AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-13, 22:35   Link #2461
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Sad to say, but a couple who had basically lost their son twice like that would probably not have held together very long afterward. And considering how messed up Erio is, it could have been associated with his breakdown.

Save the kid, try to take him home, find there's no home for him to go to anymore.

Fate wasn't involved in the actual recovery of him, she was brought in after the fact to help try and get through to him, since they were both Project F products and she also had Electric Affinity.
Old 2010-09-13, 22:51   Link #2462
DKN117

Damn. Poor folks.

Also, question, since I'm reading up on aircraft flights, procedures, and crashes (it's for a story): do you think that Midchilda uses passenger aircraft (futuristic, non-Terran equivalent of Douglas DC-_s and Boeing 7_7s, perhaps), for civilians and non-flying mages? Or would the presence of air mages on Midchilda (and the pollution put out by airliner jet engines) make this prohibitively unsafe?
Old 2010-09-13, 22:54   Link #2463
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Damn. Poor folks.

Also, question, since I'm reading up on aircraft flights, procedures, and crashes (it's for a story): do you think that Midchilda uses passenger aircraft (futuristic, non-Terran equivalent of Douglas DC-_s and Boeing 7_7s, perhaps), for civilians and non-flying mages? Or would the presence of air mages on Midchilda (and the pollution put out by airliner jet engines) make this prohibitively unsafe?
From what I understand, mage flight is heavily prohibited (which is why Fate had a car in the first place), so its not likely an issue. Plus with the weird little dimensional aircraft the crew used in ViVid, I daresay regular air travel is around on Mid-Childa.
Old 2010-09-13, 22:59   Link #2464
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

The facility that gets saved in the opening of StrikerS is, in fact, an airport. There's no real glimpse of what one of their atmospheric craft looks like, though. We also don't really get a good look at their wet Navy or civilian sea craft.

Their civilian dimension ships seem to draw a bit of inspiration from Battletech, though, using a frame which cargo and passenger modules are picked up and affixed to the undercarriage of.

Subaru getting invited to become a member of Special Coastal Rescue, which seems tasked with sea and air rescue, was a pretty big deal, though. They have their own uniform and everything.
Old 2010-09-14, 04:09   Link #2465
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Damn. Poor folks.
I wouldn't call them poor. They should have done exactly what illegal researchers threaten them with - call TSAB. They did love they son enough to make illegal copy... but didn't love that copy enough to fight for him - so to hell with them.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-09-14, 10:34   Link #2466
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
I wouldn't call them poor. They should have done exactly what illegal researchers threaten them with - call TSAB. They did love they son enough to make illegal copy... but didn't love that copy enough to fight for him - so to hell with them.
For all we know, they could've been the ones who called the TSAB in the first place. I mean, the illegal researchers took them, but by the time Fate met Erio, he was already held by the TSAB, so... yeah. Ultimately, its another case of us not knowing because they haven't bothered to give us the backstory.
Old 2010-09-14, 11:13   Link #2467
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
For all we know, they could've been the ones who called the TSAB in the first place. I mean, the illegal researchers took them, but by the time Fate met Erio, he was already held by the TSAB, so... yeah. Ultimately, its another case of us not knowing because they haven't bothered to give us the backstory.
Fate was the one who rescued them from the illegal researchers.
Old 2010-09-14, 11:14   Link #2468
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Fate met Erio after he was in a mental health facility, didn't she?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-09-14, 11:23   Link #2469
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Fate met Erio after he was in a mental health facility, didn't she?
I think it was mentioned somewhere Fate met Erio first in a Raid.
Old 2010-09-14, 11:49   Link #2470
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
I think it was mentioned somewhere Fate met Erio first in a Raid.
Ah, yep, right here.

Old 2010-09-14, 12:08   Link #2471
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Subaru getting invited to become a member of Special Coastal Rescue, which seems tasked with sea and air rescue, was a pretty big deal, though. They have their own uniform and everything.
In StrikerS epilogue Subaru also rescues two kids from a sinking ship...
Old 2010-09-16, 20:44   Link #2472
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Can other mages steal someone else's linker core like what the Wolkenritter did before?
Old 2010-09-16, 20:47   Link #2473
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Can other mages steal someone else's linker core like what the Wolkenritter did before?
Doubtful. Never brought up other than feeding the book.

Old 2010-09-17, 02:00   Link #2474
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Actually the Wolkenritter didn't steal them, they feed the bokk with it's escense.
Old 2010-09-17, 02:37   Link #2475
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
One of the Twins in A's did stole/took Fate's linker core.
Old 2010-09-17, 05:28   Link #2476
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's an organ, so it should be medically possible to rip it out providing you know how, and the Liezes prove that. Using that Linker Core however, is a more questionable subject.
Old 2010-09-21, 09:05   Link #2477
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I've read somewhere that the whole origin of Project F traces itself down to underpopulation; Artificial Mages, and later Combat Cyborgs, were seen as a way to boost the military's vastly inferior population. Can someone verify?

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-09-21 at 09:59.
Old 2010-09-21, 09:55   Link #2478
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The origins of Project F can actually be traced to Al Hazard. They used it to attain immortality (die, pop out the next clone, repeat) and Jail set out to re-create the project so he could become immortal too.

Project F and the cyborg project are two different things, and are mostly unrelated.
Old 2010-09-21, 09:59   Link #2479
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
I've read somewhere that the whole origin of Project F traces itself down to underpopulation; Artificial Mages, and later Combat Cyborgs, were seen as a way to boost the military's vastly inferior population. Can someone verify?
It doesn't quite say that, but the implications are there. Artificial Mages and Cyborgs are both seen as illegal, because they require one to tinker with embyros and babies. Such children have no say in the matter of how they are being modified, and that's apparently the reason why it is illegal.

However, we do see Regius is concerned about the safety of Mid-Childa, and rails that the Naval branch takes all the good mages, leaving them undermanned. This was his motivation for helping the Brain Council with Jail. The doctor would make the artificial mages and cyborgs in secret, and then Regius would lead the charge in capturing the mages and cyborgs. Since they were already created, the Bureau could then assimilate them since the damage was already done. Thus, Regius would get additional forces to protect Mid-Childa.

Hayate basically spells this out when talking to Auris; while it's an educated guess on her part, it makes sense given what we know of Regius. He became an "end justifies the means" type of guy.

Although you specifically mention Project F, there aren't many details specific to that. The ones who kidnapped Erio from his parents implied that it was illegal, and the parents seem to believe that was the case. At one point Jail was either involved in Project F, or ran it, and gave the research material to Precia, or she took it from him. She perfected it, making Fate, but if we believe the movie manga and movie rationales and apply them to the regular Nanoverse, Precia didn't intend to boost the clone's magic; it was a side effect.

And we know Jail later cloned Zest and called him an artificial mage, although his body apparently wasn't as stable. So I suppose we can surmise that Project F could have had the same goal as artificial mages and combat cyborgs; boost the supply of combat units.
Old 2010-09-21, 10:09   Link #2480
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ginga notes though that Artificial Mages are expensive to create and have a high failure rate, which explains why Regius went for cyborgs instead.
Closed Thread