5 out of 10: Below Average... 2 3.85%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 1.92%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-06, 00:50   Link #121
kakakka

About Zedas-R vs Age-1, there are also other factors that makes Age-1 takes the edge. Zedas might be fast, but only when it can utilize its flight mode. It can't in ground combat, which I remember is the case when it faced Asemu's Age-1. Also, Age-1 has more edge in close quarters combat. In Gen 1, Gundam couldn't take the Zedas because it flies away. The Spallow wear just gave the Gundam speed to chase the Zedas and fight it in its turf.

That said, Zedas is still a suit made for X-Rounders. And it is still then tuned further for pilot's accommodation. Eventhough it doesn't fully bring out Zeheart's skills, it shouldn't hinder him that much in getting the job done. Asemu is only a beginner, but to make Zeheart wish to use his full power (or beyond what he could with Zedas-R) does say something about Asemu's potential.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 01:26   Link #122
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I wouldn't say Asem was untrained. He did pilot other mobile suits in combat situations thanks to his school. Sure, inexperienced in actual military combat but by that third battle he knew what he was doing. Hell, thanks to the Zedas R's reaction time to Zeheart, he almost won that fight.

Where exactly was it said that the FLAT was given considerable upgrades, anyway? We only know it was given equipment to help Flit command in battle, and made so that it didn't need the AGE System to activate. Far as I know, there wasn't any actual combat upgrades installed to the FLAT during its conversion process. It's improvements had come from the AGE System beforehand.
They are still in basic military training at the time of the third fight, I doubt they had any serious (if any at all) training by that time. He may well have known what he was doing with the unit but with three total battles under his belt he hardly has any grounds on which to be compared to a battle veteran and toy soldier like Zeheart. The fact that he would push Zeheart to use magic beyond the limits of his machine, meaning that without magic he'd have gotten his head chopped off (or later get shot in the face by the AGE-2), doesn't inspire confidence in just how good he is as a pilot vs. just how broken being an X-Rounder is.

They said the AGE-1 was taken in to be upgraded such that it wouldn't need to depend on the AGE system and to support his new role. Perhaps I over extrapolated that they'd, now that its no longer being kept in a barn and maintained by three gardeners, probably also upgrade it to modern specs. It's a bit unbelievable that 25-years later, it would be THAT much better than the Adelles that are based on it, especially since Flit oversaw the construction of said Adelles even if they are a mass production unit. That said, its not like the Zedas didn't receive its own constant upgrades until achieve Zedas-R and later Zedas-M. Both units were upgraded constantly, it would be hard for me to believe that a decommissioned unit like the AGE-1 saw larger upgrades than an in-use Zedas-R.
Old 2012-06-07, 18:10   Link #123
ri.kenji
Lazy Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
Japanese is like Chinese and doesn't have a V right?
It depends on the variety of Chinese you're looking at. Many northern dialects have a lot more consonants (including V), and Middle Chinese had it. The Standard Mandarin dialect, however, does not have it. I believe Japanese never had it—not even F.
ri.kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 20:39   Link #124
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri.kenji View Post
It depends on the variety of Chinese you're looking at. Many northern dialects have a lot more consonants (including V), and Middle Chinese had it. The Standard Mandarin dialect, however, does not have it. I believe Japanese never had it—not even F.
Not true. The Japanese do have a "vu" (ヴ). The sound is of foreign origin but it does exist.

As for "f", the "fu" (フ) character is used to approximate the sound (though its more of a combination between "fu" and "hu").

Both can be combined with vowels to form other sounds. (ie ヴァ ヴェ ヴィ ヴォ ファ フェ フィ フォ)
Old 2012-06-18, 10:06   Link #125
ri.kenji
Lazy Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Not true. The Japanese do have a "vu" (ヴ). The sound is of foreign origin but it does exist.

As for "f", the "fu" (フ) character is used to approximate the sound (though its more of a combination between "fu" and "hu").

Both can be combined with vowels to form other sounds. (ie ヴァ ヴェ ヴィ ヴォ ファ フェ フィ フォ)
I'm quite aware of that, but it's use is quite restricted even when transliterating sounds with V. And most Japanese never pronounce it as such.
ri.kenji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion