AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-19, 20:40   Link #281
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
yes they most definately did. but you have to read the nevel after (ANOT) to see what happens next as there are quite a few plot twists thats leave everyone hanging as to what is going to happen to Souske and Kaname.
Old 2009-07-25, 23:55   Link #282
colol

if nami came in the anime, i think many would shift from sousuke kaname fan to sousuke nami fan. just reading their interaction in the novel, not to mention their picture together made me think how come the author just doesn't make nami the lead female. she has more positive values to sousuke not to mention think with her head and it would lead to less violent relationship. u could even feel the tension sousuke had with her and i still could feel the shivers whenever i keep reading their interactions. well i guess i could comfort with myself if they decide to do a continuation nami would appear of course!!! then many would see she's more perfect for sousuke. too bad she had to die. but i would have no doubt that nami would have an incredibly laarge fanbase if she appear in the anime. no doubt about that!!!!
Old 2009-07-27, 00:53   Link #283
colol

sousuke even said that tessa is an important person to him!! so even if he does like kaname, he also have feelings for tessa. no doubt about that. the novel could go in many different angle now that sousuke saw the vision of kaname shooting both him and tessa. it might make both tessa and him grow more closer.
Old 2009-07-27, 22:03   Link #284
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by colol View Post
sousuke even said that tessa is an important person to him!! so even if he does like kaname, he also have feelings for tessa. no doubt about that. the novel could go in many different angle now that sousuke saw the vision of kaname shooting both him and tessa. it might make both tessa and him grow more closer.
sorry but i cant really see this happening for the reason that at the end of TSR Sousuke pretty much told Tessa that he only likes her as a freind and he only has feelings for Kaname. in ANOT even after Sousuke has that vision of Kaname shooting him he would never give up on getting her back after everything he's been through and also

Spoiler for CMMD:

after this i couldnt imagine him giving up and going to Tessa instead.
Old 2009-08-03, 17:06   Link #285
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by colol View Post
if nami came in the anime, i think many would shift from sousuke kaname fan to sousuke nami fan. just reading their interaction in the novel, not to mention their picture together made me think how come the author just doesn't make nami the lead female. she has more positive values to sousuke not to mention think with her head and it would lead to less violent relationship. u could even feel the tension sousuke had with her and i still could feel the shivers whenever i keep reading their interactions. well i guess i could comfort with myself if they decide to do a continuation nami would appear of course!!! then many would see she's more perfect for sousuke. too bad she had to die. but i would have no doubt that nami would have an incredibly laarge fanbase if she appear in the anime. no doubt about that!!!!
sousuke x nami ?? x_X no,no,no,no !
Spoiler for nami:

Last edited by Chidori<3; 2009-08-04 at 03:03. Reason: spoiler
Old 2009-08-03, 17:28   Link #286
Akka

Could you be a bit careful with the spoilers here, thanks...
Old 2009-08-03, 18:45   Link #287
ArkhanTheBlack

Quote:
sorry but i cant really see this happening for the reason that at the end of TSR Sousuke pretty much told Tessa that he only likes her as a freind and he only has feelings for Kaname.
I also read this novel a while ago and if I remember right there was a kitchen scene at the beginning with Sosuke sitting at a table and Tessa cooking something. In this scene the author describes some feelings and/or memories of Sosuke towards Tessa. I don't know if the english translation was accurate but it was an almost insane description that she was kind of goddess for him when he saw her the first time and it took almost half a year for him until he could clearly speak to her.
Since the author was describing his feelings/memories, this can be considered a 'reliable' information. I think there are two conclusions for this situation:

1.) Tessa is clearly not 'just a friend' for him!
2.) Sosuke has at least strong feelings of admiration and affection for her (Maybe even more...)
3.) He considers her pretty much out of his reach. She's kind of 'royalty' and he just a common soldier.

Sosuke definitely likes Kaname and she's much closer to his 'social level' than Tessa. Tessa was quite bold with her question if he loves her. That pretty much left him with no other choice than to refuse her. Sosuke might be a bit slow sometimes, but he's not dumb. If he answers her with yes he's pretty much agreed to start a relationship with Tessa, and that's something he considers almost impossible for a guy of his status. The other consequence would be an automatic rejection of Kaname which he also doesn't want.

The simple truth is probably that he loves both Tessa and Kaname, but since he can't have both and he considers Tessa out of his reach, the most reasonable decision for him would be a choice of Kaname.

Can't comment on Nami though, since I didn't read that novel...
Old 2009-08-04, 03:03   Link #288
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
Could you be a bit careful with the spoilers here, thanks...

sorry I've totally forgot ^^'

Last edited by Chidori<3; 2009-08-04 at 15:13.
Old 2009-08-04, 22:42   Link #289
MackaFMP
Disabled By Request

Location: California (i heard there's gonna be a dramatic climate change) imma scarreddd!
Send a message via MSN to MackaFMP
???

wow. sousuke is having feelings for another girl? (nami)? when did this happen? i thought he liked kaname.. im lost.. WHAT HAPPENED TO SOUSUKE AND KANME FOREVER AND EVER? where did he meet this girl anyways?
Old 2009-08-05, 12:40   Link #290
velvet nightmare

Spoiler for nami:
Old 2009-08-05, 22:18   Link #291
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
Spoiler for nami:
yes this is a very good description of the Sousuke and Nami relationship

but one thing you missed out on was that

Spoiler for Novel:
Old 2009-08-06, 15:25   Link #292
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Yeah I agree with you FMC. I enjoyed Nami's appearance but ultimately I knew it couldn't work out. I don't think Sousuke could have ever forgotten about Kaname.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-08-19, 11:04   Link #293
Celebrianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
but one thing you missed out on was that

Spoiler for Novel:
Spoiler for Sousuke and Nami:
Old 2009-09-08, 08:05   Link #294
OctoberFlames

Nami's dead, so I don't think she has any relevance to the discussion.

Spoiler for Novel:
Old 2009-09-21, 04:12   Link #295
eigner

"I will definitely go. Wait for me"
"Uhn..."
Kaname said with a short voice.
"Sousuke.... I love you very much"
"Me too. I love you."
Having these words coming out naturally, he himself was also surprised.
"I'm happy.... then, let's meet properly next time, I will definitely give you a kiss. With all my strenght. No matter what the place. Alright? It's a promise okay?"
"Aah, it's a promise."
Old 2009-09-21, 05:18   Link #296
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Maybe whack that into some spoiler tags, mate. Pretty pivotal moment there.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2010-11-17, 12:01   Link #297
SyphonScott

So glad this argument is over. Finished the last book. Read it if you haven't. Makes my heart melt. Sousuke is so epic.

Spoiler for Kaname Sousuke:
Old 2011-07-23, 08:43   Link #298
hanasanaide

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx View Post
hard to say. sagara doesn't seem express his feelings very well.. in fact he totally sucks at it. I do think he likes kaname more than tessa, he doesn't feel as comfortable around her. But a guy like sagara will never say how he really feels
hahaha..that's how anime should go..there's some kind of law on that...haha
Old 2012-01-03, 10:52   Link #299
Odraccir

Question Why does Sousuke ignore the Bikini??

I was just wandering during a rewacht/read....

Spoiler for Full Metal Panic Fumoffu Episode 03 & Full Metal Panic Manga Chapter 19:

Why? Actually he was'nt so immune to allure in some situations before and after that moment. So maybe he tried to ignore it purposely, because it affect his vigilantness, his concentration or whatever.
Is there any hint or something in the novels or somewhere else??
Old 2012-01-03, 11:00   Link #300
Odraccir

I was just wondering during a rewatch/read...

Spoiler for Chapter 19 of FMP-Manga - or - Episode 03 of Fumoffu-Anime:

So I asked myself. Why?? Actually Souske was in several situations before and after that moment not immune to feminine (physically) charms. But why in this situation?? Is this a strategy of himself to be prepared, because that could affect his concentration? Is there any hint in the novels or something??

I was just wondering...

Edit:
Sorry, it was not my Intention at all to create a duble-post. But in the moment of submitting, there was an error request or something. So I thought I'd have to write it again, 'cause i couldn't see my reply at that moment. And I also want to excuse, if my english is too bad, but I'm German
Closed Thread