AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-10-20, 09:33   Link #47241
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

You remind me of my brother, you know what? He tend to do the most stupid thing simply because no one has ever done it before. And that include twisting timeline and CC to the last drop.

Heck, I might even say that no CC is even better! My brother could had done a full war game from your plot and characters! - Directly quoting from him.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 09:38   Link #47242
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And I don't mean you are stupid. Quite the opposite in fact.
Old 2013-10-20, 09:50   Link #47243
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I consider myself crazy for going full OC route. I would probably expect the worst of the fandom... if they're even bothered to give Athena a read when it's up.

War Games, probably not with my characters. They still have a bit of CC spirit in them in the sense that they may be fighting life/death battles but they're still teens well on their way to adulthood and having them act beyond their age with an apocalyptic setting is quite depressing to say the least.
Old 2013-10-20, 10:11   Link #47244
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ever watch Kamen Rider Ryukki? That is what he mean a "War Game" - a Battle Royale!

That said, wavehawk has a good short on A.I that he wrote on Muv-Luv fanfiction thread yesterday.
Old 2013-10-20, 10:18   Link #47245
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I might look it up.

Also, I'll say these are major spoilers but if anyone's curious for hints/clues, probably obvious ones too, here's a link to a pdf file that shows the seven arcs in Athena:

Events Progression

Each arc has ten notable events, the reason why I'm split between writing 70 short chapters or 7 long, OVA-esque arc chapters. Bound to change, but probably not.
Old 2013-10-20, 10:53   Link #47246
demino_hellsin
That one guy

In the end, she never came home. Ichika wanted to talk. He wanted advice on what he should do. The yakiniku sprread he had prepared had to be put back in the freezer. In the end, he was alone again. He lay on his bed, thinking about the things that man had said, he thought about the things he desired for himself. There were many things to think about. In the end, he decided that even if his sister was there, he could not ask for her advice. That would be no different from how he always was. He had to decide on his own. So with a start, he bolted off his bed and tore open the envelope. This was something he had to do.

The next day found Ichika in the most unlikely of places, Shibuya. It was one of the busiest wards of Tokyo and was the hotspot for youths and troublemakers. He was out of place their with the pea coat in the middle of spring. Then again, people have dressed stranger.

"You came."

It was the same man, same suit and smile as well. He seemed a bit more haggard though.

"Things have been pretty busy lately.", the man waved away the unspoken question. "Everyone's doing their best these days but the numbers kee increasing.". The man produced a box of smokes and gave Ichika a look, "you mind?".

"Go ahead."

"Thanks."

Light flared out from the lighter sparks. It eventually settled into a steady stream of smoke rising from a single ember. "Anyway, I'm not here to take you out on a date or anything so let's get down to business. Follow me.".

Ichika watched the man move towards a specific alleyway with a careful gaze. He followed easily enough with both hands in his pockets. One of them holding his celphone just in case. Just because he showed up didn't mean he trusted the man. This whole thing was still shady.

"Tell me Orimura, how much do you know about the infinite stratos?".

"Hm? IS? Why ask about them?"

"Just tell me. How much do you know?"

"Not much."

"You at least know about the White Knight incident."

Ichika's eyes narrowed in suspicion. "I do, it was featured on the news. And its even written in the history books now."

"That incident happened roughly ten years ago. That was the time the Infinite Stratos was unveiled to the world. However, the IS was under development even before then."

"Just get to the point!"

"Orimura Ichika, do you believe that even for a second that there are only 467 IS in the world?"

"What?"

"So you don't know.", the man chuckled. "The one who created the IS is the only one who can build the key component of an IS, the core. That person is Shinonono Tabane."

"And?"

"Before she disappeared, she left behind exactly 467 cores which were distributed to the world."

The man paused to take a dee drag from his burning tobacco. "Now that you have the full story, let me ask again. Do you believe for even a second that there are only 467 IS in the world?"

This was an odd question was he implying that-

"There are more than 467 active IS in the world?"

"Bzzzzt wrong!", the man sang with a hearty laugh. "Man, gets the newbies everytime. Ofcourse there are only 467 active IS in the world. But there are more than 467 IS cores active in the world.

"What!?"

"There are more than 467 IS cores active in the world. Thus far, we've counted 1382."

"Wait-"

"What the government knows is nothing but a sham."

"Wait-"

"The world isn't what's being fed to you by the TV scree-"

"I said WAIT!"

The man stopped. Both of them stood in the middle of the alley. "What is it Orimura-kun?"

"What does all this have to do with changing the world?"

"Hmhmhm.... I was supposed to give you the talk first but you seem to be quite the impatient young man. So catch."

A glint of silver caught Ichika's eye. His hands reached out instinctively to catch it.

CLANK!

The object collided loudly with the plastic phone in his hand.

"This is...", Ichika stared down at the thing in his hands.

A shiny silver revolver stared him right in the face.

TAP TAP

The section of brick wall behind the man began to wiggle and shift, like the plates on a collapsible radar dish. Behind the wall became visible, the unimaginable inside. A single glowing object, resembling an hourglass stood in the middle and all around it were desks with people milling about. Men in suits were either sitting at the desk or delivering papers. Women were everywhere armed with all sorts of weapons on their person.

"Welcome to the Sephirot."

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-10-20 at 12:27.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 11:00   Link #47247
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I guess I came back too soon, I'll be back in two or three

Days? weeks?

I need aspirin
Old 2013-10-20, 19:52   Link #47248
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Zero: Meaning?

Also, any idea how to hide a Gundam/IS V-horn?
Old 2013-10-20, 20:07   Link #47249
DarkJak2050

Got some new ones.

Infinity Stratos Red Tyrant

Infinite Stratos Wings of Insanity
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 20:13   Link #47250
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'll wait until the chaos subsidizes

The only way to do it retractable fins, they're antenna anyway
Old 2013-10-20, 20:22   Link #47251
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@Fireminer

A forehead priece with a horn a la Unicorn maybe?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 20:31   Link #47252
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yeah, but the problem is with Dynames. Remember that its camera is right on top of the horn?

Or maybe I should just get Madoka and Chifuyu a custom Revive and Uchigane, while Dynames and Exia are for CB mission.
Old 2013-10-20, 20:52   Link #47253
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
You remind me of my brother, you know what? He tend to do the most stupid thing simply because no one has ever done it before. And that include twisting timeline and CC to the last drop.

Heck, I might even say that no CC is even better! My brother could had done a full war game from your plot and characters! - Directly quoting from him.
In what style?

Grim Dark Horror, Cynically Sour, Bittersweet, Sour-Sweet or Sugar-Coated?

My style always has been bland.... really bad problem since I find it difficult to make my sentences sounds exciting, they are mostly monotone.

Edit: Even if in AU, I believe that one should try to keep to their personality as much as possible (with a few changes due to different environment.)

Otherwise, it is a little pointless, if CC's personality is twisted beyond recognition, you might as well use OC (no differences).
Old 2013-10-20, 21:06   Link #47254
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post

Edit: Even if in AU, I believe that one should try to keep to their personality as much as possible (with a few changes due to different environment.)

Otherwise, it is a little pointless, if CC's personality is twisted beyond recognition, you might as well use OC (no differences).
Ditto! And having a hard time reading on the CCs personality is exactly why I decided for full OC cast.
Old 2013-10-20, 21:19   Link #47255
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Battle Royale - That make is extreme bloddy.

And my dialouge is also monotone, but I try to make it up with detail.

And yes, you are right about CC and OC. But let just say that my brother has a weird taste in twisting everything. Heck, his usual dream now is about Lucifer wining God in the Battle of Heaven.

And now he is going to bring it to IS. Don't know whether should I happy or affraid about this...

Anyway, why did you use PDF, Strato? I couldn't see it on mobile, unlike .doc files.
Old 2013-10-20, 23:16   Link #47256
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I thought anyone would have Adobe Reader by now. I hardly use M.soft Office at this point, transiting to OpenOffice.

On that note, I don't have issues viewing the file from my phone :/
Old 2013-10-20, 23:29   Link #47257
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Pss... I wrote directly on Google Docs.

Do you plan to finish arc by arc before publish?
Old 2013-10-21, 00:12   Link #47258
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

As of now, nope. Gonna make sure I finish the story before slowly publishing them.
Old 2013-10-21, 00:34   Link #47259
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And how long would it take? A year or two?

That's gonna to be very long, you know?

Oh well, I've seen some fics that continue for ten years, so patience is not a question!
Old 2013-10-21, 01:13   Link #47260
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Okay, Zero has his chapter 5... and I got new job training in a few hours... *falls asleep* ... get out of my brain, you Ichi-cest lime... #_#

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest