AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-01, 22:00   Link #21
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
To be honest, i don't want a FFVII remake.It should just remain as it should.A legend of RPGs. Square should just focus on new titles such as Final Fantasy Versus XIII and their other future titles rather than nostalgia.They should just move on rather to please the fanboys.
I agree with you for a different reason. The recent re-release of FF7 on PC was horrible with three different types of obstructive DRM, Cloud saving that can't be turned off and erase your hard drive saves, and even use the bad quality BGM. This simply isn't acceptable when the game is 15 years old and superior hacked versions already available everywhere. The stupid "achievements" was simply an insult added to injury.

This kind of decision making made me realise that the company that made FF7 is simply DEAD. What ever studio call SE is simply a fraud and incapable of ever remaking a decent FF7.
Old 2012-09-01, 22:11   Link #22
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

To this today, Final fantasy is still hugely popular.However, let's face it. Final Fantasy XIII was generally gave a mixed reaction to the final fantasy fanbase. I just hope with Final Fantasy Versus XIII, the square enix that made all of those legendary games will return.

I'm skeptical of what Final Fantasy XIII-3 would do though. Being skeptical is the best bet when it comes to this fabula nova crystallis series.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 22:16   Link #23
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

..They said that there's going to be a lot amount of customization for Lightning in this game. I just hope that at least she's not the only character we could control in this game ._.

About the concept world...it's really confusing since I thought everyone was gone after the end in XIII-2. How the hell could someone build up that kind of civilization when the world is like that? It's highly possible that it's an alternate universe like Valhalla too though

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 22:21   Link #24
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
..They said that there's going to be a lot amount of customization for Lightning in this game. I just hope that at least she's not the only character we could control in this game ._.
Dress up Lightning time?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 23:47   Link #25
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

if i had bought any of the FFXIII, i would had been pissed specially when they stated that XII-2 would put a closure to the story, and they specially mentioned ligthing.
Old 2012-09-02, 00:38   Link #26
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

The MagicBox posted a few more details from Famitsu:

Quote:
Famitsu reported impression of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII's battle system from the demo event...
•The game has a time progression system which shows a time counter on screen.
•Lightning can now perform sneaking action when she is exploring or pursuit enemies
•You can customize the equipment in sets, and switch between them during the battle
Blast Witch, Holy Liberator are some of the costume sets, there are transformation sequence when you change
•The battle system has an Active Time Battle gauge which fills up with time progress
•You can assign skills to buttons and access them quickly
•Large enemies have multiple break points, when allows you to stunt them. While it is in break state, you can steal from them.
•The final break state is called Overclock, which freezes time
Old 2012-09-02, 00:51   Link #27
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampirePaladin View Post
Hard to get worked up when we don't have anything more than a few concept arts and none of them being character/plot related based on appearances.
We have a bunch of info on gameplay and impressions from people who actually got to see it.
I'm pretty hyped, actually. It sounds surprisingly awesome.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 01:05   Link #28
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I agree with you for a different reason. The recent re-release of FF7 on PC was horrible with three different types of obstructive DRM, Cloud saving that can't be turned off and erase your hard drive saves, and even use the bad quality BGM. This simply isn't acceptable when the game is 15 years old and superior hacked versions already available everywhere. The stupid "achievements" was simply an insult added to injury.

This kind of decision making made me realise that the company that made FF7 is simply DEAD. What ever studio call SE is simply a fraud and incapable of ever remaking a decent FF7.
True enough, they didn't care at all when they re-released FF7. They could have at least made it better but they didn't even try. Just a shoddy job done, it's like they're clueless over all that has happened since FF7 was released.

Than their "complete" edition that's overpriced and the games have no improvements and can only work on certain systems. The least they could have done was make it all workable on the PS3 at least. Especially since all the games can be obtained for far cheaper than what they're offering.

Square has fallen far...

Lightning was supposed to be their Cloud but somehow they dropped the ball on that. She's better than her sister but it seems too late to try and patch this up.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 02:23   Link #29
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I ask... why? is FFXIII Verus their side project or some stuff?
FF Versus XIII won't be showing on this year's TGS either btw.

leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 02:54   Link #30
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
To be honest, i don't want a FFVII remake.It should just remain as it should.A legend of RPGs. Square should just focus on new titles such as Final Fantasy Versus XIII and their other future titles rather than nostalgia.They should just move on rather to please the fanboys.
True enough. However that one remake will guarantee the company enough success to bring them back from the verge of bankruptcy. If not for the "fanboys" (how I loathe the term -- seems like ANYONE who shows a liking to a specific FF game is a "fangboy/girl" ) then for the financial security, and the added perk of being able to tighten the strings connecting FFVII to BC, CC & DoC.
Old 2012-09-02, 05:22   Link #31
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
The MagicBox posted a few more details from Famitsu:
Now I'm really scared that we can only use Lightning in this game. That assigning skills to button seems pretty interesting though... oh and that transformation sequence too.

Quote:
We have a bunch of info on gameplay and impressions from people who actually got to see it.
I'm pretty hyped, actually. It sounds surprisingly awesome.
Oh? We have gameplay footage?

Old 2012-09-02, 05:31   Link #32
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Von Himmel, it sounds like you didn't see 1up's preview article linked on the first page of this thread.
Old 2012-09-02, 06:42   Link #33
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I think they should just start over with FFXV. FXIII has been a wash, I don't know why they're pouring so many sequels into a game that was not exactly well liked.

Square Enix is basically creatively bankrupt. They make more sequels and spin-offs now then proper original games.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 06:44   Link #34
Zeydra
A random passerby

I think this sounds pretty promising. I will say right now that I did enjoy both XIII and XIII-2 and have been eagerly waiting for this sequel. Final Fantasy may not be up to the same standard as it once was, but they still make some pretty fun mainline games. I like that they are taking risks with this, and can't wait to see how this plays out. Hopefully the time aspect is used in more ways than just a deadline, and is used like in Majoras Mask to allow NPCs to truly feel alive.

If they ditch Caius though, I am going to be very annoyed. One of the most threatening villains in the modern games in my opinion, and his theme was glorious.
Spoiler for Final Fantasy XIII-2 ending spoilers:
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 07:02   Link #35
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I'll admit the gameplay sounds a bit interesting, but I don't see why they didn't do this with an original storyline.

I know I'm not going to play this because I didn't finish FFXIII, or play FFXIII-2 (due to it's poor reviews). They should have started anew.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 07:30   Link #36
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I know I'm not going to play this because I didn't finish FFXIII, or play FFXIII-2 (due to it's poor reviews). They should have started anew.
Correct me if i'm wrong and likely you will, are you basically suggesting a reboot or a remake of FFXIII?

And It's not really that poor if you ask me. I generally don't care about numerical ratings because they are misleading in my opinion but it got 9's from many gaming sites such as game informer and Computer and videogames.Although the overall ratings by all gaming sites not that high as the previous titles(Such as FFVII which got 9+ in every gaming sites), it's still a generally had a positive reception.

Last edited by Vladrave; 2012-09-02 at 08:05.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:00   Link #37
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The 13 day thing turns me off, for sure.

I didn't get XIII-2 largely on the lack of Lightning. I actually liked XIII-2 and she was my favorite character. Not sure if that would get me to buy something like this, though.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:04   Link #38
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Von Himmel, it sounds like you didn't see 1up's preview article linked on the first page of this thread.
Guess I didn't see that... thanks for the link ..I still didn't see any video containing the gameplay though (other than some explanation about time and stuffs), which one is it? @_@

Anyway, after reading that link, I've seen that Lightning is really the only playable character in this game... I hope they still make it good.

Old 2012-09-02, 10:59   Link #39
com_gwp

SE's incredibly odd naming sense rears it's head again. Why didn't they simply just call this FF13-3? Lightening Returns: FF13 is such a mouthful, even though I can understand them wanting to put emphasis on the titular character

I'll still get this day one. The new mechanics sound truly awesome, like how they're using time as a depleting key resource, and the customization, something I've wanted to see from an FF game for the longest time. Plus I want to see this story to its conclusion. But SE damn well better show something new or put all efforts into finally finishing Versus after this last digression.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2012-09-02 at 11:12.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 12:20   Link #40
GrimJack

Just call it Lightning Returns then how many people use the full title of Crisis Core or the countless other micro games that came out for FFVII?