AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 1 10.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 40.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 30.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-07-03, 08:40   Link #41
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's just your opinion, though. For many people, the concept of an existence without an origin breaks immersion to the point that it can ruin the story.
I don't understand how all these logistical problems and paradoxes and unanswered questions would improve immersion though. It's fine to disagree. But I can't say I understand.
Old 2018-07-03, 15:52   Link #42
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't understand how all these logistical problems and paradoxes and unanswered questions would improve immersion though. It's fine to disagree. But I can't say I understand.
But... you're the one arguing that paradoxes and unanswered questions improve immersion more than giving additional information that clears up the paradoxes and unanswered questions ("logistical problems", as you seem to call it).
Old 2018-07-05, 03:47   Link #43
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

What are you talking about? Name one unanswered question that applies to a stable time loop with no beginning or end.

Have you ever seen a rubber band with an “original band”? I would imagine it would make some kind of “Y” shape, which causes there to be this kink in a place where normally the loop would be smooth.

Or a stroll around the block starting from your house, except your house mysteriously moves to a different location during the loop. Making it not a loop.

I just can’t imagine ‘original timeline’ in a way that makes any sort of sense, without there also being a ‘final timeline’. (In which case it’s not a loop but a spiral, see “Endless Eight”)

Last edited by Dengar; 2018-07-05 at 03:58.
Old 2018-07-05, 04:59   Link #44
GDB

Just because you cannot imagine it doesn't mean it can't make sense. Again, that's just your opinion.

And that's not even going into how you're apparently trying to say a paradox is a paradox even if it's explained in such a way that it's no longer a paradox.
Old 2018-07-06, 07:37   Link #45
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's not so much an opinion as it is an inability for me to grasp what you're saying. What sort of explanation makes it no longer a paradox?

Like, can you just explain? Is it difficult to explain? Or are you not explaining because you think it should be self evident? To me it isn't. I don't care if you think I'm stupid. I just don't understand the process. Try spelling it out?

Last edited by Dengar; 2018-07-07 at 15:56.
Closed Thread