Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-01-16, 03:16   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Most will remember him for Professor Snape or Hans Gruber, but my favorite role of his was Dr. Lazarus from Galaxy Quest.

By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged.
Definitely my favorite role of his. Just a sad day knowing that he's passed.

And so I also say: By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged.
Old 2016-01-17, 00:32   Link #22
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
uhm why I can't stop my tears........ my favorite character "Severus Snape" and actor why....... uhm I hope he is in happy place we won't gonna forget you and always be remember and loved by your fans, Thank you very much. T_T

Last edited by kusabireika; 2016-01-17 at 00:45. Reason: typo error. T_T
kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 02:07   Link #23
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What's going on?

First David Bowie, and now Alan Rickman as well.

Hans Gruber, Dr. Lazarus, The Metatron, and Severus Snape all were fantastic roles. And, people do not forget he also played the cruel Sheriff of Nothingham, as well.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 02:15   Link #24
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

From Sir Ian McKellen:

Quote:
ALAN RICKMAN (1946-2016)

There is so much that is matchless to remember about Alan Rickman. His career was at the highest level, as actor on stage and screen and as director ditto. His last bequest of his film “A Little Chaos” and his indelible performance as Louis 14th, should now reach the wider audience they deserve.

Beyond a career which the world is indebted to, he was a constant agent for helping others. Whether to institutions like RADA or to individuals and certainly to me, his advice was always spot-on. He put liberal philanthropy at the heart of his life. He and Rima Horton (50 years together) were always top of my dream-list dinner guests. Alan would by turns be hilarious and indignant and gossipy and generous. All this delivered sotto, in that convoluted voice, as distinctive as Edith Evans, John Gielgud, Paul Scofield, Alec Guinness, Alastair Sim or Bowie, company beyond compare.

When he played Rasputin, I was the Tzar Nicholas. Filming had started before I arrived in St Petersburg. Precisely as I walked into the hotel-room, the phone rang. Alan, to say welcome, hope the flight was tolerable and would I like to join him and Greta Scacchi and others in the restaurant in 30 minutes? Alan, the concerned leading man. On that film, he discovered that the local Russian crew was getting an even worse lunch than the rest of us. So he successfully protested. On my first day before the camera, he didn’t like the patronising, bullying tone of a note which the director gave me. Alan, seeing I was a little crestfallen, delivered a quiet, concise resumé of my career and loudly demanded that the director up his game.

Behind his starry insouciance and careless elegance, behind that mournful face, which was just as beautiful when wracked with mirth, there was a super-active spirit, questing and achieving, a super-hero, unassuming but deadly effective.

I so wish he’d played King Lear and a few other classical challenges but that’s to be greedy. He leaves a multitude of fans and friends, grateful and bereft.

-- Ian McKellen, London, 14 January 2016

From Daniel Radcliffe:

Quote:
Alan Rickman is undoubtedly one of the greatest actors I will ever work with. He is also, one of the loyalest and most supportive people I've ever met in the film industry. He was so encouraging of me both on set and in the years post-Potter. I'm pretty sure he came and saw everything I ever did on stage both in London and New York. He didn't have to do that. I know other people who've been friends with him for much much longer than I have and they all say "if you call Alan, it doesn't matter where in the world he is or how busy he is with what he's doing, he'll get back to you within a day".

People create perceptions of actors based on the parts they played so it might surprise some people to learn that contrary to some of the sterner(or downright scary) characters he played, Alan was extremely kind, generous, self-deprecating and funny. And certain things obviously became even funnier when delivered in his unmistakable double-bass.

As an actor he was one of the first of the adults on Potter to treat me like a peer rather than a child. Working with him at such a formative age was incredibly important and I will carry the lessons he taught me for the rest of my life and career. Film sets and theatre stages are all far poorer for the loss of this great actor and man.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote