AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-05, 14:04   Link #281
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
According to Sankaku, a huge amount of scenery and locales are straight up copy pasted, in a very obvious way.

Any truth to that?
what? tell ur friend, WHAT GAME ISNT
Old 2010-09-05, 14:18   Link #282
Sassarai
Army of One

Wait till sankaku finds out that S.E also recycle mobs!

Honestly, no one will notice the scenery is recycled unless they actually search for it. Looks pretty good to me so far.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 17:41   Link #283
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Server maintenance for 30 more mins might be the prob.

I think the fatigue system is stupid since it's limiting a certain style of play that will effect a ton of players. Not everyone wants to level 20 jobs, craft, or do silly quests. They should just have a server for really slow casual players or something.
Never heard of a game before that makes their users crash, should they have server maintenance. Interestingly enough, this is the first game to do so, as it would appear to be '' working ''. Fullscreen still doesn't work, just stays black forever :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
what? tell ur friend, WHAT GAME ISNT
Never heard of Sankakucomplex.com ? And there's plenty of games that aren't copy paste.
Old 2010-09-05, 17:51   Link #284
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Never heard of a game before that makes their users crash, should they have server maintenance. Interestingly enough, this is the first game to do so, as it would appear to be '' working ''. Fullscreen still doesn't work, just stays black forever :/

Never heard of Sankakucomplex.com ? And there's plenty of games that aren't copy paste.
Yea, I jsut dont trust sites that have hentai the momment i go into the site without a warning. Not to mention I never trust ratings of other people.

most games are copy and pasted, some are just better hiding it than others.
Old 2010-09-05, 18:03   Link #285
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post

Well it is only a beta so there is bound to be a ton of bugs. Fullscreen works for me but it does take awhile for it to load.
Old 2010-09-05, 18:12   Link #286
Dist

Well doesn't matter. I've read alot about it and it doesn't seem like a game I would play in the end, although to me atleast, the level of detail is great and in general, it looks amazing.... Something that I can't have with this computer of mine.. Lags quite nicely
Old 2010-09-05, 18:14   Link #287
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

open beta is free, give it a try before you let other people judge it for you.
Old 2010-09-06, 09:15   Link #288
Dist

8 hours gameplay per week ? That already, decides it for me. And like I said, it lags like hell .

... And lots of grinding, unlike SE promised ? That too, decides it for me. Lately I've noticed I am REALLY lazy when it comes to leveling on mmo's ... The game must have quests, and alot of them, too.
Old 2010-09-06, 12:40   Link #289
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

ok then, see ya
Old 2010-09-06, 15:55   Link #290
Dist

I assume you are enjoying the game then ? Would you like to tell how you feel about the 8 hours limit ? If you have a job, then you probably are happy with the system ... but bleh. I think it's really unfair to have such limits so that players won't have '' advantage '' because they can play for longer time o.o

I'm just generally interested what others feel about this bs 8 hour limit.
Old 2010-09-06, 16:34   Link #291
Knight Hawk
Lurker

It only effects EXP on each class and after the limit you can only gain skill points. If you want to continue to EXP you need to switch to another class (total of 18 classes)

As Kyero Fox pointed out, try to the game for yourself, it's free. (for now of course )
Old 2010-09-06, 17:40   Link #292
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Oooooh finally in!

Don't know what to truly think yet, but first impression is positive I guess. The start is a lot more newby friendly than XI's at least. And prettier with the whole cs'. Gobbues are awesome creatures <3

I'm still sulking, though. Galkas without their wonderful tail? T_T That was their charming point!

And gee - lag!! If I'll get it really it'll be the PS3 version in march as I predicted. I don't think it will be lag-free even when I put everything to minimum. My laptop is an asshole anyhow.

And lol at me for needing a while to notice that resting is automatic here Of course I go out into the wild questing before I read the instructions.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 02:02   Link #293
Zekori

I originally wrote a pretty detailed post, but the forums decided to logm me out and so you guys get the lazy write up.
=======================

* Partying
- It's broken, there's no reason to do it outside of working together for quests you do every 48 hours.
- You gain shared physical experience for partying, but the problem is you don't get shared job experience. Also when partying the person that does the most damage to the mob gets the higher net worth of job experience.
- You do not get job experience for casting heal spells, or support spells. In addition to the fact you must do melee damage with a very shoddy targeting system with a PC or with a game controller, there's no incentive to be a healer arch-type especially with the way they limit MP.
- With people dealing damage getting job experience, and the healer/s or support classes not getting any this means only the DPS classes will level (effectively making the healers or support characters as merely slaving the dps characters); eventually you will be forced to solo on your own in order to catch up or otherwise be one shotted by mobs or just plain be insufficient waste of space.

This is the way experience and levels work. Physical/Base Level don't mean anything in it's current incarnation
[Example]:
- Level 12 Lancer / 17 Physical Base vs. Level 15 Mob
= Level 12 Character vs. Level 15 Mob
- Level 1 Conjurer / 78 Physical Base vs. Level 15 Mob
= Level 1 Character vs. Level 15 Mob

I'll let you figure out how badly broken partying and job experience is atm, if it remains good luck finding dedicated healers or buffers!

[UI/Interface]
- It's badly coded, it's atrocious and absurd. 8~16 second delay to get into the sync menu, it literally takes 3+ minutes to make a single item.
- Leve's on a timer, it really needs to be knocked down to 4~5 hour cool downs if they really one one with the exception you can do 8 Regional/local leve's in any major quest giving hub (example; 8 in Ul'Dah, 8 in that port town, 8 in the forest town)
- Customer support is bad, development idea's are lagged
- You can't remote party invite
- You can't kick someone in your LS unless their physically logged on and near you; good luck kicking someone who decided to quit and never came back online.

There's a few other things, maybe I'll remember them and come back to this.

Edit: Crafting Jobs are pretty unequal to level, RNG very heavy based with the addition of the occasional "ELEMENT IS UNSTABLE, CHANCE TO MAKE ITEM HAS PLUMMETED DUE TO RNG" ; Cook is insanely fast to level yet jobs like tailoring and carpentry are abysmal.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 10:24   Link #294
Sassarai
Army of One

I'm probably going to wait till after the release to see if things improve. Right now it feels like a dumb down version of FFXI catering more to the casual crowd.
Old 2010-09-07, 11:05   Link #295
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
I'm probably going to wait till after the release to see if things improve. Right now it feels like a dumb down version of FFXI catering more to the casual crowd.
dumbed down my ass, its almost as complicated, just less time consuming.
Old 2010-09-07, 11:21   Link #296
Sassarai
Army of One

Hmm maybe it's not quite like dumbing down but more like a broken version of ffxi.
Old 2010-09-07, 23:30   Link #297
Zekori

It's only complicated because they aren't telling their consumer base, for whatever reason, things about the game. Right now the game isn't for Casual's or hardcore players, it's not meant for any of those two player bases it's just fact.

Did you know that the highest elemental resistance you have affects the types of shards you get from Gathering? No? Well of course.

The game is broken on several levels, they're feinging ignorance or being ignorant on subjects such as recent interviews with them (take it as you will) not realizing that the players may want remote invite or kicks for party or link shell.

Hell, with a game such as this, there needs to be a larger inventory from Retainers. We currently have 80 Bag/80 Retainer space, even ancient games like Ragnarok Online which is basically a beta spread sheet for this game knows to give 100, then eventually had to boost it to 300~1000+ in certain countries. It's easy to cap your bag space with current content, far too easy, yet Square Enix want's you to add another $1 or so for another retainer for a vital game function.

Don't get me started from the apparently lack of a guild bank, which with a game like this would help people of a guild especially when transfering materials to help each other level crafting and what not.

Among other things...
Old 2010-09-08, 01:28   Link #298
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Y'know I loved this game for about the first 15 hrs. even switching classes wasn't that bad, but now all the small things are irritating, and the big probs (see Zekori's post above) are like a cold shower to any love I have left for this game.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 02:06   Link #299
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Just keep in mind the PC version is launching over half a year before the PS3 version. Open beta atm is stress testing, the next few months will be paid beta, while they iron out stuff to make it ready for the PS3 launch.

I agree with most other people's gripes here. UI is horrid, lag is atrocious, software mouse is dismal, so aside from looking pretty it really has nothing going for it. Needs far too much refinement for me to consider paying for, and I have no faith they will since they never did in XI.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 06:58   Link #300
Zekori

Apparently this patch added a few more crafting recipes or implemented the items (?); I can't confirm that. But it seems they fixed party share as I was getting Conjurer exp when healing (not sure about buffing), at least when doing guild leve's I can't comment on grinding mobs I'll have to verify that later.

Tags
mmorpg