Negawakuba no Kono Te ni Koufuku Wo

Spoiler for Vol covers:

Other Titles : A Wish to Grab Happiness/願わくばこの手に幸福を
Author : Shon Tanaka
Artist : Ochau

LN status :
Vol 1 - Sept 10, 2018
Vol 2 - Feb 2, 2019

WN status : 422 chapters (ongoing) - 14 WN arcs, 15th in progress.

WN link : https://ncode.syosetu.com/n3170ed/
Translation : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/...rab-happiness/

Lower-caste adventurer Lugis accompanies the Hero Helot Stanley’s party, but is constantly abused and mocked by its other members over his weakness and uselessness compared to them (the members are skilled geniuses in their fields, he's a average poor street-rat of the slums). Even his main motivation for joining the party, his childhood friend Ariane, is in love with Helot.

Angry and bitter at his fate, he accepts an offer from a mysterious shadow being to send him back to the past to redo his life. However fate and Lugis's own conscience intervene to reunite him once again with the party members; can he reinvent himself to finally gain a place of respect with them?

Spoiler for Usual questions:

- Story is a more subtle, character-driven version of the 2nd chance at life genre.
- Focus is on character growth; of the MC as he uses his past life knowledge to prevent his exploitation, and of the party members as MC's actions positively affect their views of him, and their worldviews due to their own difficult pasts
- MC has angry victim mentality - inside he curses and mocks his teammates for their past timeline abuse. However he has a fundamentally good conscience, which leads him to help them even though he knows it's not his problem anymore.
- Author's focus is likely on redemption of MC's bullies as he subtly changes the past with what future knowledge he has.

Also has a manga version.
https://comic-walker.com/contents/de...1090010000_68/
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-13, 12:28   Link #2
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Few spoilers:

Spoiler:

This work is a hit and miss. It has some really good moments, and some boring ones too. The main reason I still follow it is to see how Lugis will manage to make it out alive amongst all the yandere.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-13, 12:47   Link #3
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
Few spoilers:

Spoiler:

This work is a hit and miss. It has some really good moments, and some boring ones too. The main reason I still follow it is to see how Lugis will manage to make it out alive amongst all the yandere.
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Story-wise, has any major events happened so far?

And what about the shadow creature that send Lugis back in time?
Old 2019-09-13, 16:14   Link #4
Rinvelt
駄目人間

A few major events happened. Also bring another problem of the novel: the passage of time. There is no description of the passage of time.
Only one time where it's said a few winter passed since Lugis met Karia, so a few years should have passed, but looking at the story it's weird.

As for the shadow, well, I guess it doesn't really need spoiler as it's obvious: the God that Matheia and the Crest Cult revere (don't remember his name).
For the actual spoilers:
Spoiler:
Old 2019-09-23, 10:48   Link #5
sasuke706

Starting reading this and it's a pretty good. And a yandere harem simulator.

One issue I have with the writing is the author really likes using slight variations of "唇が、波打つ". Like it stands out to the point it becomes distracting. Along with a lot of teeth/canine/molar clenching variants.
And instead of using eyes to express emotion he always uses the corner of their eyes (眦) instead. Not sure what's up with that. Like I'm pretty sure some emotions he wants to convey using it just don't work.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-23, 11:04   Link #6
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Worst offender is 紛れもなく which is basically in every freaking chapter until the author finally start to use it less (still use it).
Old 2019-09-23, 16:32   Link #7
lokoxDZz

Is this a weak to strong or he will keep being weak?
lokoxDZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-23, 16:55   Link #8
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^He was never really "weak" (though not that strong either), just the people he compares himself with are freaking strong.
He becomes stronger with time due to reasons, but in the end the strongest character is still Karia.

For reasons (big spoilers):
Spoiler:
Old 2020-05-04, 06:49   Link #9
tfate
true harem seeker

Illustrations for Volume 1

Spoiler for volume 1 illustration:
tfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 05:28   Link #10
tsunade666

Question: In his 2nd life is he still in love with his childhood friend that still loved the hero? If he is, and she still loves the hero, then its just going in circles.... ugh. I hate that type of story. Just move on bud or just do us a favor and end yourself.
Old 2020-05-06, 05:58   Link #11
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^It's heavily implied that his CF always loved him (in the previous life too), but because she's controlled by the goddess(lol) it looked like she liked the hero.

That's why the main objective of the MC is to free her from the goddess(lol).
Old 2020-05-06, 06:13   Link #12
tsunade666

0_0 why would the goddess do that? if its the gods being douche/cliche/dumb evil, then its a no~no for me but if there is more to it then please tell.

I have scene this WN before but just reading the description made me wants to bash his head but reading the post here, made me consider but still questionable if I would read it. Not a fan of harem unless the harem is torturing/making the MC suffer. Yandere harem might sound nice but I need a better set up/gimmick to make me read a stupid MC.
Old 2020-05-06, 06:55   Link #13
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^People think she's a good goddess (past hero who went from human to god), but it's actually wrong.
The actually good god (past companion of the goddess that everyone thinks is a betrayer, thus a bad god, when it's actually the reverse) is the one who sent the MC in the past, thinking he was the key to go against the goddess.

To be fair, this novel isn't for everyone. I, myself, kinda half gave up reading everything properly and am just continuing to know how this yandere harem will end.
Old 2020-05-06, 07:02   Link #14
tsunade666

Quote:
^People think she's a good goddess (past hero who went from human to god), but it's actually wrong.
The actually good god (past companion of the goddess that everyone thinks is a betrayer, thus a bad god, when it's actually the reverse) is the one who sent the MC in the past, thinking he was the key to go against the goddess.
this setting had become generic in revenge plot story.

I'm fine with betrayed and revenge plot but I don't like redemption plot. especially if it's only girls getting redemption for the sake of harem. if there would be redemption plot then be gender equality and everyone had chance.

thanks for the answers.

this story is typically not for me.

for me is the revenge plot of do the revenge or ignore/forget the revenge and move on but not forget the sin plot. it's the revenge that do it if they are screwing with you but I prefer the typical that get life and not the easy/normal life but deal with the problem yourself life.
Old 2020-05-06, 08:24   Link #15
Rinvelt
駄目人間

It never was a revenge plot, though.
The MC hates them, but more than that he admires them and want to stand next to them.

Also, the girls didn't get redempted, they're not even the same persons in the first place. You can't say the you from 10 years ago was the same as you now.
Here, the girls are different from what they were in MC's first life. It's them before they were broken and got "saved" by the hero. So MC saved them before they were broken, thus they're different.

Karia is mostly the same, liking strong people (and this time MC isn't weak, so she becomes interested in him, not like past life)
Fiarat didn't care about anyone but the hero in past life, but now she's able to care about other people.
Eldis too, was pretty broken and thought about other people than the hero as shit, but now she's a proper queen. (well, at least she acts like one)

So basically, the story is more about the MC achieving great things and becoming a hero than revenge.
Old 2020-05-06, 08:58   Link #16
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Is this another story where the hero is an asshole, or is he somewhat improved from the MC's first life as well.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 09:08   Link #17
Rinvelt
駄目人間

The hero is a great guy both in past life and this one. He saved people and treated MC as his friend.
Though in this life, he kinda becomes yandere for MC.
Old 2020-05-06, 09:33   Link #18
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The hero is a great guy both in past life and this one. He saved people and treated MC as his friend.
Though in this life, he kinda becomes yandere for MC.
Now that's unusual. I'll give it a try then.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 11:45   Link #19
tfate
true harem seeker

I'm currently around chapter 200s nearing 300s. I would say it is true that this novel has a hit and miss. If we take out the Yandere harem, one of the good thing in the wn is how the MC struggle yet never stops to keep moving forward despite being slightly above average person. I wonder if the heroines will ever know about the MC's past life?
tfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 23:10   Link #20
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfate View Post
I'm currently around chapter 200s nearing 300s. I would say it is true that this novel has a hit and miss. If we take out the Yandere harem, one of the good thing in the wn is how the MC struggle yet never stops to keep moving forward despite being slightly above average person. I wonder if the heroines will ever know about the MC's past life?
It might explain why there hasn't been a new LN volume release since Vol 2.

It's been 1 year and 3 months since Vol 2 came out;yet there's no new release despite there being a lot of WN content available.

Tags
time travel, yandere harem