AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-03-01, 13:29   Link #41
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Huh, I rather like the hints of "true pair" in the most recent Little Busters episode and hadn't really noticed the lack of romance much previously. I actually like the ensemble cast quite a lot (some of the subplots not so much, though this is hardly uncommon with Key for me).

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 18:51   Link #42
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Alright, I hate to sound like an idiot, but what does these two forms of a adapted VN mean?

I've only played F/S Night's Saber route and UBW route. F/S Night being the only VN I've read, but I'm going to read more. So forgive me for sounding noobish ;_;.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 19:44   Link #43
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Omnibus presents different timelines as different timelines. Unified tries to squish everything into a single timeline.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 20:49   Link #44
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Huh, I rather like the hints of "true pair" in the most recent Little Busters episode and hadn't really noticed the lack of romance much previously. I actually like the ensemble cast quite a lot (some of the subplots not so much, though this is hardly uncommon with Key for me).
We're at Episode 20. The "true pair" should have more than very subtle hints at this point, imo.

I tend to like the ensemble cast of Little Busters as well. The non-route episodes are great for non-route episodes. But the routes themselves lack some punch for me, and I think that a lot of it goes back to the changes you have to make in order to have unified work.

Clannad made unified work because it developed its main pairing fairly quickly, so the non-Nagisa routes felt like a young couple helping out their mutual friend.

Kanon kind of managed to have its cake and eat it too.
Old 2013-03-01, 20:54   Link #45
hyl
reading #hikaributts

IMO the issue of Little busters is slightly different
Spoiler for major Little Busters game spoilers:

Eventhough that is the usual problem of an omnibus format anime. In favor of covering every heroine, each story is more compressed.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-03-02 at 21:28. Reason: improved description of the spoiler tag
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 03:23   Link #46
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
IMO the issue of Little busters is slightly different
Spoiler for major Little Busters game spoilers:
I would like to mention that these aren't just spoilers from current anime episodes or minor VN details, but pretty massive spoilers for Little Busters, and you should click at your own risk.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-03-02 at 21:29. Reason: corrected quote to match
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 20:03   Link #47
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

I like both but I do really love the omnibus style and hope we see more of it. I also hope that it doesn't become pidgeon holed as format that is only for romance because it can be used for all types of stories to great effect.

Having said that, the V/N I would most like to see done as an Omnibus is Saya no Uta

Gurobuchi is hot right now and this one is arguably his best work. Come on Nitroplus make it happen.

Also would love to see a Katawa Shoujo omnibus anime but it will never happen.

A note on Higurashi:

Spoiler: