AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2013-10-20, 18:38   Link #33141
ALPHA-Beatrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
^a lot of your red truths need "...after having the room sealed for the first time" attached to them.
Edited as suggested, but I think you understand my timing argument right?

At the time Erika was busy committing the murders. Because she had forsaken the detective's authority, anything around her and during that time could have done anything at all without her knowing.

In short, it wasn't a perfect closed room until Erika stepped in.

If Erika were to refute this and we were debating, I'd ask her to repeat this:

'you killed them instanteously' or 'That it was impossible for Kanon to enter the room before Erika does.'
ALPHA-Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 20:20   Link #33142
GuestSpeaker

Quote:
This truth is doubtlessly true even outside the catbox. Examples given are, the existence of a Beatrice in Kuwadorian in 1967, that there are no more than 18 people on the island, both from EP3, and that Natsuhi was sitting all alone in the rose garden from EP5.

How sad, I suppose Kinzo never really did trust Natsuhi not even once.
GuestSpeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 22:28   Link #33143
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
How sad, I suppose Kinzo never really did trust Natsuhi not even once.
Well, it doesn't necessarily mean he didn't like her at least
He didn't even trust his own children further than their own shadows...if probed with Red Truth, the only person he really TRUSTS would probably be Genji. The part of Kinzo Bern was torturing Natsuhi with was centrally about trust in the sense of giving her the One-Winged Eagle.

But it's still kinda sad...
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 07:20   Link #33144
GuestSpeaker

I think the true moral of Umineko is that Kinzo was a really terrible human being in like 95% of the ways that matter.
Old 2013-10-21, 15:26   Link #33145
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Even if that's true, it's probably not the moral of the story since he's a non-entity for pretty much every non-backstory part of it.
Old 2013-10-21, 15:34   Link #33146
Drifloon

Well, he's not physically there, but you could certainly argue that it's his influence on all the other family members, and on Yasu, that's at the root of all the problems at the family conference.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 19:44   Link #33147
haguruma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
Well, he's not physically there, but you could certainly argue that it's his influence on all the other family members, and on Yasu, that's at the root of all the problems at the family conference.
Though if you absolve the family members of their flaws by extension of Kinzo, you could also say that he simply became the man he was because of him being forced into a life he hated, a marriage with a woman he didn't love and was incapable to ever realize even one of his dreams.

Yes, Kinzo was very likely on the one hand a horrible person, but also very much a product of his environment.
Old 2013-10-21, 21:48   Link #33148
GuestSpeaker

I think you can blame a lot on his environment, but building his family home on top of a bomb and the home of his mistress outside of its radius is pretty cruddy
Old 2013-10-22, 00:55   Link #33149
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

The only evidence we have of Kinzo having knowledge of the bomb is in the Forgeries, so maybe we can blame the authors' perception of Kinzo :P Also, we have no confirmation that there was a mechanism to control the bomb in the Golden Land.

Is it possible that Kinzo really didn't know about the bomb in R-Prime and that it was truly an accident? Can you screw up that badly as an landowner? I mean, Krauss went years without noticing anything suspicious...
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 07:48   Link #33150
GuestSpeaker

Krauss probably did know about Kuwadorian since he had that fly-over audit, the rest was all underground I assume. He was never really alive that long to talk about it.
Old 2013-10-22, 09:14   Link #33151
haguruma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
Krauss probably did know about Kuwadorian since he had that fly-over audit, the rest was all underground I assume. He was never really alive that long to talk about it.
Unless the manga makes an argument in another direction I'd assume though that Krauss did not know about the underground explosives. Access was probably blocked off not only from the entrance close to the chapel but also from the Kuwadorian side.
At least Krauss and Rosa did know about Kuwadorian, but the underground tunnels are a completely different story depending on how well they were hidden.

The argument of living somewhere for a long time does not exactly count as an argument. I lived my whole childhood above an old WWII bunker system possibly connected to the cole mining company that existed directly next to my childhood home from before the war to before I was born. The entrances had been walled shut and I always assumed that they must have filled it all up, but who knows.
Old 2013-10-23, 05:54   Link #33152
GuestSpeaker

I may have been unclear, I was saying that I believe that Krauss knew about Kuwadorian and NOT the underground stuff, so we are likely in agreement.

Krauss would never have left his family on top of a pile of explosives, but he potentially would have known about his dad's secret hideaway and not said anything to Natsuhi (after all, he has done it before with the gold). He probably had the place checked out and knows it is empty, so never brings it up as a potential place for someone on the island to be hiding.
Old 2013-10-23, 17:49   Link #33153
jjblue1

No idea if the manga will give more info about the explosives but I like how its scenes are much more filled with emotions and give the characters much more deep.
When Ange cries out her pain at Beato, Beato thinks back at how she too suffered while in the visual novel she's just trying to be wise, adult and all knowing.
It's also good how Erika trashes Battler in a duel of red and blue about the current mystery of Umineko instead than just having the two of them fighting on closed room murders.
I also like how Beato catches Battler, resquing him from the goats, in a scene that reminds me of the killer fan.
And I really want to see the full episode and not just random pages because I've gotten curious about the message bottle Ange read as there was not such scene in the visual novel...
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 07:07   Link #33154
GuestSpeaker

So like a good little fanboy I have been ordering the umineko manga and giving Ryu more of my sparse amounts of cash, and I was so excited to get to the first red truth battle.

Except it isn't red truth, it's bold font. Was the colour just changed in the online versions, or did the Japenese fanbase actually get red?

This is not a red truth
This is a red truth
Old 2013-10-25, 13:00   Link #33155
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Huh, you're right. I'm not a big fan of the ep 2 manga art, so I didn't read the whole thing through. But Yen Press really is only using bold text, not red text. It looks really silly that way. "From now on, WHEN I SPEAK THE TRUTH, I WILL USE BLACK BOLD CAPS." Unconvincing.

I'd been under the impression that the Japanese release uses real red text, but I can't confirm it.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 15:44   Link #33156
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I'd been under the impression that the Japanese release uses real red text, but I can't confirm it.
It doesn't.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 16:11   Link #33157
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Scanlations changed it to red with image manipulation. Red ink is effin' expensive for manga printing, you guys.
Old 2013-10-25, 16:30   Link #33158
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Going from B&W to any form of color would be wicked expensive, yes.

---

In completely unrelated news, I still sometimes keep thinking about this stuff.
Spoiler for Red Truth, The Baby, Yasu's Lack of Self:
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 17:31   Link #33159
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

That would also tie up the issue of when (or if) Beatrice 2 actually conceived, and if she already had, why she didn't show any consideration towards the child when Rosa took her out.

Gosh, that really explains a lot of things.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:01   Link #33160
Wanderer
Goat

Regarding Erika solving the logic error... I have and have read all 3 volumes of EP8 that have been released here in Japan, but that scene has yet to happen. Volume 3 ends when Ange realizes that "The Book of One Truth" is in the chapel, which happens before Battler and Erika have their logic duel. The back pages of volume 3 also say that volume 4 comes out in December.

So, I'm confused.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote