AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 63 64.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 8.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 6.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-30, 05:17   Link #61
Morisato

That was some classic Aizen mind rape there. The Aizen voice never fails.

He mind raped Margery AND did it again to Yoshida.
Old 2011-10-30, 05:21   Link #62
Zakoo

Feels good, I already have read the chapter on the net, but damn, watching it is like a one way road to heaven.

I can die happily now
Old 2011-10-30, 05:35   Link #63
Senshigeia

I don't think JC staff is that behind... The only thing I regret is that awful second season, with dead, unemotional and boring episodes.

As for Yoshida, I agree 100% with alvinkhorfire. The only reason I hate her so much because Yuji and Shana were so perfect for each other since the first episode. Yoshida is to congratulate for her faith and strong will, though. She really fought for Yuji's love. Also, This triangle lasted for two entire seasons, witch was quite annoying.

As for Margery's fate... Well, I kind of understand her mental break down: she was a daughter of a feudal lord, right? She spent like hundreds of years looking all over for an enemy, and then she suddenly realizes it was her all along. I actually, for the first time, pity her.

BTW, I think this season still has a lot more to offer, unlike some of the comments I read before. It was an excellent episode, one of the beast if not the best of all the Shana seasons, but I am quite curious about Yuji's struggle to build a new world, and how Shana will fight the one she has always loved.
Old 2011-10-30, 05:55   Link #64
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

What the power has Yuji.....Yea! Good Good and Good!!!!

Too much difference between Yuji and Shana...

I like the change of Yuji.....this battle was good....
Old 2011-10-30, 06:03   Link #65
Morisato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
What the power has Yuji.....Yea! Good Good and Good!!!!

Too much difference between Yuji and Shana...

I like the change of Yuji.....this battle was good....
Yea I mean if the Flame of Heaven and the Snake of the Festival were equals or near equals, why is Shana always so weak?

You'd think that since Shana has a God-tier Tomogara inside her, she'd be much stronger and steamroll most of her opponents much like how Yuuji does it.
Old 2011-10-30, 06:13   Link #66
com_gwp

Oh wow this episode was pretty boss. Plot progression, pretty awesome fights, and 2 seasons' worth of revelations (The twist for the silver tho, quite underwhelming).

I can almost forgive JC staff for subjecting us to that recap episode last week.

8/10 because animation still is pretty spotty. I know, it's JC staff and they ain't high tier, but I'm being spoiled by all the other shows this season (F/Z, P4)
Old 2011-10-30, 07:21   Link #67
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Very good 8/10, not 10 because Marjery issue was a bit predictable.
Old 2011-10-30, 07:42   Link #68
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I don't really get the Margery part? Did it mean that she herself was the one who killed the people she was close to?
Old 2011-10-30, 07:50   Link #69
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

She probably created a Rinne without her knowing it.
It just proves that she is the most mentally unstable Flame Haze.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-10-30, 08:44   Link #70
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Heh....every bit as good as the novel version...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I don't really get the Margery part? Did it mean that she herself was the one who killed the people she was close to?
The Silver acts in response to her intent. And it was those who killed her family. Her vengeance was stolen away by herself so to speak

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-31 at 11:58. Reason: Please edit rather than double posting
Old 2011-10-30, 08:55   Link #71
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So that was Yuji's motives , not surprising. Like almost all ML who want to protect everyone & become strong. He got a power-up. Well cliché.
Anyway good fights.
Old 2011-10-30, 10:00   Link #72
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

beautiful episode.... I must give credit to J.C. Staff.... it's been a while since they make a battle episode like this.... I'm completely satisfied...

yeah! our flame haze trio don't stand a chance in front of Sairei no Hebi....
It's good to see a strong Yuji... not the one who always shout "Shana" during battle (remember previous 2 season... xD)
Margery's mindbreak and Wilhelmina can't do anything
well, finally they realized that they relied to our Mystes too much lately (Shana admit is herself... lol)

The way they finished the battle is also epic... and nice rejection statement from Yuji... Poor Yoshida... I can see in her eyes that she want to be taken by Yuji as well....
congratulations, Shana... hahaha... she got princess-carrying while flying in the sky with Yuji... so romantic

"I will change your fate!!"

brb... I must download high quality version for this episode... low quality just doesn't enough
Old 2011-10-30, 11:32   Link #73
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponX View Post
I haven't seen ep. 4 yet, but at this point, everyone is raving over it just because of that one thing that happened. You know exactly what I'm talking about.

So I'm not going to comment on the episode because I haven;t seen it, but I will comment on that one action.

Kazumi is a bit hard for me to judge. She gets a lot of flak just because she likes Yuji (lord knows why) when Shana also likes Yuji at the same time. And because Shana is the main character and kicks a fair amount of ass, obviously everyone knows she will be the eventual winner, and wants her to win as well.

As such, Kazumi gets a lot of hate simply because she is after Yuji, and everyone simply wants Yuji and Shana to get it over with and declare their love for each other so everyone can move on to more important things, namely, the ass kickings.

The thing is, well Kazumi is fairly pointless to the show. If you subtract her from the show, nothing will be lost. It is probably this pointlessness mixed with the endless dragging of this love square (remember Ike?) that everyone hates Kazumi because everyone wants this to move on and go back to the main plot and kicking ass and so forth.

But as far as hate goes, Kazumi is not that bad of a character. She is fairly inoffensive, cooks, and has a fair amount of courage for someone who is generally powerless and thrown into a war between powerful demons and warriors. I could name 10 characters right now that probably don't get as much hate as Kazumi, but who are much worse characters. In this sense, she could be likened to (a much much weaker version) of say Lebron James, whose biggest hits come froma few ill-timed statements, and the fact that he switched teams when other more popular players have been accused and convicted of worse things from drug use, possession and use of firearms, and attempted rape.

That being said, I'm glad Yuji finally decided to be a not be a complete blockhead anymore and make up his mind, but just remember, as far as characters go, you could do a LOT worse than Kazumi.
Dude as much as people hate Kazumi (including me), without her in the show as a character, Shana would've never have grown from the person she was before.
Without Kazumi,

- Shana would've never have realized that she loved Yuji.
- Shana would never have socialized with humans

And most importantly, without another love interest, the story [as horrible as this statement sounds, would've been generic and boring. :l
Old 2011-10-30, 11:34   Link #74
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

We need funny love comedy triangle to keep us going for two seasons. It worked perfectly.
Old 2011-10-30, 12:08   Link #75
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

This reminds me of Star Wars Episole 3
Old 2011-10-30, 13:01   Link #76
Athena
The Power of One

How romantic is Yuji...knocks out a girl, and rejects another lol
Old 2011-10-30, 13:06   Link #77
syke123

I'm glad he kept his morale's true, and isn't blinded by greed, and power. Also, his response to yoshida was appropriate, as he acknowledged the emotions she had for him, and without context made it obvious, who he picked instead of crushing her feelings.

The episode ran well, but left questions unanswered which should have been explained in the previous episodes, as how, when, and why did snake enter his body.

Maybe instead of those pointless recaps, we could have had a 3 episode prequel with the events that sealed snake's body, up to where he entered yuji's. Which in turn would give us a better understanding at the type of character snake truly is, and why he decided to use yuji as a host.

Honestly seeing Alastor in his prime would be quite entertaining, although it makes sense that they would leave him as is, to have us guess and make our own interpretations of the events that took place.
Old 2011-10-30, 13:15   Link #78
virox

Okay, I've got a question about the last part. I just read two different LN translations of the part where Yoshida is dumped. In both of them, Yoshida asked Yuuji why he "wrote that letter" to her. Yuuji replies that he wrote it because he promised not to leave without saying anything.
BUT, he never wrote any letter, he just sent the ones he recieved back, right?
Pretty sure it's a mistranslation, since the beginning of volume 16 clearly says that the letters that came back were the ones they wrote to him.
It also makes more sense.

Last edited by virox; 2011-10-30 at 13:45.
Old 2011-10-30, 13:17   Link #79
Senshigeia

I can't stop thinking about the next episode. We probably will have an army of Frame Hazes, judging for the OP images... And a serious chat between Shana and Yuji.
Personally I don't think the previous episodes were that much useless. And syke123, I think more details will be unfolded during the whole season.

I always thought Margery was a crazy girl... This only made her loose the rest of her brains xD
Old 2011-10-30, 15:01   Link #80
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I can't stop thinking about the next episode. We probably will have an army of Frame Hazes, judging for the OP images... And a serious chat between Shana and Yuji.
Personally I don't think the previous episodes were that much useless. And syke123, I think more details will be unfolded during the whole season.

I always thought Margery was a crazy girl... This only made her loose the rest of her brains xD
Depends what you were expecting, I found the episodes lacking as they wasted too much time on how the characters adapted after yuji left. They could have taken those episodes to introduce snake, instead of him coming in the picture out of nowhere. I just thought they could have started the series off with a bang, which would've gotten more interested into the Finale.
Closed Thread