AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-23, 12:12   Link #21
andy

man it's awesome to see shanks picking up his hat , after blocking red dog attack and saying he going to end the war .

Last edited by andy; 2010-03-23 at 12:29.
Old 2010-03-23, 12:32   Link #22
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

I'm willing to bet the person who saved Coby was Bogart.
Old 2010-03-23, 12:35   Link #23
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yo Shanks! It would have helped WB or Ace if you had arrived WAY earlier! unless of course you came with Law.
Old 2010-03-23, 12:44   Link #24
shankss
CP10

So Shanks get owned by Blackbeard in a completely even fight, how in hell he is going to stop Blackbeard now with both devil fruits on?
Old 2010-03-23, 13:05   Link #25
Trax
Rock beats scissors

When did Shanks get owned? He just got scarred. Besides, we have no idea what he intends to do to stop the war. He might not fight Blackbeard at all.

Chapter sounds awesome, can't wait!
Old 2010-03-23, 13:12   Link #26
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
When did Shanks get owned? He just got scarred. Besides, we have no idea what he intends to do to stop the war. He might not fight Blackbeard at all.
Shanks stated that he wasnt being careless in that fight.So I dont think that Blackbeard pulled a hit&run trick on him.
Old 2010-03-23, 13:30   Link #27
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post

It's Shanks.

Anyway, I'm not really expecting him to fight against Blackbeard, myself (a least, not now, anyway). Y'see, I pretty much took his line about "ending the war" to mean that he came to take the remaining Whitebeard pirates and high-tail it out of Marineford (so his crew would keep the admirals busy until then). As Coby said, further conflict would be pointless since the marines already realized their goal.....
Old 2010-03-23, 13:40   Link #28
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
It was, in fact, Shanks who saved Coby from Akainu's wrath.

Edit: marvelB beat me to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
So Shanks get owned by Blackbeard in a completely even fight, how in hell he is going to stop Blackbeard now with both devil fruits on?
Similar to how people are inclined to make assumption upon the (by Whitebeard mentioned) past duels between Shanks and Mihawk (assumptions that Mihawk are equal or higher tier than Shanks while the fact that they used to spare 10+ years ago tells us little and less about their current relation in strength) so are people prone to make assumption on the past fight between Shanks and Blackbeard.
The scars date at least 10 years ago (he had them when he made his bet on the New Generation; Luffy) and we don't know if it was an equal fight, if Blackbeard owned Shanks (as you said) or if Shanks beat Blackbeard within an inch of his life etc (nor how strong Shanks was at the time, if he was a Yonkou or a rockie Pirate Captain etc).
What we do know is that something with Blackbeard uneased Shanks, but whether it was his fighting strength, his potential fighting strength, his ambition, that Shanks sensed that Blackbeard was a man of many layers or something connected to his "unique body" (etc) we cannot say.

Edit again: missquote

Last edited by John D.; 2010-03-24 at 10:58.
Old 2010-03-23, 13:44   Link #29
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

*jaw drops through floor*

Damn! This war just gets more epic with every chapter. Shanks, Blackbeard vs Sengoku and Garp (maybe we'll see some good teamwork from those two), Coby trying to reason with the Marines, Ben going for the headshot on Kizaru (doubt it will take, but it's still cool).
Old 2010-03-23, 13:59   Link #30
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Y'see, I pretty much took his line about "ending the war" to mean that he came to take the remaining Whitebeard pirates and high-tail it out of Marineford (so his crew would keep the admirals busy until then). As Coby said, further conflict would be pointless since the marines already realized their goal.....
Wouldn't that be kind of...y'know...kind of like just changing the combatants on the pirate side vs. the marines? (Shanks and crew switching with WB crew)
After holding of the admirals (and the rest) and helping WB crew+allies escape, they would be in pretty much in the same seat as the WB pirates were in. Granted, Shanks and his mates are very likely in a better shape to succesfully escape from the three admirals, I still think Shanks has some other thought. Or at least not that it will be the extent of his visit there...
Old 2010-03-23, 14:29   Link #31
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
So with the captain dead, where would all the WB division captains go to? They could join Shanks lol.
Old 2010-03-23, 14:32   Link #32
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Shanks stated that he wasnt being careless in that fight.So I dont think that Blackbeard pulled a hit&run trick on him.
That doesn't mean he got owned, it just means he got hit. Heck, Luffy hit BB pretty hard that doesn't mean he can beat him in a fight.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2010-03-23, 15:10   Link #33
Orath
Gunpla newborn

Send a message via MSN to Orath
If Blackbeard succeed in killing the old generation (Garp and Sengoku), then the scenario with Akainu becoming the Fleet Admiral will get more fuel.

The Marine under Akainu will become the beacon of dark justice, and that might result into a faction of sane mariners to split and establish their own organization that will carry their good justice and oppose the WG. Shichibukai will be disbanded and replaced with an army of Pacifista, forcing the shichibukai to maybe form a new faction to defend them selves or make an alliance with the rest of Yonko plus NW pirates. Not to forget the force that is trying to twist the world to its liking (blackbeard)

If that happens, its gonna be an interesting and dark world
Akainu atrocities in the name of justice alone are enough to freeze the blood of the babies before they are born in fear of him
Old 2010-03-23, 15:20   Link #34
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
That doesn't mean he got owned, it just means he got hit. Heck, Luffy hit BB pretty hard that doesn't mean he can beat him in a fight.
Well, Blackbeard was (like usual) careless and Luffy's initial attack took him by suprise while Shanks clearly stated that his scar(s) wasn't because he was careless or was taken by suprise.^
Old 2010-03-23, 15:33   Link #35
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
So with the captain dead, where would all the WB division captains go to? They could join Shanks lol.

Y'know, the funny thing about this is the fact that Shanks had actually offered Marco to join his crew during his meeting with Whitebeard. I suppose he may have to take him up on that offer now that pops is gone.....
Old 2010-03-23, 15:46   Link #36
John D.

I entertain a fancy to that notion as well.^
Old 2010-03-23, 15:50   Link #37
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

OMGWTFBBQ! THIS IS MAWFUGGIN' EPIC!!!!

Shanks up in this crank! I wonder if he'll do anything other than let the NW pirates escape..
Old 2010-03-23, 16:07   Link #38
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Garp-Sengoku vs BB. I dun care how strong BB is, there is no way BB can go up against the 2 of em at the same time. I'm hoping BB & his crew are forced to retreat.
Old 2010-03-23, 16:07   Link #39
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
Well, Blackbeard was (like usual) careless and Luffy's initial attack took him by suprise while Shanks clearly stated that his scar(s) wasn't because he was careless or was taken by suprise.^
I know, I was just telling him that. Geez is anyone reading my comments before responding.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2010-03-23, 17:10   Link #40
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

yea so I'm in here before scan is out, couldn't help it this time, just needed to know whats up.

and really O.M.F.G!

Now thats what you call making an entrance! EPIC!

Series should be called ONE EPIC! or EPIC PIECE! from now