asincuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 19:24   Link #1103
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saner
Hello,

Why did Shirou stronger than Archer?
Shirou's not stronger than Archer.

In their duel, Archer allowed himself to lose.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 21:37   Link #1104
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by saner
Hello,

Why did Shirou stronger than Archer?
Gamewise, or animewise?

Anime-wise, Shirou isn't stronger than Archer. Archer just got killed off before he could remember everything he was capable of doing. That and he is reliant on his Master to provide mana for his performance in battle - with her presence far away, his performance would slowly diminish.

Game-wise, now there's a difference. Archer allowed himself to lose against Shirou in their duel, but man oh man, did Archer kick ass by himself.
Old 2006-08-18, 14:28   Link #1105
Question
Crossdresser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
Search for "The Moonlit World" and look up the Fate/Stay Night section there.
I.....wouldnt do that. The grammar there is quite atrocious and some of the interpretations are wrong, and some are just way far out.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 08:48   Link #1106
Kyoshino

Installion help ; ;

Hi just recently got my copy of FSN, but am having trouble installing it. I have windows xp and region language is set to Japanese. The problem that I'm having is during the installation wizard, after the file check, I get a driver box.

D:setup

my Japanese isn't very good and windows don't seem to be displaying the charaters correctly so i can't make out what it wants me to do. I've tried several areas to point it to but none seem to be working. i'm assuming it wants to point it somewhere but I can't make it out, I'm getting alot of "???????????".

any help is greatly apperciated!
Kyoshino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 04:08   Link #1107
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Regional and Language Settings, then to Advanced settings, non Unicode set to Japanese.
Old 2006-08-30, 08:39   Link #1108
Kyoshino

ah, thx i'll have to try that when i get home. thx again!
Old 2006-08-31, 08:37   Link #1109
Infinit Strife
Knight of Avalon

Send a message via AIM to Infinit Strife Send a message via Yahoo to Infinit Strife
I'm not exactly sure if u answered this yet, but here is a question: i know that Fate Stay Night is an Anime based off an ero game, but is there an official manga for it? and if so where can i d/l a translated version?
Infinit Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 18:37   Link #1110
Myname

The Archer class is a joke isn't it?

"Archer" might as well be called Saber, same goes for Gilgamesh.

Freaking, Archer used his bow ONCE. His ultimate attack is to create unlimited SWORDS?!?!?

Gilgamesh doesn't even have a bow. He's got a bunch of melee weapons. I guess he's kinda like an archer. All he does is shoot out energy beams.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 18:52   Link #1111
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname

Freaking, Archer used his bow ONCE. His ultimate attack is to create unlimited SWORDS?!?!?

Gilgamesh doesn't even have a bow. He's got a bunch of melee weapons. I guess he's kinda like an archer. All he does is shoot out energy beams.
The Archer class doesn't have that many requirements for it. All you need to do is be able to shoot projectiles, and that's it.

Archer himself is a terrific marksman, but long-distance fighting isn't really his style. Gilgamesh just shoots things out of his vault because: 1) he doesn't know how to use them, and 2) he doesn't like using Ea on 'lower-class' enemies.
Old 2006-09-01, 19:28   Link #1112
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
gil does know how to use the weps from his gates but he tends to just shoot them for a more devastating effect...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 19:35   Link #1113
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
gil does know how to use the weps from his gates but he tends to just shoot them for a more devastating effect...
No, Gil doesn't know how to use his weapons effectively. This is why Shirou in the Unlimited Blade Works path was able to defeat him with his UBW. While Shirou only had copies of the weapons (and copies are inferior to the original), he also copied the skill of the weapon's user, which allowed him to fight Gil and his Gate of Babylon and win.
Old 2006-09-02, 00:43   Link #1114
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:

Eirei Emiya was an Archer class because of his Eyes of the Mind, and his ridiculously overpowered Broken Phantasm.

Gilgamesh was an Archer because he can shoot out his Noble Phantasms from his vault.

The Archer class gives a bonus to the special abilities that the Eirei possesses. Unlike Sabers, whose special abilities are not that expendable, Archers are able to use their skills (Noble Phantasms) with little penalty.

The Archer class is freaking powerful when used properly. You didn't see the UBW path animated, so you don't know the power and skill that Archer displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
As Archer stated, Gilgamesh is a dumbass. He just hoarded those weapons. Shirou, when tracing a weapon, traces the memories of the weapon's usage as well, which is why he is able to fight so well when using Traced weapons, but you never saw that animated (Shirou vs Gil)!
Old 2006-09-02, 04:55   Link #1115
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Just finished the UBW path last week.
I have to correct---Shirou didn't defeat by using the skill in the weapon to defeat Gilgamesh. Instead, he uses the ability 'broken phantasm' to raise the Noble Phantasm by one rank via destroying them, and thus cancelling out Gilgamesh's weapons. (traced weapons are lowered by one rank, broken phantasm increases its rank by one and thus Shirou and Gilgamesh's weapons cancels out)

I enjoyed it so much when Gil screamed 'im--impossible!' even I like Gil.

And...Archer didn't allow Shirou to kill off himself. He allowed Shirou to defeat him--Archer WASN'T killed by Shirou.

Shirou was an Archer because he doesn't fit other classes.
Saber: Shirou's swordsmanship is not really good at all.
Archer: fits becauses he can use a bow. And according to Archer, Shirou is actually very good at archery---Shirou never missed his target before.
Lancer: Getting stabbed by a lance will not make you a lancer...(getting killed 3 times in a day...lol)
Rider: Riding a bike does not make you a rider.
Berserker: Probably...he's crazy enough to be. But since Hercules was summoned BEFORE the holy grail war, Shirou can't be berserker in this one. And the other holy grail wars weren't animated/described in the game/manga/story
Assassin: Shiki can, but not Shirou
Caster: Grrreat...a Caster who can't cast spells...Shirou's mystic in the story is actually a leak of his reality marble. Shirou's origin is 'swords' (For more information on 'origin' please read Kara no Kyokai or pm me for details)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowkaiq
What, tsukihime??? Oh my god...I loved that anime.
Please don't play the game then--it'll will ruin your image of the anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychousucks
in the final episode, after saber defeats gilgamesh, he states that avalon was "untouchable even to the 5 magics," and on wikipedia it states that avalon is "comparable only to "true" magic."
so my question is: what are the 5 magics and what is "true" magic?
Good question. Go read Kara no Kyokai.
Just joking---it's important to distinguish 'Mystic' and 'Magic' if you want to have more understanding in the Nasu world.
It's hard to explain it in a few words...let's just make it simple: Casting a few fireballs and throwing them at your enemy is 'mystic', reviving a dead person is 'magic'.
If you want to discuss it futher with me, you are welcome to pm me.
(off to prepare a detailed paragraph on the topic)

btw, to answer your question: The 5 magics are not all known yet. Here's a list of the 5 magic:
1st--unknown
2nd--Parallel Dimension Interference: Simply put, to be able to travel between parallel dimensions freely, and can even exchange matters between dimensions. The Jewel Sword of Zelretch is a good demonstration of this magic.
3rd--Heaven's Feel: Sorcery of materializing soul, enabling immortal. Developed by the Einzbren, the Holy Grail War is one part of the ritual to it. Note that Heaven's Feel is not for making copies of past souls, but to turn a spirit into a higher dimension status. (sry my english is bad enough to make it unclear...)The summon of servents can be thought as a side effect of it
4th--unknown
5th--Blue of the Tertiary color. Used by Aozaki. Hard to define it's nature. Destruction in this concept is to be the strongest. However it's unknown wether this magic completely destroys OR wipe out the existance. Can blast through dimensions.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2006-09-02 at 05:15.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 09:08   Link #1116
Kyoshino

Well i got the game working! /cheer. Thx for the help Erh! I am cursious thou, are there other animation for FSN? like UBW? Or is the fight everyone is talking about, archer vs gil, is from the game only? Anyway, thx again.
Old 2006-09-03, 10:47   Link #1117
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Game only.
To unlock UBW Scenerio you will need to play through the game once.
To unlock Heavens feel you will need to beat UBW Scenerio.
There are 40 bad ends. Have fun collecting them all.(pm me for a walk through)
Old 2006-09-03, 11:14   Link #1118
RoboPanda

The game had hentai in it didn't it? How much of it is there?
RoboPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 14:40   Link #1119
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Erm...2 in Fate route, 1 in UBW route and 3 in HF route, making a total of 6 of then.
Less than 3% of the game I'd say.
(I refuse to hand out any translations of hentai scenes so don't even try asking for it)
Old 2006-09-04, 07:20   Link #1120
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Quote:

Well, in all of his combats in the anime he was forced to adopt a close combat strategy.

Against Lancer, because he was facing a faster opponent and had to protect Rin.

Against Berserker, because Berserker was able to deflect his best distance shot, so his only chance was to land as many noble phantasm melee hits as possible (well, either that or attacking Ilya-neechan)

If you want to know about Archer true potential as a bowman, read this (Fate/hollow ataraxia spoiler).
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote