AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-01-22, 19:38   Link #1741
amasposu

I hope Rin doesn't get addicted to OxyContin. I really don't like how the story is heading.

I am guessing that the drug will get Rin in trouble and Daisuke will save her or something.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:41   Link #1742
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
zzzzzz

this better not turn out a tragedy...

anyway.. what was that medication she took?
It's pain medication... lol, it'll be kinda stupid if pain meds would put her life in danger. Especially since it was only a 40mg dose.

Anyway, it's becoming clearer as to how its gonna turn out. Rin gets rushed to the hospital, Aoki gets informed, he runs to her side and gets all emotional and BLAM! Secret revealed.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:58   Link #1743
amasposu

It is not that OxyContin is life-threatening, which it isn't, but there is a risk that Rin may become addicted to it. 40mg appears to be the normal dosage for an adult but it may be too much for a child. It may even be enough to get Rin hooked; for example, she may continue to take OxyContin 40 in order to see (the hallucination of) her mother. It goes without saying that it is not a good idea for a child to be addicted to any drug. I hope Rin will be okay. :(

Here is some information about OxyContin:
Quote:
OxyContin, a trade name for the narcotic oxycodone hydrochloride, is a painkiller available in the United States only by prescription. OxyContin is legitimately prescribed for relief of moderate to severe pain resulting from injuries, bursitis, neuralgia, arthritis, and cancer. Individuals abuse OxyContin for the euphoric effect it produces--an effect similar to that associated with heroin use.

OxyContin is a Schedule II substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Schedule II drugs, which include cocaine and methamphetamine, have a high potential for abuse. Abuse of these drugs may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.
Old 2012-01-22, 20:07   Link #1744
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

True, Rin could end up wanting to use it to relieve herself of her heartache. The possible addiction could be the catharsis for Aoki to man up.
Old 2012-01-22, 20:13   Link #1745
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post

anyway.. what was that medication she took?
oxycontin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone

I'm loving the boin sesei fanservice! Devil-boin is just my style... nude and boobful

Spoiler for this chapter:

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 20:25   Link #1746
henwy

Ummm. 40mg is the normal dose? Not even close. I've been on pain meds for years due to a chronic pain condition and that is not by any means normal. Usually most percocets start at 5/325. That's 5 mg of oxy and people are usually told to pop that once every 6 hours or so. It's hard to even get a doctor to prescribe the 10mg pills, which is as high as percocets even go. I have no clue if it's a mistranslation, a mistake, or maybe Japan is just nuts because you can't even get 40mg immediate release pills in the US. The highest they go up to is 30 I think in any formulation.

40mg in one go wouldn't kill you though it would probably make you nauseous and puke like crazy unless you had a tolerance. Maximum recommended daily dose in 5-10 mg shots is 20 mg total for non tolerant individuals.

Last edited by henwy; 2012-01-22 at 20:36.
henwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 20:36   Link #1747
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by henwy View Post
Ummm. 40mg is the normal dose? Not even close. I've been on pain meds for years due to a chronic pain condition and that is not by any means normal. Usually most percocets start at 5/325. That's 5 mg of oxy and people are usually told to pop that once every 6 hours or so. It's hard to even get a doctor to prescribe the 10mg pills, which is as high as percocets even go. I have no clue if it's a mistranslation, a mistake, or maybe Japan is just nuts because you can't even get 40mg immediate release pills in the US. The highest they go up to is 30 I think in any formulation.

40mg in one go wouldn't kill you though it would probably make you nauseous and puke like crazy unless you had a tolerance.
Google it. The 60mg and the 80mg are the highest concentration. Based on what I am reading, OxyContin 40 is meant to be taken no more than once every 12 hours.

Anyway, even if Percocet and OxyContin both contain Oxycodone, you probably shouldn't compare the concentration simply based on that. I mean, they are different drugs to begin with.

Last edited by amasposu; 2012-01-22 at 20:52.
Old 2012-01-22, 20:45   Link #1748
henwy

I thought it said oxycodone instead of oxycontin. Oxycodone is the active ingredient in oxycontin. It goes up to 100 mg (though discontinued in many places now) but is slow release over 12 hours. 40 mg is still way higher than a normal dose no matter how you slice it. I was on 20's for over a year before I got a bump up and that was with tolerance. When I first started with the 20's, I puked up like crazy half the time. At her bodyweight, it's effectively closer to double that and we're crossing the line between side effect territory and potential OD.
henwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 22:40   Link #1749
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
lol
now all of you talk like a doctor...

what ever the drug is, it's can be lethal just with one condition, miss-use of it.
If that really what you're talking about, than Rin can puke it out using pure water with salt
or if it already past 5 minutes use milk,pure milk..
..ah! I mean..Cow's milk, not Breast Milk XD

look like Rin want to end her own life hahahaha

IT'S NOT FUNNY!!! KAWASHITA SENSEI?! DO YOU WANNA DIE?! YOU JUST TEACH KIDS TO SUICIDE!!I'LL SEND NINJA TO U IF IT IS!!....hrm?...oh! wait! this is not for kids! this is for Adults...sorry! I forgot

Kids is Seed of the future, although lot's of them will become Black Blooded vermin (ANIMAL) after grow up which I must terminate as much as I can, there's still a 50 : 50 % chance that they will become HUMAN, which we must protect to inherit this planet.
That's one of the reason, why we Killers, didn't allowed to kill child
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 23:23   Link #1750
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Once every 12 hr...

I think the bag said
毎食後 一回一(Really blurry character that I didn't bother to read)

So once after every meal I think. (sort of sure, someone that is good at Japanese please confirm.)

idk, about irl, but I think for KnJ, Rin overdoses if she takes more than one every 8 hours since that is the correct amount in the KnJ universe according to the bag of medicine.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 06:43   Link #1751
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Once every 12 hr...

I think the bag said
毎食後 一回一(Really blurry character that I didn't bother to read)

So once after every meal I think. (sort of sure, someone that is good at Japanese please confirm.)

idk, about irl, but I think for KnJ, Rin overdoses if she takes more than one every 8 hours since that is the correct amount in the KnJ universe according to the bag of medicine.
毎食後一回一錠
That blurry one was the kanji for pill, but yea, its 1 pill after ever meal

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 20:50   Link #1752
NaweG
Just some guy

Well, the old saying is "Sex, Drugs, and Rock n Roll". So we started with sex, and now we appear to be moving to Drugs. So I presume the series will end with Rin becoming an Idol (with the help of her two friends which will make this Triple R?), and Aoki leaving to become her manager...
Old 2012-01-25, 21:44   Link #1753
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Thanks to everyone who provided info about OxyContin. I wasn't sure what type of meds it was myself.

Whoa! I went back to look at the page and I didn't catch that Rin is actually taking Aki's prescription the first time I read it!
You can see her name: 九重秋様 on the bag!!

This has an ominous feeling to it....

On the other hand, Rin may not really be sick. She grabs her chest in pain after thinking about Aoki kissing Houin so she may just be suffering from heartache (you can actually feel physical pain during it) and, like a true child, is thinking painkillers will actually help. Of course they won't so that's not a good thing either if she keeps taking it under false presumptions.

Oh but here's the weird thing though: Since the OxyContin was originally Aki's, wouldn't it have expired by now?
I mean, Aki's been gone for what? Six years, if Rin is eleven. Heck, she is probably almost twelve now. Seven-year-old medication? I would think it'd lose its effect. I accidentally took expired meds for a month (anxiety medication mind you but) and at the end, I suffered a major breakdown because the meds were no longer doing what they were supposed to do. x_x

Or perhaps OxyContin doesn't expire for a long long time? I don't know?

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-01-25 at 22:03.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 22:50   Link #1754
Shadow5YA

I find it really hard to believe that Rin would mistake an emotional heartache as a physical illness, considering how mature she is.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 11:38   Link #1755
User68604
Disabled By Request

well...she's still a kid...
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 20:06   Link #1756
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
well...she's still a kid...
And it wouldn't surprise me to see that this is the point the author is trying to remind Rin and the rest of. She THINKS she's an adult some times, but then she gets in situations where you have to stop for a minute and remember that she isn't.
Old 2012-02-22, 23:48   Link #1757
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Chapter 80 has been released!

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-23, 01:14   Link #1758
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Wow, Rin was really tripping balls there... she got a wet dream about Aoki while her being borned from a teddy bear...
Old 2012-02-23, 15:02   Link #1759
Seitsuki
Onee!

...sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 2012-02-27, 22:35   Link #1760
Dark Wing

I've been really late when it comes to commenting on this manga but I have to just chime in and say...WTF!?

Well I'm glad Rin bounced back hopefully Reiji talked to her about taking pills you just find...

Next Chapter Boin-Sensei's brother comes to town!

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen