AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-05-08, 07:58   Link #4101
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
^^; spray can...

Most refer to me as "her" so feel free to do whatever you want. I don't mind either way.

Well, at work right now, about to start. Hopefully I can do some of the Disney World fic today.

Page claim for.......
Spoiler for what.......?:

Last edited by Satashi; 2008-05-08 at 10:17.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 08:15   Link #4102
wanwan1203
Troublemaker

@lil-d01
yes yes let us by all means hide lest we be killed!!

@Satashi
*pokes head out of blankets*
Ok. I think I will be using "her" as well. whew glad to have that over with.

ooh.. Work.. and it's just starting? oh my, it's almost time for bed now from where I'm at. It's 9pm here.

alright i guess we won't be killed then!! *rejoices and gets scolded for not sleeping*

*wanwan's mom: sleep now stubborn child! sleep i say!* eep..
wanwan1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 11:25   Link #4103
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Hey look, it's another chapter! sorry it took a while.
Again, thanks to PhoenixG and Aaron008R for beta-reading!

To everyone who read, thanks alot, couldn't be doing this without you guys and gals. I read everyone's comments even though i might not have responded to them, i also tried to make it a bit more clear to avoid needless confusion. But if i didn't succeed in that, then i suppose that confusion is just a part of my personality.

links to chapters 1 and 2.

About formatting: Davrams lines are always preluded by an empty line, and i usually don't have another empty line afterwards. But when i have two people talking and neither TALKS LIKE THIS, i use empty lines to indicate that the person who's talking has changed.

anyway, around 5500 words like the last chapter as well, here it is:
Spoiler:
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 12:06   Link #4104
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanwan1203 View Post
Hello thread!! First off, I want to say hi to Satashi!!! I'm the one who posted the drinking game over at 4chan btw. (i decided to register anyway hehe) It's nice to know that you found some good advice amidst the obscene words and rage. Hope some of mine helped.

short introduction so as not to be rude:
I'm an avid fanfic reader (I am of the Shiznat fandom). uh yeah...

One day in February (IIRC) I read Saved by the Bell..then another Satashi fic..then another..then I got directed to this thread.. I became a fan.. then I read other nice fics from some of the authors here..and I have been lurking ever since, religiously checking for updates and new stories. And yeah, that's pretty much it..

uhm.. I'm not a writer.. I just love to read. I hope that's ok with everyone.. even though I can't contribute and whatnot, I mean.

The latest thread on 4chan gave me the needed push to register here so..yeah here I am. I'm looking forward to your works everyone!! Banzai!!!

(wooooh this is my first post ever LOL)
Oooo...we have a 4chan-er who has been corrupted decided to join us . Welcome to the FF thread. And don't forget to check out the very sane OC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
^^; spray can...

Most refer to me as "her" so feel free to do whatever you want. I don't mind either way.

Well, at work right now, about to start. Hopefully I can do some of the Disney World fic today.

Page claim for.......
Oh by Lilith...it begins again!!

*RUNS AWAY REALLY FAST*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post

To everyone who read, thanks alot, couldn't be doing this without you guys and gals. I read everyone's comments even though i might not have responded to them, i also tried to make it a bit more clear to avoid needless confusion. But if i didn't succeed in that, then i suppose that confusion is just a part of my personality.

About formatting: Davrams lines are always preluded by an empty line, and i usually don't have another empty line afterwards. But when i have two people talking and neither TALKS LIKE THIS, i use empty lines to indicate that the person who's talking has changed.

Spoiler:
Yay! Another installment has arrived!! Two new characters, too. It's interesting how you integrated the events to the destruction of Al Hazard. Be interesting to see what happen to our good ol' lich in the present
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 12:08   Link #4105
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
/forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=1541061#post1541061"]2[/URL].

I'm not going to tell you how to format your stories, but the "proper" way to do it is to only have one person speaking per paragraph, and each paragraph divided with a return. Since it bogs down printed ext and on-display, it has become acceptable to use two returns per paragraph.

Do it however you want, it's your story, but be prepared for people to point that out a lot to you.

....The bold really strains my eyes (but I wear glasses so maybe it's just me.)
Old 2008-05-08, 12:27   Link #4106
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Wha-

Satashi is a Meganekko?

MUST RESIST!

*Runs*
Old 2008-05-08, 12:33   Link #4107
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
....Goddamnit, Sata-nyan.

*beats head against desk*
Old 2008-05-08, 12:51   Link #4108
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

meganekko?

@Kagerou: lol!!!

Small guide to Dream Wing to help you with characters. I'm going to explain things along the way as well. Nanoha and Fate have to learn about things, so as they learn, the readers will as well.
Spoiler for Dream Wing:
Old 2008-05-08, 13:31   Link #4109
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
meganekko?

@Kagerou: lol!!!

Small guide to Dream Wing to help you with characters. I'm going to explain things along the way as well. Nanoha and Fate have to learn about things, so as they learn, the readers will as well.
Spoiler for Dream Wing:
Girl with glasses I think
Old 2008-05-08, 13:35   Link #4110
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Yes... MEGANEKKO

MUST... RESIST!

MUST... RESIST!

MUST... RESIST!

MUST... RESIST!

MUST... RESIST!

MUST... RESIST... MEGANEKKO CHARM...

MUST... RESIST... MOE...

MUST... RESIST... MOE...

MUST... RESIST... MOE...

*runs before he loses control of self*

And Yes... the planet where the Otome are is named "Earl"

And it's a Non-Administrated World.

and yessss~

I may procced once again with that Nano/Otome xover as well.

Simulpost perhaps?
Old 2008-05-08, 13:41   Link #4111
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Urr... Speedgaming through Ever17 was merciless (and tiring nontheless x.x). Best VN so far tho but the game can be a real pain to find

So, now after some time it's finally time for some backlog busting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
It appears I've written a new Tale from Hayate's house

Magical Babysitter lyrical... Vita?!

And yes it is based on that picture Evil Rick posted like six pages back.
I was waiting for the image that picture etched into my mind but, honestly, I'm glad that it didn't come true

Quote:
Only because the ultimate choice isn't a choice *shakes head sadly*

YUURO FOREVER!

Yes Yuuro is Yuuno and Chrono :3

Yuuno: Oh Chrono~ *moves in for a kiss*
Chrono: *Yuuno is REJECTED* No my love we must not
Yuuno: Why ever not?
Chrono: Because we have a bunch fangirls stalking us
Nanoha/Fate/Hayate: *hide cameras*
Hayate: Oh no no please continue
Nanoha: Just pretend we're not here
Fate: *blushing too heavily to speak*
Shiny crack is still just as good as always

(That voting didn't seem to catch too well )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkedcat View Post
A small tease of the next Landscaper!Fate

Spoiler for snip:

Got a ways to go on it but its getting done…

Edit: HAPPY 200!
Weee for Alice I don't know why but I think I like her more than Fate

Quote:
Oh and since people have asked about Angel and I watching this together......Here's basically how it went.
Spoiler for off topic:

*yawns* amazing how fanfic ideas hit you at the weirdest moments....

But this will be mainly around Nanoha and Fate, to keep it on topic.
Hmm... Any chance of getting Mercuvision of this?
A fluffy drawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
All right, I give. I missed a lot in my study week, definitely.

But all the same, I can't say I did nothing...

*whistles and drops his package*

It's got a bit too much OC in it, but there's still some familiarity in it, so yeah, well.

First Nanoha Fic Post. Hooray. Many happy returns. Though normally I'm pretty sleepy when I post this stuff

Spoiler for Title:

Spoiler for The Forgotten Wanderer:

Spoiler for INTERLUDE: The Hound and the Snake:

Spoiler for Blade of Omen:

Spoiler for Final Lines:

Spoiler for Author's notes::

And yeah, that's it...NOW I can get some sleep

New member Xena, last post god-knows-when...

Out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I only have notes for only one OC. THIS is Snake...http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=19379
And this is his spell list...(if you really need it)...http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=19453
Well done. I have very little idea of what's going on and I love that when I'm reading a story relying on plot.

You have to post more often if you're going to drop such things here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
<.< indeed...

Then again, I guess you should be happy that my first Nanoha fic attempt (that also kicked off the massive OC thread) was Auntie Nanoha at 40+ years old...

Yes like Lindy, she hasn't aged. In fact, its one of the reasons why I felt Nanoha looked old in StrikerS apart from really being old for a mahou shoujo... is because... 20 years later, she HASN'T CHANGED!

Hurraa from Khrack Logik. :3
Now that you mentioned it...

Quote:
Noteable changes:

Ages: 17
Ranks: Fate: S-, Nanoha: AAA+, Hayate: S
Fate: Enforcer
Hayate: Special Investigations Unit
Nanoha: Instructor
Main Focus: Nanoha/Fate. Natsuki/Shizuru.
Side Focus: Arika/Mashiro (Arika/Nina)....Side being side, as in see them in background. Maybe. Gotta think a lot.

6th mobile unit has not been created yet.

I decided to go with Otome crossover. Instead of what I posted before, I think it would be better to make them a little younger. After completing the series today I figured this would be the best. This doesn't take place at any point in time in Otome, but in a general school year there. All this and more will be given in the chapter itself. May have a small time twist depending if I want Arika and them around.

All suggestions welcome.
Not very minor chances but glad to know they are there so I don't have to ask it afterwards

Quote:
Spoiler for beginning:

That's what I have so far. Thoughts?
Agreed, the second version you did was better although this wasn't bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Hayate as an Otome....now that's sexy :3
Mmm... Lovely...

Quote:
I'm interested by how this will work out even after reading the ideas list I don't know how it'll work out. Though reading about Signum in an otome dress. That is something I'm looking forward to:3 And yay Yuuno and Chrono having a role (if only Zafira had one too xD)
Oh and by the way...
Typo alert!
Your actions have caused the Shafted to be used for something. Well done

Quote:
Redone to make it more.....believable. I like this version better

Spoiler for Version 2.0!:

Going to do the otome section of chapter 1 shortly and post it for approval/suggestions as well. After that I will combine the two with the other small things and then go about only releasing the teasers for each chapter.

Thanks to Sinwithin for lots of information about Otome that I needed for this ^^

Also thanks to TSS for Zafira love
Zafira is really growing into us, isn't he?

Neatly based the story. Looking forward to see more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Tom View Post
Satashi is being mentioned on 4chan in the /u/ boards again...seems we're not the only ones excited about the up coming Otome/Nanoha crossover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
I only gleaned one thing from that thread.

OC THREAD! SERIOUS. FUCKING. BUSINESS.
Well... they are right about that

Quote:
Not really a place I want to be mentioned.... (people tend to insult with no good reason there) Though I do feel flattered someone mentioned me. Thank you, whoever that was.

BTW, probably need to edit your posts. It's against the rules to link to pages with adult material.

Anyway, Dream Wing Otome starts:
Spoiler for Dream Wing, Otome section:

page claimed in the name of constructive criticism.
[Begin memory load: Mai-Otome.]

Mm... How did Mai end up in the academy?
And wasn't Natsuki the headmaster?

Could I get a background timeline for this 'side' as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Well don't get too irritated about it because another thread about you has been started. See?
Satashi bring a lot posts. I don't visit 4chan that often (for a good reason -.-) and that's pretty much in the top 5 of longest threads in there.

Grats to Satashi for that if nothing else

Quote:
Nothin' much to comment on... it's a pretty quiet day. But when I was looking at the comics Kereko posted on the image board I came up with this.

Spoiler for CHOOSE:
It's... so... intoxicating...

Quote:
Spoiler for about the above:
Cracky plot but didn't mind about reading it. Not my stuff so I'm not going to take it.

Quote:
Just for you
Spoiler for teaser? :p:

I got some really good advice from 4chan, and am going to try and incorporate it into Dream Wing. I hope it'll work out alright. (and I'm laughing a lot at the responses some of them say )
(good + advive + 4chan)/one sentence = DOES NOT COMPUTE

*Goes to read the thread again*

Quote:
Hello thread!! First off, I want to say hi to Satashi!!! I'm the one who posted the drinking game over at 4chan btw. (i decided to register anyway hehe) It's nice to know that you found some good advice amidst the obscene words and rage. Hope some of mine helped.

One day in February (IIRC) I read Saved by the Bell..then another Satashi fic..then another..then I got directed to this thread.. I became a fan.. then I read other nice fics from some of the authors here..and I have been lurking ever since, religiously checking for updates and new stories. And yeah, that's pretty much it..

uhm.. I'm not a writer.. I just love to read. I hope that's ok with everyone.. even though I can't contribute and whatnot, I mean.

The latest thread on 4chan gave me the needed push to register here so..yeah here I am. I'm looking forward to your works everyone!! Banzai!!!

Welcome to the FF thread. Do enjoy every bit of your time here

Quote:
Yeah I kinda noticed that too.. Satashi pulls most of the former lurkers from their hiding places, no?

*imagines lurkers dressed in mouse outfits being chased out of their mouse holes by an imaginary entity bearing a canister marked "Satashi".. and a warning on the label "Caution: Contains Satashi fics and lots of NanoFate fluff. Also contains deadly dose of Vivio."*

*lurkers screaming in the background. "EEeekkk!!! NOOooOooo~~ must. resist... arrrr!!!~~~"* Failed.

eh.. oO;;

that's how i felt..
Yeah, that's pretty much how it happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-d01 View Post
Huh? Does that mean I'll be killed too, since I like to call people I'm not sure of the gender, 'it'? And this spray can nickname is amusing...

Satashi brings more and more people to this thread huh...=D
Everybody is a woman until proven otherwise

Quote:
Page claim for.......
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......

Quote:

Spoiler:
Awww... The lich is such a goodie. Helping bears Who cares about interdimensional ruptures

The Tower has been really interesting and captivating so far. All your OC's seem to be interesting, but you still haven't introduced The Wall C'mon, who doesn't want tsundere tower?

Quote:
Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses...
Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses... Glasses...

Satashi is meganekko?
Sam the Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 13:45   Link #4112
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Yay! Another installment has arrived!! Two new characters, too. It's interesting how you integrated the events to the destruction of Al Hazard. Be interesting to see what happen to our good ol' lich in the present
Thanks for reading, and yes, new characters! Won't be introducing many more though, since present time is almost on us, though i might think up one or two more once we reach present.
As for integrating, i've integrated a whole lot more than just al hazred, but much of that happens out of sight, or in obscure references/vague hints that can be found in the chapters. I might post a full timeline after we get to present day and i finalize what actually has happened. At present i only have an outline of all the events from destruction of al hazred to the present.

Quote:
I'm not going to tell you how to format your stories, but the "proper" way to do it is to only have one person speaking per paragraph, and each paragraph divided with a return. Since it bogs down printed ext and on-display, it has become acceptable to use two returns per paragraph.

Do it however you want, it's your story, but be prepared for people to point that out a lot to you.

I'll see what i can do about the formatting if people start to be bothered about it.
As for bolded, you got me there... Davram wasn't originally supposed to have many lines because of the difficulty of reading it. I wonder how it turned out like this?

@Sam_the_Onion: Ninja post! anyway, davram doesn't care that much about the bear, i suggest you regard how saving the ursapine affected Iris...
As for The Wall, a piece of it first ended up as god's plaything (points at beginning of chap 2), and the rest kinda got tossed into england (points at beginning of chap 3)... so, yeah.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Old 2008-05-08, 14:16   Link #4113
Momo Chan
Fate is Nanoha's bish.

Quote:

Welcome to the Nanoha Fanfiction Thread.
There are some *ahem* weird things here >.>
Do be careful ^^;
Quote:
.......so I'm a spray can now? T_T
you were always a spray can
Momo Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 14:20   Link #4114
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Spoiler for Dream Wing:
Ah, ok. This makes the fic a lot less confusing . I had managed to find the first few episodes so when I re-read the fic the character rolls didn't match and had me confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Yes... MEGANEKKO

MUST... RESIST!

MUST... RESIST!

MUST... RESIST!

MUST... RESIST!

MUST... RESIST!

MUST... RESIST... MOE...

MUST... RESIST... MOE...

MUST... RESIST... MOE...

*runs before he loses control of self*
*punts SaintX*
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 14:20   Link #4115
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Quote:
@Sam_the_Onion: Ninja post! anyway, davram doesn't care that much about the bear, i suggest you regard how saving the ursapine affected Iris...
As for The Wall, a piece of it first ended up as god's plaything (points at beginning of chap 2), and the rest kinda got tossed into england (points at beginning of chap 3)... so, yeah.
Nuuu... He (it?) doesn't care about the bear ;_;

Wait... When did they get to England?
Can I ask you to make these things a bit more obvious from your great walls of text?
Old 2008-05-08, 14:22   Link #4116
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I think it was hinted in the start of the 3rd chapter. Druids, funny circle of standing stones, etc....

Doesn't that reminds you of somewhere?

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 14:30   Link #4117
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Onion View Post
Nuuu... He (it?) doesn't care about the bear ;_;

Wait... When did they get to England?
Can I ask you to make these things a bit more obvious from your great walls of text?
Well, the vagueness is for people who actually bother to dig in deeper, i don't put many references to my fic, but the ones i have are obscure at best. Though i did try to make it a bit more clear with the druids, stone circle, centuries of building something that would puzzle archeologists in the years to come...
...and there's the line where they do note that the monoliths falling are seemingly broken from a single piece.

The hints are there, but like sidequests in rpg's, they're there only for those who really want to find them, and aren't relevant to the actual story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I think it was hinted in the start of the 3rd chapter. Druids, funny circle of standing stones, etc....

Doesn't that reminds you of somewhere?
I'm glad that atleast someone caught the hints
Old 2008-05-08, 14:34   Link #4118
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

.....this is fun....

*puts on neko mimi hoodie and pushes glasses up a little*

You decide

Dream wing ideas are flowing nicely. The only changes that are extrmely noteable are that the year that this takes place in, Natsuki is a student. I jumped Arika's age up so she's already graduated. ><
Old 2008-05-08, 14:45   Link #4119
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Quote:
Well, the vagueness is for people who actually bother to dig in deeper, i don't put many references to my fic, but the ones i have are obscure at best. Though i did try to make it a bit more clear with the druids, stone circle, centuries of building something that would puzzle archeologists in the years to come...
...and there's the line where they do note that the monoliths falling are seemingly broken from a single piece.

The hints are there, but like sidequests in rpg's, they're there only for those who really want to find them, and aren't relevant to the actual story.
Well, England's history isn't my best subject

Quote:
.....this is fun....

*puts on neko mimi hoodie and pushes glasses up a little*

We need Angel-sama here and fast! Quickly, before the sight is gone!

Quote:
You decide

Dream wing ideas are flowing nicely. The only changes that are extrmely noteable are that the year that this takes place in, Natsuki is a student. I jumped Arika's age up so she's already graduated. ><
Well, it gets the characters interact more fluidly together so I don't think it's a real problem.
Old 2008-05-08, 15:06   Link #4120
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Onion View Post
Well, it gets the characters interact more fluidly together so I don't think it's a real problem.
The problem with Natsuki being headmaster would be the extremly limited interaction she would have with Nanoha and Fate. If I put them in the same class, with Shizuru as an older student, then they will be able to do things together quite often.

I hope it writes as easily as it's coming to my mind. I'm going to try lots of new things in this story so let's hope it works out okay.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha