AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2007-06-11, 17:36   Link #61
Ashlotte
Clockwork

V2 is out and I can probably guess what got changed lol. Also I didnt even see anyone listed on the characters page of the website besides the ones we've seen so far...hope that doesnt mean they'll get cut out or have basically what amounts to a cameo...

The more I think about the storyline I just dont get how this is going to all fit in 3 more episodes...
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 18:38   Link #62
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
It's actually pretty easy to get basically whoever you want. It isn't hardset until the scene late in the game when character come to chat with Lloyd in the winter village. The character with the highest affection will visit and if you turn them away, the next highest... again... turn away for #3, and if you turn #3 away, you're stuck with #4.
You say that like you think I'm not aware. i've played the game some 8 or 9 times and still go back for more every now and then, I've had all the scenes for the characters at that event and have 100% completion on everything possible in the game (well, except the midlife crisis title for lloyd, but that's just sheer laziness on my part since that minigame is totally not fun).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi
Also I didnt even see anyone listed on the characters page of the website besides the ones we've seen so far...hope that doesnt mean they'll get cut out or have basically what amounts to a cameo...
I'm a bit worried that Presea and the rest won't be in it, and personally I'm leaning more towards them not being, simply because 4 eps isn't really long enough to fully introduce them properly, unless they take a shortcut route which would kinda suck. Of course, they might just be leaving them out of the site info pages to keep everyone guessing. We can hope
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 22:31   Link #63
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
You say that like you think I'm not aware. i've played the game some 8 or 9 times and still go back for more every now and then, I've had all the scenes for the characters at that event and have 100% completion on everything possible in the game (well, except the midlife crisis title for lloyd, but that's just sheer laziness on my part since that minigame is totally not fun).

I'm a bit worried that Presea and the rest won't be in it, and personally I'm leaning more towards them not being, simply because 4 eps isn't really long enough to fully introduce them properly, unless they take a shortcut route which would kinda suck. Of course, they might just be leaving them out of the site info pages to keep everyone guessing. We can hope
You can't do this story without everybodys favourite tanking loli character. Plus Sheena needs to be there to supply the boobs and then there's Zelos as well with his ability to get cool items from girls.

I wonder if that bitch Seles (Zelos' little "Sick" sister) who was annoying to beat in the arena will show up at all. Seriously when she challenged me to a fight I was like "I'm not going to fight some sick girl", and then she busts out with some of the most powerful magic in the game and an absolutely punishing sword combo/purse attack. I had to do that thing where I hypnotize myself to beat her. It could be funny to see her kick Zelos' ass around a bit. Also I wonder if they are going to do Zelos' or Kratos' route.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 22:55   Link #64
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I would actually like Seles to appear. Since I'm not certain if she'll appear in the manga, I would like to see what she looks like at least once (not on-screen form, but manga/anime form). I got to see Presea's sister (in the manga) this way.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 04:39   Link #65
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama
Also I wonder if they are going to do Zelos' or Kratos' route.
No way in hell would they go the Zelos route, he's a VERY popular character and the 'other' route in the game isn't something they're likely to do with the OAV. For one thing, there'd be no emotional attachment to him for anyone that hasn't played the game, so it'd be basically pointless. And let's face it, they're out to make money, so they're gonna go with what appeals to a wider audience.

Incidentally, there's a manga? Interesting, I'll have to look into finding that.
Old 2007-06-12, 06:56   Link #66
Baka-neko
Nekosuki

Send a message via MSN to Baka-neko
Just watched it. A bit disappointed, but meh, I kinda knew it would turn like this.

I really doubt we will see Sheena and co. in this one.
Awwww... I want Sheena&Presea
Baka-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 15:14   Link #67
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
its actually not too bad but for a 4 ep ova i wonder how they are going to fit most of the details in ~ i hope it wont be too disappointing

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 15:52   Link #68
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
was anyone disappointed with not seeing the colette shaped hole in the wall? Or did i totally miss it? From what i remember it the on the opposite side of the room as the door
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 20:19   Link #69
risa_chan
Princess Strawberry

I've only played the game up to a couple hours worth past Triet (so not far), but I know enough to be able to say... HOW in the world is the entire story going to fit into 3-4 eps? And judging by... well, everything, it looks like it's going to be a super Lloyd/Colette show.

Also, does anybody know if these are aired weekly?
risa_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 21:40   Link #70
Kawool
地獄女

Send a message via MSN to Kawool
Episode 01

Kuroneko has also released subs, you'll find info at our website

http://k-neko.net

Enjoy <3

And sorry Madoka, but next ep is for ....august 2007

i loved it but ...
Spoiler for the only thing that killed me was...:

Last edited by Kawool; 2007-06-12 at 22:03.
Kawool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 21:58   Link #71
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

I liked the Tales series a lot (played ToD, ToD2, ToE, and ToL). I did hear that ToP is the weakest in the entire series so I kept my hopes low, though.

I'll put the next episode on a queue and see how it turns out. I was actually disappointed that ufotable put out something that is entirely B-rate fantasy. Lloyd/Colette dynamics is most interesting, but everyone else seems meh at the moment. Let's wait and see....

BTW, the ending is still ufotable
Old 2007-06-13, 02:07   Link #72
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoka.tsuji View Post
HOW in the world is the entire story going to fit into 3-4 eps?
I imagine the same way the crushed Tales of Phantasia into it's short little compact OVA set. By doing phenomenal timeskips. One hopes that they won't do it in a way that leaves people who haven't read a FAQ on the game itself in the dark as to WTF is going on.
Old 2007-06-13, 02:34   Link #73
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
I liked the Tales series a lot (played ToD, ToD2, ToE, and ToL). I did hear that ToP is the weakest in the entire series so I kept my hopes low, though.

I'll put the next episode on a queue and see how it turns out. I was actually disappointed that ufotable put out something that is entirely B-rate fantasy. Lloyd/Colette dynamics is most interesting, but everyone else seems meh at the moment. Let's wait and see....

BTW, the ending is still ufotable
I always felt it was Tales of Destiny. Far to easy, predictable story and not enough combo potential with the attacks. It kind of had the same problem Star Ocean 3 did. The Tower of Druaga sequence was neat though.

Speaking of which apparently Gonzo called that one for an anime. Strange ideas....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 03:02   Link #74
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
Meh, they NEED Zelos (and probably Sheena as well, because of the summons) for the story though if they don't want to change it altogether...
But since Episode 1 only was everything up to Lloyd "leaving" the village, I'm kind of scared how this will turn out.
If they don't want to let the story take place in Sylvarant only, they kind of need Sheena, since they would not have found out without her after all. The more I think about it, the more I want it to be at least 12 episodes : (

Oh, and I thought ToS was a great game because of the battle system, the only Tales game that was as much fun as ToS in that matter was Tales of the Abyss because of the free-run and better/more hi-ougi imo (and the ToD-Remake was fun as well, but it's... different )
And by the way, Tales of the Abyss would make a great anime as well : )
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 10:40   Link #75
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawool View Post
i loved it but ...
Spoiler for the only thing that killed me was...:
Yea thats UFOtable for you...Personally I wouldnt mind it if they actually knew how to make quality stop-motion claymation (I.E. Tim Burton's stuff) but what they do always looks really horrid and childish...I guess thats supposed to be apart of its charm. *shrug*

As for how there gonna compress the story...uhhh...They release 2 seals in the next 2 episodes and the last one will be dedicated to the final showdown?

Alright I got no clue.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 19:54   Link #76
Ansa

I cannot grasp how they intend to cover the whole story in 4 episodes without skipping the next 20+ hours or something XD
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 20:39   Link #77
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
I cannot grasp how they intend to cover the whole story in 4 episodes without skipping the next 20+ hours or something XD
That's basically what they did with Phantasia, so yeah, staying reserved on this for now.
Old 2007-06-14, 03:51   Link #78
risa_chan
Princess Strawberry

AUGUST!? Dang.

It's all rather confusing as to how they do it, I hope they include Zelos though cause he just rocks. :]
risa_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 08:19   Link #79
jpwong

Well, you can't really expect weekly OVAs, people would go broke at the expenses.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 13:34   Link #80
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I thought it was a decent enough 1st ep. Didn't know it was based on a game (picked it up on a whim), but 2 minutes in to the story i thought: "I will be damned if this isn't based on a game ". Well... i love good, old, traditional RPGs, so i like the premise. Though i am worried about the pacing... i haven't played the game, obviously, but i can not imagine any decent game-based story to fit in to 4 episodes. Oh well - guess i will just pray for the best... though i bet i will end up with a summary of the game in hand.