AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-23, 00:19   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 558 (manga)

Okay, spoilers are a go! However, only the pics are out:

-The ministory involves Brooke playing a song that seems to make EVERYONE present show off their undergarments (amusingly enough, Brooke is still referred to as "Satan" here ).

-Luffy and co. are fighting in the war. Ivankov is fighting against Kuma. Interestingly enough, Iva says that he's an acquaintance of the Shichibukai and is aware that he needs to keep up his image, though he still doesn't appreciate getting attacked by him.......

-Luffy fights against the marine captain Hina. It then seems like he goes up against one of those giant VAs, who he KO's with a Gear 3 attack. He shouts out that he'll risk his life to rescue Ace, whether his brother likes it or not. Whitebeard tells Marco to protect Luffy.....

Heh, so it looks like Kuma being one of Dragon's men has been all but confirmed now! I'm actually surprised to see that Luffy fights against Hina this chapter, though this actually kinda makes sense (after all, they never did have a proper battle in Alabasta). Maybe this also means that rematch between him and Smoker is looming closer, as well......?

By the way, I guess Whitebeard's command ensures that Marco will be the one to back Luffy up in case any of the admirals start to give him any trouble (because Luffy sure as hell isn't capable of taking any of them on now). Hmm, it shouldn't be too much longer before we get the full contents of the chapter, methinks.....
Old 2009-09-23, 00:29   Link #2
andy

looks like luffy just zoom pass hina , he then takes out a giant . He going all out . Also if he runs into trouble in seems WB got his back by sending marco . So luffy can go all crazy as he wants.

Kuma having something to do dragon i think there were a lot of hints for people to pick up on that .
Old 2009-09-23, 00:41   Link #3
marvelB

Honestly, I find it funny to see that we get this scene between Iva and Kuma after we JUST had this discussion about the whole "Kuma is a rebel" theory in the previous chapter thread. So yeah, like I said, Kuma being a part of Dragon's inner circle has been as good as confirmed at this point. Now all we need is for Dragon himself to appear at Marineford to seal the deal......
Old 2009-09-23, 00:55   Link #4
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Nothing surprising there about Kuma. Dragon did a good job of inserting him into the Shichibukai, and let him get a good power up with the help of Vegapunk. Now, if he becomes honest to his actual goals, that will only let others change sides too, starting with Boa. And if Whitebeard's side appears to be stronger, Doflamingo may also attack some from the WG side. Moria can escape at any second, so I don't really care what he does.

Interesting line from WB: Don't let that boy die! (Can that mean, in WB pirates, don't let him die even if you had to sacrifice your life at the end?...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Honestly, I find it funny to see that we get this scene between Iva and Kuma after we JUST had this discussion about the whole "Kuma is a rebel" theory in the previous chapter thread. So yeah, like I said, Kuma being a part of Dragon's inner circle has been as good as confirmed at this point. Now all we need is for Dragon himself to appear at Marineford to seal the deal......
If he appears, we may also get to see other members of the Straw Hat crew as well. At the least, Robin was with them. And Dragon should be aware of where they had gone. So, uniting them in this kind of place would be a nice surprise.
Old 2009-09-23, 01:38   Link #5
tsunade666

I doubt about robin but maybe ussop. Among the crews ussop is the only near on the site. The others are blown outside of the grandline.... though I'm not sure anymore. I kinda forgot most of it. Wait I think zoro is around grandline too but his badly wounded to appear here.
Old 2009-09-23, 01:54   Link #6
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Robin was saved by Dragon's army, so she should be with them.
Old 2009-09-23, 02:00   Link #7
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Dude....Dragon appearing here would be like the most O.O moment even though it could be speculated already. The one who saves Ace? Dragon. :]
Old 2009-09-23, 02:14   Link #8
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Dragon's army's main pieces are currently there helping Luffy, directly or indirectly. And it won't hurt to have a few more. Robin and others getting saved by the revolutionaries and brought to the fight does not necessarily mean Dragon has to attend the event himself.
I have never said Dragon = His army.
Old 2009-09-23, 02:56   Link #9
andy

Well almost the whole chapter is out , some story with ace wanting luffy to go back so he don't get hurt , WB hearing about the WG plan thinking it's a trap . O shit now the whole world know luffy is dragon son . Luffy name going to be huge after this war . Also seem like moria bring back some dead people to life , which show there have been deaths so far , no big names but still. Then jinbei use sea water and kill them all lolol.

Last edited by andy; 2009-09-23 at 03:17.
Old 2009-09-23, 03:26   Link #10
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

so its confirmed that iva&kuma know each other and now facing each other just to keep the big plan on the track...

well as we thought before luffy will ended up tagging up with NG div. commander, it will be a rough battle hope oda do it better this time...

is there any sight of smoker...I bet he will jump in the party when luffy and marco ended up meet one of the admiral...

..next issue to wait...
buggy ball in action!
Old 2009-09-23, 03:29   Link #11
marvelB

Geez, Hancock says that she doesn't care that Luffy is the son of a devil......

Anyway.... hoo boy, things are even nuttier now that the whole world knows Luffy's identity. I also like how half of the Shichibukai are surprised about this info, and the other half just plain don't care (well, Kuma probably DOES care, but seeing as he's pretty much expressionless all the time....). Also, I find it pretty funny that Sengoku has to shout to his men to not let Luffy's presence change the tide of the battle. I know that he knocked out that one giant VA, but I hope that Luffy is at least matched up against a non-fodder VA like the Buster Call guys or John Giant or something......

By the way, it was great to see that Moria actually DID bring some zombies to the fight, even if they were quickly taken out by Jinbei. *Sigh* There goes my dream for zombie Pacifistas......
Old 2009-09-23, 03:54   Link #12
andy

Quote:
Geez, Hancock says that she doesn't care that Luffy is the son of a devil......

Anyway.... hoo boy, things are even nuttier now that the whole world knows Luffy's identity. I also like how half of the Shichibukai are surprised about this info, and the other half just plain don't care (well, Kuma probably DOES care, but seeing as he's pretty much expressionless all the time....). Also, I find it pretty funny that Sengoku has to shout to his men to not let Luffy's presence change the tide of the battle. I know that he knocked out that one giant VA, but I hope that Luffy is at least matched up against a non-fodder VA like the Buster Call guys or John Giant or something......

By the way, it was great to see that Moria actually DID bring some zombies to the fight, even if they were quickly taken out by Jinbei. *Sigh* There goes my dream for zombie Pacifistas......
Moria did not bring any zombies they were the dead people from the battlefield
Old 2009-09-23, 05:48   Link #13
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

This has set it up for Dragon to appear. I've said it from the start Dragon would come and I'm absolutely certain he will now. Why else introduce Ivankov and now Kuma as a double-agent??

This chapter is amazing.
Old 2009-09-23, 06:40   Link #14
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Who is Hina again?
Old 2009-09-23, 07:07   Link #15
Vree

Quote:
-Luffy and co. are fighting in the war.
I'm telling you, it's not a war xD

Call it "boss battle".
Old 2009-09-23, 07:43   Link #16
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Who is Hina again?
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Hina

Long story short, an old friend of Smoker, has a Cage fruit, has Jango (from Kuro's crew back from Usopp's home island) and Fullbody (the guy Sanji beat up whe he was introduced on Baratia) serving under her (pretty much the same way as Garp has Coby and Helmeppo). She arrived late to the Alabasta arc so instead of Luffy & co she chased the fleeing remains of Baroque Works.
Old 2009-09-23, 08:57   Link #17
tsunade666

I lost track about robin due to the point I often skip the first or title page and into the story itself.

while rereading it. I completely forgot about sanji going totally broken..... poor guy.

I doubt dragon will show up because it will lead to an overwhelming advantage on the pirate side or rather its decided who will be the winner. I'm just saying that dragon is equal to a whole fleet of pirates. I mean he blow wind in the entire city just to rescue luffy in louge town. And his the most notorious among the pirates. World class criminal we can say his on the level of the 4 emperors or at least.

I wish a more exciting battle so if oda decide to show dragon I think its not the right time yet but if oda decide to entirely crush WG then fine. But I will find it dull or empty.
Old 2009-09-23, 09:30   Link #18
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
I'm telling you, it's not a war xD

Call it "boss battle".

It is a war . No one even has a set enemy yet , attacks are being carry out by both parties with people fighting in the back ground on both sides. Even is this chapter luffy tries to get to ace ,while others try to stop him . He get's pass some of them by his self with others in back ground help him from enemy attacks.
Old 2009-09-23, 10:26   Link #19
marvelB

Yeah, fact is, we've got a good majority of the world superpowers duking it out right now, and the chaos will eventually spread throughout the world, long after the dust clears from Marineford. Pretty much screams "war" to me, despite what others might say......

And yeah, I noticed that Moria said that the corpses were from those who died in the battlefield (hey, at least we actually have confirmation of people getting killed in this war now, right?). Really makes me wonder if this means that lil' Oars Jr. really DID bite the dust a couple chapters back. If so, then we might see the shadow man reanimating his latest toy soon.....

.....Y'know, I still sorta haven't given up on the idea of Luffy getting support from Comil (the VA from Ace's ministory, remember). He may have knocked out one of those fodder giant VAs, but there's still many powerful enemies in his path to Ace that a rookie like him definitely wouldn't be able to handle solo. And speaking of rookies, chances are that the marines won't view him as one after this whole ordeal is done with. After all the events of the last few storylines (attacking a world noble, breaking out of Impel Down, etc.), we're going to see the government taking Luffy a LOT more seriously from this point onward.........
Old 2009-09-23, 10:28   Link #20
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Honestly, I find it funny to see that we get this scene between Iva and Kuma after we JUST had this discussion about the whole "Kuma is a rebel" theory in the previous chapter thread.
Took the words right of my mouth!!!!!!!