AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-05-04, 13:47   Link #1
Like_Clockwork

Cars anyone?

I was just wondering if anyone likes cars here. I'm most likely going to be getting a Toyota AE86, you know the one from Initial D??? Yeah that one. So yeah lets talk cars.
Like_Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 14:08   Link #2
Rookie103

When you make a thread, you should make it in slightly more detail.

Anyway, on the topic of cars:

I much like the Lamborghini Embolado it's my favourite car.

Spoiler for Lamborghini Embolado:
Rookie103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 15:25   Link #3
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
I'm not sure what my favorite car would be but I do know that my favorite car color is dark yellow. I don't know why but I just like it. I would be driving right now if it weren't for the fact that I missed 4 days of drivers education class. Maybe next year.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 16:02   Link #4
MyGoddess
Tessa-sama

Send a message via MSN to MyGoddess
Of course I like cars but seeing how the oil prices are skyrocketing then owning a car is pretty much a dream for me.

Anyway, my favourite car:
MyGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 16:12   Link #5
Like_Clockwork

Im not to much for super cars. I'm a big fan of euros and imports, sometimes muscle but not often.
Spoiler for AE86:

my favorite look for AE86
Old 2008-05-04, 16:15   Link #6
Like_Clockwork

Also post cars you want, cars you have.
Old 2008-05-04, 16:21   Link #7
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

<- See avatar for current car.
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 16:48   Link #8
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Why would you want a 20 year old economy car? Let's not confuse the hachi roku in initial d for any random one off the streets. Even in the begining of the series it was a highly tuned machine. After it got the new engine it was pretty much race tuned. Bunta probably had the guy who put it in detune the engine a bit so it could be used for day to day use, but it's still not something you can compare a typical one too. You're unlikely to find a hashi roku in decent condition, and even if you do it'll probably have 100k+ miles on it. Wasn't one of the points of Bunta getting the STI to show Takumi that the hachi roku pretty much sucked compared to newer cars?

Get a late model used car with good gas mileage. When gas is $5-6 a gallon your wallet will thank you.

Anyway, I've always been a fan of RX-7s and STIs. Though with gas the way it is, I'm kind of glad I have a protege instead of something with a rotary engine or a street legal rally car.
Old 2008-05-04, 17:09   Link #9
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Though I'm mostly a bike man, I always liked the '68 mustang, too bad those things cost a fortune
or a fortune to rebuild
Old 2008-05-04, 17:13   Link #10
black monster
i don't work for points

did anyone talked about THE Toyota AE86

it is a great car. it is just as what thay say " take care of her. she will take care of you"
black monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:27   Link #11
Like_Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Why would you want a 20 year old economy car? Let's not confuse the hachi roku in initial d for any random one off the streets. Even in the begining of the series it was a highly tuned machine. After it got the new engine it was pretty much race tuned. Bunta probably had the guy who put it in detune the engine a bit so it could be used for day to day use, but it's still not something you can compare a typical one too. You're unlikely to find a hashi roku in decent condition, and even if you do it'll probably have 100k+ miles on it. Wasn't one of the points of Bunta getting the STI to show Takumi that the hachi roku pretty much sucked compared to newer cars?

Get a late model used car with good gas mileage. When gas is $5-6 a gallon your wallet will thank you.

Anyway, I've always been a fan of RX-7s and STIs. Though with gas the way it is, I'm kind of glad I have a protege instead of something with a rotary engine or a street legal rally car.
I want a "20 year old economy car" just as a simple, first, project car. I'm also considering getting a 240sx, hopefully with the sr20det, but i'd settle for a KA, though those tend to blow a lot. Point is I'm actually trying to get into drifting and whats better than the classic hachi roku. I mean it's cheap, theres TONS of parts for it. It's a budget thing ya see?
Old 2008-05-04, 21:48   Link #12
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I've always had a soft spot for minis. Though people seem to dislike the modern ones, I think they're just as great as the old ones. Perhaps better. Same charm, with modern features!
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 22:17   Link #13
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Gas prices are on the run. Too bad most of the gas on the oil tankers are sold as stock on its way to the U.S..
Although Hybrids can do the trick of saving massive amounts of fuel.

Honda Civic will be sufficient for me when I start driving. I don't need a luxury car. Luxury cars are overrated!

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 22:34   Link #14
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post

The AE86 is not a great car by modern standards, but it's a GREAT car for driving technique training and for drifting in general. It's still quite a competitive car in Finnish rally races and Japanese drifting competition.

Certainly, any serious racer could find something better... but that doesn't mean it's not a great little car. It's a combination of traits that really hasn't been done since.

The AE86 is to cars what the Ninja 250 is to motorcycles.

As for me...

I'm not the greatest driver in the world, but I'd certainly like to be! To me, driving is more than just getting from point A to point B. It is about mastery of the machine.

When I have the time, I'd really like to take some performance driving courses. I'm not focused on wanting to drive faster and maneuver like a maniac, but I'm focused on wanting to simply be a better driver and expand my limitations. What I've learned so far has made me a MUCH better driver and saved my skin on several occasions.

I have a good appreciation for American muscle cars, but I most admire cars that are excellent on the track. That's practical excellence and balance.

I currently drive a Ford Focus SVT. I normally can't stand anything labeled "Ford", and the Focus has a poor reputation in the US, but it's an EXCELLENT car... except for being front wheel drive.

My dream cars are the BMW Z4 M Roadster and the De Lorean DMC-12 (nice taste, MyGoddess!). Supercars are neat, but just don't interest me.

Sometime soon I hope to get a Corolla GTS (the American edition of the AE86 platform) for practicing technique.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 23:52   Link #15
Like_Clockwork

^I have to agree. I mean look at the new nissan gtr thats coming out. Super high tech and all that shit, but its not necessarily a drivers car. I heard that its to just to much car and not enough you. Also one of my dream cars is definitely a '95 BMW E36 M3 gotta love that //mpower
Old 2008-05-05, 00:54   Link #16
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

I would get a gtr if I was a racer that needed it. Otherwise i am working towards buying a g37. Love that car to death....
Old 2008-05-05, 01:46   Link #17
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like_Clockwork View Post
I want a "20 year old economy car" just as a simple, first, project car. I'm also considering getting a 240sx, hopefully with the sr20det, but i'd settle for a KA, though those tend to blow a lot. Point is I'm actually trying to get into drifting and whats better than the classic hachi roku. I mean it's cheap, theres TONS of parts for it. It's a budget thing ya see?
Things wear out over time -- axles, door hinges, headlight pop-up dealies.

"Cheap" and "AE86" are two terms that no longer go together, by the way. People who sell them, want crazy amounts of money (crazy considering it's a car that is more than 20 years old).

Around here if it's less than $4000 there's something wrong with it, like HEAVY rusting on the underbody or completely blown engine or frame damage after being crashed by wanna-be dorifto's.

And spending $6000 (US) on a 22-year old Corolla... ugh. That just does not sound right.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 06:59   Link #18
escimo
Paparazzi

Oh man. Cars. One of my passions for sure. Now I own a MB 300CE -88. Damn those Germans knew back then how to make them. 270000 kilometers on the clock and it hasn't missed a beat.

Cars I'd like to own:
Ford Mustang -67 (with a big V8)
Mercedes Benz SL280 W113 preferably from the sixties.
Mazda RX-7 FD
Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 preferably V-spec II
Toyota Supra Mark IV with 2JZ-GTE
Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
All BMW M3s
All BMW M5s
BMW Z8
Carlsson Aigner CK65 Eau Rouge
Can't be bothered to continue this list since I could go on forever.

And I'd like to upgrade the current C124 to a facelifted model with 3.2 24-valve motor.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 08:40   Link #19
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Well for me, I'm hoping this year I will be able to buy my new favorite car that comes out this year.You might know it from the new Iron Man movie.

The Audi R8 V12 TDI Le Mans, It's a beauty.Take a look:

Spoiler for Audi R8 v12 Le Mans:

The first supercar with a diesel engine generating a mere 600 horses
Old 2008-05-05, 10:36   Link #20
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

I'm not a big car person...
We own 2 nice comfy family type sedans; trading one in this weekend for a hybrid, as I've been wanting one for a couple of years now. Getting 50+mpg is VERY tempting lol

I also own a 96 Honda Shadow VLX (600cc). Nothing fancy, but I do adore my bike, even if it's not running right now (cough.. must get fixed cough)

I can't say I can ever fathom buying a really expensive car; I'm too fuddy duddy practical I guess

I do rather have my eye on a Harley Softtail eventually; that's approx 20k

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote