AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-02-26, 16:54   Link #81
Mentar
Banned

Thanks for the scanlation

Just one observation: Like this chapter showed, Miyuki's assessment of her brother is obviously fairly realistic - his fighting abilities seemed remarkable, so most likely her awe of his magical abilities indicates that there's more to him than we can see so far. I smell another Kamijou Touma with more brains and less preachiness.

(Which is a good thing, because I hope that the arrogant blooms get their head set straight soonish)

Anyway, excellent story, awaiting the following chapters with bated breath!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 16:59   Link #82
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Just finished reading chapter 3. It's nice to see that Tatsuya actually intervened before the situation got worse. Who knows what he would've done to Miyuki if left alone.

As for Tatsuya's role in the company, I guess he's some sort of lab rat? Also, the discrimination is really getting out of hand. Those blooms needs to know the bitter taste of losing to someone they consider "inferior." It'd be a wonderful chapter to read for sure.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 17:25   Link #83
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Tatsuya can probably kick all of there asses combined without breaking a sweat...
and it would probably be so one sided that no one would realize wtf they are witnessing.

I also dont think Tatsuya's role is a lab rat, but more of a auxillary filler.
Basically he's the goto man when something is short handed because he can efficiently do anything thats required faster then the main.

I think this is why his father depends on him heavily... because no one is as efficient as he is in accomplishing the job, hence why he is pissed that Tatsuya left him leaving them majorly short handed.
when your the problem solver, and the dependent realizes your gone... the dependent will get PISSED, because its hard to fill the role of the problem solver.
Especially one with goldly typing skills like Tatsuya.

Or his father is worried that Tatsuya is going to slip and reveal the secret he's been hiding... we all can agree he's hiding something big....

Also Miyuki if she loves her onichan, she should of busted a yandere and nuked the field....
Or as Tatsuya left, she should of nuked the field and told those guys never to speak to her brother like that.
Seriously... she busted a yandere when she saw him talking to other girls, yet when there are people bad mouthing her brother she just sits there?

I was a miyuki wincest supporter but after this... forget that.... Kaichou x Tatsuya all the way.... at least I feel she has the ability to tell the people around her to shut up.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 17:31   Link #84
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
Tatsuya can probably kick all of there asses combined without breaking a sweat...
and it would probably be so one sided that no one would realize wtf they are witnessing.

I also dont think Tatsuya's role is a lab rat, but more of a auxillary filler.
Basically he's the goto man when something is short handed because he can efficiently do anything thats required faster then the main.

I think this is why his father depends on him heavily... because no one is as efficient as he is in accomplishing the job, hence why he is pissed that Tatsuya left him leaving them majorly short handed.

Also Miyuki if she loves her onichan should of busted a yandere and nuked the field....
Or as Tatsuya left, she should of nuked the field and told those guys never to speak to her brother like that.

I was a miyuki wincest supporter but after this... forget that.... Kaichou x Tatsuya all the way.... at least she had the ability to tell the people around her to shut up.
Well probably she is only not doing anything because of how her onii-sama told her to behave properly...ibt i really do want her to go yandere on all of them
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 17:39   Link #85
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Well probably she is only not doing anything because of how her onii-sama told her to behave properly...ibt i really do want her to go yandere on all of them
thats the thing tho... she doesnt shown any sign of anger tho.
If someone was bad mouthing someone close to me, they would get a ear full faster then you would realize WTF just happened.

And for someone as "important" as Tatsuya to Miyuki, her just sitting there got on my nerves...
Why? because she turns out to be a cock block for the MC... and man... I am annoyed of cock blocks...

She was pissed her father didnt even send him an email.. yet when you have idiots who are flaunting over you and jealous bad mouthing that important person, she just stands there?

ARGH... *goes kicking a trashcan*

Man... forget that.... Miyuki can just rot her with "elite" suitors... Kaichou Mayumi has my vote all the way now until we see Kaichou mess something up royally like miyuki did.
Old 2012-02-26, 17:47   Link #86
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Also Miyuki if she loves her onichan, she should of busted a yandere and nuked the field....
Seriously... she busted a yandere when she saw him talking to other girls, yet when there are people bad mouthing her brother she just sits there?
Actually, I'm pretty sure that one of the reasons of why Tatsuya is heated is because Miyuki keeps speaking highly of how amazing he is every time that he is not around When he is present he usually tells her not to behave like that.

Again, thx to larethian for the translation
Old 2012-02-26, 17:48   Link #87
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

So Tatsuya is a ninja ? will we see actions scenes that will need that kind of skills ?
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 17:54   Link #88
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
So Tatsuya is a ninja ? will we see actions scenes that will need that kind of skills ?
i assume so... but man..

male ninja's = boring..
Female ninja's = Fun
Old 2012-02-26, 18:10   Link #89
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Man... forget that.... Miyuki can just rot her with "elite" suitors... Kaichou Mayumi has my vote all the way now until we see Kaichou mess something up royally like miyuki did.
Er... what are you talking about? What did Miyuki "mess up royally"? It was Tatsuya who pushed Miyuki away by pretending to be done eating and wanting to go home ahead.
Old 2012-02-26, 19:01   Link #90
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Er... what are you talking about? What did Miyuki "mess up royally"? It was Tatsuya who pushed Miyuki away by pretending to be done eating and wanting to go home ahead.
he pushed her away because he saw a scene coming up.

however she just stood there twice and allowed them to bad mouth him.

The girl with the glasses finally lost it after it happened the second time.
It shouldnt of been the girl with the glasses losing it... it should of been miyuki.

also anyone else think the teacher was there because of tatsuya?
The school found potential in his near perfect paper results and decided a teacher should be present with him without drafting too much attention to the rest of the school?
The teacher seemed to eye tatsuya and also seemed to be quite content with him staying.
Old 2012-02-26, 19:39   Link #91
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
he pushed her away because he saw a scene coming up.
That's the point: HE is the one who decided to reject Miyuki's attempts to be with him. Not Miyuki.

Quote:
however she just stood there twice and allowed them to bad mouth him.
They didn't badmouth him (Miyuki reacts much more strongly to that). It was about the bloom/weed distinction.

Quote:
The girl with the glasses finally lost it after it happened the second time.
It shouldnt of been the girl with the glasses losing it... it should of been miyuki.
That would have forced Miyuki to openly and publicly defy her brother, and this is something that would be VERY unnatural for her to do. Miyuki has her own head, but she accepts Tatsuya's lead, even if she dislikes it (which she clearly does). Miyuki doesn't share the bigoted bloom/weed view, she immediately befriended Tatsuya's classmates, and she clearly came out against it in her speech.

No, the one who is responsible for prolonging this stupid charade is Tatsuya, not Miyuki.
Old 2012-02-26, 21:45   Link #92
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Thanks for the scanlation

Just one observation: Like this chapter showed, Miyuki's assessment of her brother is obviously fairly realistic - his fighting abilities seemed remarkable, so most likely her awe of his magical abilities indicates that there's more to him than we can see so far. I smell another Kamijou Touma with more brains and less preachiness.

(Which is a good thing, because I hope that the arrogant blooms get their head set straight soonish)

Anyway, excellent story, awaiting the following chapters with bated breath!
I think the better character comparison is the protagonist in Iris zero.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 21:49   Link #93
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
No, the one who is responsible for prolonging this stupid charade is Tatsuya, not Miyuki.
lol well i partially agree with you on that... but still i feel kinda bitter...

i guess i would make a terrible MC.. or a supporting character in a manga..
Old 2012-02-26, 22:13   Link #94
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I concur. I believe the protagonist from that series also hates to be the center of attention...
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 22:59   Link #95
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
lol well i partially agree with you on that... but still i feel kinda bitter...
Chill, dammit. Trust in onii-sama.

But really, it's very clear Miyuki was holding back because she knew her onii-sama wanted her to hold back -- he brushed her off and all -- and because they didn't insult him directly yet. Otherwise those blooms are already vaporized ("he doesn't deserve you" = kaboom, unless Tatsuya steps in).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Ya. Touma's an idiot punchball. This guy seems to be the calculating type. You could also say he's Lelouch (smart, handsome, siscon, big secret), minus the unhinged royalty thing and plus the physical skills. The jury's still out on the Fabulous.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 01:04   Link #96
whsie

Having read the novel, I wouldn't quite say the MC is Lelouch. Lelouch is all brains and no muscles. The MC is a genius academically and sharp strategically, but I wouldn't say he is quite the grand planner Lelouch is. Lelouch thought about things in terms of continents vs. continents. I wouldn't say the MC has ambitions like that though there is something about his family (hinted in chapter 3).

As for actual combat, the MC is elite. Sure his martial arts help, but he has elite skill and a special magical ability too. In that sense, he isn't anything like Lelouch who starts to fatigue in within a few hops.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 02:14   Link #97
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Having read the novel, I wouldn't quite say the MC is Lelouch. Lelouch is all brains and no muscles. The MC is a genius academically and sharp strategically, but I wouldn't say he is quite the grand planner Lelouch is. Lelouch thought about things in terms of continents vs. continents. I wouldn't say the MC has ambitions like that though there is something about his family (hinted in chapter 3).

As for actual combat, the MC is elite. Sure his martial arts help, but he has elite skill and a special magical ability too. In that sense, he isn't anything like Lelouch who starts to fatigue in within a few hops.

This is borderline spoiler. Let them find out themselves as the story progresses and make their own judgement.

Not addressing to anyone in particular, but this is not the thread to 'show off' your future knowledge from the LN. There is already an LN thread here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109655

So stop talking about things, events, or clues of what will happen and how the characters are which are not shown in the manga yet. Show consideration to the manga-only readers who don't want to be spoiled. You can however post events or information present in the LN but missing from the manga, but only up till the timeline of the manga and in SPOILER tags. eg.
Spoiler for comparison with LN on explanation of Yakumo's Ninjutsu:

Please read the spoiler policies of the forum here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?..._spoilerpolicy
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...78#post3328978 (especially point 3).

Man, I feel like a mod.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 03:26   Link #98
shishio

Wait lare..you mean you're not a mod? I thought you were when I first read your post.

Anyway, I wonder why the MC always like to compare himself with his sister and why keep looking down on himself? Seems like most of the people around him actually look up to him except most of the blooms. Why does he have such low self esteem? It makes him looks like a super emo guy (ex: Layfon)
shishio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 04:42   Link #99
Mentar
Banned

I don't even get the feeling that he has "such a low self-esteem", he's much too controlled and dedicated for that. Keep in mind, he's obviously defying his powerful father.

The way I see it he only wants to make sure that Miyuki's brocon doesn't cause her negative repercussions with her bloom classmates - which however looks like a very poor call to me. And well, now that it's out in the open, we'll see how things go.
Old 2012-02-27, 10:18   Link #100
AlaAlba

Instead of all these things about on who Tatsuya or Miyuki to blame - discussion, I'm more interested to that two seated futuristic train . No more groping in train! No more chikan! XD Nice for couple!
lol, it doesn't have any minus points does it?

AND for those girl uniforms, aren't they just fabulous ? (esp the part when Miyuki used her magic ) They're so revealing for a uniform. Revealing body line, that is.
They're just like Miu's (from Kenichi) but without those outrageous things

I can sense some cosplays in near future
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irregular, koukou, mahouka, manga, rettousei, school life, shounen, yuutousei