AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-10, 20:47   Link #41
tuckersister

That new selector hasn't appear yet. She looks like she know more about the selector system and the mysterious that surround it. We see in a couple episodes.

I still think that Ruko is a former LRIG. We will probably figure out in the later half of the season.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 20:47   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

A ki ra
A ki lovely

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 21:18   Link #43
IceHism

Episode 2 was so good. all the plot development. back to the wixoss we all like.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 22:52   Link #44
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The 2nd episode was fantastic. Awesome and truly startling plot twists/developments, and the whole Aki-Lucky/Ulith!Iona dynamic is simply delicious. I did not see it coming, and it makes for a couple very interesting and fun antagonists.
Yeah, we're getting into the full swing of things and everything is EXCITING!!!
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 23:15   Link #45
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 00:02   Link #46
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Tama this, Tama that ... I'm getting sick of hearing about Tama. Where's my BATTORU?

Poor Iona just wants to be friends with Ruuko. :<
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 00:56   Link #47
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

That construction worker is absolutely correct. It's a terrible idea to stand in the middle of a construction site on a cold day in the late afternoon, perhaps early evening. It's dangerous, and someone else found them it might result in a rize of anger.
Old 2014-10-11, 02:05   Link #48
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-10-11, 06:45   Link #49
silvercover
Romance Expert

^oh yes, hopefully we get a lot more of that pairing now.

looks like wixoss has all but gone fully yuri now.

they're virtually pushing it into our faces now, now you cant just ignore/interpret it differently or claim special case with ruko and iona.

also im having the sneaky suspicion that this 2nd season's plot is derived, or at least influenced, by the desires and discussion of the fandom.

uris and akira had no chemistry in the beginning. nothing was also connecting them at all, no significant difference, no reason for this to happen... unless you've been paying attention to the fandom that is.

remember that we had a discussion regarding the LRIG's compatibility? we had talked about how iona and akira seemed to have gotten the wrong LRIG and should have switched with each other?
yeah...

there's also the yuri bit. I mean before with just the 1st season, most of it was just small teases... if you really squinted.
otherwise wixoss just had girls who are close friends... with iona(and maybe ruko) just being "weird" in their expression.

now even the first episode had advertised it.
I mean in the first ep, when you decide to put up a banner saying "girl meets girl", you're just asking for some sort of interpretation you know...

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 08:26   Link #50
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post

uris and akira had no chemistry in the beginning. nothing was also connecting them at all, no significant difference, no reason for this to happen... unless you've been paying attention to the fandom that is.
Or unless you notice that Ulrith will die if she doesn't sacrifice Akira.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 10:15   Link #51
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Or unless you notice that Ulrith will die if she doesn't sacrifice Akira.
um, what?
where was that stated?

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 11:52   Link #52
Arkeus

Quote:
um, what?
where was that stated?
In the 'part of Iona's wish is forcing Ruko to fight' statements. If Ulrith doesn't manage that it's game over for her.

Hence why this is so delicious, as it's all just a maneuver to sacrifice Akira.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 17:46   Link #53
Diveman

Akira's cards are always interesting, now it seems her deck is focused on spell negation. Tho I miss Piruluk
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 23:03   Link #54
Esclair

I guess Mari Okada prefers her LRIGs to be pantsu-less

Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 23:22   Link #55
Kazu-kun

You do know Okada's a writer, right? She has no input on character designs and animation.
Old 2014-10-12, 05:19   Link #56
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
um, what?
where was that stated?
Iona's wish wasn't just to become Ruko's LRIG. It was also to have Ruko face another skilled Selector after Iona became Ruko's LRIG.

So since Ulith was Iona's LRIG when Iona's wish was granted, it's up to Ulith to find another skilled Selector to challenge the Ruko/Iona team. It probably didn't have to be Aki-lucky, but she's skilled enough to fit the bill. And Akira is a convenient choice since Ulith knows her, and Akira would probably love to have another go at Ruko and/or Iona.

So... Ulith!Iona's feelings for Aki-lucky are about as questionable as Hanayo!Yuzuki's feelings for Kazuki are. In both cases, the former LRIG is bound by the wish of their former Selector, and so might not be entirely sincere when it comes to any feelings displayed in carrying out that wish. Ulith probably doesn't love Aki-lucky just like Hanayo probably doesn't love Kazuki.

That being said, I do think the show is trying to appeal to yuri fans. The whole Iona/Ruko dynamic alone says a lot there, and having Ulith choose this particular method of persuading Aki-lucky is also convenient in being appealing to yuri fans. But I would be cautious in interpreting Ulith!Iona's feelings for Aki-lucky. It's quite likely that Aki-lucky is getting duped.
Old 2014-10-12, 06:18   Link #57
bastek66

Old 2014-10-13, 11:57   Link #58
Shyni

Ulith and Akira's relationship was pretty surprising. Didn't see that coming.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 13:10   Link #59
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Iona's wish wasn't just to become Ruko's LRIG. It was also to have Ruko face another skilled Selector after Iona became Ruko's LRIG.

So since Ulith was Iona's LRIG when Iona's wish was granted, it's up to Ulith to find another skilled Selector to challenge the Ruko/Iona team. It probably didn't have to be Aki-lucky, but she's skilled enough to fit the bill. And Akira is a convenient choice since Ulith knows her, and Akira would probably love to have another go at Ruko and/or Iona.

So... Ulith!Iona's feelings for Aki-lucky are about as questionable as Hanayo!Yuzuki's feelings for Kazuki are. In both cases, the former LRIG is bound by the wish of their former Selector, and so might not be entirely sincere when it comes to any feelings displayed in carrying out that wish. Ulith probably doesn't love Aki-lucky just like Hanayo probably doesn't love Kazuki.

That being said, I do think the show is trying to appeal to yuri fans. The whole Iona/Ruko dynamic alone says a lot there, and having Ulith choose this particular method of persuading Aki-lucky is also convenient in being appealing to yuri fans. But I would be cautious in interpreting Ulith!Iona's feelings for Aki-lucky. It's quite likely that Aki-lucky is getting duped.
That's what I thought. Ulith is making Aki-lucky do her dirty work. I have a feeling Aki-lucky will never have a good ending
Old 2014-10-13, 13:14   Link #60
Shyni

Aki-unlucky.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
proxy battles, psychological