

There were barely any jokes in this chapter either. I guess the mangaka felt that it might be inappropriate to pull jokes when talking about Nagi's mother. This gives me some hope that this series is not just a silly one, but one that knows when to take itself seriously when needed to.
Old 2007-04-17, 08:12   Link #79
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Chapter 123

That was purely a Hayate x Nagi chapter. It does make me wonder whether the mangaka is going to go with the original pairing or some other ones. IMO Hayate's feeling for Nagi still hasn't changed, and Nagi surely is very important to him, but how much of that is a sense of duty, or brotherly love, or romantic feelings, we are still not sure yet. It will be interesting to see how the mangaka develops the relationships later on.

There were barely any jokes in this chapter either. I guess the mangaka felt that it might be inappropriate to pull jokes when talking about Nagi's mother. This gives me some hope that this series is not just a silly one, but one that knows when to take itself seriously when needed to.
Nagi's mom was still wearing Shiori of Kanon's plaid stole, though
Old 2007-04-22, 23:05   Link #80
Eichan
Explosive Magical Girl

I'd always been a fan of Nagi x Hayate, personally. But the more I read, the more I like Maria. >.>;

As much as I like Hinagiku as a character, she seems (to me) to be thrown into the mix of things. Usurper~

Hot damn. Hayate makes a pretty cat/bunny girl.

Tags
comedy, shounen