AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-05-01, 19:56   Link #8661
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yeah, straight cut jeans for me. I like to keep freedom of mobility in my legs :S
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 20:12   Link #8662
Lost Cause

^Well I didn't mean jeans so tight they cut off your circulation! Just something your comfortable in and are nice to look at, if you get my drift?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 20:14   Link #8663
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

...which in my case, would still be straight cut jeans. XD
Old 2011-05-01, 20:24   Link #8664
Lost Cause

Me, I prefer baggy jeans for working out in the yard or everyday where, but I have my "skinny" jeans as well, fir when I want to look good and maybe cause a whip lash or two.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 20:38   Link #8665
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Which reminds me to make myself an actual wardrobe when I get out of school...by handing some of my female friends $500 and asking them what would look good on me.
Old 2011-05-01, 21:21   Link #8666
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

My problem with jeans is that I'm extremely flexible, and enjoy sitting in a manner similiar to L. Usually Jeans don't allow that range of movement, while khakis and Chinos do, being much lighter material.

On the other hand, I haven't worn jeans in ages, so I could wrong. Jeans are a lot tougher then Chinos, but I can't see em being comfortable in hot weather like light chinos are.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 21:30   Link #8667
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Now that the weather is getting warmer on campus, jeans are going away and being replaced with skirts and shorts. I'm seeing lots and lots of legs lately.
Old 2011-05-01, 21:48   Link #8668
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Jeans or dress pants with boots or dress shoes respectively for me. One must always appear presentable at all times if they are to leave the house.

I love how this has partially deviated into fashion, yet none of us care.
Old 2011-05-01, 23:13   Link #8669
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I second that.
Even so you have to be more cautious when bending down and stuff Stupid modesty D:
I actually just don't worry about it anymore, even though "short" skirts are especially short on me, because I'm rather tall and have long legs. Usually due to the weather, I have tights on anyway.

But in the instances where I don't wear tights, I just make sure I pick panties that look good, so if it happens, at least I'll look good.

I tend to bend down by crouching with my knees, anyway. It's better for your back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Nonsense, leggings are just de-facto pants. Sure, I suppose they maintain the shape, but they're just an inferior replacement for the real deal.

The problem with tight jeans is that... they're too tight! Can't move in the damn things. Even normal jeans are so stiff.

Me, I love my Chinos. Comfortable and can be worn in a formal environment. They're the pants for all occasions! Pretty cheap too.
I love tights. My legs look good in them, especially with a good pair of Mary Janes or knee-high boots.

Girls can get away with tight jeans more because our jeans have stretchy power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Me, I prefer baggy jeans for working out in the yard or everyday where, but I have my "skinny" jeans as well, fir when I want to look good and maybe cause a whip lash or two.
I only have one pair of skinny jeans and they are only worn with boots. I hate skinny jeans for any other occasion--they make my feet look positively enormous. I usually wear bootcut, but I miss five years ago when I could find cute flare-leg jeans everywhere.

Quote:
My problem with jeans is that I'm extremely flexible, and enjoy sitting in a manner similiar to L. Usually Jeans don't allow that range of movement, while khakis and Chinos do, being much lighter material.
It's different for guys because hipster-skinny-jeans for men are not stretchy, while most women's jeans have spandex in the weave, so they give as you move. Even my tightest, most curve-outlining pair of jeans are perfectly easy to move around in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Now that the weather is getting warmer on campus, jeans are going away and being replaced with skirts and shorts. I'm seeing lots and lots of legs lately.
I did today and I drew a lot of eyes. My orange two-tiered ruffled short skirt, which is one of my favorites to wear bare-legged, because it's just long enough to prevent unwanted panty shots, but short enough to remain enticing.

And I went to the mall to try and find a new hoodie (unsuccessful) but found a cute pale blue cotton short skirt with a bit of a flare to it on clearance at Cotton On... which brings my total number of short skirts up to seven.
Old 2011-05-03, 08:30   Link #8670
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I actually just don't worry about it anymore, even though "short" skirts are especially short on me, because I'm rather tall and have long legs. Usually due to the weather, I have tights on anyway.

But in the instances where I don't wear tights, I just make sure I pick panties that look good, so if it happens, at least I'll look good.

I tend to bend down by crouching with my knees, anyway. It's better for your back.
Yes, use the knees. A few years ago, right in the middle of town, I saw a woman have close to her whole butt pop out of her jeans when she bent over. Thing was, she was either wearing a G-string or nothing because I saw her whole butt...I'm almost wondering if she did it intentionally...

At least you're prepared, Syn.

Quote:
I love tights. My legs look good in them, especially with a good pair of Mary Janes or knee-high boots.
Mary Janes are cute and enticing in warmer weather while boots go well with winter wear.

Quote:
Girls can get away with tight jeans more because our jeans have stretchy power!
Tell me about it... I wear out my jeans within 3-4 months these days because the thigh area just gets worn out and frays big time. I'm sick of it and the financial burden.

Quote:
I only have one pair of skinny jeans and they are only worn with boots. I hate skinny jeans for any other occasion--they make my feet look positively enormous. I usually wear bootcut, but I miss five years ago when I could find cute flare-leg jeans everywhere.
Flares were cute, wish they were still around. Lowrider is becoming prevalent these days...and I can't stand lowrider...I didn't realise thinking one's feet were too big was an issue?? I can't say I would ever think about that, honestly. If her feet are washed and in relative comfort in the shoes she's in, that's all I'd care about when it comes to feet.

Quote:
It's different for guys because hipster-skinny-jeans for men are not stretchy, while most women's jeans have spandex in the weave, so they give as you move. Even my tightest, most curve-outlining pair of jeans are perfectly easy to move around in.
Yeah...my mum got me a 'special' pair of jeans once...they were the best jeans I've ever worn by a long margin. Then one day mum tells me 'Actually, those are female jeans.' Now I envy the jeans you guys get to wear...male jeans suck for comfort and stretch.

Quote:
I did today and I drew a lot of eyes. My orange two-tiered ruffled short skirt, which is one of my favorites to wear bare-legged, because it's just long enough to prevent unwanted panty shots, but short enough to remain enticing.
How very strategic. You've got the measurements/ratios planned out - pro.

Quote:
And I went to the mall to try and find a new hoodie (unsuccessful) but found a cute pale blue cotton short skirt with a bit of a flare to it on clearance at Cotton On... which brings my total number of short skirts up to seven.
Hoodies make women with longer hair super-cute for me. And I suppose you know have a short skirt for every day of the week.
Old 2011-05-03, 12:13   Link #8671
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Yeah...my mum got me a 'special' pair of jeans once...they were the best jeans I've ever worn by a long margin. Then one day mum tells me 'Actually, those are female jeans.' Now I envy the jeans you guys get to wear...male jeans suck for comfort and stretch.
All this positive talk about female jeans is making me jealous and curious.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 15:26   Link #8672
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

They are really great, but they lack an important quality for guys--there's no ball room!
Old 2011-05-03, 16:30   Link #8673
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
Quote:
They are really great, but they lack an important quality for guys--there's no ball room!
Well said, m'lady...

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 17:04   Link #8674
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I was recently incredibly disturbed to find out that most houses don't have a dedicated Ball Room.

Where do people hold their dances and/or ball pits?

What, hold it in the living Room? Very Crass. For one thing your Living room is only large enough to hold 20 couples doing a hustle, at best. Can't even hold a proper waltz.
Old 2011-05-03, 20:23   Link #8675
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Quote:
Well, that's not the biggest problem for most men, as many lack a pair.
Old 2011-05-03, 20:57   Link #8676
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
I was recently incredibly disturbed to find out that most houses don't have a dedicated Ball Room.

Where do people hold their dances and/or ball pits?

What, hold it in the living Room? Very Crass. For one thing your Living room is only large enough to hold 20 couples doing a hustle, at best. Can't even hold a proper waltz.
People still use Ball Rooms?
Old 2011-05-03, 23:06   Link #8677
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
I would have thought you'd approve of that, though.
Old 2011-05-04, 01:53   Link #8678
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
People still use Ball Rooms?
You Don't????
Old 2011-05-04, 17:06   Link #8679
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I guess you guys could get the jeans that are designed to come up higher and just wear them lower on your body. The crazy low-rise jeans are bad even for us though... I have a pair which I never wear, because I swear they constantly feel like they're about to slide off.
Old 2011-05-04, 17:58   Link #8680
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
I guess you guys could get the jeans that are designed to come up higher and just wear them lower on your body. The crazy low-rise jeans are bad even for us though... I have a pair which I never wear, because I swear they constantly feel like they're about to slide off.
We can't be looking like workmen on a building site .

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom