Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-19, 18:40   Link #1
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Cyberpunk 2077

Quote:
CD Projekt have announced a title for their crazy-exciting cyberpunk RPG, based on the pen-and-paper game, er, Cyberpunk. That was set in 2020, a piddly eight years from now, but the Witcher devs’ upcoming epic will take place around fifty years later, which is probably why they’ve decided to name it Cyberpunk 2077. While they were at it, CDP also set up a Cyberpunk blog, and revealed a few more details about the game.
http://www.cyberpunk.net/blog/

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/19/cd...e-and-setting/

A great team to do one of my favorite genre's extremely excited, what does everyone think?

Old 2012-10-20, 14:27   Link #2
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

What do I think?

Let's see...

* The best rpg video developer kicking today? Check.

* Sci fi/cyberpunk? Check.

* Being told it'll be a mature story for adults from the makers of the two Witcher games? Check.

Verdict: This is pretty much, by far, my most eagerly anticipated game (well, if Witcher 3 ever gets an official announcement, then it might be a coin toss).

Now, that said, there are-for me-a few things to be wary about:

* Planned to be a sandbox. Frankly, I hate sandboxes. Not because they're sandboxes, but because pretty much every single sandbox ever made seems to think if they make a sandbox, there's no need for a compelling story. I've never understood why we can't have our cake and eat it. Since it is CD Projekt Red, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here, but that's a hell of a lot of gaming history concerning sandboxes that they'll be fighting against, and at least for me, if there isn't either a compelling story, or compelling dialog/characters, I'm generally not compelled to bother finishing a game.

* It's a new dev team, not the Witcher team. So, even though it's a CD Projekt Red game, it could be meaningless if the important members of this new team worked on games I thought were shit.

* As much as I love CD Projekt Red, and consider them the current it girl of rpgs (even if the rest of the world inexplicably seems to be on Bethesda's jockstrap), they made an obvious huge bend towards consoles with that horrible UI in Witcher 2. I have nothing against multi-platform games. I do, however, wish developers would spend the time to make a UI for consoles and the PC two completely separate beasts. It also hurt that CD Projekt Red, who has been almost legendary in their forthcomingness and brutal honesty, would cling to the very obvious lie that the Witcher 2 was developed 100% for the PC, with the console as a second-hand thought. The UI was proof of that lie. I abhor lies from video game developers, and especially ones that I love. That particular lie has kept me slightly jaded about future CD Projekt Red games and the company in general.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 15:43   Link #3
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I really liked the UI in Witcher 2. I thought it was good, didn't remotely seem like a console UI. Comparing it to other games UI like dark souls, the UI is godly .

I see your point about the sandbox and dev team, just have to see what happens. Have faith . I am sure they are going to put a lot of thought into the story.
Being able to customize your character in this game is awesome, I liked Geralt, but I would of liked the Witcher 2 a whole lot more if I was able to customize my character.
Old 2012-10-24, 16:13   Link #4
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/24/cd...ws-8-and-more/

More updates on the game. Best thing about the upcoming game is that it will most likely mod friendly.

Art:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-01-10 at 22:11.
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 16:17   Link #5
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I am really looking forward to this and I hope it will be awesome. I am in dire need of a new cyberpunk game after finishing DEHR for the fourth time. Sadly, since I don't play board games I'm not familiar with the source, but i am interested to see how their "Pen&Paper" RPG system will work out.

I am just really hoping it's more optimized than The Witcher 2... because otherwise my PC will burst into flames.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 16:31   Link #6
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/10/cy...us-cyborg-cop/

Fan scream, I can't wait
Old 2013-01-10, 16:32   Link #7
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Trying to suppress hype. Failing miserably.

I know it was just a teaser, but damn. I need more cyberpunk games after Deus Ex.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 16:38   Link #8
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/24/cd...ws-8-and-more/

More updates on the game. Best thing about the upcoming game is that it will most likely mod friendly.

Art:
Images
looks pretty COOL!
and mod friendly? count me in!
Old 2013-01-10, 17:49   Link #9
jedinat

So.. a Ghost in the Shell open world RPG? I'm game. I want to play the cyborg chick, not the cop guy.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 18:00   Link #10
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
As someone with a respectable collection of material for R. Talsorian's RPG I've got an eye on this; cyberpunk (and its close relative steampunk) are so far underrepresented in the RPG space, and I hope the team does the work proud. Granted that it's set some fifty years afterwards, it'll be interesting to see how things have unfolded.

On a lighter note, one cannot help but wonder what sorts of Easter Eggs we'll find tucked away in the game. To give you an idea, R. Tal's Mekton Empire setting had a transformable strikecraft called - I am not kidding - 'Ranma .5'...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 20:04   Link #11
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

The game will allow you to create/customize your own character. In need of more cyberpunk games at this time. Seeing as this game will be releasing into 2014.

Also they left a message http://i47.tinypic.com/2vlwccl.png I didn't see this just someone linked it in the article.

Last edited by Ak3mi; 2013-01-10 at 20:20.
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 22:08   Link #12
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
The game will allow you to create/customize your own character.
Well it is based off a pen-and-paper RPG, not giving us the option to create and customise characters would be blasphemy in that kind of situation.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 02:45   Link #13
killer3000ad

That trailer...........
Old 2013-01-11, 06:58   Link #14
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

CD PROJEKT ALL THE WAY !!! I'm really confident for this game after what they have done to The Witcher !

"Coming : When it's ready"

See , at least we know that it won't be an unfinished game !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 17:52   Link #15
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I hate that part, I don't want to wait But at least I will have something to play in the mean time, seeing as that secret message seems like Witcher 3 is near completion, and they want to announce it.
Old 2013-01-11, 19:45   Link #16
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

The trailer reminds me a bit of the Blade Runner movie.
Old 2013-01-12, 05:05   Link #17
Alchemist007
*Author

No one mentioned the hidden message?

Images

Quote:
Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so Yo may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. It's a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo-jumbo so let's begin!

First of all - have you noticed all the details in our teaser (yes, it's a teaser. We'll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting there are some things you can spot, like implants - look for the weapon hands and the real skin - corporate emblems that should look familiar and more. Happy hunting!

You're probably curious about the release date. It's currently scheduled a way off in 2015 but in truth the delivery date is more like "when it's done". We will release Cyberpunk to you when we're convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. We want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever - OK, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

Oh - and you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we're still building our dev team so if you are a talented dude or dudette willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools!) on a super ambitious project, send us your application right now! careers@cdprojektred.com

So you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen&paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now and we believe that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with an excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Mmm... We'll tell some more about it soon!

And that's not all that's new. We are about the reveal our other project which is much closer to being completed and yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about On the 5th of February it will all be clear.

So stay tuned as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!

We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called Afterlife - what other name could we have chosen for it?

CD Projekt RED Team
Here's hoping for a Witchery year!
Old 2013-01-12, 05:15   Link #18
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
No one mentioned the hidden message?
Actually someone did, but they didn't quote the entire thing like you did.

Quote:
Also they left a message http://i47.tinypic.com/2vlwccl.png I didn't see this just someone linked it in the article.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 07:45   Link #19
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I guess posting the whole message is a bit better then just linking it.
Its 99% Witcher 3.
Old 2013-01-15, 19:07   Link #20
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Whoa didn't noticed that hidden message in the image thanks.

Since a kid from the 90's. I've watched alot of old 80's and early 90's Cyberpunk animes.

Is this game based on an anime? As I recall there was an anime called Cyberpunk, but I could be wrong.

Tags
cyberpunk, rpg