AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-03, 12:51   Link #3541
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Actually you can make a decent argument how Ainz's actions thus far can paint him in a positive light. If you have no knowledge of his actual identity, most of the things he's done up to v3 (can't comment on untranslated volumes) have been rather "heroic" in their results. The major events of the first three volumes prevented the slaughter of hundreds, possibly thousands of lives as well as subjugating bandits not above raping kids.

I mean yeah he's an undead lich overlord, but it's pretty ironic how his supposedly evil acts have the side effect of making him look like a hero.
He appears heroic mostly due to how horrible the world actually is, from our point of view. The medieval ages that the world Ainz landed into, and a fair amount of fantasy is based on, was not a good time to be alive, at least from our standards.

A lot of what Ainz does is informed by our modern logics, specifically managerial from the terminology he uses as a former salaryman; which although may be heartless at times, isn't as overtly genocidal or bigoted as those in the past. Ainz is a pretty rational figure operating in a irrational world. He's 'evil' in a sense, but 'business-evil.' Everything he does has a purpose, he's not just committing 'bad' acts just because 'evil;' the tomb is the 'firm' he is responsible for, and he is focused on acting in the tomb/company's best interests.

Last edited by LystAP; 2015-05-03 at 13:05.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 15:12   Link #3542
Draco421

that maybe true, but that is comparing it to human and apes as time frame, if using the Novel RE:monster as an example, where goblins only need 3 days to reach fighting strength after their births, then if the experiments can give similar results ainz might follow this path to lessen the strain on the tombs resources.
Draco421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 01:03   Link #3543
human6861

Unlike re:monster , the things happen are just few line mention. So depend on how author hand it in future , it may become good or bad.
But i don't ready like those things put on the story .
When i know Ainz is a skeleton with no boner , i ready thankful that the novel seem focus on adventure and other stuff instead of harem build. That's why i keep follow this novel .

Personally , i think the breeding ranch using human is bad move of the author (or the editor , cause in web novel , author don't use it).

I don't see the point using human as mother , because they are weak and easy to broken.
This move only mean to create unnecessary attention.
I think the editor feel like Nazarick's citizen not evil enough.

When you said about horror and evil , i like to see how sanity drop and human turned to the natural .
Devil act evil is just unnecessary.
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 05:08   Link #3544
Breimoon

I think you are confusing something. They don't simply use female humans, they use both male and female of all the races they can think of. And in some case while male of race X and female of race y produces sterile offspring, inversing "could(still rare)" produce offspring capable of reproducing.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 10:51   Link #3545
LKK

Thread closed for review.

Edit: The review is done. Several posts were removed. Thread is now open.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 02:49   Link #3546
jpidz69
Not a Perv but an Artist.

in what volume did they mention and describe the ranch?
jpidz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 08:27   Link #3547
EgoisticLily
Coffee Drinker

oh so it's saturday again, now volume 4 seems like a boring story just because it doesn't have mr. bones...but let's continue reading and see where it goes
EgoisticLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 10:00   Link #3548
IndexOfIdeas

Is it just me or the overlord hype have waaaaaaaayyyyyy gone downnnnnnn?

Mahouka, Overlord, Arifureta, Ark, LMS, SHieldBro

PM me if u can recommend me to some good light novel that are already fan translated thank u
IndexOfIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 10:06   Link #3549
real123

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndexOfIdeas View Post
Is it just me or the overlord hype have waaaaaaaayyyyyy gone downnnnnnn?
Probably because all the recent quiz novels
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 10:23   Link #3550
IndexOfIdeas

Its like a ghost town here to quite!

PM me if u can recommend me to some good light novel that are already fan translated thank u
Old 2015-05-09, 11:15   Link #3551
EgoisticLily
Coffee Drinker

well we have 178 pages full of discussions already, unless there's new content in the volume 9 spoilers we don't have anything to discuss....and also the lack of spooky ainz in volume 4 is making this thread dying
EgoisticLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 11:19   Link #3552
Basty

1 part a week yeah ... not much to discuss
Basty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 11:32   Link #3553
human6861

Yeah , unless someone pick the WN and start doing translate , but are there any point to do 2 versions ?
Old 2015-05-09, 11:50   Link #3554
Ghoststaker

Translations will be slowing down due to some of us having like... RL stuff to do. For one thing I flew off to the USA so I got to deal with 15 hour time differences from some of the other editors / translators xD
Old 2015-05-09, 13:35   Link #3555
Namorax

It's not like any of us live in the same timezone at all.^^
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 05:24   Link #3556
Basty

now i want a cocktail lol
Basty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 08:35   Link #3557
IndexOfIdeas

No ill intended its just its gone too quite thats why i ask

Old 2015-05-10, 12:41   Link #3558
human6861

It's surprise that a novel without harem or romance develop get nearly 180 page.
The speed is low and most of thing ready get spoiled , so we run out of things to talk about .

I ready wait for vol 9 to see how things turn out.
Demigure's plan don't sound good at all.

Also vol 4 don't have much plot relate , it kind of side story , vol 5-6 have more thing to talk about.
Old 2015-05-10, 15:37   Link #3559
Namorax

Well, if you want things to discuss:

How are whole Guilds (Meaning Guildbase, NPC's, all its stored items and ever Member that is online when it happens) sent into this new world?
And more importantly: WHY?

If you follow the spoilers, (spoiler alert ;D) you will be aware of multiple hints that indicate Ainz wasn't the first "player" to arrive in this world, even if its possible that he's the first one who did so as without any other guildmembers.
Chances are there is a possible plot running in the background, seperate from the Floor Guardians' "We want Ainz to praise us and stay with us so lets conquer the World!" plot and Ainz' "I just wanna find my mates, I don't want to rule the world!" subplot.

Currently, I wonder if the lore background of YGGDRASIL the game somehow influences the New world, and I don't mean it in the way Ainz noticed (what with classes, Items skills, etc...)
IIRC, the game stated that there are multiple worlds around, and every single one of them symbolised as a leaf on the tree Yggdrasil... the game stated that the "players" were supposed to prevent a nameless beast from destroying/eating the leaves of Yggdrasil, thus saving the Worldtree and so on.
Does anyone think the current new world could actually be a "new" leaf of Yggdrasil?
From the way I understand it, the game YGGDRASIL had the 9 realms from nordic mythology where the players could do whatever they wanted.
You could say they were already travelling from "leaf" to "leaf". I kinda like the idea that this new World (it REALLY needs its own name, how come these people never once mentioned the name of their world in 8 whole volumes and a WN?), but unless we finally get a hint to who's the "final boss" its only speculation.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 20:13   Link #3560
human6861

It pretty interest when you talk about "final boss" sadly even WN wasn't that far .
But the "new leaf" it ready possible . because the Yggdrasil system still work on new world.

As for why the whole guild get send to new world
Spoiler for why:

He once said if the item get destroy , the whole guild will be destroy . So It mean the staff is the guild itself . That's why the whole guild get send .
Think about 8 Kings and they flying castle (basically guild base) , the hint is they also have guild weapon.

I also want to talk about why Ainz get send to new world , it seem like the system try to gather the world class item instead of summon "heroes".
At less , everyone relate to Yggdrasil player until vol 8 have world class item
The 8 kings have at lest one (the book)
The 6 gods have at lest one (the dress)

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination