AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-10-19, 08:13   Link #21
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Umm, has it ever occurred to you that maybe the reason he names his techniques dragon is to honor the person that took him in? I mean sheesh, incoming segues to Fairy Tail with Sabo the Mythic Dragon Slayer.
Old 2018-10-19, 11:17   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This was an all around great chapter. The comedy was really good. Liked Sanji's usual antics, Luffy's comment about Zoro (he's totally right, too ), and Brook's comment about his outfit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Huh, it turns out that Kinemon is married.... to the tea house lady, Otsuru! Rather surprising! And yet, Okiku is still crushing on him (maybe she wants to be his concubine or something? ). And man, that Shutenmaru is an asshat..... I still think he may be Ashura Douji, though. Like I said before, his hair and stature look pretty similar to the silhouette from last chapter, and he seems to imply that he survived Kaidou's initial onslaught from 20 years ago. And of course, there's his talk about there being a lack of strong leaderz for the samurai to follow.... these scream strong hints to me. And murderous bandit or not, a guy tough enough to take on one of Kaidou's strongest men has gotta make for a powerful ally, right?

Oh, and me first: SHINOBU FOR NAKAMA!
Shuntenmaru is definitely one of the three samurai Kinemon is looking for given his strength and what he said in this chapter. As for him being Ashura, I'd say being an asshat is even more of a hint, he simply returned to his old criminal ways after Oden, who once beat him and earned his respect and loyalty, died. Thing is, I'm not sure he'll be willing to follow Momo simply because he's the son of Oden. He doesn't strike me as the kind of man to care about bloodline.
Old 2018-10-21, 23:37   Link #23
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The funny thing is, even Oda himself wasn't sure how Kaidou would be toppled, heh. I mean, he even said this in an interview a couple years back:

^Maybe he has a better idea of how he'll be taken down now, though....
Well, this is a shounen, so I'm kinda fine with punch him very very very hard, only bullshiting me good.

Btw, if Kaido want to die, why not drown himself in the sea?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 02:28   Link #24
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Shuntenmaru is definitely one of the three samurai Kinemon is looking for given his strength and what he said in this chapter. As for him being Ashura, I'd say being an asshat is even more of a hint, he simply returned to his old criminal ways after Oden, who once beat him and earned his respect and loyalty, died. Thing is, I'm not sure he'll be willing to follow Momo simply because he's the son of Oden. He doesn't strike me as the kind of man to care about bloodline.
Perhaps this time he will pledge his loyalty to straw hats after Luffy maybe defeat him in a one-on-one battle. I vote Shuntenmaru for 8th Division Captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Well, this is a shounen, so I'm kinda fine with punch him very very very hard, only bullshiting me good.

Btw, if Kaido want to die, why not drown himself in the sea?
If you look at San Juan Wolf's size or Oars that may exceed Kaidou's height in human form, we may need to reconsider it again. Furthermore, Kaido maybe can breathe underwater as well like Jack.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 02:43   Link #25
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 921
Pretty good chapter. Momonosuke turned into a dragon during Punk Hazard it was probably because of Kaidou turned into it. I know Momonosuke can not control his powers and he just turned into one when Kaidou did in this chapter. What will happen if Kaidou dies? Will Momonosuke absorb the devil fruit? Another question is does Momonosuke and Kaidou draw from the same power source? If so the Kaidou is asserting his dominance and influence over Momonosuke's Man made devil fruit(knowingly or unknowingly). Will Momonosuke be able to interfere with Kaidou's power? Like turn Kaidou's Devil fruit off when he is flying over water in his dragon form and least suspects it. Finally Momonosuke saw an image of Daflamingo. I wonder if that was Kaidou's memory?

Strike three for Jack?
I wonder if Kaidou will kill Jack? I could see the devil fruit Zou Zou no Mi, Model taken from Jack and given to someone else. He has failed to get Raizo at Zou, could not rescue Daflamingo from the Marine Convoy, and now Holdem was defeated. Opinion wise with Jack's performance so far he seems weaker then Dogtooth. I don't know but I won't be surprised if Kaidou's lack of patience is has bad has Jacks or influencing Jack's short patience for fear of consequence failing.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 14:03   Link #26
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Perhaps this time he will pledge his loyalty to straw hats after Luffy maybe defeat him in a one-on-one battle. I vote Shuntenmaru for 8th Division Captain.

If you look at San Juan Wolf's size or Oars that may exceed Kaidou's height in human form, we may need to reconsider it again. Furthermore, Kaido maybe can breathe underwater as well like Jack.
My question is why he does not eat a second devil fruit.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 14:34   Link #27
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
My question is why he does not eat a second devil fruit.
Because he's not Blackbeard/Teach, which means no unique body that lets him possess more than one Devil's Fruit within his body at once. Anyone else eating two just explodes and vanishes, "A Greedy Fool Destroying Himself" in Lucci's words from Enies Lobby.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 14:40   Link #28
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
Because he's not Blackbeard/Teach, which means no unique body that lets him possess more than one Devil's Fruit within his body at once. Anyone else eating two just explodes and vanishes, "A Greedy Fool Destroying Himself" in Lucci's words from Enies Lobby.
?

Kaido tries to kill himself.
Old 2018-10-23, 18:36   Link #29
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
?

Kaido tries to kill himself.
He might not know about this, though. Or he considers this too lowly of a death to die if he does know.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-24, 02:45   Link #30
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
He might not know about this, though. Or he considers this too lowly of a death to die if he does know.
And what about those who "execute" him?
Old 2018-10-24, 16:13   Link #31
judasmartel
*Author

After the reveal of Kaido's devil fruit, it amazes me how none of the Yonko before Blackbeard's ascension to Emperor status are Logia (Whitebeard and Big Mom are Paramecia, and Kaido is Zoan). And even if you count Blackbeard, his DF behaves differently from other Logias. That really goes to show you that the power of a devil fruit is only limited by the user's imagination.

As Pekoms stated before, "Logias who think they are invincible often die young." I guess Logia isn't really so bad after all.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote