AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2007-10-17, 20:23   Link #1
v1cious

Ayakashi Ayashi Inferno

does anyone know what this is? it was just released by a group, but i can't find anything about it at all. not even ANN has information.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 20:37   Link #2
Elehayym

It's the first of 5 (or at least I think it was 5 ) OVA that take place a few months after the end of the series. The title comes from Divine Comedy's Inferno afaik, and I *think* that first one is the only one released till now (was on the latest DVD for the series).

Haven't watched it yet but will soon, as I've been looking forward to this.
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 22:29   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

So, this "Ayakashi Ayashi Inferno" was a special DVD episode that was released on one of the DVDs with the "Ayakashi Ayashi" series?

Does anyone know what epsiodes were on the DVD along with Inferno 1?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 22:51   Link #4
Elehayym

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
So, this "Ayakashi Ayashi Inferno" was a special DVD episode that was released on one of the DVDs with the "Ayakashi Ayashi" series?

Does anyone know what epsiodes were on the DVD along with Inferno 1?
I did a check on Amazon.co.jp and it seems that the first Inferno episode was indeed on DVD vol. 6 (together with episodes 21-22).
Anyway, DVD vol. 7 is already out :O Official site wasn't updated with it so I thought we were still at 6 DVD vol. 7 contains episode 2 and 3 of Inferno, while vol. 8, that is going to be the last volume and is scheduled for next Wednesday, will cointain 4 and 5. My guess is that they're going to have 1 regular episode each since they have 2 of the OAV.
Old 2007-10-17, 23:41   Link #5
yupyupyup

I hope LunarAnime to pick this up. After all, they did a marvelous job on the Ayakashi series. I pretty much enjoyed the series. It was a bit slow and boring in some sense, but quite interesting in the combination of historical events, myths, and politics.
yupyupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 23:53   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Since these are being released as DVD extras on DVDs 6-8 of a licensed series, I am going to move this thread to the Licensed Forum and count Inferno as licensed. At least for now. Hopefully we'll get some information from Bandai to confirm or deny this.

So no more discussing who might fansub it. Anyway Lunar does not fansub licensed shows so I doubt they'll fansub this.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 13:38   Link #7
ssfsx17

Hopefully, they'll go into more detail about Edogen's past.

I noticed that in history, Kyousai made a lot of artwork about the unnatural-ness of the westernization of Japan, yet he is clearly an associate of Ogasawara. How is that going to work out later?
ssfsx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 17:34   Link #8
retardation
phantom loser

so are these dvd episodes supposed to complete the series or are they just some extras?
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 17:42   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retardation View Post
so are these dvd episodes supposed to complete the series or are they just some extras?
Going by news we heard a while back, they're side stories.
Old 2007-10-18, 17:48   Link #10
Elehayym

I thought it was side stories too, but after watching first episode, it does take place 6 months after the end of the series.
So while I don't think it's going to "complete" the series in any way, if by complete we mean doing what the authors planned on doing over 50 episodes and couldn't, it still gives a nice view of what has been going on after the happenings of the last episode. First OAV is interesting, looking forward to the others :O
Old 2007-10-18, 22:22   Link #11
Uribatake

The fact that the OVA is set after the end of the TV series was a pleasant surprise for me, since I was expecting a sidestory, too. I was also surprised by the fact that it told a somewhat complete story. My guess is Shou Aikawa will try to cram everything he wanted to do in the proposed second half of the series in just 5 episodes.

Either way, it's nice to see more of this really underrated series. This way I'll get my Bones fix while I wait for their next TV project.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 10:55   Link #12
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

That was a fantastic episode. I finished the Ayakashi Ayashi series today (amazing) and went right into this. Soooo good. The animation is worthy, OVA-quality, as was to be expected but didn't actually occur to me. In feel, the first half of the episode reminded me a lot of the exposition at the beginning of the FMA movie; no wonder, as it's Shou Aikawa and I guess it's her style.

But yeah, this was awesome. I can't wait for more.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 08:32   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The second episode was yet again absolutely wonderful. This is basically episode 27, i mean the serious tone of these OVA's, it's just like the TV series. It's easy to believe this is a story BONES wanted to tell with the TV series, maybe it would have been the last arc to finish it.

I'm going to go all "yes i love Saizo with that hair style", because i do! This is a hard time for the young girl, though the whole 'who Saizo loves' seen the return of the light hearted humor we've seen a number of times in the TV series.

Three more to go, i look forward to seeing how they end this.