AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-04, 21:00   Link #1201
Marion
The Great Dine

Beatrice's Seiyuu actually played Rika's mother for a couple episodes in Kai.

Dur Hur Hur. Get it...Gettt ittt?~

Spoiler for No you don't get it:

As far as designs go I don't like how they drew Eva. Rosa and Natsuhi both get evil rage looks, but her evil look is more of a sneering expression. In fact all her expressions look like a sneer in some way. Seriously, it's not like she never cracked a smile Rosa's expression are pretty rageful on the other hand. I think I like how Kyrie was drawn in the manga, compared to these anime sketches. But man they caught Natsuhi and Krauss dead on with those expressions. Kinzo kinda scares me though XD~

As for Beatrice, I honestly expected more evil looks like she had in the manga. Then again, if they intend to follow the first episode to the key then she won't even appear to us flesh and blood. But then again, they never follow through games to the key OTL That and Umineko episodes are super long, which leads me to wonder how they would cramp all that in within a span of 4 episodes (if it follows a similar format of arcs as the Higurashi anime did).
Old 2009-03-04, 22:22   Link #1202
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

I really dislike Eva in general, so her always sneering look fits her in my opinion. (I hate adult bully's.) And from the few manga pics I've seen of Beatrice, I personally think her anime design is 10x better.

Buuuut that's just my opinion, and I can understand folks having different preferences.

That said, something about the anime's designs just appeals to me in general. I can't quite put my finger on it though.....

EDIT- Also, I think it's sorta nifty that they have so many emotion shots for Beatrice in her sketch sheet there. They even have her famous pout!
Old 2009-03-04, 23:42   Link #1203
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Hehe, they look pretty awesome, Kyrie has a more masculine face to her than the others, Rosa looks good. I think this ought to be quite an exciting progression.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2009-03-05, 04:21   Link #1204
Saerianne
*cackle*

I don't like Beato's bottom half at all.
That and she doesn't look evil enough.
Beato's my favourite character ever, and I'm cosplaying her soon (making her as we speak/type).
I liked the others though. ^^ They'll look good animated I think.
But I'm definitely disappointed in Beatrice. D:

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying about how they're going to cram it all in. D:
Old 2009-03-05, 06:15   Link #1205
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post

As for Beatrice, I honestly expected more evil looks like she had in the manga. Then again, if they intend to follow the first episode to the key then she won't even appear to us flesh and blood. But then again, they never follow through games to the key OTL That and Umineko episodes are super long, which leads me to wonder how they would cramp all that in within a span of 4 episodes (if it follows a similar format of arcs as the Higurashi anime did).
I really hope the anime won't follow the manga. The manga spoils way too much since the beginning giving that feeling that something horrible is definitely going to happen, while the game is more subtle about that. What i mean is the Battler in the game doesn't really feel there's something terrible lingering in the air (he just notices a few strange facts), while the Battler in the manga seems quite scared just looking at the epitaph.

Old 2009-03-05, 11:17   Link #1206
Scarlet0

Ouch, Rosa's hair is shorter then I thought it would be. O_o'
And why does kuwasa... urr.. the old woman looks so cute? XD...
Old 2009-03-05, 11:51   Link #1207
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

are there translated versions of the umineko 4koma's ?
Old 2009-03-05, 12:38   Link #1208
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I really hope the anime won't follow the manga. The manga spoils way too much since the beginning giving that feeling that something horrible is definitely going to happen, while the game is more subtle about that. What i mean is the Battler in the game doesn't really feel there's something terrible lingering in the air (he just notices a few strange facts), while the Battler in the manga seems quite scared just looking at the epitaph.
I doubt they'll follow along with the manga that much. But at the same time I doubt they'll follow along with the game that much either. It's like a movie based off a game or a book - it's never as good as the original. But that's mostly because the book or game is long that they can't fit everything in.

Episodes are about 24-30 minutes each, so it's close to 2 hours for each game. Someone who gets through the first episode of Umineko in 2 hours was surely pressing the 'S' key to fast forward through it.

As far as art style goes it's definitely different from the style that Higurashi is drawn in.

EDIT: Not to be off-topic, some pics:

Spoiler for Pictures:
Old 2009-03-05, 14:09   Link #1209
Turtleen
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
Quote:
Originally Posted by marion
Episodes are about 24-30 minutes each, so it's close to 2 hours for each game. Someone who gets through the first episode of Umineko in 2 hours was surely pressing the 'S' key to fast forward through it.
At least it's faster to speak it than read it generally, and there won't be the descriptions of someone moving and that sort of thing so that at least makes the time gap between the game and anime a little shorter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saerianne
I don't like Beato's bottom half at all.
That and she doesn't look evil enough.
Beato's my favourite character ever, and I'm cosplaying her soon (making her as we speak/type).
I liked the others though. ^^ They'll look good animated I think.
But I'm definitely disappointed in Beatrice. D:
It's like she doesn't have a single layer of peticoats or hoopskirt anymore D: Where's the poof?
And, your Beatrice cosplay looks great =D
Old 2009-03-07, 13:07   Link #1210
paula_mink
Gohda Pride +1

Hi 8D
I painted Beato's anime character design and If I have time I'll paint all of them

Old 2009-03-07, 13:12   Link #1211
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Oh, I was waiting someone color the new design, hau
i really liked the effect that you've used in the dress, Paula, yay S2

Old 2009-03-07, 13:30   Link #1212
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Wow... pouting Beato expression's not as cute as her game counterpart's.
Old 2009-03-07, 13:49   Link #1213
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_mink View Post
Hi 8D
I painted Beato's anime character design and If I have time I'll paint all of them
Wow, lovely job! I tried to do it myself, but gave up in frustration. These, on the other hand, are perfect.

Would it be possible to make an avatar out of your work?
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2009-03-07, 16:36   Link #1214
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_mink View Post
Hi 8D

That's just brilliant! Please do all the adults next! =)
Old 2009-03-07, 17:30   Link #1215
Saerianne
*cackle*

I love what you did with the dress! Great work!

Though I still don't like the design. D: It looks a bit better coloured though. ^^
Old 2009-03-07, 20:21   Link #1216
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Anyone have a HQ version of this picture?
Old 2009-03-07, 20:54   Link #1217
Hareoic
There will be burgers

For the sake of some vague future project in the making, does anybody have any BeatoxVirigila pics?
Old 2009-03-08, 01:38   Link #1218
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku-chan View Post
Anyone have a HQ version of this picture?
Is this okay?

Spoiler for pic:
Old 2009-03-08, 08:40   Link #1219
Peaches
"The Golden Land"
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Peaches Send a message via MSN to Peaches
Isn't that picture of Virgilia from the Motion Graphic? Anyways, does anyone have some good Virgilia pictures, I'd look through all the pages, but it's almost 70 pages with tons of pictures. ^^;
Old 2009-03-08, 10:32   Link #1220
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Does anyone have a picture that has Maria looking kinda dazed (eyes half closed) with her hands stretched out and rose petals flying across the picture and a serious/frowning Battler (?) in the background? I've only been able to find low-quality versions on YouTube so far.
Also, are there any pictures in the manga with Beato looking less twisted and more cheerful and friendly
Spoiler for Episode 2:

or was the scene portrayed differently in the manga? Have any of the other fantasy characters (stakes, goats, etc) shown up yet and if so, are there any pictures of them?

Thanks to anyone who can help or provide any info.