AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-09, 10:10   Link #21
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Granted, poor guy was basically treated like trash by the one man he admired...but then again the guy was a criminal with no problems in killing people (and probably killed plenty while pirating) so when he was shot down I was really just kind of...Meh...
Old 2012-05-09, 10:39   Link #22
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I felt bad that Brown Beard died =(
at least bon clay is alive!
Old 2012-05-09, 10:47   Link #23
Jouten

Monet reminds me of Robin when she was working for Crocodile. I think there is something up with her, she seems to have a personal goal, although I don't know why I get this feeling. (Oh god she looks so nerdy with the swirly glasses)

And finally it was revealed that Law is not blackmailed. I was so sick of people saying "But he has to have good reason for helping CC, because he is a good guy!"

Noone who takes down Smoker-san is a good guy

Jokes aside, I wonder what Law is up to? Why and what does he hide from the Government?

Also the Straw Hats are treated as dangerous as the BB pirates
Old 2012-05-09, 10:53   Link #24
ntherblast

Chapter 666 lol
Old 2012-05-09, 11:06   Link #25
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

bon back actually kind confirm months ago. i knew he will replace okamanov as heard of new okamaland

seem yeti capable to hide in the snow. best way to do it is to fight in heat island

Old 2012-05-09, 11:29   Link #26
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Yay Bon-chan is back!

Greatest Okama to ever sail the seas!

Great chapter here, lots happening. Nice bits of info here and there.

But Law is just awesome, he's real bad ass mofo material
Old 2012-05-09, 12:28   Link #27
Blackbeard D. Kuma

This chapter really gave us a good perspective on just how big the Yeti Brothers are. What's crazy is that despite their enormous size they're stealthy assassins. And seeing as how they'll do anything as long as they get paid, their brutality knows no bounds (evident in how they mercilessly shot Brownbeard numerous times with those cannons). All in all, I'm really liking this badass duo .

No way in hell Zoro's group is dead despite the assertion of the Yeti Brothers, so it looks like they're getting the James Bond treatment where the villain doesn't check/make sure the good guy is dead.

And much like everyone else, I'm not surprised in the slightest that Bon Clay is still alive. It's good to see him back to his exuberant self again.
Old 2012-05-09, 12:32   Link #28
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Though...they didn't show Bon-chan's face...I fear the worst for our Bon-Bon's face D:
Old 2012-05-09, 12:53   Link #29
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Great chapter, Seems like Oda is doing his best to portray Law as neutral as possible for the moment.
Old 2012-05-09, 13:15   Link #30
marvelB

Awesome chapter indeed. So it looks like the Yeti brothers may be the first powerful enemies in quite some time who rely on long-range weaponry. And like I pointed out before, I like how they also utilize stealth despite their huge size. Still, I just really hope that Oda doesn't mess up like he did with Hyouzou and prove these guys will actually provide a decent challenge for the crew since they're being built up as deadly opponents. I'm also sad to see poor Brownbeard get blasted to kingdom come, but maybe he'll turn out to have survived.....

Heh, I really like how CC's coat has "GAS" written on it (and I swear, the more I look at the guy's face, the more I'm convinced that he looks like a Naruto villain!). Anyway, I also like how both him and Monet are quite wary of Law (and for good reason, too.... he even somehow knew about that mole, Joker!). And yeah, since Monet didn't have any wings in that flashback, it does raise the possibility that she was "modified" by Law rather than her being a zoan. But even if she wasn't a harpy already at that time, that doesn't necessarily mean that she doesn't have a DF ability, period.....

As for the ministory, I find it curious indeed that Bentham's face wasn't shown. I guess that means he didn't escape that last encounter with Magellan unscathed.....
Old 2012-05-09, 15:31   Link #31
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I'm having a hard time believing that those two furry giants legitimately defeated Zorro. I could maybe understand them defeating Sanji and Brook, especially since Sanji's currently stuck in Nami's body, but a perfectly fine Zorro, just like that? No. I mean there wasn't even anything in that place that would hint towards a fight, like some blood or more churned up snow. But the way the environment looks around the three strawhats suggets that there wasn't much of a battle, which in turn would imply that Zorro, Sanji and Brook were effortlessly beaten. I don't believe it's true. Knowing Oda, it's much more likely that they just fell asleep and the brothers want to take credit for them lying on the ground, or something ridiculous like that. Or well, maybe they are just really powerful and the strawhats were taken by surprise, so that they didn't have a chance to do anything about the attackers.

Also, with Brownbeard standing on the other side of the fence now ... Brownbeard for Strawhats?
Nah, I'm just kidding. I'm probably not even the first one to come up with that.^^
Old 2012-05-09, 19:42   Link #32
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

So they can kill their ally without hesitation, but the real invaders will get away unscathed.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:17   Link #33
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I'm having a hard time believing that those two furry giants legitimately defeated Zorro. I could maybe understand them defeating Sanji
Are you implying that Zoro is stronger than Sanji
Old 2012-05-09, 20:41   Link #34
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 666
That was a good chapter. Cool Brothers are fast for giants. That a big advantage for the two. I really want to know how Cool Brothers took Zoro's team out. If they were to use there guns then that sight should have explosions and wholes. Something does not make sense with Zoro's team at all. The Cool brothers method of operation does not make sense. There mission was dead or alive for all Straw Hats except for Franky (who is actually Nami). Why not finish off Luffy and Chopper if they are there? Instead they walk off and let the possible remaining Straw hats regroup. Has for the Island itself that is weird that you can not find it with the log post.

Monet is very mysterious women. She is very information oriented. I wonder if she was a former WG employee like Ceasar Clown. Maybe she was the assistant. Second did she volunteer to have her arms and legs switched out for wings and bird legs? In one picture she looks perfectly fine, she does not look like she is suffering from the same disease they are inflicted, and then in the present she like everyone else on the Island (Half human half animal). I wonder how she would react if that book she keeps writing in gets destroyed?
Old 2012-05-09, 21:16   Link #35
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Are you implying that Zoro is stronger than Sanji
Not at all, but Sanji was in Nami's body here. It was probably wrong of me to use 'especially' in that sentence. I should have just said 'because'.
Old 2012-05-09, 23:52   Link #36
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Monet's characteristics reminds me of Robin when she was Ms All-Sunday.

And the Yeti's are BAMF.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-05-10 at 00:27. Reason: I nearly trans-gendered Robin. The horror!!
Old 2012-05-10, 00:06   Link #37
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Good to see Bon Bon's still alive, but the lack of his face makes me fear what Magellan might have done to his face....

Onto the actual chapter, I do really love the Yeti Brother's designs, what with the shadow from their hats covering their faces and all. I DO however feel that Brownbeard isn't actually dead even if he was shot what... 5 times? But you never know with how the series has turned.

And as everyone has been talking about, Monet DOES remind us of Robin back in Baroque Works. With her glasses and all... I wouldn't be toooo against her being the next crew member if it turns to that. We could always use another woman aboard~
Old 2012-05-10, 03:26   Link #38
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
[QUOTE=The Small One;4153536]Nobody dies in OP.

Except for roger , ace and shirohige
Old 2012-05-10, 10:31   Link #39
marvelB

^Or the bandit that got eaten by a sea king in the first chapter.... though I think that Oda started being less lenient about character deaths since the war.

As for how Zoro's group was taken out.... well, remember that these yeti guys are assassins, so that doesn't necessarily mean that the bazooka-like sniper rifles are their only weapons. They could have used poison darts or something like that on Zoro's group (CC's power should ensure that he can provide them with all sorts of deadly chemicals, after all). Either that, or they could be rokushiki masters or something and Shigan'd the lot of them from out of nowhere (considering how fast and stealthy they seem to be, it's not an unlikely possibility, methinks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
IMHO it isn't really required to show the face of a DF user who can take any face he wants.
The only question would be: Whose face is he using to lead all those people.

Well.... yeah, but I sorta doubt that Bentham would keep his power active 24/7. So again, I really do wonder if Magellan messed up his original face.....
Old 2012-05-10, 11:10   Link #40
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
though I think that Oda started being less lenient about character deaths since the war.
No characters have died before the war (aside from the bandit and Roger) or after the war so I don't think your statement is correct.