Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 23:45   Link #501
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki
-snip-
Haven't heard enough Ayana Taketatsu roles, but from Rina Hidaka's roles I heard of (Last Order, Airi Kashii, and Yuniko Kozuki/Scarlet Rain), yeah, Rina Hidaka has a shot at it.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 10:14   Link #502
justpassingby

Talking Komatsu Mikako

I've been meaning to write about her for a while. Her debut voice was Joey, and I watched her talked live for the first time during the joint promotion of MoPi and LagRin (lost the video already). She's currently no 3 for me after Maaya-san and Hyocchi for seiyuu+singer.

Images
Sobriquet : Mikako-shi
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

First things first, the bad
- Her acting voice and voice range are C-tier, and do not seem to grow although have been in the industry for quite a while now.
- Her Japanese is weird (she herself admit it) and will stutter after a while , her kanji strokes order is weird (the "Neko" character from Lady GO! last year, and sometimes it makes me think my Japanese is better than her.
- She forgets lyrics to her song when performing live, even though some of the songs were written by herself.

Then, what I like
- As a MiniPi reader, when the seiyuu for Marika was announced, I was like "Ehhhh", and what I heard her voice for the first time, I went more "Ehhhh!?, because there was a sense of incompatibility. During the pre-air talk of MoPi[nico], Itou Shizuka implied MoPi served as to see how Mikako-shi's growth as a seiyuu [29:35]. During the last month SF-Con, when the author (Sasamoto-sensei) is asked why would they used newcomer like Mikako-shi with not much in her profile, the Director (Satou) said it is fun to look forward to the growth of the newcomers, and Sensei added he was glad he didn't say anything about the castings.

I then remember and (re)understood that some characters are meant to be voiced by certain people. Although Mikako-shi will probably never use different voice for her future other characters, I could not imagine other voice for my Captain. Sensei said in one of the interview that "this is how Marika would sound from now on" when he wrote the later volumes of MiniPi. I giggled a lot when Marika said "Chiaki-chan daisuki" in vol 09 and that I read it with Mikako-shi's voice.

- I think Mikako-shi was too nervous, and the nervous won't go away be it she's talking alone or with guests during her radio shows, or during live performance. It makes Mikako-shi cuter. Some people said they were all intentional あざといから嫌い :P

Although she does not have much in seiyuu department, but damn it feels good listening to her songs and radio program and MC-ing events, etc
- Among the 5 girls of Lady GO!, Mikako-shi is the only one that I would not miss during the live streaming (1600 MY time) when I was in university. Although I can't be there for live nowadays, I'll make sure I'll download the recording from Nico and listen to it on the same Tuesday.

- Thanks to her, I've become Utsunomiya Takashi's fan. Both of them were paired up during last year run of 30 Miles radio program, and it was said Mikako-shi co-hosted the program because Utsunomiya and Mikako-shi had worked with Nishi-Ken.

- I look forward to KR K Radio each week last year mostly because she and Tsuda Kenjirou (fellow YuGi Oh seiyuu) conducted the radio program. I also enjoyed when Sugita and Tsuda "bullied" her.

- I probably be really dissapointed when I could not follow her live events, be it because I'm busy or the programs don't have the live streaming.

With all that said, I'm looking forward to her future as both a seiyuu and a singer. I hope there will be 31 Miles. I want Mikako-shi to voice Sasamoto-sensei's heroines, if Japan decides to animate his other novels, and I want to see both of them in a same event.

....Huh I feel like I want to have her for myself

Spoiler for omake:
- Some side notes.

Sensei only asked the ARIEL anime team to include the late Shiozawa Kaneto in the castings. I don't know about the audio drama for Yousei Sakusen and HoshiPi though, but Sensei did says he enjoys seiyuu.

- I wrote this because I couldn't follow today [K] event. Movie? Seriously :P
- Kirito-kun said Mikako-shi is cuter with long hair during last year end-of-year MoPi event, and then the Director 'punished' him.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-05-26 at 11:22.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 11:43   Link #503
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I thought she was relatively new...I heard her as Marika last year and that was the first time I heard of her name until K came along. I would've liked to have heard her and Tsuda talk though.....Couldn't stand Suoh that much but man oh man Tsuda's voice is sexxxxeeeee....
Old 2013-05-26, 12:17   Link #504
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I thought she was relatively new...I heard her as Marika last year and that was the first time I heard of her name until K came along. I would've liked to have heard her and Tsuda talk though.....Couldn't stand Suoh that much but man oh man Tsuda's voice is sexxxxeeeee....
From all I could find she is pretty new. The oldest role I can find for her dates from 2010 so I question the thesis that says that she hasn't grown after all this time. She has less than 3 years in the business, she hasn't even managed to get that many roles to show her range.

Also I must say I loved her as Marika. She made a great job on that role (and that reminds me that I haven't listened to Black Holy in a while. )
Old 2013-05-27, 10:59   Link #505
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She's been doing some bit roles in places since then. Saki in Girls und Panzer sort of startled people (mostly because that character practcally never speaks). She's also done at least two small child roles in Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (she plays the Chief Engineer's grand daughter who is probably 3 years old, and Jiro Shima, the 9 year little brother of one of the ship's Chief Navigator.) I probably wouldn't have noticed she played both except that the two roles were done in sequence. First the Engineer's grand daughter talking to her grandfather, and then Jiro talking to his older bother. Then I could pick out that is was the same actress...and that Jiro sounds almost like Captain Marika.
Old 2013-05-29, 18:33   Link #506
ElCachicamo

Akio Otsuka's voice is just perfect. The guy is Batou, Solid Snake and Big Boss.

Sumire Uesaka, she stole the show with Dekomori Sanae. I love every single line she says in Chuu2.

Koichi Yamadera, this guy is in my opinion the best voice actor in Japan. The things he can do with his voice are amazing.

Norio Wakamoto, this guy is rrrreally good at what he does.

Takaya Kuroda, great voice for manly and cool characters. He was Darcia in Wolf's Rain and Kazuma Kiryu in the yakuza games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8smn3dKjv0s

Aya Hirano, she is very pretty and a fantastic voice actress. I like his duet with Koichi Yamadera in Yakuza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKItddlXJys
ElCachicamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 18:58   Link #507
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCachicamo View Post
Akio Otsuka's voice is just perfect. The guy is Batou, Solid Snake and Big Boss.

Sumire Uesaka, she stole the show with Dekomori Sanae. I love every single line she says in Chuu2.

Koichi Yamadera, this guy is in my opinion the best voice actor in Japan. The things he can do with his voice are amazing.

Norio Wakamoto, this guy is rrrreally good at what he does.

Takaya Kuroda, great voice for manly and cool characters. He was Darcia in Wolf's Rain and Kazuma Kiryu in the yakuza games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8smn3dKjv0s

Aya Hirano, she is very pretty and a fantastic voice actress. I like his duet with Koichi Yamadera in Yakuza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKItddlXJys
I also agree with you on these seiyuus. I feel bad for Hirano Aya currently due to her reputation.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 19:11   Link #508
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

ahhh......Hirano the diva.

Does she still do anything? I read last that she pretty much stopped doing the seiyuu stuff.
Old 2013-05-29, 19:51   Link #509
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She still voices roles. She was in Girls und Panzer not that long ago.
Old 2013-05-29, 20:46   Link #510
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
ahhh......Hirano the diva.

Does she still do anything? I read last that she pretty much stopped doing the seiyuu stuff.
Well, she still has role of Lucy from Fairy Tail and Nobume from Gintama. So pratically she still has her seiyuu job if these two series continue some days later.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 22:12   Link #511
judasmartel
*Author

- Is Kuroyukihime from Accel World considered as Sachika Misawa's breakout role, or should we wait for a better role for her in the future? It actually surprised me that her voice was different as Alisa Meigo from the To Aru Majutsu no Index Endymion movie. As in, I didn't really think it was her.

- Joji Nakata aka King Leonidas aka Kirei Kotomine. The only reason why non-Christians go to church is that they get to hear Kirei Kotomine speak.

- Rikiya Koyama aka Captain Yamato aka Jack Bauer aka Kiritsugu Emiya. Guy was actually asked how different were Jack and Kiritsugu compared to each other. His reply here.

- Tessho Genda aka Younger Toguro aka Batmanius Prime. He actually voiced a lot of badass Western actors, such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Steven Seagal, Laurence Fishburne, and Samuel L. FREAKING Jackson!

- So, what do you think of seiyuus voicing in Japanese dubs of Western films?

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-05-29 at 22:24.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 14:26   Link #512
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I also agree with you on these seiyuus. I feel bad for Hirano Aya currently due to her reputation.
Also: her previous agency effectively stopped accepting any new roles for her due to the controversies. The Girls und Panzer role was her first role after managing to switch to another agency so we can at least expect her to start showing up in a few shows from now on.
Old 2013-06-01, 20:19   Link #513
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Wishing a happy brithday to Sawashiro Miyuki. Such a talented person and has done great work over the years, hope to hear more of her for years to come.
Old 2013-06-01, 20:26   Link #514
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Wishing a happy brithday to Sawashiro Miyuki. Such a talented person and has done great work over the years, hope to hear more of her for years to come.
Happy Birthday Sawashiro-san!
Old 2013-06-01, 20:30   Link #515
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Happy birthday to Sawashiro san
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 20:36   Link #516
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

One of my favorite seiyuu
Happy birthday Miyukichi~

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 06:23   Link #517
Westlo
Lets be reality

Miyukichi da gawdess, best in the business.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 09:53   Link #518
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Happy birthday! It's always a joy to hear her. Her voice is so sensual.
Old 2013-06-02, 10:27   Link #519
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I could listen to her voice all day and just want to hear even more. To me, that kind of talent you don't find very commonly. In games my favorite role she has done is without a doubt Milla Maxwell from Tales of Xillia. In anime its either Kanbaru or Inaba, thats a toss up for me.
Old 2013-06-05, 00:57   Link #520
justpassingby

The full PV for Owaranai Uta is available on the internet. As expected of Hiyocchi.

Can I look forward to a happy end in Hal? Or perhaps not.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-06-05 at 01:34.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote