AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-05, 12:28   Link #2021
satomianzaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Akuto is too manly and badass to blush. Demon Lords don't blush. They grab women and make them their woman just like he did to Junko this episode.
but sai is a very unusual demon lord...remember what he said to korone when she's seducing him? he's taking girls seriously...he want to have honest feelings for them...so maybe that's why he stopped junko last episode...he doesn't want to take advantage of her...

and akuto blushed on few scenes with keena...but maybe he has no time to blush during that time with junko since he is in war mode...hehe...or whatever mode that is...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 12:31   Link #2022
bigdeath

You mean when hes in "Demon Lord mode"
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 12:40   Link #2023
satomianzaki

^ ah yeah...okay..."demon lord mode"...

but i think he's still in his right mind...ooppss...i mean, he's shirtless to show that his more powerful, but he's still his usual self right? okay...its kinda awkward seeing him blush with that look...very manly and then blushing? hmmm... hahaha...

wakarimashita...
Old 2010-06-05, 12:54   Link #2024
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
hiroshi isn't just a rival more like a treat to sai. Now I begun to doubt if sai really did realize that hiroshi and braze are the same person inside.... but I just gave up on this series for answering my tons of questions.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 14:07   Link #2025
maplehurry

So Eiko's dad survived a split in half, but not a stab ?
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 15:34   Link #2026
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

By the way, congratulations to mangatron on making the 2000th post in this thread. Absolutely the most appropriate person to make it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 17:04   Link #2027
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Nonsense, Junko has just become a queen demon lord.
another delusional junko fan, oh well can you blame them it must have been those past 9 episodes that where screaming a junkoxakuto ending what will all their moments they shared with one another....... oh wait never mind l was just describing korone/keena's past relationship with akuto.

one scene with her and all the sudden akuto is in love with her, talk about grasping at straws....XD.
Old 2010-06-05, 18:47   Link #2028
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
one scene with her and all the sudden akuto is in love with her, talk about grasping at straws....XD.
I had a hard time to stop myself from laughing. There's a war going on and he's getting some romance on? Then I laughed when he just tossed her like that. How much of a Maou can you be, do the princess-carry and then toss her away afterwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
By the way, congratulations to mangatron on making the 2000th post in this thread. Absolutely the most appropriate person to make it.
I'm easily going to reach 300 well before this series ends, and I can't help but laugh when viewing the "find all posts by mangatron" link in my member page, it's dominated by this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
So Eiko's dad survived a split in half, but not a stab ?

I thought of that line from Peter, "This guy is prepared to die [by the hands of an anti-mage], but he's not prepared to die [by the hands of his own daughter]"

I think what killed him was the shock of the most unsuspecting person doing the deed
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 18:59   Link #2029
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

That was a fun episode, even though it went by really fast. Really liked the Akuto and Peter team, they make one of the most awesome one two punches ever. I also liked how Fujiko redeemed herself and made a wise decision to run so that Akuto can have enough time to recover from the attacks.

I really hope next episode Akuto beats the shit out of Hiroshi because he really is getting annoying and I also hope some one put's Junko's batshit insane sister into her place. At this point I wouldn't mind if Hiroshi and Yuuko died together it probably would be for the best.

I also liked the little scene between Akuto and Junko, even though at the beginning I shipped Akuto X Fujiko, I wouldn't mind at all if it ended Akuto X Junko. The part that confused me was the Keena part of the episode, what or who exactly is she? I just hope nothing bad happens to her, because that would make Akuto go on an even more rampage (wait maybe that's not bad all).

Well looking forward to the next episodes.

Go kill them all Akuto and Peter!!!
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 19:45   Link #2030
Lady Orihime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

And, hate to be Johnny Raincloud on the Junko x Sai shippers, but have you guys considered the times?

First of all, Sai's words were definitely in response to Yuri back in ep 08. Second of all, the key thing there was the part where he made her cry, and his words in ep 10 were an apology to that (Read: "I was rude to you by not thinking that you felt that way about me, and my words hurt you"). Third, he started this whole fiasco for another girl, so fighting for a girl while caring for another screams harem, if we go legally

Last but not least, the back breaker that I brought forth from ep 09:

He still called her "Hattori-san"
QFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post

regarding junko, i'm also glad that at least some misunderstanding are resolved between her and sai...but i wouldn't count that scene as an advantage for her romantically...well in a way its an apology and sai is just really a nice guy...not wanting to hurt junko's feelings again...

i know most people want a harem end...i'm not expecting the series to be resolved with one particular girl for sai, but if given the chance, i really want a kenna x sai...really...
QFT. And...

Exactly. The anime is most likely going to be an opening ending, since the novels haven't ended yet. The 9th one will be released on June 6th, while in the anime, we are just a little past the beginning in novel 5. Pairing wise, It's more than likely going to end like "Nyan Koi!", "Omamori Himari", "Seiken no Blacksmith", "Kimi ni Todoke", etc, did...which also leaves us with a big possibility for a second season down the road.

