AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-05, 08:02   Link #1
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- (2nd Season)

FUNimation have announced the license for Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-.

The series was produced by MFI so it has never been listed on AnimeSuki, see Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- downloads or torrents.
  • Asking for help downloading Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-.
  • Asking for playback help for Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)

http://www.mmv.co.jp/company/movie/070530/13_l.html

Read the 3rd Box from the left at the bottom.

Can they even animate the brutality of the final matchup between Triela and Pinnochio.....

Last edited by NightWish; 2008-05-14 at 16:52.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 10:01   Link #2
cyth
Banned

Second season? I'm sure the sequel quite possibly is a second season TV series, but for now it hasn't been confirmed as far as I can tell. For all we know, it could be a movie or an OVA.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 16:02   Link #3
Kensuke

I nearly jumped out of my chair when I saw this thread, I certainly hope that sequel is TV series. Looking forward to more information.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 17:06   Link #4
-Breakthrough-

Whoa! 2nd season for Gunslinger Girl?! This caught me off guard but this will be interesting to see how it goes.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 18:28   Link #5
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Can they even animate the brutality of the final matchup between Triela and Pinnochio.....
I don't read many action-oriented manga because most of them just don't convey the action as well as something animated IMO. But that fight was a thing of beauty. Even with still panels, it flowed.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 18:38   Link #6
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
I don't read many action-oriented manga because most of them just don't convey the action as well as something animated IMO. But that fight was a thing of beauty. Even with still panels, it flowed.
Yes. It makes good action. But it's the brutality that might not escape the censorship.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 19:21   Link #7
dfens

All I can say is I can't wait and will be counting the days till they tell when it will be released.

The major thing I hope they'll clear up is if Angelica died or just fell asleep, in the last episode 13. Because she has some major roles in the manga after that point, and it would be sad not to see her return.

As for the Triela and Pinnochio battle I think they can do it. They've shown much worse in other anime's. The thing I'm hoping for is a kick ass music score to put the scene over the top.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 19:32   Link #8
herbert

I am speechless. How wonderful. It feels like I have been waiting for it for centuries.
Old 2007-06-05, 19:41   Link #9
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
The major thing I hope they'll clear up is if Angelica died or just fell asleep, in the last episode 13. Because she has some major roles in the manga after that point, and it would be sad not to see her return.
I thought she died. I didn't think there was any question about that.

This is one of those sequels that I actually worry about, since the first series was such a work of art, that a poorly executed second series would just ruin it, IMO. Obviously, there's not a great chance of that happening, particularly if much of the same staff return, but I just don't see the sense in trying to risk 'fixing' what isn't broken in the first place.

Personally I don't see the need for more GSG, but if they do go ahead with it WE NEED MORE BACKGROUND ON THE FRATELLO, THANK YOU. I'll watch it, no matter my apprehensiveness about it at this stage. Hell, I'll almost certainly buy it when it gets licensed, too (and I can't see any obvious reason why it wouldn't).
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 04:25   Link #10
gaguri

I don't know of this alien language written on that site but if it's saying what I think it's saying,

Quote:
It would be sad to see her return since that would render the feelings from reunion with her fratello meaningless. And god knows what kind of reaction I'll have when she returns and says something like 'sorry guys...guess the guys in technical division made a mistake and I have bit longer to live'.
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 07:04   Link #11
wao
OK.

It looks like someone at the company noticed it and changed the wording of the image, it doesn't mention anything about GSG anymore... but it's for real, they're talking about it on 2ch and it's on moonphase and all - plus, it hasn't changed from the .pdf file that you can see here.* (page 14) I took a screenshot of it but I won't put it here just out of respect for their request at the end not to make unauthorised copies/reproductions

The box MakubeX2 mentioned says 'To produce a sequel to this company's hit product, "Gunslinger Girl"'.
The text on the edge of the blue box says something like "this season's work" - work as in the stuff they're going to be busy with this season. So (thankfully for me!) I figure they're still in planning/pre-production stages... I suppose they won't start showing it until next year.

And what the heck, I can't believe this! I don't know how good it'll be - I haven't read the manga and don't want to know what'll happen, but by george this is going to be nostalgic. Yeah, so I'm still a relative newbie, but this is one of the first (I think it was the second after SaiKano) anime I ever watched fansubbed. Gosh, that seems so long ago now.... I think I must have even gone a bit moe over the girls (omgwhat).

Same worry as what some people up there have said though - will this one be as solidly-produced as the first? Even for Emma, which unbeliveably but deservedly got a second season, I come away with a feeling that some of the quality has degraded in the sequel compared to the solidity of the first. I suspect a lot of my appreciation for the show came from its aesthetic properties and then the characters, so hmmm.. I'll probably watch the whole thing unless it gets godawfully bad though.

There's also talk about whether Nanrietta (Yuuka Nanri) is going to step in as Henrietta's voice this time again. I don't keep up on seiyuu news or anything like that for the most part, but it seems that she has pretty much withdrawn from voiceacting.... hm.

*I only briefly flipped through that pdf file and was quite surprised at how they're pushing for more and more commercial success of anime. In particular I noticed how they mention (esp. on the slide concerned) overseas distribution. Though it seems like they're losing money... quite a lot, even... and one of their ways to counter this si through selling overseas (seems to fit with what I hear a bit from here and there) Interesting how they mentioned Russia and India, the Middle East and North Europe in their possible expansion of market, but not South East Asia. Heh.
Old 2007-06-06, 09:56   Link #12
sei

Quote:
There's also talk about whether Nanrietta (Yuuka Nanri) is going to step in as Henrietta's voice this time again. I don't keep up on seiyuu news or anything like that for the most part, but it seems that she has pretty much withdrawn from voiceacting.... hm.
Erm...She did reprise her role in Mai-Otome/Zwei as Nao.Maybe it's up to the company whether to replace or retain her since I guess, Yuuka-san schedule will be less hectic after the release of her 2nd album which is due this July.
No one can voice a vulnerable, innocent and utterly cute Henrietta like Yuuka did.
sei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 21:40   Link #13
Monkey D. Luffy

I can't wait for this to happen and see how good they animate some of the scenes in the later volumes.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 11:03   Link #14
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I am SOOOO there. Can't wait to see what crazy stuff happens next. More 'Henrietta' snapping and shooting the crap out of people. And of course my girl 'Triela'. Gotta love her! Eventually, I gotta pick up the boxset for myself for the first series. I really enjoyed it. I may one day want to read the novels. I'm sure they're good from what I've heard. But all in all I do love this series so I'm eagerly awaiting to see more.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 14:04   Link #15
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
The GSG manga was definitely well above average but the anime really took it to the top with the music, animation, and voice acting so I'm looking forward to what they could do with the material in the later volumes.

As for Angelica, I don't think they have much of a choice besides bringing her back. Yes, faking a death scene may sound like a cheap option for some but in my mind, she really did die in the first season. For me, the continuation would merely be a "what-if" (she survived) alternative scenario.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 04:01   Link #16
Honey_and_Cleaver

Oh yeah. I really wanted a sequel for this. This is great!
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 22:51   Link #17
Cal-Reflector

When I first saw the preview for Bionic Woman at the movie theaters, I kept thinking that it was derived from Gunslinger girl. Alas, I was mistaken, as BW 2007 is a remake of an older TV series. Which made me wonder whether Yu Aida was influenced by that... probably not, methinks, as it seems reasonable that some artist in Japan would one day arrive at the whim that young girls with guns would be a refreshing combination.

Honestly though, woman driving, accidental befalls her, severe injuries are followed by amputations. Mysterious, cold-hearted G-man watches the unconscious patient through a two-way mirror and decides to reconstruct her with speed and power enhancing implants... sound familiar?
Old 2007-08-19, 04:22   Link #18
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Honestly though, woman driving, accidental befalls her, severe injuries are followed by amputations. Mysterious, cold-hearted G-man watches the unconscious patient through a two-way mirror and decides to reconstruct her with speed and power enhancing implants... sound familiar?
Throwing loli into the mix makes a world of difference. j/k

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 09:37   Link #19
NeoSam

Gunslinger Girl has been confirmed to be getting a second anime season

http://blog.mediaworks.co.jp/moeoh/2007/08/0820.html
Old 2007-08-21, 10:39   Link #20
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Gunslinger Girl has been confirmed to be getting a second anime season

http://blog.mediaworks.co.jp/moeoh/2007/08/0820.html
Here's another fan pleased by the announcement.

Though, it wasn't that long since I watched the first season.

Tags
action, loli, seinen