Notices

Old 2018-10-30, 11:00   Link #1281
Jetalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
Spoiler for ENDING:

aside from main ending
There are still 3 post-story
2 Web Novel ( Academy crisis and Other-world arc )
1 Manga ( The bunny journey in Tempest )

Thank you, my soul can now rest. Heck, it's all good despite all the drags on the later arcs. Hopefully, the anime could be great though.

"Let's get along, neh?"
Jetalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-30, 11:42   Link #1282
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetalier View Post
Thank you, my soul can now rest. Heck, it's all good despite all the drags on the later arcs. Hopefully, the anime could be great though.
It guarantee to getting better
as LN Manga and Anime already rewrite a lot of contents from Web Novel while stay true to original plot
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 05:47   Link #1283
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Is that the LN ending? Or the WN ending perhaps both?
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 05:55   Link #1284
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

After finally getting to read Veldora's diary 1-6 (the first 3 escpacially), I have to say: Great Sage is scary. These Veldora observations only make my conspiracy theory senses tingling in regards to Great Sage. Also I think even more now that Great Sage is best girl.

Now I really wish for some kind of "prequel", perhaps have it have a title like "Tensura:Zero" or something along those lines. And it should be from the POV of Great Sage/Raphael, because I feel like that's really the ONE thing that we have been lacking about this story. We never got to know too much about her and her machinations in the background, other than that one bit right after she evolved into Raphael and took over Rimuru's body to save Shion & co.

What such a prequel-story would entail:

(NOTE: THIS IS NOT CANON. I really hate it when someone misunderstands my theories as being a reiteration of things from the WN - it is NOT. So for all those reading with machine translators here: This. Is. NOT. Canon.)

- Completely from Great Sage's perspective
- Shows us a timeline in which everything is completely hopeless for Satoru Mikami's slime reincarnation self, e.g. no sealed Veldora, no granted name (will therefore refer to Rimuru as "Slime A") no access to high-magicules-birthplace/hippocute herbs/magi ores, etc.
- Slime A is therefore very weak and with Great Sage's existence can only use 1 waterblade per day after extensively saving up mana through Predator, acquisition of Magic Sense also takes much more time and cannot be constantly active
- Any friend Slime A makes dies a tragic death as complete contrast to the current, "main" timeline we know of
- In the end Great Sage witnesses how Slime A tragically becomes like an empty husk from his original carefree personality over time
- Hinata almost kills Slime A, but he manages to escape, however later she finds him again and finally Slime A's soul gets destroyed by her, but due to some great miracle, Great Sage somehow managed to stay "alive", which makes Great Sage take control over the still living body of Slime A
- Great Sage, who already established her ego, decides to create a grand keikaku* to change the past into one where Slime A manages to survive and stays able to keep his carefree nature (tl note: keikaku means plan)
- Great Sage somehow finds a way to cooperate with/reincarnate into/manipulate Cloe to prepare various things for Rimuru with her Time Leap skill, setting up everything "convenient" that happens to Rimuru
- Cloe seals Veldora and alongside him there is a "Data package" that's the current timeline's Great Sage receives to keep this timeline's version "up-to-date" with the original one
- Cloe attacks Demon King Leon, who reincarnated with her, meets Shizue and sets her up so that she can provide Ifirit, Shizue's own skill, and Shizue's own human body to Slime A
- After doing all that Slime A has much better starting conditions, being born as an A-rank monster from the beginning in each new timeline despite being a slime and always starts off by being named "Rimuru Tempest" by Veldora, which gives a further boost, alongside a great stock of potions and ores
- Despite that Rimuru still dies around the same time in every single timeline
- It turns out that Rimuru is "fated" to always have two battles with Hinata in every timeline and to inevitably die during his second battle with her, with the only escape from that being Rimuru otaining an Ultimate Skill
- Great Sage first tries to prevent the fate's outcome by somehow fusing Hinata into Cloe, but it fails, as the only thing it leads to is Hinata dying AFTER killing Rimuru, and Cloe starting off stronger as the nameless hero
- Great Sage ultimately recognises that the only way to save Rimuru is him turning into a True Demon Lord to obtain one or more ultimate skills, but she doesn't like that it would require Rimuru to lose his carefreeness even for a moment
- She hesitates, as can be seen from Cloe holding off Rimuru several times and leading him to the "destruction of Tempest ending", despite being aware of the pointless of this action, which also seriously worsens the erosions of Cloe's memories at this point, making it difficult for her to make any complex changes and limits Great Sage's number of possibly "uses" of her
- The dire situation ultimately makes Great Sage willing to go through with her plan, starting off by herself going into the past and somehow becoming the Unique Skill of Lucia
- Great Sage manipulates events so that she replaces the position of whatever other skill would later become "Wisdom King Raphael" and instead establishes herself as such to have the template ready for Rimuru's Demon Lord Ascension, all while pretending to be exclusively loyal to Lucia, so that no else chooses to get Raphael as their own Ultimate Skill in the gap between Lucia's life and Rimuru's life
- In the end Lucia dies as she always did and Raphael gets "freed up"
- Rimuru finally does his thing and becomes a True Demon Lord and one of the first thing Raphael does when finally becoming Rimuru's Ultimate Skill is removing any of the "bad emotions" from Rimuru, resetting him to his "carefree self"
- The prequel ends here and the mainstory progresses as always
- Perhaps an epilogue or something would address further details about how Hinata being free from Velda's thought manipulation stabilizes Cloe's stable timeloop and relieves most of the side-effects of her memory erosion, despite the memories themselves probably not coming back so easily

tl;dr original timeline's Rimuru started off in dire conditions without any of the "Gary Stuness" he has in the main timeline we know of, and Great Sage somehow gets Cloe to change the past into the one we know of.

This is essentially my headcanon. One of the reasons I believe things to be like that is because it explains a lot of things that seemed... "too convenient" and also shows us why Cloe timetraveled for Rimuru's sake to the point of obsession, as the idea that she only did it for her lovable sensei she only knew for 3 months seems a bit odd to me, alongside her whole background and Rimuru's strange acceptance of the "timespirit", makes me believe that Great Sage and she are SOMEHOW connected. Their willingness to give everything for Rimuru just seems far too similar to me as well.

I mean if it was just "strong love", that Great Sage and Cloe share for Rimuru, I could still simply view it as them coincidently both helping Rimuru serperately on their own, but the way of Cloe being so self-sacrifical about it, to the point her memories get completely mumbled up, really reminds me of the utter devotion that Great Sage/Raphael showed on various occasions.

Perhaps they are just very similar to each other and cooperate, as they share the same goal at least. Maybe in one of the timelines where Rimuru dies, he gave Great Sage to Cloe right before his death or something, which gave them the opportunity to cooperate or something, I don't know. There are many possible reasons for their actions to be coordinated, considering timetravel and interdimensional travel are properly established phenomena in this story.

Most importantly I believe this because I really don't like the idea that some others are spreading about Rimuru being Lucia's reincarnation. I feel it would cheapen this story quite a bit. It's a personal issue I guess. I just don't like when a story, near the end, pulls of the whole "the protagonist is actually some ancient super-god! Or a relative of one!" It's fine if it's explained at the early parts of the story because you at least know what you get, but I really like the idea of the protagonist being "the new guy" that breaks into the established order and starts his own legend, rather than just secretly being someone who was involved all along or part of the "next generation" (in a literal sense). I mean there is no purpose to him being Lucia's reincarnation other than some cheap-shot "it's super ironic!"-writing.

Well, I am still quite a bit behind, having stopped reading at chapter 194, so maybe some things I mentioned here were already confirmed or contradicted, but anyways, it's just my headcanon for now.

Sorry for that wall of text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserjacksaw View Post
The only "ending" that could possibly be refered to in this thread is the WN ending, since the LN is still on-going.

Last edited by GreyZone; 2018-10-31 at 06:30.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 05:55   Link #1285
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserjacksaw View Post
Only web novel for now
As LN is around the 2nd last arc
Old 2018-10-31, 06:17   Link #1286
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Only web novel for now
As LN is around the 2nd last arc
I wouldn't be so quick to say that it's the "2nd last arc". Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't most of LN vol. 10 supposedly an LN-original arc? At least that's what I have been reading, as it supposedly focuses a character that doesn't exist in the WN version.

Considering how the last arcs focused too much only on constant battle, I think it's very plausible to think that things will be altered at bit. Maybe remove several battles or modify them and have them take place earlier in the story so that the finale isn't too cramped with constant battles.

I mean I don't think that people would want the final 3 volumes to only be battle scenes, right? This might somewhat work for a WN with releases every (few) day(s), or a weekly shounen manga, but it probably wouldn't be too well received for a once-every-few-months 350+ pages LN release. Even more so if Rimuru would not appear for two entire volumes.
Old 2018-10-31, 09:24   Link #1287
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to say that it's the "2nd last arc". Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't most of LN vol. 10 supposedly an LN-original arc? At least that's what I have been reading, as it supposedly focuses a character that doesn't exist in the WN version.

Considering how the last arcs focused too much only on constant battle, I think it's very plausible to think that things will be altered at bit. Maybe remove several battles or modify them and have them take place earlier in the story so that the finale isn't too cramped with constant battles.

I mean I don't think that people would want the final 3 volumes to only be battle scenes, right? This might somewhat work for a WN with releases every (few) day(s), or a weekly shounen manga, but it probably wouldn't be too well received for a once-every-few-months 350+ pages LN release. Even more so if Rimuru would not appear for two entire volumes.
That would be even better
since as everyone mention the last arc isn't that great due it all consist of fighting
have something in between to lessen that would be perfect
Old 2018-10-31, 16:07   Link #1288
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Just a quick question?

It just came to me since it felt weird...but....

how does one be classified as a God?

After I read that later on Rimuru is known through out the history as the "Great Demon lord who saves the world" then....in truth what is he now?...
A New hidden God of the world?
A Demon God that ascended from a demon lord?
A absolute ultimate super strong near omnipotent being but not a God just like Nagumo Hajime from that DISGUSTING Arifureta?

After all as far as I knew Veldanava is not a true God but a dragon with a near omnipotent energy & power I think even Veldanava never did he think himself as a God thats why he calls himself "Star Dragon" only the world praise him as a God........So is Rimuru the same with just more true infinite endless energy & power?

Then again if we where to view what & how one classified as a God in the point of view of what is a God on Kumo deau ga Nani ka? those with just a vast amount of energy equalling or greater than a star or planet can be called God?

So the Slime a God or not?
Old 2018-10-31, 17:08   Link #1289
Ultragunner

^ Veldanava was a true god though, he created the world and all, he was more like a god in a form of a dragon rather than a dragon acting like a god
He lived a Heavenly Realm with Heaven's Gate, he d even had angels and other beinga with holy attributes (the Dargule)

At the end of the series, Rimuru becomes the very strongest being, Ciel even states that he can now recreate the world ten thousan times over with everyone having intact memories in it (well he can pick and choose which one to )

Rimuru still retains the Great Demon Lord title because that's where he ascended from.

Of course, it's not like Rimuru wants to declare himself as a god, or behave like one anyway
Old 2018-10-31, 19:18   Link #1290
mickbis

His power is similar to Veldanava so if you think Valdanava is akin to God
Then Rimuru is too but his known status in history in Great Demon Lord
and act the same

There also statement that Guy pick a fight with him from time to time
probably out of boredom and should be similar to Guy relation with Veldanava at first too
Old 2018-10-31, 19:29   Link #1291
Ultragunner

^ I don't think Veldanava fought Guy that often?

IIRC, they fought once and Veldanava utterly destroyed Guy, and the latter agreed to be the world's arbitrator that keep humanity from overreaching themselves.
Granted, at the time Guy did not have an ultimate skill nor even a name yet.

If anything, Guy is similar to Rudra as some sort of "protege"

Well, I do agree that Rimuru has become someone that Guy respects, as much as Veldanava
Old 2018-10-31, 20:52   Link #1292
mickbis

Ah yes my bad
They fought once not often
But I'm not sure if Guy respect Rimuru as mush as Veldanava tho
I feel like he views their position is of equal standing or something
Old 2018-11-01, 03:21   Link #1293
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

No what im curious is not a recognition of everyone of him or wharever he declare himself a god

What Im curious is that is Rimuru as legit God being(not title or anything) or just simply strong?
Old 2018-11-01, 05:43   Link #1294
Ultragunner

what do you even mean by “god being” ?
Old 2018-11-01, 06:11   Link #1295
mickbis

He do not act like one
So that should be the later
Old 2018-11-01, 08:16   Link #1296
tsunade666

What does classify as a God to begin with?

here in this series, Velda might be hailed and worship as true god but he is also the first true dragon. Star Dragon to be precise. True, he create that world with the energy produced by turn null. he even governs it and creates lots of parallel world with different results because he wants to find the best results. but still. he is still a dragon.
Old 2018-11-01, 08:53   Link #1297
Ultragunner

^ U mean Veldanava? Because Velda is a different guy

IMO, saying Veldanava is “only” a dragon is a bit if an understatement.
Veldora once mentioned that “True Dragons” are spiritual being that took on the appearance of what people call “dragon”

Veldanava was a god in the truest sense. He was the lone being in the vast nothingness, then created the world. He was also the most powerful being who also can control all phenomena including “skills”.

a similar example in realmlife mythology is Tiamat https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiamat, who was seen as the primordial goddess that had part in creating the world, yet she was also depicted as a sea serpent or dragon
Old 2018-11-01, 13:57   Link #1298
tsunade666

I mean veldenava but his name is long so his just velda to me.

even if his the creator of the world. his race is still true dragon or spiritual being in form of dragon.

there are lots vast form of spiritual being . true demon lords are spiritual beings.

god? in other series. there are clear cut of what God is, but here? there isn't. though verse can be classified as one. being the creator.

in this series there are no exact detail on what to call a God. there is no race for God but there are race for a spiritual beings.

btw, in terms of God. Rimuru has it as a race for ultimate slime or vicious dragonoid demon God.
Old 2018-11-02, 04:48   Link #1299
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I mean veldenava but his name is long so his just velda to me.

even if his the creator of the world. his race is still true dragon or spiritual being in form of dragon.

there are lots vast form of spiritual being . true demon lords are spiritual beings.

god? in other series. there are clear cut of what God is, but here? there isn't. though verse can be classified as one. being the creator.

in this series there are no exact detail on what to call a God. there is no race for God but there are race for a spiritual beings.

btw, in terms of God. Rimuru has it as a race for ultimate slime or vicious dragonoid demon God.
But "Velda" is actually used by another character, specifically the main antagonist of the series, so it's not really the best choice to use that name for Veldanava. While Velda is indeed a "soul splinter" of Veldanava, he still isn't Veldanava and moreover there are other characters with fragments of Veldanava, so it's better to keep them seperate.

As for Gods, isn't Rimuru essentially going through a "path of godhood"? I mean he starts off as an equal to one of the beings that in general are considered the closest to a god you can get. And once Rimuru takes over the Goblin village and later gets it going with the Palantine and all that, he pretty much gets treated like the "Guardian Spirit" or perhaps a "Local Shinto God" that protects the village.

When Rimuru becomes a True Demon Lord, he receives the ability to "play around" with others' souls, once they lose their will to resist.

As you pointed out, Rimuru later gets "god" in his species name and as time goes on, his Ultimate Skills advance from being refered to as regents (who are named after angels and demons) to gods, Lovecraftian gods, to be specific.

In the final battles Rimuru becomes something akin to "The Devil" if you think about the fact that he is considered the archnemesis of the ruler of angels and rules over monsters and demons.
Old 2018-11-02, 08:06   Link #1300
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Spoiler for ENDING:

aside from main ending
There are still 3 post-story
2 Web Novel ( Academy crisis and Other-world arc )
1 Manga ( The bunny journey in Tempest )
God ending is one thing, but why they usually pair it with multi existances.
Previously tateyuu, now slime...
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demon lord, evolution, isekai, op slime, reincarnation