Out of the 9 novels so far, Keena graces 6 of them (Junko and Korone are tied for second at 3 each). And she's on both covers of the manga volumes. She is the love interest. If Keena didn't so obviously have feelings for Akuto, wasn't the poster girl for the series, and Akuto wasn't so protective over her, I would probably say Junko is the next in line XD

Quote:
^yeah...but i think we got a reaction like that from sai, because junko asked him "why aren't you thinking of me?"...he made her cry last time...and sai mentioned to yuuri that he will apologize to junko later...so i think this is the right time to clear things...well...maybe for sai, junko is thinking of him as inconsiderate...with everything that's happened...

i sense a feeling of caring from sai...but romantic love? well...do guys blush in animes? hehehe...

oh well...romantic love or not, keena and the others surely will not mind...

so its basically like this for me...sai to choose kenna...if not her, then it should be a harem...hahaha...
I agree completely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
another delusional junko fan, oh well can you blame them it must have been those past 9 episodes that where screaming a junkoxakuto ending what will all their moments they shared with one another....... oh wait never mind l was just describing korone/keena's past relationship with akuto.

QFT.
Lady Orihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 20:31   Link #2031
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I guess actually I disagree a bit here with what mangatron and Lady Orihime are saying. I agree that we are going to get an inconclusive ending, but I do think that what Akuto said to Junko could indicate a romantic relationship.

He said that when and if this was over, he would "kimi no koto taisetsu ni suru yo," which literally means he would treat her as important, but is the kind of thing I've heard said between lovers, as in being someone's taisetsu na hito ("important person").

What he said to himself about Keena was that he would protect her freedom. This sounds to me more like one's attitude toward a child, or someone whom one is protecting for her own sake.

I'm not saying it's clear-cut for Junko, just that it's not clear-cut for Keena, and what he said to Junko could be interpreted as a declaration. We shall see how things turn out. I think Keena may possibly be too important a personage to be the romantic lead. There is plenty of affection between her and Akuto, though, for sure.

We certainly know that Junko will only be able to draw her sword when she is fighting on behalf of Akuto, though, don't we?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 21:05   Link #2032
bigdeath

Its going to end like Omamori Himari, with one girl clearly in the lead.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 21:07   Link #2033
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
We certainly know that Junko will only be able to draw her sword when she is fighting on behalf of Akuto, though, don't we?
so true, so true... I personally loved that little scene with Junko, one of the best of this ep... well, right after Eiko-domination in ninja-outfit.

other things I liked were 'scary Yuuko' and serious(?) split-personality keena:
Spoiler for YuuKeena:

Quote:
Then I laughed when he just tossed her like that. How much of a Maou can you be, do the princess-carry and then toss her away afterwards
The one and only Maou of all times! oh, and strangely enough, Junko pantsu were not censored in that scene...
Spoiler for pantsu:

Quote:
I think what killed him was the shock of the most unsuspecting person doing the deed
lol, I still didn't get how he survived the "hodgson style perf"-- err... dimensional cutting I mean, all other ninjas died instantly, and even Sai got his arm cut... oh, well... who cares anymore... just give me ep 11 now! no, wait... give ep 10 uncensored first, need to see Eiko nipples after that, we can move on...
Old 2010-06-05, 21:08   Link #2034
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Is it just me or does it seem that they skip a lot of the story in the last 2eps it just seems that this series should be longer man it looks like a forced ending
Old 2010-06-05, 21:21   Link #2035
mangatron

Well it would seem that way, although the time between the island vacation and the Hattori visitation is quite a short time span. Still, details aren't this series' strong suit.

Quote:
He said that when and if this was over, he would "kimi no koto taisetsu ni suru yo," which literally means he would treat her as important, but is the kind of thing I've heard said between lovers, as in being someone's taisetsu na hito ("important person").
I didn't want to say anything about it because I recently was told about the process Crunchy goes for translating, so it shouldn't have been so weird, but why they chose to go with "take care of you" as opposed to "important person" I'll never know. Not like it hasn't happened before...

Quote:
What he said to himself about Keena was that he would protect her freedom. This sounds to me more like one's attitude toward a child, or someone whom one is protecting for her own sake.
What Sai's been saying and what he's been doing really aren't adding up at all. He's all irritated when Keena's safety is at risk, and towards Junko he's said a number of heartless things to her. I think it all boils down to that one last question in-between all of this: what is Keena not saying. Surely once her past opens up it's not going to be the same old, same old for everyone.

Quote:
I'm not saying it's clear-cut for Junko, just that it's not clear-cut for Keena, and what he said to Junko could be interpreted as a declaration. We shall see how things turn out. I think Keena may possibly be too important a personage to be the romantic lead. There is plenty of affection between her and Akuto, though, for sure.
I've been thinking.... just what part of the day is Keena's birthday... she celebrated at the stroke of midnight, and while this whole war is going the day may pass and we'll never know what's so special about it

(Ok I confess, I'm not being serious here, as well on the whole conclusive partner issue. Me being Johnny Raincloud is never a serious moment)

Quote:
Well it certainly didn't work against him or her thoughts prevented her from even trying

By the way I wonder if this is like Gundam00, the gods (A-laws) ordering hits on "dangerous" targets, and then covering it up. Surely everyone will change their perception when they find out Suhara targeted a school girl, anti-magic Head killing Teruya Head, Mister X waking the cucumber, etc. I think this could be Sai's moment to do something good on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
lol, I still didn't get how he survived the "hodgson style perf"-- err... dimensional cutting I mean, all other ninjas died instantly, and even Sai got his arm cut... oh, well... who cares anymore... just give me ep 11 now! no, wait... give ep 10 uncensored first, need to see Eiko nipples after that, we can move on...
Weeeelllll..... I guess the headmaster made something clear to us. With a little bit of work, and a bit o' luck, one can slow their aging process.

A animated Superman movie (Superman vs Doomsday, greatest brawl in history of Superman's animated works), explained it in another way: by slowing down main body functions to recover. I guess this happened here (since the mana was spilling out of Keizou), that he was using mana to at least somewhat retain consciousness. But, they won't explain that detail, right?

lol uncensored version... something to look forward to about Eiko for once
Old 2010-06-05, 22:37   Link #2036
JediNight
キズランダム

You sure there is going to be a 2nd season? I assumed the reason the episodes starting going thru the plot at lightspeed around Ep5, was they decided S2 wasnt coming and wanted to cover as much ground as possible at that point.

IMHO it would be insulting to have a S2 at this point, having skipped/skimmed over probably 50% or more of the 6vols they will have gotten up to at the end here... Which left the storytelling abrupt and disjointed, and poor development where characters make sudden personality/decision shifts bc they skipped all the in-between....
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 23:39   Link #2037
brutalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
You sure there is going to be a 2nd season? I assumed the reason the episodes starting going thru the plot at lightspeed around Ep5, was they decided S2 wasnt coming and wanted to cover as much ground as possible at that point.
No, it started with the rushed end of episode 3. The general pattern seems to be that they stretch out the harem comedy, add panty fanservice(*) and compress the action/climax, with the exception of Episode 7. The end result is that the harem comedy generally works, and the action doesn't.

(*) Which they don't need to do. I mean, it's not as though the show is lacking fanservice opportunities. It has a character who flies round naked, and the onsen episode has a battle between naked ninja!

Quote:
IMHO it would be insulting to have a S2
I disagree, it really needs a second season. One done by a different anime house, and covering the same first 5 novels in 24 episodes instead of 12. They should keep the seiyuus though. At least if they end the season without an anime-original ending there will be a chance of a S2 which isn't so compressed.

Daimaou seems like a great example of how adapting 5 light novels into 12 episodes doesn't work. Which is a great pity, since the base material seems excellent. Maybe I'm wrong about that - has anyone here read the novels?

(The last few episodes of Durarara have left me wondering if it's going to end up as a great example of how adapting 3 LNs into 24 episodes doesn't work either. But that's another story.)
brutalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 23:49   Link #2038
satomianzaki

kenna does act like a child...and still full of mysteries...its really hard to understand what she really feels and thinks on the current happenings...

but it's still nice to know that she and sai has some kind of mutual understanding...from episode 8, sai promising that he will definitely protect her freedom, and she in turn saying that when he's in trouble she'll save him...

i'm waiting how kenna will do that...now that sai is definitely in trouble...

Old 2010-06-06, 01:02   Link #2039
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
kenna does act like a child...and still full of mysteries...its really hard to understand what she really feels and thinks on the current happenings...

but it's still nice to know that she and sai has some kind of mutual understanding...from episode 8, sai promising that he will definitely protect her freedom, and she in turn saying that when he's in trouble she'll save him...

i'm waiting how kenna will do that...now that sai is definitely in trouble...

That's definitely where most of my excitement for the next ep is going. I'm hoping this is where the Keena trail finally stops and we at least see something about her that's, well, not mysterious

Oh wait, I was supposed to post that prediction, that's what I was thinking about...

And for some reason, I can't stop laughing about Korone's absence :heh
Old 2010-06-06, 01:59   Link #2040
wingman32x

Wow, that was a pretty epic episode. Akuto looked freakin badass on the back of that dragon. LOL at Yui going into idol mode despite the circumstances. I really liked the Junko X Akuto moment. She finally took what she was thinking and actually said it . Looks like they're going all out during these last few episodes.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen