AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-04, 16:54   Link #161
Super Ska Master

I need it subbed, dammit! When is it coming out! >:O
Old 2006-10-04, 16:59   Link #162
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master
When you all stop whining and complaining. Seriously, you people are already worse than nartuards and its only episode 1. It's all a conspiracy to spite you.
Old 2006-10-04, 17:01   Link #163
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
When you all stop whining and complaining. Seriously, you people are already worse than nartuards and its only episode 1. It's all a conspiracy to spite you.

Inbou..............
Old 2006-10-04, 17:20   Link #164
Super Ska Master

At least we actually have taste, unlike the narutards. =P
Old 2006-10-04, 18:12   Link #165
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Thanks for generalizing. I'll have you know I've been waiting patiently.

And seriously SSM, chill out. Constantly asking when something will be finished subbing will not make it come out any faster. You're lucky this isn't an IRC channel, or you'd have been banned long ago.
Old 2006-10-04, 18:30   Link #166
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master
Please stop asking. Read this thread for more information:

-> Do NOT ask when the next episode will be released!

Eventually someone will come by and delete your posts if you keep asking. So please, don't ask when the Sub will be out. Just relax and watch something else.

Thanks. =^.^=
Old 2006-10-04, 18:40   Link #167
Jubalint
Timer and Stuff

Send a message via AIM to Jubalint Send a message via Yahoo to Jubalint
Me and a few friends are working on a sub of Death Note, mainly just for fun. I expect that by the time our (crappy) sub comes out, all the cool groups will already have made awesome subs Very Happy. However, it seems like a fun way to gain some experience.

So far it's me (doing encoding, typesetting, timing, and editing), a friend of mine's doing QC and editing, and my roommate who's Japanease is doing the translations for us (he doesn't speak all that good of english tho, so I feel that were gonna be doing some serious editing of his engrish ;D), so if anyone else is interested in translating that would be cool.

Anyway, what I'm wanting help with right now is finding the song lyrics for the opening and endings. I know they're probably somewhere REALLY obvious, but I sure as heck can't find any more info about them besides the artist and the song names (from the official site). I don't think were going to be doing karakoe (at least not until I figure out how to do it Razz) but it would be nice to at least have the translations. So if someone could point us towards the kanji, we'd be really greatful. That's it.

Also if your interesting in helping out feel free to contact me. My e-mail is alternity[ at ]gmail[ dot ]com, thanks alot guys Smile.
Old 2006-10-04, 19:09   Link #168
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Death Note (TV series)

nvm my post got moved

Last edited by guiltygearxt; 2006-10-04 at 20:20. Reason: Please SEARCH next time before creating a new thead. Thanks.
Old 2006-10-04, 22:59   Link #169
Lilith
Your average fangirl

I'm waiting patiently too~

Quote:
It's all a conspiracy to spite you.
Hahaha nice one! "Welcome to the Fanclub (of Death Note? XD)"~
Old 2006-10-04, 23:12   Link #170
CarpeDiem
Oha-Lucky~!

Being a big fan of the manga, I'm very pleased with how the Death Note anime came out. Perhaps I'm just being biased because I am a fan, but I think that Madhouse did a great job in producing this title. They did a really good job of setting the atmosphere of Death Note. The production values seem high in this series, so I'm expecting more great animation from it. Though it's only been one episode, I wasn't put off to the dialogue at all. I believe Madhouse was able to keep most of the core dialogue within series without boring the viewers.

Oh, and I really like the OP and ED.

I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for this one.
Old 2006-10-05, 01:10   Link #171
xxxButterfliesxxx

Send a message via AIM to xxxButterfliesxxx Send a message via MSN to xxxButterfliesxxx
Ummm...this may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if they're going to animate the entire series, as in all 12 of the manga, I mean why wouldn't they? And if they are animating all 12 manga then how many episodes would that be? Because I would love to see it all animated!^^
Old 2006-10-05, 01:24   Link #172
bluemist
i am the mist

The anime is slated for 37 episodes.

I keep pondering about the 37 episodes, and whether Madhouse will cover up only the first part of the manga or all of it.

37 eps. is kinda too long for 60 chapters (first part of manga) and kinda short for 108 (the entire manga). What do you think?
Old 2006-10-05, 01:32   Link #173
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

So far, it's hard to tell. It could cover 60 if they plan to drag out certain parts of the manga (( like Naomi Misora, damn there wasn't enough of her )), and increase the length of the Yotsuba Arc, but I don't think it's wise for Madhouse to adapt too closely to the manga's long explainations, thoughts and monologues. It's better if it was done slightly closer to the anime adaption of Yakitate Japan where they don't ignore the scientific values implemented in the bread, but they don't have a whole bunch of text telling what it is all about either.

I wouldn't mind seeing the tennis game played PoT style.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-05, 01:33   Link #174
Sakuya
*Artist

Maybe they'll "extend" the first part of the manga and create something original? Did a large majority of people dislike the second part? I know I did.
Old 2006-10-05, 01:37   Link #175
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I have no proven sources, but from what I've heard, unlike the overall criticism DN recieved over it's 2nd part around the Interweb, it's something that isn't prevailent in Japan.

Japanese fans apparently doesn't care so much about drop in quality unless it is something horrid (( Like HxH's horrible art after Togashi's sickness )).

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-05, 01:51   Link #176
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Japanese fans apparently doesn't care so much about drop in quality unless it is something horrid (( Like HxH's horrible art after Togashi's sickness )).
I'm not that far into the second part (somewhere in the mid-60s), but is there really a drop in quality, or do people just not like what happens?
Old 2006-10-05, 01:59   Link #177
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
I'm not that far into the second part (somewhere in the mid-60s), but is there really a drop in quality, or do people just not like what happens?
Let me put it like this. The current arc of Bleach doesn't look as hot as the SS arc. The current Naruto arc doesn't feel as intense and interesting as the Gaara/Sasuke arc. The previous arc of One Piece (( Davey Back )) has nothing on the Alabasta arc.

Death Note is said to have one of the most exciting starting arcs in any shounen manga ever. Hell, before the 2nd part started, people complained about the 2nd half of the 1st part, because it wasn't up to par with the 1st half, which was hailed as one of the very best, if not the best ways to start a manga. Most mangas start off mediocrely before sinking in, DN started with a blast.

So, when part 2 didn't live up to part 1's amazingness, people didn't like it. There were some other problems I could relate to as well, but overall, most people didn't like what they see. I liked it, but I could see 2 or 3 glaring problems in the 2nd arc too.

Old 2006-10-05, 02:23   Link #178
ceecee

Loved the OP! Totally fits within the Death Note theme.

I loved the manga but if I had not read the manga and watched the first ep I probably would think the series would be boring...not saying that the ep was bad or anything but I don't think it did a good job of making viewers want to watch it more...

Not that they need it though...Death Note is hugh in Japan right?

Dont know if this needs a spoiler tag but I'll just do it just in case...

Spoiler for pacing of anime compared to manga:
Old 2006-10-05, 02:44   Link #179
xxxButterfliesxxx

Send a message via AIM to xxxButterfliesxxx Send a message via MSN to xxxButterfliesxxx
Quote:
37 eps. is kinda too long for 60 chapters (first part of manga) and kinda short for 108 (the entire manga). What do you think?
I agree completly. But if they don't cover it all, where would they stop?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-05, 02:44   Link #180
Lilith
Your average fangirl

What Nightengale said is completely true. At least for myself, anyway. In Death Note's 1st part 1st half, I've never experienced such thrill when reading manga.

More importnantly, I request from everyone to stop talking about the manga. Even those little comments "I hated the 2nd part" and "wait until that happens" does spoil the mood. Please make this thread solely for the anime. Should you have any comparisions with the manga, kindly put them in a spoiler. Thanks.